My Evil Ways (w/ drum solo)
Fare Thee Well
One Of These Days
Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
Fool For Your Loving
Here I Go Again
- encore -
Still Of The Night

Lots of fun at the show tonight. First show of the tour. DC sounds pretty good, but I bet will sound better 10 shows in. I was pretty surprised for no Slide It In or Slow N Easy.

Randy Jackson of Zebra opened solo acoustic. He opened w/ A Day In The Life by The Beatles and closed w/ No Quarter by Led Zep....played 3-4 Zebra tunes in the middle.

makethemsuffer12
05-11-2011, 07:54 PM
The band was great as always, but goddamn did the crowd suck. I hate shows on Long Island. And the set was disappointing as well. Too much Forevermore, no "Bad Boys" or "Crying in the Rain."

Magson13
05-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Six songs with "Love" in the title. Lol

MPF
05-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Six songs with "Love" in the title. Lol

You weren't alive in the 80s were you?

Pretty decent setlist. For old reasons I'm sure you can imagine, I wish they would have had Slide It In back in the setlist. :D

JLRedWing13
05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
They were good opening for Priest.....I don't know that I would care enough to see them again though.

Maiden33
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I hate to be such a stickler over one hit, but this is my first time seeing Whitesnake. God dammit, I want Crying in the Rain.

MetalDoug
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
I know the very old fans are gonna blast me here but i'd like to hear SLIP OF THE TONGUE live! :)

dwils65
05-12-2011, 04:59 AM
That set is awful. I was supposed to see them on Sunday, and now am seriously rethinking it.

sleepstalking
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
They were good opening for Priest.....I don't know that I would care enough to see them again though.

When I saw them open for Judas Priest on the British Steel Anniversary Tour two years ago I felt like Whitesnake upstaged Priest pretty badly. I never would have thought that would happened, but it did :eyes:

bennythedog
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Not too bad. The only thing I'd be really disappointed about is the 2 slower songs off Forevermore in the set. Pick "Fare Thee Well" or "One of These Days" (preferred, if I had to choose) and be done with it. There are just too many other songs that rock to have both in the set, Crying in the Rain and Bad Boys were already mentioned but also, Good To Be Bad (Which they did not play last tour), Ready to Rock, Dog, If You Want Me, Slide, Slow, Spit, and a couple I really like off Forevermore, All Out Of Luck, Tell Me How, I Need You (Shine A Light), Whipping Boy Blues.

See my "dream" set list for this tour here! http://www.metalsetlists.com/showpost.php?p=357784&postcount=1

Here's to hoping he switches it up some.

John

Maiden33
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Should've been the setlist:

01 Best Years
02 Bad Boys
03 Gimme All Your Love Tonight
04 Love Ain't No Stranger
05 Love Will Set You Free
06 Is This Love?
07 Steal Your Heart Away
08 Forevermore
09 Judgment Day
10 Crying in the Rain
11 Fare Thee Well
12 Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City
13 Don't Break My Heart Again
14 Fool For You Loving
15 Here I Go Again
Encore:
16 Burn
17 Still of the Night

makethemsuffer12
05-12-2011, 11:28 AM

01 Best Years
02 Bad Boys
06 Is This Love?
07 Steal Your Heart Away
08 Forevermore
09 Judgment Day
10 Crying in the Rain
11 Fare Thee Well
14 Fool For You Loving
15 Here I Go Again
Encore:
16 Burn
17 Still of the Night
:fist:

PhxRocker
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM

01 Best Years
02 Bad Boys
06 Is This Love?
07 Steal Your Heart Away
08 Forevermore
09 Judgment Day
10 Crying in the Rain
11 Fare Thee Well
14 Fool For You Loving
15 Here I Go Again
Encore:
16 Burn
17 Still of the Night

Shoulda also added "Children Of The Night".

NickLed19
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Slow an Easy?

makethemsuffer12
05-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Shoulda also added "Children Of The Night".

The closest you'll get to hearing "Children of the Night" live nowadays is the little "are you ready to rock?" bit they do in the middle of "Bad Boys." I'd love to hear it as well, but as far as I know it hasn't been played live, or very rarely if it has.

bennythedog
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Can't remember a time either... even when I saw them headlining on the 87 tour, they put it in the middle of Bad Boys... and they're still doing it that way today.... well when Bad Boys in is the damn set list!

John

Wrecking Crew
05-13-2011, 08:46 AM
When I saw them open for Judas Priest on the British Steel Anniversary Tour two years ago I felt like Whitesnake upstaged Priest pretty badly. I never would have thought that would happened, but it did :eyes:

It pains me to say this since I am a Priest fan from way back but I can believe this. I saw the British Steel anniversary tour on HDNet and they just didn't sound that good, the songs didn't seem as fast as they should and Halford can't seem to do the high yells anymore. Sucks as part of me would like to see their farewell tour this year and part of me wants to only remember the awesome show I saw on the Painkiller tour back in 1990. With Testament and Megadeth (in their prime) opening, that was an awesome concert! :rocker:

bennythedog
05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
It pains me to say this since I am a Priest fan from way back but I can believe this. I saw the British Steel anniversary tour on HDNet and they just didn't sound that good, the songs didn't seem as fast as they should and Halford can't seem to do the high yells anymore. Sucks as part of me would like to see their farewell tour this year and part of me wants to only remember the awesome show I saw on the Painkiller tour back in 1990. With Testament and Megadeth (in their prime) opening, that was an awesome concert! :rocker:

That was a great show!!

John

from setlist.fm

Holiday Star Theater - Merrillville, IN - 08-04-91
Hell Bent for Leather
Heading Out to the Highway
The Hellion
Electric Eye
All Guns Blazing
Metal Gods
Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
The Ripper
Night Crawler
A Touch of Evil
Drum Solo
Painkiller
Victim of Changes
The Green Manalishi (With the Two-Pronged Crown)
(Fleetwood Mac cover)
Encore:
Breaking the Law
Living After Midnight
Encore 2:
You've Got Another Thing Comin'

JLRedWing13
05-13-2011, 06:37 PM
That's unfortunate. Priest was on fire when I saw them.