PDA

View Full Version : Dimmu Borgir -- Olso, Norway -- May 28th, 2011

Travis The Dragon
05-29-2011, 03:59 PM
This past Saturday, May 28, at the Oslo Spektrum in Norway, Norwegian symphonic black metallers DIMMU BORGIR performed one very exclusive show with a special, never-to-be-repeated setlist with 53 members of KORK (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra) and 30 members of the Schola Cantorum choir, who were musical guests on the band's ninth studio album, "Abrahadabra". This was the group's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer.

01. Xibir
02. Born Treacherous
03. Gateways
04. Dimmu Borgir (orchestral)
05. Dimmu Borgir
06. Ritualist
07. A Jewel Traced Through Coal
08. Eradication Instincts Defined (orchestral)
09. Vredesbyrd
10. Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse
11. The Serpentine Offering
12. Fear And Wonder (orchestral)
13. Puritania
14. Kings Of The Carnival Creation
15. Mourning Palace
16. Perfection Or Vanity

SOURCE Includes pics and vids (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158760)

Just so you know, the orchestra did perform on every song. On the songs that have "orchestral", only the orchestra performed without the band.

Damn, I sure would have loved to have been at this! I believe I read somewhere that Dimmu said a DVD will be released for this. I can't wait for that!

kommie
05-29-2011, 04:06 PM
DEMON BURGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigguytoo9
05-29-2011, 05:41 PM
ya I want a Dummy Burger for dinner please with a side of fries. Used to really dig these guys back in high school, not so much anymore.

kevin_headbanger
05-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Wow, great setlist, and what an epic show! I hope there will be a DVD, so I can watch it in its entirety...

Shadowswillfall414
05-29-2011, 06:21 PM
FUCK, this would have been such an amazing show.

666ways2love
05-29-2011, 08:48 PM
After seeing some of the pictures and video of this, it's safe to say I got a Dimmu Boner

bobbie solo
05-29-2011, 09:54 PM
i call bullshit on them not touring this eventually. it's getting a really good reaction on the internet and could def. draw in bigger cities. im not a huge fan, and id go to this in a second based on the videos ive watched. would be a very entertaining and unique thing to see.

daimonos
05-29-2011, 10:00 PM
This is the worst I've seen from them. Kings of the Carnival Creation and Mourning Palace are cool, but other than those it's kind of a let down. I guess I just don't like these guys anymore.

666ways2love
05-29-2011, 10:04 PM
i call bullshit on them not touring this eventually. it's getting a really good reaction on the internet and could def. draw in bigger cities. id not a huge fan, and id go to this in a second based on the videos ive watched. would be a very entertaining and unique thing to see.

I'd pay to see this, but I have a feeling it won't travel too far outside of Norway. The cost involved to drive the personnel and equipment of an orchestra and choir would be expensive.

Give me a well filmed blu-ray and I'll be happy

As for daimonos comment about the set list; True, it's not the best Dimmu set. But you have to remember they are picking songs from their catalog that they felt would best utilize the orchestra/choir to it's fullest potential.

bobbie solo
05-29-2011, 10:21 PM
the ticket prices would be high, no doubt. but the cost of travel isnt as big as you might think. its a few more buses & the initial plane tickets, thats all. if they charged around $100/ticket, they could do it im sure.

Maideneer
06-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Can I just say now that I've had a chance to really study this set, it is a complete and total letdown. What a total load, look at this album breakdown.

For All Tid - 0
Stormblåst - 0
Enthrone Darkness Triumphant - 1
Godless Savage Garden - 0
Spiritual Black Dimensions - 0
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia - 4
Death Cult Armageddon - 3
In Sorte Diaboli - 1
Abrahadabra - 7

Sorry, with an amazingly unique opportunity to do something special, they go ahead and treat it like a normal "promote the new record" show. To not even attempt anything off Stormblåst with an orchestra is an utterly stupid decision. Not even anything off of Spiritual Black Dimesnions...Arcane Lifeforce Mysteria or The Promised Future Aeons would have sounded great with an orchestra. Other songs that should have been considered:

Entrance
Raabjørn Speiler Draugheimens Skodde
Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen
Det Nye Riket (how AMAZING would this have sounded?)