PDA

View Full Version : Dillinger headline show added tomorrow night at Sonar

jhdeity
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
They're going to open for Deftones then play again at 11pm. My respect level for these guys is through the roof! If I didn't have free tix to Danzig/Devildriver I'd go again tomorrow night and do DEP double duty!

larvtard
05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
From what I've been reading in all these recent Dillinger show reviews, you should probably just skip Danzig and go to the 11pm show. Man I wish they were doing one of these in Atlanta.

Derelict
05-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Could have sworn greg's twitter said they were playing sonar at midnight, in the room that fits 120.

bt11763
05-16-2011, 01:17 PM
yeah i think doors are at 11, show's definitely at 12

jhdeity
05-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Yeah I wish I hadn't committed to Danzig but free ticket, backstage and free beer is hard to pass up. The Danzig show is 10 min from Sonar so if it ends before 12 I'm going to try to talk my buddy into going if it doesn't sell out which it probably will.

Devildriver/Danzig/DEP sounds like a helluva night!

jd091
05-16-2011, 09:48 PM
From what I've been reading in all these recent Dillinger show reviews, you should probably just skip Danzig and go to the 11pm show. Man I wish they were doing one of these in Atlanta.

THIS!

Dillinger did the same thing in Chicago, a smaller club show later on after their slot with Deftones. It was probably the greatest concert I've ever seen, and will see, for many years to come. Believe me, it is worth it. I don't care what free ticket you have for any other show.

larvtard
05-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Yeah I wish I hadn't committed to Danzig but free ticket, backstage and free beer is hard to pass up. The Danzig show is 10 min from Sonar so if it ends before 12 I'm going to try to talk my buddy into going if it doesn't sell out which it probably will.

At least buy a ticket to the 12pm Dillinger show just in case it does sell out. It really seems too good to pass up, man.

bt11763
05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
i went to the show last night for free :D

jhdeity
05-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah I met Greg after the show and he couldn't have possible been cooler. I've never met a more humble, appreciative musician in my life I don't think. He shook every hand and he talked to everyone who came up to him outside. I had no idea he was from Baltimore and we talked for a few minutes about the Headlining show and how he is going to tear shit up for his hometown crowd.

I'm seriously thinking about blowing off Danzig and just seeing the Deftones show again. Best show of the year so far and the only person going more ballistic during CMND/CTRL than me was Chino. The slow/fast version of Passenger with Greg was pure fucking genius!