PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Deathfest -- Baltimore, MD -- May 26th-29th, 2011

coltongsmith
05-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Impaled Nazarene (Some Incomplete Song Titles)

Corpses
Ghettoblaster
Quasb / The Burning
Silent and Violent Type
Motorpenis
For Those Who Have Fallen
Enlightenment Process
Cogito Ergo Sum
The Horny And The Horned
Tentacles of the Octagon
Penis et Circes
Armageddon Death Squad
Sadhu Satana
Total War - Winter War

Nunslaughter

Fire
Death By The Dead
Midnight Mass
Emperor in Hell
God Has Lied
Killed By The Cross
As the Cacodemons Feast
Hex
God
Sacrificial Zombie
Fuck the Bastard
Raid the Convent
Cryptic Aeon
In the Graveyard
Satanic Slut
Smell The Burning Churches

Inquisition

Astral Path to Supreme Majesties
Nefarious Dismal Orations
Empire of Luciferian Race
Command of the Dark
We Summon The Winds Of Fire (For The Burning Of All Holiness)
Where Darkness Is Lord and Death the Beginning
Embraced by the Unholy Powers of Death and Destruction
Imperial Hymn for Our Master Satan
Crush the Jewish Prophet
Cosmic Invocation Rites

Exhumed (Incomplete Songs Titles)

All Guts, No Glory
Necromaniac
Decrepit Crescendo
Waxwork
As Hammer to Anvil
Casketkrusher
Excreting Innards
Slaughtercult
Limb From Limb
Guitar Solo
The Matter of Splatter
Open the Abscess

Marduk

Phosphorous Redeemer
Burn My Coffin
Limbs of Worship
Materialized in Stone
Panzer Division Marduk
The Black
The Hangman Of Prague
Into Utter Madness
Bleached Bones
Warschau 2: Headhunter Halfmoon

Missing a lot, I will edit with any additions on this thread

idrinkwine732
05-29-2011, 08:25 AM
From the other thread...

Avulsed:

Stabwound Orgasm
Powdered Flesh
Gorespattered Suicide
Breaking Hymens
Burnt But Not Carbonized
Sick Sick Sex
Devourer of the Dead
Nullo
Exorcismo Vaginal

Hail of Bullets:

Operation Z
Guadalcanal
Red Wolves of Stalin
Full Scale War
Kamikaze
General Winter
On Coral Shores
Tokyo Napalm Holocaust
Ordered Eastward

Exhorder

Death in Vain
Homicide
Unforgiven
Legions of Death
The Law
I Am the Cross
Cadence of the Dirge
Desecrator
Slaughter in the Vatican
Anal Lust

BrutalN00dle
05-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Inquisition was fucking incredible, along with Neurosis. Hail of Bullets as well.

JLRedWing13
05-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Looking forward to the Coroner setlist......

treghet
05-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Exhumed played "Excreting Innards"?! :eek: :rocker:

Looking forward to the Coroner setlist......

Same here.

idrinkwine732
05-29-2011, 09:44 AM
I know everything except Grin pretty well, so I should be able to give a ? filled setlist at the least.

I'm going to leave after Coroner, tomorrow is going to be tiring as well.

ShatteredFlame
05-29-2011, 09:54 AM
You should watch Wormed and Last Days of Humanity. 2 great sets then leave because Ghost will suck

slapguitarer
05-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I know everything except Grin pretty well, so I should be able to give a ? filled setlist at the least.

I'm going to leave after Coroner, tomorrow is going to be tiring as well.

Not a fan of Ghost?

treghet
05-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Not a fan of Ghost?

Ghost has zero stage presence, so whether you're a fan or not it would be a pretty boring performance.

ShatteredFlame
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Oddly enough, their a party brigade band. So maybe some fun shit goes down to fuck up their performance.

Wizzbang11
05-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Badass fucking Nunslaughter set.
I can't believe anyone would leave before Ghost, but whatever floats your boat. I'm more impressed by them then half the other bands on MDF.
Where's the Blood Freak set? I'm very curious to see what they ended up playing. Not too impressed with their new record.

ravenheart
05-29-2011, 11:44 AM
I can't believe anyone would leave before Ghost,

I would. They suck live.

Wizzbang11
05-29-2011, 11:53 AM
I would. They suck live.

I've seen multiple people say this, which I find odd considering Repugnant are pretty cool live and all the videos I've seen of Ghost seem no less boring than any other "occult"/heavy metal/rock band.
Have you seen them?

idrinkwine732
05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I've decided to stick around, I'm back at my room now but I'm leaving in a second to catch Dead Congregation.

Blood Freak contained...

Werewolf a gore gore
Gobble up your guts
Pink on the inside
Merchants of sleaze
Sex trash princess
We kill cause we care

And I think feast of the undead was in there too. If I see Kevin again today I'll ask him.

Immolation1985
05-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Marduk set was already posted in a previous thread...

ravenheart
05-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I've seen multiple people say this, which I find odd considering Repugnant are pretty cool live and all the videos I've seen of Ghost seem no less boring than any other "occult"/heavy metal/rock band.
Have you seen them?

Yeah, saw them in April. Was looking forward to it as I love the album, but they were desperately boring. Zero stage presence, zero energy, zero anything. I could have just turned the CD up loud and looked at band photos.

I had planned to see them later the same month with Blood Ceremony. The Blood Ceremony gig got cancelled, so I lucked out when they rescheduled with Wolf People.

Got another chance to see them in June, but skipping in favour of Ozzy.

christopher
05-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone have that Doom setlist?? I'm seeing them on Wednesday and wondering what they will play

idrinkwine732
05-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Skinless probably just put on the best set of the festival. I was front and center and got a pick and a setlist.

I love you, MDF

idrinkwine732
05-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Coroner

Golden Cashmere Sleeper
Internal Conflicts
Serpent Moves
Masked Jackal
DOA
Still Thinking
Metamorphosis
Read My Scars
Lethargic Age
Semtex Revolution
Gliding Above
Divine Step
No Need to be Human
Der Mussolini
Grin
-------------
Purple Haze (Jimi Hendrix cover)
Reborn Through Hell

Fuck this setlist. Still tied Skinless for best band of the day. Amazing

treghet
05-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Marduk set was already posted in a previous thread...

If you're mad about that you probably should have named your topic "Maryland Deathfest" instead of "Marduk". Nobody wants to click multiple threads to find each band's set.

Coroner

Fuck this setlist. Still tied Skinless for best band of the day. Amazing

:( WHYYYYYYYYYY. They REALLY need to take a hint. It looks like they at least changed one or two songs though.

stylesclash516
05-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Hail of Bullets:

Operation Z
Guadalcanal
Red Wolves of Stalin
Full Scale War
Kamikaze
General Winter
On Coral Shores
Tokyo Napalm Holocaust
Ordered Eastward

They didn't play Warsaw Rising? :eyes:

BrutalN00dle
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
OH MY GOD CORONER SUCKED.

They played at least Masked Jackal, DOA, and Read My Scars, but by then I was too fed up to keep watching them play a really half-assed set (I left halfway through and I'm a huge Coroner fan, if you're taking my word for how bad it was). Everything was slowed down, even the old stuff. This may just be the most disappointing set I've ever seen.

GarageMetal468
05-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Ghost

Con Clavi Con Dio
Elizabeth
Death Knell
Satan Prayer
Stand by Him
Prime Mover
Genesis
Ritual

And Coroner wasn't as good as I thought they'd be, and they're in the top 3 of my favorite bands. I'm pretty drunk right now, reviews tomorrow or Tuesday.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Well fuck your shit, guys. I loved 'em.

coltongsmith
05-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Nokturnel

Legend of the Wolven
Visions of the Haunted
Realm of Possession
Force Fed Fear
Immortal Destroyer
I Remain Faithless
Human Termite
Demonic Supremacy
Nokturnal Ancestral

Gravehill

Unholy Executioner
Devil Worshipper
Murder
Bloodsoaked
Hell Metal Holocaust
Suffer No Man To Live
Rites of the Pentagram
Ravager
Decibel Ritual

Skinless

Foreshadowing Our Demise
Extermination of My Filthy Species
Tampon Lollipops
Smothered
Cuntaminated
Tug of War Intestines
Crispy Kids
Deviation Will Not Be Tolerated
Deathwork
The Optimist
Pool of Stool

Citizens Arrest (Partial)

Soaked in Others Blood
Number
Alive in the Darkness
Family at Your Throat
The Silent Remains
Open Wound

Nuclear Assault

Rise From the Ashed
Brainwashed
F#
New Song
Critical Mass
Game Over
Buttfuck
Price of Freedom
Betrayal
After The Holocaust
Wake Up
When Freedom Dies
Trail of Tears
My America/Hang the Pope/Lesbians
Technology

tenchimyo
05-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Cool thread. By the time I decided I wanted to check this out, the website said SOLD OUT.

Maybe next year.

How was the crowd and the energy level? I'm only slightly familiar with some of the more headlining bands here, so I am curious as to how the overall feel of the show was.

I imagine it would be BRUTAL, either way \m/

idrinkwine732
05-30-2011, 06:14 AM
How was the crowd and the energy level? I'm only slightly familiar with some of the more headlining bands here, so I am curious as to how the overall feel of the show was.

I imagine it would be BRUTAL, either way \m/

It was heaven.

...the brutal way.

Apparently some bad shit went down after Ghost yesterday, did anyone catch what happened? I've heard everything from beatings, pepper spray and even as much as tear gas. I dont believe much of it, but did anyone hear or see anything?

stylesclash516
05-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Apparently some bad shit went down after Ghost yesterday, did anyone catch what happened? I've heard everything from beatings, pepper spray and even as much as tear gas. I dont believe much of it, but did anyone hear or see anything?

Looks like tear gas was the case: http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=246671

kulamram
05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
their last song was the hendrix cover, right? does anyone know where in the list they DID play reborn through hate...wasn't it their first encore? an AMAZING performance by coroner!!

Elvenking
05-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Nokturnel

Legend of the Wolven
Visions of the Haunted
Realm of Possession
Force Fed Fear
Immortal Destroyer
I Remain Faithless
Human Termite
Demonic Supremacy
Nokturnal Ancestral

I'm pretty sure this is what they played in Chicago last weekend too. They played in some shanty behind a mexican place...was quite amusing. It cost 10 bucks to get in, but you could hear everything outside perfectly, so a bunch of us just sat outside with our coolers and just rocked out. Was a good night.

ShatteredFlame
05-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Looks like tear gas was the case: http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=246671

Anyone who stuck around and watched Ghost deserved to be maced.

:lol:

....now to wait for the MDF board reviews since those are always fun.....then wait until like July-August when the first bands for next year are announced

GarageMetal468
05-30-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm pretty sure this is what they played in Chicago last weekend too. They played in some shanty behind a mexican place...was quite amusing. It cost 10 bucks to get in, but you could hear everything outside perfectly, so a bunch of us just sat outside with our coolers and just rocked out. Was a good night.

That's the other Nocturnal, the one from Germany that played in Chicago with Witchaven last weekend. I was at that too and it was fun as hell!

It was funny that there were 2 nocturnals though, Nocturnal and Nokturnel

mankvill
05-30-2011, 09:20 AM
:lol:

....now to wait for the MDF board reviews since those are always fun.....then wait until like July-August when the first bands for next year are announced

I think last year they announced the first bands for MDF like the next week after 2010 MDF.

Bloodcurse
05-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Ghost has zero stage presence, so whether you're a fan or not it would be a pretty boring performance.

I disagree, Ghost was phenomenal in my opinion!!

Bloodcurse
05-30-2011, 11:49 AM

I think you are thinking of the German band (who played on Friday). This set is the US band.

smearCampaign
05-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Anyone catch Acid Witch or Hooded Menace?

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-30-2011, 07:49 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/etfv2x.jpg

Anyone catch Acid Witch or Hooded Menace?

Acid Witch were a clear highlight. The set was mostly heavy on the new record (Witchfynder Finder, Stoned to the Grave were played, they closed with Sabbath of the Undead and I believe they did more), with a couple songs off the first album (Witchblood Cult, The Black Witch) and an EP song (Worship The Worm). Keyboards were present! They were throwing out candy corn and lollipops from a jack-o-lantern as well.

Hooded Menace wasn't quite as strong as Acid Witch as I thought they would be..The slower-paced death doom just didn't translate as well, but they were solid and they seemed to garner a good response.

I hate Ghost but I'll admit their Disco Pop made for fun end-of-the-night party dancing.

Dead Congregation should have been the last band to play. They're up there in the Top 3 Live Death Metal bands, even giving the veterans Immolation & Suffocation a run for their money. The sound was somewhat off, but their sheer ferocity that easily called back to Immo/Suffo/Incantation in their heyday was extremely explosive.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
I LOVED Hooded Menace. I thought they were a ton of fun. I was so fucking tired that I couldn't really do much for them though.

The Colonel
05-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Tragedy

Conflicting Ideas
Not Fucking Fodder
The Day After
Revengeance
The Hunger
The Intolerable Weight
Eyes Of Madness
Waiting
Plan Of Execution
Night Falls
Call To Arms
Vengeance

Neurosis

A Sun That Never Sets
At The End Of The Road
Given To The Rising
The Web
New Song
Locust Star
Water Is Not Enough
Distill
Through Silver In Blood

Both of these are taken from the band's actual setlists. I feel like Neurosis might have cut one song, but I'm not sure.

Wizzbang11
05-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Witchfynder Finder is one of the best song names I've heard in a really long time.

The Colonel
05-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Exhumed

All Guts, No Glory
Necromaniac
Decrepit Crescendo
Waxworks
As Hammer To Anvil
Excreting Innards
Casketcrusher
Forged In Fire Formed In Flame
Slaughtercult
Limb From Limb
Matter Of Splatter
Open The Abscess

Cathedral

Intro
Vampire Sun
Enter The Worms
North Berwick Witch Trials
Midnight Mountain
Cosmic Funeral
Funeral Of Dreams
Carnival Bizaare
Night Of The Seagulls
Ebony Tears
Casket Chasers
Corpsecycle
-------------------------
Ride
Hopkins (Witchfinder General)

These were both taken from the MDF board, although I added a few to Exhumed's from memory so they may be out of order. Scott Carlson from Repulsion played bass for Cathedral.

larvtard
05-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Kinda wishing I pushed my parents harder to let me go to this. I just figured that going would be a waste of money if I wasn't even that familiar with the bands' discographies in the first place. I know I would still have a good time and enjoy the bands, but I didn't think it really made sense to go if I was a foreigner to most of them. I'm gonna enjoy pretty much any metal band that plays live anyway. I'm starting to doubt this logic now.

treghet
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
I just figured that going would be a waste of money if I wasn't even that familiar with the bands' discographies in the first place.

You should go listen to their discographies and then tell us how much you regret not going. ;)

idrinkwine732
05-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I didn't know all of the discographies and it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

larvtard
05-31-2011, 02:38 PM
You should go listen to their discographies and then tell us how much you regret not going. ;)

Haha, I'm working on it. And I'm already regretting it :(

I didn't know all of the discographies and it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

Yup, that's what I figured...

ShatteredFlame
05-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah most of the hardcore/grindcore are way better live bands than on CD.

larvtard
05-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Yeah most of the hardcore/grindcore are way better live bands than on CD.

Well, grindcore is amazing live...

And just to clarify, I don't mean being familiar with a band's entire discography, but I want to know at least a half of all the songs they play. This does not apply to grindcore bands ;)

coltongsmith
05-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, grindcore is amazing live...

And just to clarify, I don't mean being familiar with a band's entire discography, but I want to know at least a half of all the songs they play. This does not apply to grindcore bands ;)
grind core is much better live, this festival is awesome and not that bad of a drive from GA, its worth the money even if u only like half the bands

larvtard
05-31-2011, 08:41 PM
grind core is much better live, this festival is awesome and not that bad of a drive from GA, its worth the money even if u only like half the bands

Okay, well I'm definitely going next year. But really, you don't think 13 hours in the car is bad? *shudder*

jd091
05-31-2011, 11:55 PM
Grindcore is fucking GREAT live! Thats the whole point of it!

Woo hoo I'm not a grindcore virgin anymore

coltongsmith
06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Okay, well I'm definitely going next year. But really, you don't think 13 hours in the car is bad? *shudder*

it only took us 10 and a half to get there from north georgia, if u have two people it's very easy drive

larvtard
06-01-2011, 02:02 PM
it only took us 10 and a half to get there from north georgia, if u have two people it's very easy drive

You should've taken me! :lol: I'll say hi next time I see you at a show. Did you go with that guy you're always with on the rail?

Namaste
06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Dropdead and Cianide setlists?

coltongsmith
06-02-2011, 10:13 AM
You should've taken me! :lol: I'll say hi next time I see you at a show. Did you go with that guy you're always with on the rail?

yeh me and him are at every metal show at the masq

treghet
06-03-2011, 10:33 PM
So, does anybody know what Voivod played? I can't find their setlist anywhere.

Griphook
06-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Inquisition

Astral Path to Supreme Majesties
Nefarious Dismal Orations
Empire of Luciferian Race
Command of the Dark
We Summon The Winds Of Fire (For The Burning Of All Holiness)
Where Darkness Is Lord and Death the Beginning
Embraced by the Unholy Powers of Death and Destruction
Imperial Hymn for Our Master Satan
Crush the Jewish Prophet
Cosmic Invocation Rites

I'm so jealous on everyone that saw this. I really hope too see Inquisition live one day.

Wizzbang11
06-04-2011, 03:39 PM
So, does anybody know what Voivod played? I can't find their setlist anywhere.

I read it was 90% off their first 4 albums.
I absolutely love Voivod, but they are fucking bad at making setlists. They looked weird enough on paper, and sadly as you can see in the Japanese DVD that came out a few years ago it's just as weird in concert. Going from rampaging post apocalyptic speed thrash to oddly timed experimental rock music just doesn't work at all. It would be amazing for them to play a real "early years" setlist, but as far as I'm concerned adding Dimension and especially Nothingface material completely throws the show.

BlashyrkhMR101
06-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Did anyone get a Nightbringer setlist?