PDA

View Full Version : Moving to London

Kapper
05-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey guys, I currently live in Brisbane Australia, however I'm moving to London in August with a couple of friends for around a year or two with the aim of finding an OK job and see as many shows/festivals as humanly possible!

We've just started the passport/visa application process so if anyone can give me any sort of tips it'd be very appreciated!

Any knowledge about living in London/getting around/visa's/internet providers/ANYTHING is very welcome!

Wizzbang11
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
You should ask Brad, he's our local London inhabitant. I think he's the only one there on the site.

mankvill
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
You should ask Brad, he's our local London inhabitant. I think he's the only one there on the site.

how dare you forget Ravenhearted

Wizzbang11
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
how dare you forget Ravenhearted

Shut up, nimrod. Go buy some 40K and become an Arghoslent top listener.

ChildrenofSodom
05-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Hey guys, I currently live in Brisbane Australia, however I'm moving to London in August with a couple of friends for around a year or two with the aim of finding an OK job and see as many shows/festivals as humanly possible!

We've just started the passport/visa application process so if anyone can give me any sort of tips it'd be very appreciated!

Any knowledge about living in London/getting around/visa's/internet providers/ANYTHING is very welcome!

You probably have a funny accent already, so you should fit right in. :usa:

Kapper
05-23-2011, 06:57 PM
You probably have a funny accent already, so you should fit right in. :usa:

hahaha, well I think the cultural difference between Australia and England will be pretty small as well, so atleast that's one thing I won't have to worry about.

Natrlhi
05-23-2011, 09:00 PM
...I think the cultural difference between Australia and England will be pretty small as well...Just don't be offended or shocked if someone asks you to go pick up some fags for him...it doesn't mean the same in "Australian" as it does in English. ;)

DethMaiden
05-24-2011, 12:46 AM
I can give you a bunch of info about this stuff having just gone through the visa process to live in London as well, even though I'm only staying a couple of months (this go around, anyway). PM me.

ravenheart
05-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Sorry, can't help. Don't even know where this "London" place of which you speak is.

idrinkwine732
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I used to live in London and it's just such an awesome place to live. I think I'll look back at life and think that some of my best years were when I lived there.

I know some basic stuff about living there, but not much with visas, etc. If you have any questions, let me know, but I am not sure I can be much help.