PDA

View Full Version : A question for the power metal nerds

ravenheart
05-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Who the fuck does this sound like... it's driving me nuts:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XI8EZS/

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm not a power metal nerd but it sounds a lot like Dio.

ravenheart
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I can totally see where you're coming from there. The style is totally Dio. Definitely.

But I'm looking for something else. That voice is IDENTICAL to someone else, I just can't work out who...

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I can totally see where you're coming from there. The style is totally Dio. Definitely.

But I'm looking for something else. That voice is IDENTICAL to someone else, I just can't work out who...

Well a lot of power metal vocalist sound identical so I wouldn't sweat it.

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I just looked these guys up on Metal Archives and they have the same vocalist as Jag Panzer, maybe thats what you were thinking of.

ravenheart
05-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I just looked these guys up on Metal Archives and they have the same vocalist as Jag Panzer, maybe thats what you were thinking of.

Nah. The reason I'm looking for someone else is because he doesn't sing like this on the rest of the album. On the other songs he sounds like he does with Jag Panzer, but for some reason he sings this song completely differently. Even the guitars are different to the other songs.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Sounded like someone from the Hear N Aid song "Stars"....maybe Dubrow.

ravenheart
05-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Sounded like someone from the Hear N Aid song "Stars"....maybe Dubrow.

When could he ever hit actual notes? ;)

Jasonic
05-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Sounds just like Harry Conklin to me...
Not really sure where else you can go with this.....

I get the DIO reference too, though that's always been the case with Harry.

ravenheart
05-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Well, it doesn't sound the way Harry sounds on the rest of the album, and doesn't sound the way Harry sounds on the new Jag Panzer album, which is why I'm looking for something else.

The Dio reference is to the song itself, which is markedly different to the rest of the album.

I don't listen to Jag Panzer (terribly boring band), so whoever I'm thinking of is definitely someone other than Harry.

Jasonic
05-17-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't listen to Jag Panzer (terribly boring band), so whoever I'm thinking of is definitely someone other than Harry.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouville:

Northern_Shaman
05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Who the fuck does this sound like... it's driving me nuts:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XI8EZS/

Gah. I came in here to help and I leave just as agitated as you are. I know this one but I just can't seem to pinpoint it. At first I was thinking it sounded like a cross between Tom from While Heaven Wept and someone else, but not so much after a direct A/B comparison.

Akumu
05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Gah. I came in here to help and I leave just as agitated as you are.

Same! He sounds very Jorn-ish at the beginning of that sample, but that comparison's much too obvious and it disappears soon after... then I thought of Nils Patrik Johansson, but that doesn't quite fit, either. Hmmm.

JuuKun
05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Mats Leven! That's what I got out of it, anyways.