PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest make first appearence with Richie Faulkner on guitar

Steev
05-26-2011, 09:13 AM
oddly enough on American Idol, but Richie sounded great(so did the kid singing with Halford, who also covered Sammy Hagar with Zakk Wylde on guitar)

BlindGuardian93
05-26-2011, 10:23 AM
sounded really good.

llama lom
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Video here for people who didn't see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USyQWzUcUI

ravenheart
05-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, he sounds good, but looks like an idiot. He's got boy band written all over him. The kid that is. Faulkner sounds fine, even if he is intentionally faking KK's moves, which is pretty sad.

Steev
05-26-2011, 12:10 PM
the same guy also covered Sammy Hagar with Zakk Wylde

hopefully he can move on from this show, he has a great voice

ravenheart
05-26-2011, 12:17 PM
the same guy also covered Sammy Hagar with Zakk Wylde

Yeah, you said that already.

And he'll get to record an album or two, but it'll be watered-down shitty pop rock because he'll have been convinced that's where the money is. Don't expect anything good to come of this, it never does.

NickLed19
05-26-2011, 01:47 PM
He will end up being in a new rock band, he is a fake metal guy. He thinks Sammy Hagar is Metal.

BloodoftheKings
05-26-2011, 01:50 PM
He will end up being in a new rock band, he is a fake metal guy. He thinks Sammy Hagar is Metal.

I think anyone with autism who was able to make something of himself and get to perform live with judas preist is more metal then all of us put together.

Steev
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Well the song was "Heavy Metal"(yeah bad I know), anyway he has a good voice for it, hopefully he does something useful with it

Steev
05-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, you said that already.

So I did, my mistake

darkguardian50
05-26-2011, 10:02 PM
James has got that heavy metal spirit so I do think he's the real deal. He doesn't apparently like the stuff like Bullet for My Valentine, All that Remains and what not, he's more of a classic metal guy (from some metal thing he did on Sirius apparently). He seems pretty driven to create a metal album. When he did the Sammy Hagar song the producers told him it was a terrible choice and he did it anyways, and it went over really well. So if he's willing to fight then he has a fair shot at actually putting out something that doesn't sound like rock-lite. We all know how tough the mainstream music industry is though, so I'm not to hopeful. Best I can hope is that some already established metal band in need of a lead singer will snatch him up because he has a terrific voice. He put a pretty cool metal spin on the end of Muse's "Uprising" by basically doing his best Halford impression on the last chorus. Pretty fun stuff.

Regardless Priest seemed to think pretty highly of him which has got to be a major victory for him. And you gotta love Priest getting exposed to the masses. I do wish they had done Hellion/Electric Eye instead of Living After Midnight, I hate that song.