PDA

View Full Version : The Black Dahlia Murder -- Moscow, Russia -- May 15th, 2011

brutal_descent
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
I arrived to the venue five minutes before the doors opened (19:00), and there was literally nobody there. :eyes: I got in line, blah blah blah within half an hour there was a line spanning the entire garage :D Pretty fucking surprising considering how loved BDM is around here.

Got a rail spot, and out came the opening act around 8:15. Some Russian melo-deathcore band called Imago Ray (probably one of the worst band names ever), but they sounded good - like a death-ed up All That Remains. Took some photos, stole a water bottle, took setlist ;)

By the time BDM came out (8:45), shit was dope, brother. People were screaming in growls "TREVOR, TREVOR, TREVOR" and "RAPE YOU WITH A KNIFE" so much that I wondered whether BDM could sing over them :lol: When they finally did come out, ohmyfuckinggod hell broke loose. People began throwing themselves onto the stage (one of which almost broke my arm - I have a long ass scar on the top of my right arm now from some guy stepping on my arm when it was resting on the stage). I immediately established some kind of rappor with Trevor (who I know personally), calling out "Oh fuck yes, now here's a perfect night to have a curse!" resulting in him high-fiving me. Later on, he began Moonlight Equilibrium with a short speech - "All my friends here, you know we have a new album coming out - Ritual. And we want to, for the first time EVER, play a song from it live. DO YOU WANT THIS?!", with everybody being like ohpleaseyes. I yelled, "This better be Moonlight, dude!" and he was like "Yeah! This motherfucker got it right!" :D Another high five on the notch.

Around the middle of the set I decided I wanted to let him know I was crashing their party at both Graspop and Summer Slaughter (most of all the latter) and started writing on my iPod, and when I held it out for him he told me he couldn't read it 'cause of his glasses (they were backstage).

Later on I got my ass kicked by a stage diver and was pushed back to the pit, losing my spot. I spent the last three songs in the back of the club, watching from afar. Fuck it, sweet ass show anyway.

After getting my shirt from the wardrobe, I noticed a merch guy who looked like he'd be on the official tour team. I asked him in Russian for a pen/pencil, and he was like "No Russian, man!" so I just told him that English was even more convienent. We had a short conversation about the Russian metal scene and how I was from the States, and then we sort of realized that I had met him before at a Corpsegrinder show back in June :) I finally remembered what I wanted in the first place and wrote a short letter to Trevor, and handed it to him, whereas he said he'd make sure Trevor'd get it. :party:

FUCKING AWESOME SHOW. STOKED FOR GRASPOP and SLAUGHTER.

http://clip2net.com/clip/m0/1305537944-clip-51kb.jpg

Also, there was some 8 year old kid running around on stage at one point :rocker:

smearCampaign
05-16-2011, 02:04 PM
That's an awesome Black Dahlia set. Sounds like the kind of insanity they get out of the Detroit crowds! :rocker:

CapnAwesome
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Awesome that Nocturnal is back in there

Whus "Halloween" though?

jd091
05-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Fucking awesome! I absolutely cannot wait to see Summer Slaughter now. I especially cannot wait to see the new songs live. :drool:

GarageMetal468
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
That is quite possibly the best BDM set list I have ever seen. Closing with Funeral Thirst AND I Will Return?! God damn!

MPF
05-16-2011, 04:44 PM
I hope they end every show with I Will Return.

jd091
05-16-2011, 11:49 PM
That is quite possibly the best BDM set list I have ever seen. Closing with Funeral Thirst AND I Will Return?! God damn!

This! Their sets keep getting better and better.

brutal_descent
05-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Glad to see the love ;)

bt11763
05-17-2011, 05:21 AM
any set with elder misanthropy is great in my book

mastodon421
05-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice. It's pretty sick they threw Nocturnal and I'm Charming. As far as I know, they haven't played those for a while. I am so fucking stoked to see them again at Summer Slaughter.