PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem US tour in November

HackedUpForBBQ
05-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Went to see Sepultura in Rochester last night and ran into my buddy that works at the Montage. Apparently they've booked Mayhem for November 5, which is kinda crazy because the place only holds 300-400 people. Can't wait for this one

GarageMetal468
05-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah someone who went to a Sepultura show in Florida last month that he talked to one of the guys in Hate and they're touring with them. Same with Keep of Kalessin, a band from Finland, another from New York and 2 more.

masterguy49
05-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah someone who went to a Sepultura show in Florida last month that he talked to one of the guys in Hate and they're touring with them. Same with Keep of Kalessin, a band from Finland, another from New York and 2 more.
Thanks for giving me credit! :D
But yeah bro, old news ;)

AnataFan4Life
05-22-2011, 08:08 AM
The NY band is either Abigail Williams or Krallice, calling it right now.

The Finnish band is a tougher one to call. Assuming they want to stick to bands who at least have some affiliation with black metal, maybe it could be Impaled Nazarene or Moonsorrow. I'd love Kalmah, but I doubt they're "black" enough for the lineup.

I guess time will tell.

floydhunter9
05-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Fuck, I would be all over seeing Mayhem in Rochester. That's a really weird venue for them, though.

idrinkwine732
05-22-2011, 08:54 AM

The Finnish band is a tougher one to call. Assuming they want to stick to bands who at least have some affiliation with black metal, maybe it could be Impaled Nazarene or Moonsorrow. I'd love Kalmah, but I doubt they're "black" enough for the lineup.

I guess time will tell.

I don't think that any of those three Finnish bands really fit the bill. I bet it's a more blackened act.

AnataFan4Life
05-22-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't think that any of those three Finnish bands really fit the bill. I bet it's a more blackened act.

Catamenia? Beherit? That's all that's popping in my mind at the moment.

idrinkwine732
05-22-2011, 09:28 AM
Well, Beherit would make me shit myself and Catamenia wouldn't suck either. I just have a feeling it's someone less than exciting.

llama lom
05-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Agreed. It'll probably be Krallice if it's between those two though.

DethMaiden
05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Would probably go to Chicago or Cleveland for this. Skipping this is basically on par with skipping Immortal or Emperor.

treghet
05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Don't think too hard, guys. It could be anyone really. Their last tour included Cephalic Carnage and Cattle Decapitation.

HackedUpForBBQ
05-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Fuck, I would be all over seeing Mayhem in Rochester. That's a really weird venue for them, though.

Yeah it's gonna be ridiculous seeing them at a place that small. Hopefully they will have a supply of livestock with them to slaughter on stage

Magson13
05-22-2011, 04:01 PM
They constantly talk to promoters about booking shows, but then pull out before the tour is even announced. I won't believe they're actually touring until they start playing at the venue near me.

JuuKun
05-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Imp Naz/Mayhem would be amazing :drool:

stylesclash516
05-22-2011, 04:42 PM
This tour (and every other Black Metal tour) needs to play Mr. Smalls in Pittsburgh. It's a church which makes for an awesome atmosphere. :D

jd091
05-22-2011, 05:04 PM
omg if it is Krallice I will accidently so hard all over my keyboard. :eek::drool::agree:

larvtard
05-22-2011, 05:07 PM

I guess time will tell.

NY band could be Black Anvil, as someone's pointed out before. Maybe even Liturgy :badidea:

NecroRob
05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
NY band could be Black Anvil, as someone's pointed out before. Maybe even Liturgy :badidea:

That would possibly be the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Black Anvil>>>>>>>>>>>Liturgy/Krallice/Abigail Williams

jd091
05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Black Anvil>>>>>>>>>>>Liturgy/Krallice/Abigail Williams

False! :hmm:

hellawaits77ny
05-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Doesn;t matter who they get to open, no one will hold a torch to Mayhem. Can't wait for this tour.

bt11763
05-22-2011, 09:48 PM

want. they have the new album and all. and they were supposed to be on that last tour that flubbed

jd091
05-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Goddammit, they have 3 albums out now. I wanna see Krallice headline a show.

christopher
05-23-2011, 12:30 AM
I would love for the other band to be Archgoat:rocker:They need to tour the states properly and a tour with Mayhem would be the perfect opportunity

Nick_to_the_face
05-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Lol at Brutal Descent because he actually likes Liturgy :lol:

MPF
05-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Liturgy. I haven't heard enough of them to have a real opinion on them. Their singer is by far the weakest member of the band, bu the music isn't too bad.

Namaste
06-01-2011, 09:54 PM
This would be a Mayhem tour that I'd like to see:

Mayhem
Cradle of Filth
Immolation
Enslaved

jd091
06-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Mayhem
Immolation
Enslaved

I fixed it for ya.

Namaste
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I fixed it for ya.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

Magson13
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Don't fix what isn't broken.

Cradle of Filth is broken.

bt11763
06-02-2011, 09:54 PM
hahaha imagine cradle of filth going on before mayhem? that would be hilarious

RAZOR
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
hahaha imagine cradle of filth going on before mayhem? that would be hilarious

Riots, riots everywhere.

Northern_Shaman
06-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Just heard what I think was a hint towards this tour coming to Vancouver. The local metal specialty shop announced the Opeth, Enslaved, and Firewind tours yesterday on their Facebook page. A bunch of people were commenting in shock/awe, and the owner said something along the lines of 'the TRVEST announcement is yet to come!'.

MPF
06-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Just heard what I think was a hint towards this tour coming to Vancouver. The local metal specialty shop announced the Opeth, Enslaved, and Firewind tours yesterday on their Facebook page. A bunch of people were commenting in shock/awe, and the owner said something along the lines of 'the TRVEST announcement is yet to come!'.

Mayhem and Triptykon?

mankvill
06-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Mayhem and Triptykon?

:drool:

bt11763
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
:drool:

THAT

Northern_Shaman
06-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Mayhem and Triptykon?

Not sure how that hints at Triptykon. Haven't heard any rumours about them doing another tour. Have you? That would be a pretty great lineup, though.

MPF
06-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Not sure how that hints at Triptykon. Haven't heard any rumours about them doing another tour. Have you? That would be a pretty great lineup, though.

You said "TRVEST"

What's more TRVEST then Mayhem and Triptykon? ;)

treghet
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
You said "TRVEST"

Mayhem and Celtic Frost! ;)

MPF
06-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Mayhem and Celtic Frost! ;)

If only.

But Triptykon is just as Brutal, I'll always take them if Celtic Frost stays dead.

JuuKun
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
You said "TRVEST"

Mayhem and Immortal.

mankvill
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Mayhem and Immortal.

nah

moobys37
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
But Triptykon is just as Brutal, I'll always take them if Celtic Frost stays dead.

Celtic Frost is dead forever.

jd091
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
nah

Krallice and Liturgy?

http://files.sharenator.com/trollface_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s300x273-150640.jpg

JuuKun
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
nah

I'd definitely prefer Triptykon over Immortal, but you don't get much trver than these guys.

http://www.tartareandesire.com/bands/images/immortal.jpg

illuminatus917
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd definitely prefer Triptykon over Immortal, but you don't get much trver than these guys.

I actually would too. Not because Triptykon's the better band... I'm just dying to see some of that debut of theirs live.

stylesclash516
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM
You said "TRVEST"

Mayhem & Emperor.

MPF
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Mayhem & Emperor.

I'll personally do anything for the person who coaxes Ihsahn to ever do a tour again.

HackedUpForBBQ
06-08-2011, 05:22 AM
I'd love to see Mayhem with Gorgoroth, but Infernus can't get into the damn country

JuuKun
06-08-2011, 07:22 AM
I'll personally do anything for the person who coaxes Ihsahn to ever do a tour again.

+1

mankvill
06-08-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd love to see Mayhem with Gorgoroth, but Infernus can't get into the damn country

God, if there's one band that would be perfect to tour with Mayhem, it'd be Gorgoroth. That would be the ultimate black metal show.

bt11763
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
God, if there's one band that would be perfect to tour with Mayhem, it'd be Gorgoroth. That would be the ultimate black metal show.

unfuckwitable

JuuKun
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM

You know it's true since I'm not that big into either band but I can totally agree with this statement. The only thing that would make it better would be the resurrection of Dead.

illuminatus917
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Support in Charlotte, NC is:

Keep of Kalessin
Hate
Abigail Williams

I'll take it.

idrinkwine732
06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
That is aaaawesome. When is the show in Charlotte?

illuminatus917
06-08-2011, 10:24 PM
It's on December 10th.

http://www.tremontmusichall.com/upcoming.html

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about this slew of concerts coming up this fall/winter.

moobys37
06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm really hoping there's another band. Nothing against those 3, but besides Keep of Kalessin I've already seen them multiple times. I wish we could get some more unique support on these mid-sized tours.

illuminatus917
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I was really hoping for Triptykon, but oh well.

moobys37
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=602

Full dates here. Surprise surprise, an enter the vault tour with the same opening acts and not bothering to try to open new markets.

mankvill
06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
http://www.enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=602

Full dates here. Surprise surprise, an enter the vault tour with the same opening acts and not bothering to try to open new markets.

I guess I could go down to San Antonio, catch this tour, hibernate for a week, then go to Rites of Darkness.

idrinkwine732
06-08-2011, 10:56 PM
I'll be able to make this tour in San Francisco, I'll be home for Thanksgiving.

jd091
06-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I'll be at the Chicago date! :rocker:

treghet
06-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Cool, they are playing very close to me and on a Saturday! I will make sure to be there, assuming the tour doesn't fall apart. Also, I will be more than happy to see Hate again.

DethMaiden
06-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Might have to head down to Louisville for this.

hellawaits77ny
06-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Bummer, no Montreal. Road trip possibly

JuuKun
06-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Keep of Kalessin? I guess that means I'll actually be seeing Mayhem. Nice. :party:

stylesclash516
06-09-2011, 06:31 AM
How is there no Mr. Smalls date in Pittsburgh? I never thought I'd see the day when Mayhem skips out on playing a church.

GarageMetal468
06-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Eh, support could be better and it's expensive as hell... This is a big maybe for me, although I would like to see Mayhem.

daimonos
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Well this would be the first show that skips Pittsburgh that I get the benefit of seeing in Chicago!

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Might have to head down to Louisville for this.Fuck that. Go to the Peabody's show on 11/11/11. You'll also get to see Woe - and perhaps yours truly (OK, maybe that isn't considered a bonus, but whatever :tongue:). Plus, it's on a Friday, so you can stop home and see your parents for the weekend like a good son should. ;)

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Well this would be the first show that skips Pittsburgh that I get the benefit of seeing in Chicago!I considered the Chicago show for a minute, because it's the night after the Judas Priest show that I've been contemplating. The problem is that the Mayhem show is on a Sunday, and even if I do make the road trip for Judas Priest, it's unlikely that I would take off work the following Monday so I could stay in Chicago another night for Mayhem. You never know, though. I've done crazier things than that in the name of metal.

It'd be weird if we finally ran into each other at a show in Chicago and not Pittsburgh.

DethMaiden
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Fuck that. Go to the Peabody's show on 11/11/11. You'll also get to see Woe - and perhaps yours truly (OK, maybe that isn't considered a bonus, but whatever :tongue:). Plus, it's on a Friday, so you can stop home and see your parents for the weekend like a good son should. ;)

Day before Priest in Chicago, which is more important to me than this. Plus, the Louisville date is the Friday of the last week of the semester before finals week, so yeah, will literally just spend all day chilling with the bros and leisurely driving down and back.

ShatteredFlame
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
They should just let Woe support and kick the other 3 out.

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Day before Priest in Chicago, which is more important to me than this. Plus, the Louisville date is the Friday of the last week of the semester before finals week, so yeah, will literally just spend all day chilling with the bros and leisurely driving down and back.You're obviously making the right choice. I just want to hit a show at Peabody's with you at some point before I die, and I'm being a sillyass and trying too hard. :D

moobys37
06-09-2011, 09:29 AM
How is there no Mr. Smalls date in Pittsburgh? I never thought I'd see the day when Mayhem skips out on playing a church.

I did. This is almost the exact same routing that their last tour had, sans playing Deathfest, with the exact same venues too. If the Enter the Vault owner doesn't have a relationship with a venue in your city, you're 9.9 times out of ten not going to get any show similar to this.

Northern_Shaman
06-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I did. This is almost the exact same routing that their last tour had, sans playing Deathfest, with the exact same venues too. If the Enter the Vault owner doesn't have a relationship with a venue in your city, you're 9.9 times out of ten not going to get any show similar to this.

Aaaand thank God that my city seems connected to ETV. I will be at the Vancouver show. Been meaning to see Keep of Kalessin for a long time now, and I have no doubt that Mayhem will put on a great show.

larvtard
06-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Bummer, no Montreal. Road trip possibly

I know :(
Normally I'd say count me in for the road trip (haha!) but this is on a Monday. I want to see Woe so badly :(

daimonos
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
It'd be weird if we finally ran into each other at a show in Chicago and not Pittsburgh.

:lol: It would be.

Do you know if you're coming to Slayer and/or Clutch in July yet?

RAZOR
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't know if I want to chance going to Cleveland in November... :snivel:

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Do you know if you're coming to Slayer and/or Clutch in July yet?The short answer is, no.

The long answer is, it's complicated. Check this out. Between 7/22 and 7/23, I have not one or two, but SIX different possibilities of things to do:

7/22 Friday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - DTE Amphitheater (Detroit, MI) <---I'm hoping to do this
Clutch / Corrosion of Conformity - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA) <---I have a "Plan B" for this

7/23 Saturday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA)
Torche / Big Business / Thrones / Helms Alee - Grog Shop (Cleveland, OH) <---Truth be told, this is what I REALLY want to do that night
Animals as Leaders / IntrOnaut / Dead Letter Circus / Last Chance to Reason / Evan Brewer - Diesel (Pittsburgh, PA)
Indians vs. White Sox...but it's in a SUITE and it's FREE!!!

Plus, my wife is working that night and it is the only option I can take my kids to and not have to ask her to take the night off (which probably wouldn't happen anyway).

SO WHAT'S A BROTHER TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING HORSE SHIT?!?

My current thinking is to try to catch Slayer in Detroit on Friday night and take the kids to the Tribe game on Saturday night. The only problem with the game is that I need for someone in the season ticket holders' group that I'm in to decide they can't go and cough up a ticket for my older son (the younger one is a year old and doesn't need a ticket). Until that happens, the Tribe game is in limbo. My second choice that night would be Torche / Helms Alee, but with the kids in tow, that probably ain't gonna happen, so it'll most likely be (a) Progressive Field, or (b) my couch at home, sulking.

The "Plan B" for Clutch is their 7/28 show in Cleveland, but they're opening for Flogging Molly, who I really don't care about, and the tickets are $38 to see Clutch - a band who I've seen before and who tours all the fucking time - play a shortened set. I just don't know. If it was Clutch as a headliner with COC, I'd have no problem coughing up the dough, but if I go to that show I probably miss Slayer for sure.

WWW.HELPMEIAMSOCONFLICTED.COM :snivel:

moobys37
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
I'll be at the Intronaut and Clutch shows in Pittsburgh, if that helps ;)

electrocute1031
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
November 6th-The Palladium Worcester Massachusetts

Mayhem/Keep Of Kalessin/Hate/Abagail Williams/Woe

illuminatus917
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
The short answer is, no.

The long answer is, it's complicated. Check this out. Between 7/22 and 7/23, I have not one or two, but SIX different possibilities of things to do:

7/22 Friday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - DTE Amphitheater (Detroit, MI) <---I'm hoping to do this
Clutch / Corrosion of Conformity - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA) <---I have a "Plan B" for this

7/23 Saturday
Slayer / Rob Zombie / Exodus - Stage AE (Pittsburgh, PA)
Torche / Big Business / Thrones / Helms Alee - Grog Shop (Cleveland, OH) <---Truth be told, this is what I REALLY want to do that night
Animals as Leaders / IntrOnaut / Dead Letter Circus / Last Chance to Reason / Evan Brewer - Diesel (Pittsburgh, PA)
Indians vs. White Sox...but it's in a SUITE and it's FREE!!!

Plus, my wife is working that night and it is the only option I can take my kids to and not have to ask her to take the night off (which probably wouldn't happen anyway).

SO WHAT'S A BROTHER TO DO WITH THIS FUCKING HORSE SHIT?!?

My current thinking is to try to catch Slayer in Detroit on Friday night and take the kids to the Tribe game on Saturday night. The only problem with the game is that I need for someone in the season ticket holders' group that I'm in to decide they can't go and cough up a ticket for my older son (the younger one is a year old and doesn't need a ticket). Until that happens, the Tribe game is in limbo. My second choice that night would be Torche / Helms Alee, but with the kids in tow, that probably ain't gonna happen, so it'll most likely be (a) Progressive Field, or (b) my couch at home, sulking.

The "Plan B" for Clutch is their 7/28 show in Cleveland, but they're opening for Flogging Molly, who I really don't care about, and the tickets are $38 to see Clutch - a band who I've seen before and who tours all the fucking time - play a shortened set. I just don't know. If it was Clutch as a headliner with COC, I'd have no problem coughing up the dough, but if I go to that show I probably miss Slayer for sure.

WWW.HELPMEIAMSOCONFLICTED.COM :snivel:

Wow. It actually might be nice to have "too many options" for a change. I'd like to experience that feeling at some point in my life.

I'd hit up that Slayer/Zombie/Exodus show, and take the kids to see Animals as Leaders/Intronaut/Dead Letter Circus/Last Chance to Reason/Evan Brewer. ;)

In fact, get the wife to take off work and force her to go with you and the kids to that Animals as Leaders/Intronaut/etc show. If you don't have the heart, consume a lot of alcohol and listen to a bunch of Slipknot and Pantera until you're just so angry and pumped up you don't give a fuck about the repercussions. It'll all work out in the end.

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 12:38 PM
:lol: Sometimes I wish the alcohol were an option.

On a semi-serious note, I'm gonna get my wife to a "metal-esque" show some day. It's a personal mission of mine. I've tried with acts like Russian Circles, Caspian and Explosions in the past, but schedule conflicts and other random details always seem to muck up the plans. She did see Pelican with me once, and she liked them. :rocker: APC is an angle I've been trying to work with her, but so far she isn't biting on that one. She likes them, but not enough to change her work schedule and get a babysitter. I'm also trying to get her to agree to Lollapalooza this year, which would make both Explosions and APC feasible, but so far no luck. She has expressed mild interest in TOOL and PRIMUS in the past, so that might be a possibility, as they're both putting new albums out soon. For now, I'll have to resolve myself to the fact that we'll always have U2 and Depeche Mode :D (oh, and Crystal Castles, STS9, Dave Matthews, Sting and some other random stuff).

Also, I'm definitely not complaining about the "too many options" thing. It's a nice problem to have, as they say. I just dread the fact that I won't be able to do four or five of the things on that list. Also, it looks like I'm missing IntrOnaut this time around. That's twice now. That sucks. They are so good live.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot. I dragged my wife to a Metallica show many moons ago, and she liked them, too. She thinks Hetfield is a stud. :eyes:

larvtard
06-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Take your kids to the baseball game. C'mon, that's such a daddy-and-me thing :bliss: What kind of dad would you be to deny your kids the chance to see an awesome baseball game from a suite (note: I hate baseball games) in favor of you going to a concert, especially when you're probably going to one the night before? Don't worry though, I'm not trying to criticize your father skills or anything, or even tell you how to raise your kids ;) Really, I'm not.

As for the night before... personally, I think Slayer sucks live :hecho:

Natrlhi
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Take your kids to the baseball game. C'mon, that's such a daddy-and-me thing :bliss: What kind of dad would you be to deny your kids the chance to see an awesome baseball game from a suite (note: I hate baseball games) in favor of you going to a concert, especially when you're probably going to one the night before? Don't worry though, I'm not trying to criticize your father skills or anything, or even tell you how to raise your kids ;) Really, I'm not.Point taken. That's why the current plan is to take them to the game (if I can get a ticket for the older one, that is).

As for the night before... personally, I think Slayer sucks live :hecho:Well, that's another good point, because I suspect that these days you might be right. They certainly didn't suck when I saw them back in the late 80's / early 90's, but something tells me I might be disappointed nowadays. That would push the Friday night option in favor of the headliner with Clutch (not to mention a chance to be blessed by the presence of Moobys :D). Hmmm...

I hate you.

bt11763
06-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Very meh lineup. Certainly nothing like the last one that was supposed to happen, Krallice, Tombs, something else. But, that being said, I'll be there. If it goes through :tp:

treghet
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Very meh lineup. Certainly nothing like the last one that was supposed to happen, Krallice, Tombs, something else. But, that being said, I'll be there. If it goes through :tp:

What about this one in 2009? Blows away the Krallice / Tombs tour. If I remember correctly, Marduk never made it in the country and after about a week the rest of the bands dropped off, but I forgot the reason. :(

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/thb_blackenedfest_admat_nodates.jpg

bt11763
06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
What about this one in 2009? Blows away the Krallice / Tombs tour. If I remember correctly, Marduk never made it in the country and after about a week the rest of the bands dropped off, but I forgot the reason. :(

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/thb_blackenedfest_admat_nodates.jpg

oh wow yeah i forgot about that one. I think the last one makes a little more sense, odd pairing cattle decap and mayhem together. still awesome though, cattle decap is amazing live

Wizzbang11
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Mayhem's manager was screwing the bands over, they werent getting paid or getting transportation or something so all the support decided to leave.

daimonos
06-09-2011, 04:20 PM
That would push the Friday night option in favor of the headliner with Clutch (not to mention a chance to be blessed by the presence of Moobys :D). Hmmm...

:hmm:

Forgetting someone?

:lol:

Natrlhi
06-10-2011, 05:35 AM
:hmm:

Forgetting someone?

:lol::lol: No. Of course not!

I was mentioning Moobys with playful sarcasm because he'd brought up the fact that he was going to be there as if that would sway the decision in favor of Pittsburgh. ;)

In truth, Pittsburgh is fast becoming my top choice for "Plan B" cities if tours don't stop here. I've been there several times in the last few years (both on business and because the Rivers Casino added poker tables ;)), and I've seen Kylesa at the 31st Street Pub, which was a good show. It's closer than Detroit, and considerably less...ghetto, shall we say?

You people have got to build a venue with a pool hall in it that sits above a bowling alley, though. That would probably make me forget about Detroit altogether. :D

RAZOR
06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
You people have got to build a venue with a pool hall in it that sits above a bowling alley, though. That would probably make me forget about Detroit altogether. :D

That would be the best venue ever! :party: I'd never leave, haha.

Natrlhi
06-10-2011, 07:31 AM
That would be the best venue ever! :party: I'd never leave, haha.I know, and I got to see Baroness there to boot. Talk about not wanting to leave! :bliss: (P.S. - they suck at bowling. :D)

By the way, the place is called The Magic Stick and it's one of the best (smaller) venues on the plant. I'd go back there again in a heartbeat.

RAZOR
06-10-2011, 07:59 AM
I know, and I got to see Baroness there to boot. Talk about not wanting to leave! :bliss: (P.S. - they suck at bowling. :D)

By the way, the place is called The Magic Stick and it's one of the best (smaller) venues on the plant. I'd go back there again in a heartbeat.

Wait...that's actually a real venue?!

Natrlhi
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Wait...that's actually a real venue?!Oh yah.

http://majesticdetroit.com/magic-stick/

EDIT: Looks like Earth is playing there tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing that show.

JLRedWing13
06-11-2011, 10:23 PM
The Magic Stick is probably my favorite club venue in Detroit. Blondies is close though.