PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga - Born This Way

DethMaiden
05-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I know some folks on here are into her. I've just reviewed her album for the Quietus today and it's getting some buzz, thought I'd share it for the few who care:

http://thequietus.com/articles/06280-lady-gaga-born-this-way-review

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Love all the new tracks except hair.
I have yet to d/l it, but apparently it just leaked..

ShatteredFlame
05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
It was alright. A little too long though, I think a few tracks could have been cut.

mankvill
05-18-2011, 05:05 PM
LOL

WHAT IS THIS

POPLADYQUEENSETLISTS>COM

OR

METALSETSLISTS.COM!?!@#

FUCKIN PANTERA!

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 05:15 PM
NO ITS NOT RAP SO ITS OK

christopher
05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I typed in Lady Gaga on SLSK to get this and nothing is coming up for her:confused: Yet when I type in something very underground a lot of shit comes up.

DementedX14
05-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Lady Gaga sucks! :fingers:

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Lady Gaga sucks! :fingers:

And you have a "hardcore" nazi extremist name, but are going to see Children of Bodom and Mayhemfest.

DementedX14
05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
And you have a "hardcore" nazi extremist name, but are going to see Children of Bodom and Mayhemfest.

That is just a coincidence. I didn't find out about that band before I registered on this site. As far as I heard they are not nazi band anymore I think. Lady gaga also sucks btw.

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
That is just a coincidence. I didn't find out about that band before I registered on this site. As far as I heard they are not nazi band anymore I think. Lady gaga also sucks btw.

Absurd are easily the most recognizable nazi-band, and they are totally white power people to this day. And 88 is the universal Neo-nazi/white supremacist number. 88=HH=Heil Hitler. It's also used as the second half of 14/88 which represent the fourteen words (something about protecting white children) and the 88 precepts of which I have no fucking clue what they are. Point is-
Absurd=Nazi
88=Nazi
Combined=Nazi

Indestructible
05-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I get made fun of on here for liking the bands I do but you guys like Lady Gaga:confused: Didn't a lot of you use to make fun of the mainstream bands I listen to?

christopher
05-18-2011, 06:22 PM
I get made fun of on here for liking the bands I do but you guys like Lady Gaga:confused: Didn't a lot of you use to make fun of the mainstream bands I listen to?

hey hey, we still need some to just dance to :tongue:

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Mainstream=/=bad.
You get shit for liking shit music, not because lot of other people like it.

DementedX14
05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Absurd are easily the most recognizable nazi-band, and they are totally white power people to this day. And 88 is the universal Neo-nazi/white supremacist number. 88=HH=Heil Hitler. It's also used as the second half of 14/88 which represent the fourteen words (something about protecting white children) and the 88 precepts of which I have no fucking clue what they are. Point is-
Absurd=Nazi
88=Nazi
Combined=Nazi

Ok fine. I can't change the name. I just like the word absurd and I really don't like the band. I chose 88 because I like the number and I was born in that year so that is why I choose it. I am not nazi and I am half mexican. I apologize if the name bothers you but I refused to change it because I still like the name.

Indestructible
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Mainstream=/=bad.
You get shit for liking shit music, not because lot of other people like it.

My music gets called shit but then I find out a few of you on here like Lady Gaga.

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 06:30 PM
My music gets called shit but then I find out a few of you on here like Lady Gaga.

Yeah, because Lady Gaga is quite catchy and doesn't suck.

Maiden33
05-18-2011, 06:35 PM
To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I'm not trying to deny anyone the right to listen to, like, and post about whatever the hell they want. That shipped sailed about 4 years ago on this board. But I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans. If I was going to cross over into pure pop music, she would definitely not be one of my first choices. Color me confused I guess.

DementedX14
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans.

Thank you. :bowdown:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, her music is catchy but it is still VERY annoying. I like the song "just dance", but than her music just got progressively worse and her image even more so. She is just a step up from Ke$ha which is not saying much. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Ke$ha represent everything that is wrong with popular music today.

/:soapbox:

Indestructible
05-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Hasn't Lady Gaga been around for about two or three years now? Isn't time for her to be forgotten about while pop fans move on to something new only to forget about it in six months.

treghet
05-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Thank you. :bowdown:

You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, her music is catchy but it is still VERY annoying. I like the song "just dance", but than her music just got progressively worse and her image even more so. She is just a step up from Ke$ha which is not saying much. Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Ke$ha represent everything that is wrong with popular music today.

/:soapbox:

Add Katy Perry to that list.

ShatteredFlame
05-18-2011, 06:51 PM
why do people have to "get" the music they listen? Just enjoy the fucking thing, or don't.

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Hasn't Lady Gaga been around for about two or three years now? Isn't time for her to be forgotten about while pop fans move on to something new only to forget about it in six months.

Wouldn't that indicate that she is superior to most pop music...?

And I don't claim to be a pop music aficionado. I don't know shit about it. Fan wise, lifestyle wise and image wise I find the genre pretty awful, but I can't deny the music's simple catchyness. I don't really give a shit what it is, if it sounds good then I will enjoy it. I'm sure there are plenty of other pop artists I would love, but the genre of music doesn't have enough depth to it to make me care enough to find the good. The only special thing about Lady Gaga (my guess) is that she is insanely popular, so most people even within anti-pop scenes would be exposed to her music.

Maiden33
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Wouldn't that indicate that she is superior to most pop music...?

And I don't claim to be a pop music aficionado. I don't know shit about it. Fan wise, lifestyle wise and image wise I find the genre pretty awful, but I can't deny the music's simple catchyness. I don't really give a shit what it is, if it sounds good then I will enjoy it. I'm sure there are plenty of other pop artists I would love, but the genre of music doesn't have enough depth to it to make me care enough to find the good. The only special thing about Lady Gaga (my guess) is that she is insanely popular, so most people even within anti-pop scenes would be exposed to her music.

By this logic, I should be recommending you tons of AOR/Melodic Rock bands with catchy songs. :tongue:

JRA
05-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Does it annoy anyone else besides me that this is actually considered her second studio album?

Wizzbang11
05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
By this logic, I should be recommending you tons of AOR/Melodic Rock bands with catchy songs. :tongue:

Go ahead!
There are very few things I won't listen to on principal. Dubstep is one of them.

Speaking of which, Jeff, what do you think of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I9vzDy3pTY&feature=related)?

powerslave_85
05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
To put it quite simply, I just don't get it. I'm not trying to deny anyone the right to listen to, like, and post about whatever the hell they want. That shipped sailed about 4 years ago on this board. But I just don't get it. I fail to see what makes Lady Gaga so special - or frankly, anything less than downright annoying, which is how I view her music. It's pretty much a juggernaut of every element I dislike about most pop music rolled into one. I just don't really understand what makes her so different that she's become accepted (seemingly now non-ironically) by so many metal fans. If I was going to cross over into pure pop music, she would definitely not be one of my first choices. Color me confused I guess.Yeah, I see what you're saying. Her music's isn't that interesting beyond being really catchy (and when you consider the whole point of pop music is to be catchy, that's not really special either). She's a very talented singer, and I like a couple of her songs, but I wouldn't buy a whole album. And yeah, I'm pretty confused as to why she's so popular with this crowd.

larvtard
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
So this new guy at my job is a total hipster. The glasses he wears gave it away. So today I see him listening to his mp3 player on break (read: not iPod) and I ask him what he's listening to. "Lady Gaga's new album," he said. "I just downloaded it last night."

:hmm:

SomewhereInTime72
05-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Her music's isn't that interesting beyond being really catchy (and when you consider the whole point of pop music is to be catchy, that's not really special either). She's a very talented singer, and I like a couple of her songs, but I wouldn't buy a whole album. And yeah, I'm pretty confused as to why she's so popular with this crowd.

My thoughts exactly.

DethMaiden
05-19-2011, 07:14 AM
More like Strict Faux Individualist Code Set Lists.

Sanitarium78
05-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Hey Lady Gaga fans, guess what Weird Al Yankovic's newest parody is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUxXKfQkswE

ShatteredFlame
05-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey Lady Gaga fans, guess what Weird Al Yankovic's newest parody is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUxXKfQkswE

old news. The stupid thing is that Gaga's manager didn't allow this song to be on the record.

Indestructible
05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
old news. The stupid thing is that Gaga's manager didn't allow this song to be on the record.

Shouldn't the parody being on Weird Als new album be up to Lady Gaga? Seeing as it's her song.

Sanitarium78
05-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Shouldn't the parody being on Weird Als new album be up to Lady Gaga? Seeing as it's her song.

He always tries to get permission from the artists themselves but there could always be other legal shit that goes into it.

Anyways the video has an update on it now and it says Lady Gaga did approve it. So it will be on Al's new album.

ShatteredFlame
05-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Anyways the video has an update on it now and it says Lady Gaga did approve it. So it will be on Al's new album.

good to know! Seeing him on Saturday! :)