PDA

View Full Version : OFWGKTA -- New York, NY -- May 13th, 2011

bt11763
05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I really don't care if it pisses you off that it's posted, don't click on the thread then.

Fucking crazy show. The sound was kind of meh, but the performances were crazy. Everyone in the group stagediving, Tyler moshing, shit getting thrown, girls up on stage with Frank Ocean. Drew on two chicks tits, got drunk and high, and saw what could have been OF's last performance in a long time in a venue like that. At least in my area. The place was fucking packed to the gills, a lot of fucking lame ass kids who were just there because they're the new thing, which was more than expected, but it was fucking lame because they were bringing down the energy by being in the front. There were kids who I was asking them to throw me up that literally turned around and said "No." Like, are you fucking KIDDING ME? I made up for it by the time I was finally able to get up on stage to do a dive, I went to launch off the monitor but i flipped over, so I went knee first into a bunch of peoples head by accident. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHm5NBZQzk at 1:45, in the Penguins jersey) Whoops. One of the best parts was at the end, they played "EARL" over the loudspeakers, and everyone got up on stage.

Syd opened with a DJ set, played Waka Flocka, Soulja Boy, and even FUCKING DROP BY EARL SWEATSHIRT which was fucking amazing. Then you could hear Tyler talking over the PA, and they ran out and opened the set.

The set is going to be partial and somewhat out of order for now, I'll try to fix it as time goes on. In all they played for about 2 hours, including Syd's set.

Sandwitches
Tron Cat
igotagun
Splatter
Transylvania
Seven
Rolling Papers
GoMikeG
Forest Green
Loco
Yonkers
French
She
Novocaine
Love Crimes
Bitch Suck Dick
Fuck the Police
Radicals
EARL

IrritatedTrout
05-14-2011, 11:35 AM
:barf:

Not because it's rap, because it sucks.:bliss:

treghet
05-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I really don't care if it pisses you off that it's posted, don't click on the thread then.

I hope you know that's kind of asking for people to get pissed at you.

bt11763
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Well I hope they do then :lovedup:

seriously, people on this board need to chill the fuck out sometimes. I guess I can't really talk but OH WELL

CapnAwesome
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm going to the Baltimore show on Thursday, thank you for posting this

I wish Earl was there though :( words can't describe how much I would love to see Drop, Kill, epaR, and ORANGE JUICE live

bt11763
05-14-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm going to the Baltimore show on Thursday, thank you for posting this

I wish Earl was there though :( words can't describe how much I would love to see Drop, Kill, epaR, and ORANGE JUICE live

Same here man. It was cool that they played his stuff though, I knew they were doing earl but when drop came on i almost lost my shit

El Gordo
05-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I have no problem with this being posted, but it should be in the general forum. METALsetlists.com

mankvill
05-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds amazing!

Was the other Frank Ocean song Window?

You know that when Earl is freed, he's gonna come back and they'll end shows with AssaMilk, and it'll be fucking swag as hell.

GOLFWANG

bt11763
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I have no problem with this being posted, but it should be in the general forum. METALsetlists.com

this is a setlist and a show review, who cares.

Sounds amazing!

Was the other Frank Ocean song Window?

You know that when Earl is freed, he's gonna come back and they'll end shows with AssaMilk, and it'll be fucking swag as hell.

GOLFWANG

nah actually it was one of his own songs, if i remember correctly. but i'm pretty sure it wasn't window. and dude, i can not wait for that show. my friends and i were talking about how imagine if he came back and the boarding school actually worked and he didn't rap anymore, haha. i would fucking cry.

ShatteredFlame
05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Show was intense as hell! A highlight was the line waiting for it, the non ticket holders were so fucking pissed they couldn't get in and started riots with the guards. They looked at the ticket holders with such hate. I felt threatened by having a ticket. Then this one hipster girl next to me got busted by a female cop for something, I think they saw weed in her bad but I'm not sure. Some douches were throwing eggs from the building next door. Then there was this one black girl who was throwing a tantrum after being denied and claimed Tyler was her soul mate. I mean damn, they'll be back in like 2 months.

JLRedWing13
05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
:barf:

Not because it's rap, because it sucks.:bliss:
:agree:

hellawaits77ny
05-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Well I hope they do then :lovedup:

seriously, people on this board need to chill the fuck out sometimes. I guess I can't really talk but OH WELL

Agreed.

Dude, don't sweat the people that give you shit.

larvtard
05-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Show was intense as hell! A highlight was the line waiting for it, the non ticket holders were so fucking pissed they couldn't get in and started riots with the guards. They looked at the ticket holders with such hate. I felt threatened by having a ticket. Then this one hipster girl next to me got busted by a female cop for something, I think they saw weed in her bad but I'm not sure. Some douches were throwing eggs from the building next door. Then there was this one black girl who was throwing a tantrum after being denied and claimed Tyler was her soul mate. I mean damn, they'll be back in like 2 months.

That sorta sounds like what happened at this local dubstep show a few months ago. They put it on every month, and the venue was too small for the audience, and these kids in the line (even ticket-holders weren't being let in at this point) started throwing empty shit at cops. This is why I hate teenagers... :finger2:

slapguitarer
05-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Does somebody want to explain to me why this was moved to General Chat?

IrritatedTrout
05-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Because other non-rock setlists are treated the exact same way?

bt11763
05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Limp bizkit is in the recent set lists. Fuck you idiots

BloodoftheKings
05-14-2011, 08:10 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Limp bizkit is in the recent set lists. Fuck you idiots

This. And why the fuck would people attempt to go without a ticket? This show sold out the first week it was on sale.

IrritatedTrout
05-14-2011, 08:14 PM

U mad?:D

I assume LB is there for two reasons 1) It's newer so maybe the mods haven't gotten to it 2) It's more rock than this (don't get me wrong though, LB is still pure shit)

bt11763
05-14-2011, 08:14 PM
This. And why the fuck would people attempt to go without a ticket? This show sold out the first week it was on sale.

Its funny actually, these two chicks I met online bought tickets from a scalper, they were so fake but the venue sold them tickets for 20 after they got denied. They were awesome, they let me draw all over them, haha.
And this show sold out in like 30 minutes actually

BloodoftheKings
05-14-2011, 08:20 PM
It's more rock than this

False.

treghet
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM

Why does it matter so much? It's not like the topic was deleted.

slapguitarer
05-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Because other non-rock setlists are treated the exact same way?

Oh alright. I wasn't aware. Carry on.

BloodoftheKings
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
It shouldn't be a big deal if a non-metal set lists winds up in the set lists section. It only happens once every couple months. Rush isn't technically metal but people have no problem with their sets in the set lists section.

treghet
05-14-2011, 08:36 PM
It shouldn't be a big deal if a non-metal set lists winds up in the set lists section. It only happens once every couple months. Rush isn't technically metal but people have no problem with their sets in the set lists section.

This argument is brought up every single time a topic is moved and it's getting really tedious.

JLRedWing13
05-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Why does it matter so much? It's not like the topic was deleted.
:agree: Seriously, it's not any harder to find.

DethMaiden
05-15-2011, 02:27 AM
:agree: Seriously, it's not any harder to find.

Actually, set lists in General Chat can't have setlist tags, which is how I find setlists, so people's stupid-ass metal purism DOES make it harder to find setlists when you want to look for them and they aren't on the first page.

makethemsuffer12
05-15-2011, 05:39 AM
One word to describe Odd Future fans on this site:
http://i.eprci.net/butthurt

El Gordo
05-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually, set lists in General Chat can't have setlist tags, which is how I find setlists, so people's stupid-ass metal purism DOES make it harder to find setlists when you want to look for them and they aren't on the first page.

Why would anyone go searching for non-metal setlists on a website named metalsetlists.com?

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 10:19 AM
One word to describe Odd Future fans on this site:
http://i.eprci.net/butthurt

It's actually the other way around. There is bitching on both sides but more from odd future haters.

Wizzbang11
05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I have no idea what the hell any of this is.
Like Jeff was saying, the first I ever heard of this band was when this setlist was posted. Now it's referenced everywhere on this site. I'm so lost.
I have a feeling this is probably the next non-metal "proof of open mindedness" group for it to be cool to like on here, so that's gonna be annoying as fuck.

ChildrenofSodom
05-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I have no idea what the hell any of this is.
Life Jeff was saying, the first I ever heard of this band was when this setlist was posted. Now it's referenced everywhere on this site. I'm so lost.
I have a feeling this is probably the next non-metal "proof of open mindedness" group for it to be cool to like on here, so that's gonna be annoying as fuck.

This, and its really bad musically. None of the songs I've heard are good. I like rap, alternative and mainstream, and this stuff is just not appealing. Tired of hearing about it already.

From a review: "Parents and defenders of good taste should be just as horrified because “God damn I love bitches/Especially when they just suck dick and do dishes” (“Transylvania”) is the way Tyler, the Creator rolls." That line isn't anything to talk about. If you've listened to any rap before, you've heard dozens of lines more disgusting, irreverent, and "shocking."

ShatteredFlame
05-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm just as sick of their hype as the haters tbh. Maybe it's because I listen to rap and wasn't really expecting a masterpiece to come out of them as many had but both the haters and the fans are just discouraging at this point. Sims, Raekwon, Vinnie Paz & Ill Bill, Atmosphere, CunninLynguists, Brotha Lynch Hung, Pharoah Monch, and Big KRIT all made some great hip-hop albums this year. I think that Tyler, The Creator has also.

For the lyrical content, I'm sick of people bitching about it. People bitched at Eminem in the 90s for using the word "faggot", it makes me wonder where everyone was when Geto Boys were around. Brotha Lynch Hung is also doing the EXACT same thing as Odd Future in 2010-2011 but nobody seems to say anything. Of course that doesn't make any of the stuff they say ok, its just annoying hearing rants about Odd Future being innovative and edgy. Tyler doesn't even think so, he wants to become popular and he just relates his music to violent movies, he means no harm with any of it.

People are arguing that big name artist like Kanye West are supporting Tyler and that it's wrong. I just want to enjoy the music I like, and I bet they do too. Jeez. But I am really interested to see how far they will go, but fuck am I not looking forward to the countless debates about their content and how corrupted music listeners are and blah blah blah. Let me listen to the music I like.

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm just as sick of their hype as the haters tbh. Maybe it's because I listen to rap and wasn't really expecting a masterpiece to come out of them as many had but both the haters and the fans are just discouraging at this point. Sims, Raekwon, Vinnie Paz & Ill Bill, Atmosphere, CunninLynguists, Brotha Lynch Hung, Pharoah Monch, and Big KRIT all made some great hip-hop albums this year. I think that Tyler, The Creator has also.

For the lyrical content, I'm sick of people bitching about it. People bitched at Eminem in the 90s for using the word "faggot", it makes me wonder where everyone was when Geto Boys were around. Brotha Lynch Hung is also doing the EXACT same thing as Odd Future in 2010-2011 but nobody seems to say anything. Of course that doesn't make any of the stuff they say ok, its just annoying hearing rants about Odd Future being innovative and edgy. Tyler doesn't even think so, he wants to become popular and he just relates his music to violent movies, he means no harm with any of it.

People are arguing that big name artist like Kanye West are supporting Tyler and that it's wrong. I just want to enjoy the music I like, and I bet they do too. Jeez. But I am really interested to see how far they will go, but fuck am I not looking forward to the countless debates about their content and how corrupted music listeners are and blah blah blah. Let me listen to the music I like.

All of this.

brutal_descent
05-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh man, OFWGKTA are probably never ever going to come to Russia :mad:

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh man, OFWGKTA are probably never ever going to come to Russia :mad:

Can't you see them when they come to one of your other 20 homes?

brutal_descent
05-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Can't you see them when they come to one of your other 20 homes?

I don't have 20 homes. :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
05-15-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't have 20 homes. :eyes:

2, 20, same thing.

brutal_descent
05-15-2011, 12:58 PM
2, 20, same thing.

:finger:

SomewhereInTime72
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Yeah, I'm kind of sick of the hype. Honestly, when it was first recommended to me by a friend, I had no idea it was going to become such a big deal (or that it already was) and now everyone is talking about it like it's a lot more important than it really is. Also agree about the bitching in lyrical content. If you've listened to like nearly any rap before there really isn't that much shocking material whatsoever. It's far from unusual, really. It's like bitching "omg wtf theyre screaming and not singing WTF" when a new death metal band comes out. :lol:

mankvill
05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
I'M STABBING ANY BLOGGIN FAGGOT HIPSTER WITH A PITCHFORK

kommie
05-15-2011, 06:04 PM
isn't the Lady Gaga thread still in the Setlists and Gig Reports forum?

brutal_descent
05-15-2011, 08:25 PM

Finally noticed that line :lol:

bt11763
05-15-2011, 09:39 PM
isn't the Lady Gaga thread still in the Setlists and Gig Reports forum?

nope. you can thank me for that, too.

this. le sigh. also all of what shattered said. whatever. do coke.

bt11763
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
also, the limp bizkit thread is still up. osgjsndkjalkjasf-wjeoinfwf

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Maybe I just hate "art talk", but I seriously doubt this guy is as deep as people are making him out to be. "He's confronting the norms of society and forcing all of us to step back and reexamine blah blah blah." Bullshit, he's a kid that is using disgusting language over lazy music and the freakin' art/hipsters are flippin' shit. Reminds of English class, talking about the "deeper" meaning of everything. I take this stuff at face value, and at that level, I think it sucks.

mankvill
05-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Maybe I just hate "art talk", but I seriously doubt this guy is as deep as people are making him out to be. "He's confronting the norms of society and forcing all of us to step back and reexamine blah blah blah." Bullshit, he's a kid that is using disgusting language over lazy music and the freakin' art/hipsters are flippin' shit. Reminds of English class, talking about the "deeper" meaning of everything. I take this stuff at face value, and at that level, I think it sucks.

he's not, and anyone looking into deeper meaning of his lyrics is getting fucking laughed at by Tyler and all of Odd Future.

edit: "disgusting language" hahahahaha

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2011, 09:37 AM
he's not, and anyone looking into deeper meaning of his lyrics is getting fucking laughed at by Tyler and all of Odd Future.

edit: "disgusting language" hahahahaha

I don't find it personally disgusting, but that is how people are viewing it. I like Ill Bill and Immortal Technique, and they use naughty words from time to time. Shit, the latter has a song about unknowingly gang-raping his own mother. And somehow this new kid is "fresh"?

(My tongue is pressed firmly against my cheek, if you can't tell.)

makethemsuffer12
05-16-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't take Tyler seriously whenever he uses the pitch-shifter on his voice.

idrinkwine732
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM

"Listen deeper than the music before you put it in a box"

Evidently not. He's telling you to do just that.

I think all of OFWGKTA are average at best with the exception of Earl. I am not compelled to listen to them at all.

EDIT:

Below average at best.

BloodoftheKings
05-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Thought i'd post this in an Odd Future related thread. http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/05/earl-sweatshirt-no-more-%E2%80%98free-earl%E2%80%99/

Wizzbang11
05-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Gotta agree with Cameron on this one, and I listened to this and it's goddamn terrible.
I'm disappointed in people.

ShatteredFlame
05-16-2011, 02:00 PM
"Listen deeper than the music before you put it in a box"

Evidently not. He's telling you to do just that.

Hes talking about him being sick of critics just labeling his music as horrorcore, yet they ignore songs that he believes are about something a little more than violence like Her and Parade. c'mon hes straight up telling you this in the lyrics. And then there are the talks where he admits hes not a good rapper. and the interviews where he doesn't care about staying underground and wants to get his videos played on MTV. Call him a sellout but at least hes honest.

DethMaiden
05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
PROOF OF OPEN-MINDEDNESS

I LIKE THIS, PLEASE DON'T CALL ME A METALHEAD

lol metalsetlists, never change.

SomewhereInTime72
05-16-2011, 02:40 PM

I agree with hating the stupid interpretations of it - but I do think that even at face value it's pretty good for what it is. I dislike that people can't genuinely say "I like this it's good." and have to justify their liking it by explaining it as something it clearly wasn't meant to be. Yeah... I hated English class too. :D

ChildrenofSodom
05-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I agree with hating the stupid interpretations of it - but I do think that even at face value it's pretty good for what it is. I dislike that people can't genuinely say "I like this it's good." and have to justify their liking it by explaining it as something it clearly wasn't meant to be. Yeah... I hated English class too. :D

I don't think its good. If its deep, society-reflecting, moral-exploring underground rap, I think it sucks. If its a ploy to get rich and make it big, I think it sucks.

Wizzbang11
05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't think its good. If its deep, society-reflecting, moral-exploring underground rap, I think it sucks. If its a ploy to get rich and make it big, I think it sucks.

What?

BloodoftheKings
05-16-2011, 04:49 PM
What?

He's saying he thinks odd future sucks no matter what the lyrics are about.

mankvill
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
He's saying he thinks odd future sucks no matter what the lyrics are about.

Free Earl that's the fuckin shit
and if Cameron disagrees he can suck a couple pimple covered dicks