PDA

View Full Version : Primus 2011 tour setlist

Razor_Shark
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Primus is one of my favorite bands and I will be seeing them live for the first time on May 24th. I was wondering if anyone had a setlist, or if anyone was going to the show so we could possibly meet up.

smearCampaign
05-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Primus is one of my favorite bands and I will be seeing them live for the first time on May 24th. I was wondering if anyone had a setlist, or if anyone was going to the show so we could possibly meet up.

I'm going to the show on the 24th at Stubbs and so is Natrlhi. See you there! :blaze:

Razor_Shark
05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm going to the show on the 24th at Stubbs and so is Natrlhi. See you there! :blaze:

Ya man, I posted a pic in the post a pic thread so you can see what I look like, or even add me on facebook so we can find out where to meet up.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000798510831

Travis The Dragon
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Here (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2011/the-catalyst-santa-cruz-ca-5bd25340.html) is the set from March 18. Hope that helps. :)

Razor_Shark
05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Here (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2011/the-catalyst-santa-cruz-ca-5bd25340.html) is the set from March 18. Hope that helps. :)

That does, any chances of a setlist for the opening act, Dirtfoot?

Travis The Dragon
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
That does, any chances of a setlist for the opening act, Dirtfoot?

Hmmmmm, can't seem to find one.

Razor_Shark
05-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Hmmmmm, can't seem to find one.

That is fine, thanks for helping.:cool:

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Yeah, like smearCampaign said, I'll be at the show as well. I'll be wearing a mustard yellow "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" shirt and some blue shorts, and I wear gray & black New Balance shoes with orange trim. There's a photo of me the "Post Pictures of Yourself" thread that I re-posted a few weeks ago.

Judging by the setlist from March 18, they're playing a lot of the same stuff as when I saw them last summer in Cleveland, but it's awesome stuff, so I'm psyched. Plus, the couple of new ones sound pretty good based on clips I've seen on YouBoob...especially "The Last Salmon Man" (which is apparently the Fisherman's Chronicles, Part 4 :bowdown:).

So stoked to see these cats again. :blaze:

Razor_Shark
05-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah, like smearCampaign said, I'll be at the show as well. I'll be wearing a mustard yellow "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" shirt and some blue shorts, and I wear gray & black New Balance shoes with orange trim. There's a photo of me the "Post Pictures of Yourself" thread that I re-posted a few weeks ago.

Judging by the setlist from March 18, they're playing a lot of the same stuff as when I saw them last summer in Cleveland, but it's awesome stuff, so I'm psyched. Plus, the couple of new ones sound pretty good based on clips I've seen on YouBoob...especially "The Last Salmon Man" (which is apparently the Fisherman's Chronicles, Part 4 :bowdown:).

So stoked to see these cats again. :blaze:

I was wondering if that was new, I looked through all my albums and couldn't find if, I'll look for you at the show though.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
I was wondering if that was new, I looked through all my albums and couldn't find if, I'll look for you at the show though.Yeah, the other new one they played is "The Eyes of the Squirrel".

Razor_Shark
05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, the other new one they played is "The Eyes of the Squirrel".

Kickass, I haven't heard about a new album, is there any news on that?

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Kickass, I haven't heard about a new album, is there any news on that?Not really, other than they are currently writing new material and expect to have an album out this year. That part has been known around these parts, though, since early 2011 - perhaps because of yours truly, or maybe somebody else wrote about it first, but yeah, we've been talking about it on and off for several months around here.

Welcome to the forum. You should have gotten here sooner, punk! ;)

Razor_Shark
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Not really, other than they are currently writing new material and expect to have an album out this year. That part has been known around these parts, though, since early 2011 - perhaps because of yours truly, or maybe somebody else wrote about it first, but yeah, we've been talking about it on and off for several months around here.

Welcome to the forum. You should have gotten here sooner, punk! ;)

Punk? Did you ever go the Ozzfest boards back in the day by any chance?

P.S. If you did, did you happen to go by the name A_C?

Natrlhi
05-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Nope. That weren't me.

Razor_Shark
05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Alright, I should realize that plenty of people say punk and that isn't limited to people who used to use the ozzfest boards.

smearCampaign
05-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Set list from the first show of the tour (last night):
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/primus/2011/old-national-centre-indianapolis-in-33d3d8bd.html

:D

larvtard
05-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Alright, I should realize that plenty of people say punk and that isn't limited to people who used to use the ozzfest boards.

:lol::lol: Exactly what I was thinking...

Razor_Shark
05-22-2011, 10:50 PM
So are we still meeting up? If we need to exchange numbers or anything just message me and we can make this happen.

Natrlhi
05-23-2011, 11:13 PM
So are we still meeting up? If we need to exchange numbers or anything just message me and we can make this happen.Send me a PM with your number if you want. I'll call you if I'm not able to find you before the show. I can't remember if anyone responded to my question about the size of the venue, but I wonder how hard it would be to locate someone there. Are there any recognizable landmarks?

The other thing is, I'm not sure when I'll be going. I have business beforehand that I'm trying to juggle around. The ticket says doors are at 6:30. Any idea when would be the latest recommended time to show up? I'm not really all that interested in Dirtfoot (or should I be?).

smearCampaign
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Stubbs isn't too big really, so I think we can find each other. They tend to start things pretty early, though so I would try to be there by 8 if you can to be on the safe side; but Primus could come out at 9:30 for all I know. The sound board and lighting stuff is under a tent kind of in the middle. We could meet somewhere to the right side of it if you are facing the stage. I made this little diagram:

http://f.cl.ly/items/350z052s3r211U0o2E0A/stubbs.jpg

(for some reason it won't let me put the image in this post, so that's just a link to it)

PS: Will call is out on the sidewalk to the left of the entrance, if you guys need to pick up tickets. And on my map the bottom street is 8th, the top is 9th and the one on the left is Red River.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 01:46 AM
For all things Claypool:

http://www.toasterland.com/setlists/