PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Arch Enemy/Devildriver

Steev
05-11-2011, 11:16 AM
This was casually mentioned in a review of the recent Danzig tour

BloodoftheKings
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd like to see Arch Enemy again. The first time I saw them there was no energy.

Steev
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see Arch Enemy again. The first time I saw them there was no energy.

Yeah last time I saw them the crowd was weak

Of course that was over 5 years ago

llama lom
05-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Interesting.

MPF
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Meh

Shadowswillfall414
05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
I would go see this if the money is available, if not not really missing much.

jd091
05-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Fucking love Arch Enemy, and the new album sounds absolutely killer right now. I'm really stoked for when they finally tour for it.

DementedX14
05-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Hopefully this rumor comes true.

kommie
05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Arch Enemy = Awesome. DevilDriver = good.

Travis The Dragon
05-11-2011, 07:04 PM
PLEASE let this be true! I've seen DevilDriver twice and they were super amazing! I've never seen Arch Enemy though. What a combo what would be!

GarageMetal468
05-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Rumor has it that Skeletonwitch is gonna be on here too...

:rocker::party:

jd091
05-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Rumor has it that Skeletonwitch is gonna be on here too...

:rocker::party:

OH TITS YES

treghet
05-14-2011, 09:44 AM
DevilDriver will finally be on a tour that makes sense?! :eek:

llama lom
05-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Anyone heard anything about when this would happen?

AnataFan4Life
05-14-2011, 10:17 AM
This lineup sounds pretty bitching :rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Late July/early August. It is definitely happening, Skeletonwitch and one other unknown band are in negotiations to play too.

mankvill
05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
So show up a little bit late, catch Skeletontits, go outside and smoke, then come inside for Arch Enemy? Ok.

WOLVERINEKILLS
05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Dez just confirmed to me that the tour will have Skeletonwitch on it.

jd091
05-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Dez just confirmed to me that the tour will have Skeletonwitch on it.

:agree:

AnataFan4Life
05-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Why do I have a feeling that the last band is going to suck ass and will be a piss/merch break for me?

llama lom
05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
:party:

TiradesOfTruth
05-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Wolverine you know any dates or city stops.

Natrlhi
05-16-2011, 01:06 PM
So show up a little bit late, catch Skeletontits, go outside and smoke, then come inside for Arch Enemy? Ok.

Zaktly.

rjturtle9
05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I can't wait for this tour. It's been too long since I've seen Skletits.

kommie
05-16-2011, 01:40 PM
why exactly do people call em Skeletontits? even then, after them DevilDriver would definitely be before Arch Enemy.

TiradesOfTruth
05-16-2011, 01:44 PM
No I think DevilDriver is headlining.

Natrlhi
05-16-2011, 01:47 PM
why exactly do people call em Skeletontits?Because they're tits. As in awesome.

rjturtle9
05-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Because they're tits. As in awesome.

:blaze:

kommie
05-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Because they're tits. As in awesome.

they are tits.

No I think DevilDriver is headlining.

are you fucking joking? DevilDriver over Arch Enemy? what parallel universe is this?

coltongsmith
05-16-2011, 02:11 PM
are you fucking joking? DevilDriver over Arch Enemy? what parallel universe is this?

yeh they probably will, last year devildriver headlined over suffocation and last time arch enemy was here they were support for machine head

JLRedWing13
05-16-2011, 02:19 PM
A universe where the bigger band headlines?

kommie
05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
A universe where the bigger band headlines?

I don't see them being bigger, but if they play a good set, I can leave after them, don't care that much for DevilDriver.

yeh they probably will, last year devildriver headlined over suffocation and last time arch enemy was here they were support for machine head

I just googled Machine Head/Arch Enemy tour, and that was 2007, really long time ago. AE were here in 2008, and had Dark Tranquility for support, 2010 headlining with Arsis, Exodus and others, AFAIK this 2010 January tour I saw them at was the last time they were here, so I'm :confused:

AnataFan4Life
05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
It really doesn't matter to me who headlines. While I do like Arch Enemy better musically, i've heard that Devildriver puts on one hell of a live show.

That and we have fucking SKELETONTITS on the lineup too :rocker:

coltongsmith
05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I just googled Machine Head/Arch Enemy tour, and that was 2007, really long time ago. AE were here in 2008, and had Dark Tranquility for support, 2010 headlining with Arsis, Exodus and others, AFAIK this 2010 January tour I saw them at was the last time they were here, so I'm :confused:

tht was the last time i remember them being here in Atlanta

jd091
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
If Devildriver ever, for whatever reason, headlines over the pure orgasmic awesomeness that is Arch Enemy, I will stop listening to metal for good.

mankvill
05-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Arch Enemy, to me, is just like Amon Amarth, and I don't see DevilDriver headlining above them ever.

MPF
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Knowing Swordlord. I can't imagine this tour NOT hitting Station 4 in St. Paul.

kommie
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Arch Enemy, to me, is just like Amon Amarth, and I don't see DevilDriver headlining above them ever.

only Amon Amarth come over here on a consistently yearly basis.

Travis The Dragon
05-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Knowing Swordlord. I can't imagine this tour NOT hitting Station 4 in St. Paul.

DD always come here on their tours and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tour with Danzig skip MN.? If so, there's a very good chance that we'll get the upcoming tour.

MPF
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
DD always come here on their tours and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the tour with Danzig skip MN.? If so, there's a very good chance that we'll get the upcoming tour.

Don't tell me you're surprised by that?

Travis The Dragon
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Don't tell me you're surprised by that?

No, I'm not surprised by it. I'm just saying that since DD was on the tour and if it skipped MN., that increases the chances of them coming here next time around.

MPF
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
No, I'm not surprised by it. I'm just saying that since DD was on the tour and if it skipped MN., that increases the chances of them coming here next time around.

That is not always the case, but I see what you are getting at. It depends on the band though.

A band like Fair To Midland, they will play Minnesota every tour. Hell, a couple years back they did a 5 date mini tour, 4 Texas shows, 1 Minnesota show.

Bands like Between The Buried And Me, haven't been here in 3 years, and I'm not expecting them back anytime soon.

It all just depends.

Sanitarium78
05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
To address to debate as to who would headline, there's been no doubt in my mind since this has been rumored that DevilDriver would be it. They're are a little more popular than Arc Enemey.

Remember people, it's not who's musically superior that headlines, it's the act the promoters knows will sell more tickets.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 06:20 AM
To address to debate as to who would headline, there's been no doubt in my mind since this has been rumored that DevilDriver would be it. They're are a little more popular than Arc Enemey.

Remember people, it's not who's musically superior that headlines, it's the act the promoters knows will sell more tickets.So true. That's why Exodus opened for Arch Enemy a few years back and not the other way around.

kommie
05-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Don't DevilDriver pretty much tour non-stop here? And how often do Arch Enemy come here? I think people would care more for an Arch Enemy tour than DD.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 06:31 AM
I think people would care more for an Arch Enemy tour than DD.They should, but they don't.

kommie
05-17-2011, 06:42 AM
speaking of retarded shit like AE opening for DD, I think a couple years back Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for Kid Rock :barf:

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 06:51 AM
You're just not getting this thing about ticket sales trumping actual talent, are you? ;)

kommie
05-17-2011, 06:57 AM
You're just not getting this thing about ticket sales trumping actual talent, are you? ;)

how kid rock is still popular is really what's baffling.

Sanitarium78
05-17-2011, 07:03 AM
how kid rock is still popular is really what's baffling.

How he was ever popular to begin with is the bigger mystery.

And yes, Lynyrd Skynyrd did open for him a few years ago. Granted they've only got like one original member left but how they can't take that as anything other than an insult is beyond me.

mankvill
05-17-2011, 08:07 AM
I still think Arch Enemy has a bigger pull that DevilDriver.

kommie
05-17-2011, 08:13 AM
I still think Arch Enemy has a bigger pull that DevilDriver.

Did you see em last year with Exodus/Arsis?

AnthG
05-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Album sales in the US for both bands, while not the best indicator, could help out a bit determining who is more popular in the US and who would headline:

In terms of first week numbers and positions on the Billboard 200

Devildriver:

Fury of our Maker's Hand (2005): 117 - 10,402
The Last Kind Words (2007) : 48 - 14,000
Pray for Villains (2009): 35 - 14,600
Beast (2011): 42 - 11,000

Arch Enemy:

Doomsday Machine (2005): 87 - 12,000
Rise of the Tyrant (2007): 84 - 8,900

Obviously the albums I excluded are the ones I couldn't find info on and didn't debut or reach the Billboard 200.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
I still think Arch Enemy has a bigger pull that DevilDriver.Again - they should, but they don't. You of all people should know all too well that there are entirely too many people out there (many of whom are your age, incidentally - or slightly younger) who listen to bands simply because of easy accessibility (i.e., Hot Topic and places like that), and / or because their friends are doing it.

TL;DR: Unfortunately, the idiots and sheep outnumber the folks with good taste by a huge margin. :snivel:

jd091
05-17-2011, 09:57 AM
All I know is last time Arch Enemy came to Chicago, they filled up the House of Blues. Last time Devildriver came to Chicago, they only filled up the Bottom Lounge. Thats gotta be an indication of something.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 10:10 AM
All I know is last time Arch Enemy came to Chicago, they filled up the House of Blues. Last time Devildriver came to Chicago, they only filled up the Bottom Lounge. Thats gotta be an indication of something.You would think that...but as I and others have said, promoters try to book bands that will sell in the venues where they will be most successful - it's all about ticket and merch sales, and not one damn bit about what's fair or what "should be", or what a band "deserves" or whatever. Your example might simply mean that Chicago promoters see things differently than promoters in other parts of the country, or perhaps that two entirely different sets of promoters booked the tours in question.

In the end, which bands tour, where they play (as in what city), what venues they play in and who else is booked on the ticket over whoever else is on it, is all about one thing and one thing only:

:money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

...and if you think it's about anything else, then you're really naive.

BTW, I was at that show, and it fucking rocked. Arsis, Exodus and AE were all fucking awesome. :rocker: :fist:

EDIT: Here's my review (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12426&highlight=arch+enemy+chicago)!

AnthG
05-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Again - they should, but they don't. You of all people should know all too well that there are entirely too many people out there (many of whom are your age, incidentally - or slightly younger) who listen to bands simply because of easy accessibility (i.e., Hot Topic and places like that), and / or because their friends are doing it.

TL;DR: Unfortunately, the idiots and sheep outnumber the folks with good taste by a huge margin. :snivel:

I listen to Devildriver and don't listen to Arch Enemy, but it's because DevilDriver makes better music.

I never understood why people always assume that if more people like Band X than Band Y, it's only because Band X is more popular and are easily accessible (despite the fact that the internet since 2001 or so has made anything accessible). I mean, there's no way it couldn't be because listeners just prefer Band X over Band Y. That'd be preposterous!

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I listen to Devildriver and don't listen to Arch Enemy, but it's because DevilDriver makes better music.

I never understood why people always assume that if more people like Band X than Band Y, it's only because Band X is more popular and are easily accessible (despite the fact that the internet since 2001 or so has made anything accessible). I mean, there's no way it couldn't be because listeners just prefer Band X over Band Y. That'd be preposterous!Of course people sometimes like the right bands for the right reasons. I never said they don't. If you like DevilDriver more than Arch Enemy, then more power to you. I'm just saying that a lot of impressionable-slash-easily-entertained folks will listen to anything that their friends or Hot Topic tell them is cool, and if you don't believe that's true then you're just in deep fucking denial. There are more sheep out there now than in any time in human history, and that's why the entertainment industry - especially in the U.S. - is still one of the most successful industries on the planet during these times of global economic crisis.

Think about it. You know I'm right. It's OK, you can admit it. My ego couldn't possibly get any larger anyway. ;)

AnthG
05-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Oh, that's definitely true. That happens all the time, and there are definitely people who will listen to certain bands because it's the way to go, or they'll be exposed to something more easily because of certain factors.

I just don't think that's the case when talking about DevilDriver vs. Arch Enemy. I mean, if we were talking about, say, Nevermore vs. Avenged Sevenfold, then I'd see where you were coming from (I don't have a huge problem with A7X or anything, but still). DevilDriver is a little more popular than Arch Enemy, but it's not by that much, and DD has also gone on about their business and popularity and achieved whatever success they have the right way. They paid their dues. I mean, they could have easily taken the easy road and used Dez's Coal Chamber affiliations to achieve popularity and success, but they didn't really appear to do that. They're still headlining club shows and jumping on as many support slots as they can. And while Arch Enemy have been around longer, it's not like DevilDriver are some newbie band getting some higher slot because of radio play. They've been around for 8 or 9 years, have 5 albums, and shit load of tours and live shows under their belts.

And just to play devil's advocate on the "People grasp onto what's more popular", there's also the trend of avoiding bands only because they're popular. What you're saying is definitely true in a lot of cases, but other times some bands have their image and popularity among certain social circles working against them.

Natrlhi
05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
My ego couldn't possibly get any larger anyway. ;)

Oh, that's definitely true.
FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING JERK!!!

No, but seriously. I think we're on the same page now. :fist:

mankvill
05-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Again - they should, but they don't. You of all people should know all too well that there are entirely too many people out there (many of whom are your age, incidentally - or slightly younger) who listen to bands simply because of easy accessibility (i.e., Hot Topic and places like that), and / or because their friends are doing it.

I know that, but I'm going by a few things:

1. Arch Enemy has consistently played big venues around here since 2003-ish. DevilDriver has either filled out a smaller venue or barely pulled anyone on a headlining trek at the same venue Arch Enemy was at.

2. Call me crazy, but most DevilDriver fans would also be Arch Enemy fans, but probably not most Arch Enemy fans would be DevilDriver fans.

Travis The Dragon
05-20-2011, 03:06 PM
MιtropolisMontreal, QC

Tue, 09/13/11
07:00 PM

SOURCE (http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=arch+enemy&search.x=0&search.y=0)

MPF
05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
MιtropolisMontreal, QC

Tue, 09/13/11
07:00 PM

SOURCE (http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=arch+enemy&search.x=0&search.y=0)

No results found for ""
We’re sorry, but we couldn’t find any events for ''. Please check your spelling and try again.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/image.php?u=2238&dateline=1304284601

Just look up Arch Enemy on Ticketmaster, makes no reference to other bands, but it probably is Devil driver as main support and Skeleton witch as opener.

I see you fixed it...nevermind.

Travis The Dragon
05-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Huh? I didn't fix or edit anything.

Anyway, since tickets go on sale for that show in 5 days, we should be getting the full tour dates pretty soon.

MPF
05-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Huh? I didn't fix or edit anything.

Anyway, since tickets go on sale for that show in 5 days, we should be getting the full tour dates pretty soon.

When I first clicked your link in the search bar it showed up "" and no information was about Arch enemy.

After I made my post I tried your link again and Arch Enemy came up.

Very strange. Could be my fault or Ticketmaster fucking up, but still o.0

kommie
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
so it looks like Arch Enemy is headlining? Well, that makes sense after all.

Travis The Dragon
05-20-2011, 03:40 PM
so it looks like Arch Enemy is headlining? Well, that makes sense after all.

I don't think we can base that off of just one show mentioned on Ticketscammer. Either way, it'll be fucking awesome to see AE and DD together! :rocker: :party:

kommie
05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't think we can base that off of just one show mentioned on Ticketscammer. Either way, it'll be fucking awesome to see AE and DD together! :rocker: :party:

you know what'd be better? If DevilDriver weren't at the Arch Enemy, and they did something else. They're ok, but nothing special.

Namaste
06-01-2011, 09:40 PM
It all depends on if the 3rd and/or 4th band are bands that I want to see. Otherwise, I will probably pass on this if it comes to my area.

jd091
06-01-2011, 10:02 PM
It all depends on if the 3rd and/or 4th band are bands that I want to see. Otherwise, I will probably pass on this if it comes to my area.

The lineup is gonna be

Arch Enemy
Devildriver
Skeletonwitch
Chthonic

So yes, those 3rd and 4th bands are absolute tits, and you should go.

Namaste
06-02-2011, 06:47 PM
The lineup is gonna be

Arch Enemy
Devildriver
Skeletonwitch
Chthonic

So yes, those 3rd and 4th bands are absolute tits, and you should go.

If those are it, then yes. They're on my list of bands to see.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Skeletonwitch and Chthonic will mount the following North American tour together later this year:

09/08 Baltimore, MD – Rams Head
09/09 New York, NY – Best Buy Theater
09/10 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
09/12 Quebec City, QC – Imperial
09/13 Montreal, QC – Metropolis
09/14 Toronto, ON – Phoenix
09/17 Winnipeg, MB – The Garrick Center
09/19 Calgary, AB – McEwan Hall
09/20 Edmonton, AB – Edmonton Events Centre
09/22 Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
09/23 Seattle, WA – Showbox
09/24 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
09/26 San Francisco, CA – Regency Center
09/27 Los Angeles – Nokia Theatre
09/29 Phoenix, AZ – The Marquee
09/30 Albuquerque, NM – The Sunshine
10/01 Denver, CO – The Gothic
10/03 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
10/04 Chicago, IL – House of Blues

MPF
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, Skeletonwitch and Chthonic will mount the following North American tour together later this year:

09/08 Baltimore, MD – Rams Head
09/09 New York, NY – Best Buy Theater
09/10 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
09/12 Quebec City, QC – Imperial
09/13 Montreal, QC – Metropolis
09/14 Toronto, ON – Phoenix
09/17 Winnipeg, MB – The Garrick Center
09/19 Calgary, AB – McEwan Hall
09/20 Edmonton, AB – Edmonton Events Centre
09/22 Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
09/23 Seattle, WA – Showbox
09/24 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
09/26 San Francisco, CA – Regency Center
09/27 Los Angeles – Nokia Theatre
09/29 Phoenix, AZ – The Marquee
09/30 Albuquerque, NM – The Sunshine
10/01 Denver, CO – The Gothic
10/03 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
10/04 Chicago, IL – House of Blues

This or Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost at Station 4 the same night...

...yeah this is a challenge on what to choose.....

:D FUCK THIS TOUR! :D

Fires Of Sedition
06-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Why is no one coming to Oklahoma?!

:mad:

Steev
06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Booooo no Philly

TiradesOfTruth
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I really hope they do a second leg. Just look at how much cities they missed.

jd091
06-14-2011, 04:30 PM
This or Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost at Station 4 the same night...

...yeah this is a challenge on what to choose.....

:D FUCK THIS TOUR! :D

Enslaved, no doubt man.

Travis The Dragon
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
My dad and I have seen Devildriver headline twice and only seen Enslaved open once. I think the choice is obvious. :D

What Hell is About
06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
I've seen DevilDriver headline and recently with Danzig. DD are one of my favorite bands and Dez is the shit but admittedly they are kind of boring live! =/

Fires Of Sedition
06-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I've seen DevilDriver headline and recently with Danzig. DD are one of my favorite bands and Dez is the shit but admittedly they are kind of boring live! =/

I had a blast all three times I saw them. Got to sing into the mic during End Of The Line. :)

DementedX14
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
I will see if I make it to the Tuesday Chciago show but I doubt it. I really want see Arch Enemy at the very least.