PDA

View Full Version : Acrassicauda -- Austin, TX -- May 24th, 2011

RampinUp46
05-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Opening bands were Ink Blot, Contact High Five, and Eagle Claw. I'd definitely recommend checking out Eagle Claw on YouTube or something when you have the chance. Anyway, here's Acrassicauda's set:

Intro
The Unknown
Tyrants of Philosophy
Garden of Stones
Massacre
Sinbad
The Unholy Lie
[New song, no title]
Poison Tree
Message From Baghdad

Nick_to_the_face
05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Isn't that band that came from Iraq?

smearCampaign
05-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Isn't that band that came from Iraq?

Yep it's the band from the documentary Heavy Metal In Baghdad (http://www.heavymetalinbaghdad.com/). I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix instant watch if anyone hasn't seen it and has Netflix.

I hit up this show after the Primus show at Stubbs around the corner. I got there before Eagle Claw started and got a text from Razor_shark, so I met up with him and Natrlhi outside the venue and shot the shit for about a half an hour or so before they had to head out. I went back into Red 7 for Eagle Claw; who is a great local instrumental metal band. Acrassicauda came up next and gave us a solid slab of thrash on a Tuesday night. You can definitely hear the Metallica/Testament influence in their stuff and it even has a Death sound to it at times. You can also pick up on some Middle Eastern influence in the guitars and drums, but not to the extent of something like Melechesh. A good showing from these guys, they have a lot of potential so hopefully they can flesh it out into their own sound because they definitely have the talent to do so.

RampinUp46
05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Yep it's the band from the documentary Heavy Metal In Baghdad (http://www.heavymetalinbaghdad.com/). I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix instant watch if anyone hasn't seen it and has Netflix.

I hit up this show after the Primus show at Stubbs around the corner. I got there before Eagle Claw started and got a text from Razor_shark, so I met up with him and Natrlhi outside the venue and shot the shit for about a half an hour or so before they had to head out. I went back into Red 7 for Eagle Claw; who is a great local instrumental metal band. Acrassicauda came up next and gave us a solid slab of thrash on a Tuesday night. You can definitely hear the Metallica/Testament influence in their stuff and it even has a Death sound to it at times. You can also pick up on some Middle Eastern influence in the guitars and drums, but not to the extent of something like Melechesh. A good showing from these guys, they have a lot of potential so hopefully they can flesh it out into their own sound because they definitely have the talent to do so.

Were you the guy in the blue Primus shirt with the weed with some chick's lipstick (or something) on the joint?

smearCampaign
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Were you the guy in the blue Primus shirt with the weed with some chick's lipstick (or something) on the joint?

Nope. I was wearing a black Tool shirt. I'm pretty sure I saw the guy you are talking about though.

BloodoftheKings
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
with the weed with some chick's lipstick (or something) on the joint?

How do you notice that?

RampinUp46
05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
How do you notice that?

The joint had this red marking down the side of it and the guy I mentioned (in the blue Primus shirt) said some chick got that on there.