PDA

View Full Version : Decapitated - Carnival is Forever

treghet
05-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Information about the new Decapitated album has been posted.

DECAPITATED have released the album artwork to their fifth studio album and Nuclear Blast debut, Carnival Is Forever. The album will be released in Poland and North America on July 12th and rest of the Europe 15.07.2011.

Guitarist & founding member Wacław "Vogg" Kiełtyka shares a few words about the cover art’s intent and photography by Lukasz Jaszak:

"Very intriguing and quite strange for a metal album but surely staying in memory. A vital thing is that it's a photo. We did not want any computer graphics this time or anything artificial or plastic. The same regards the production of the album. We had actually been thinking about getting a painting for the cover but unfortunately we couldn't do it. Maybe next time.”

About the album title, Vogg has previously stated:

"Carnival: war, rape, lies, pathology, evil displayed through certain events and situations of the latest years in the world. Is Forever - I guess it doesn't need explaining. Both the text and the title are bitterly ironic."

Carnival Is Forever is the follow-up to 2006’s Organic Hallucinosis and was produced by Wacek Kiełtyka and sound engineered by Malta Arkadiusz Malczewski. Drums & mixing duties were handled by Daniel Bergstrand (BEHEMOTH, MESHUGGAH, DIMMU BORGIR, KEEP OF KALESSIN, DEFLESHED). The author of the album’s lyrics is Jarek Szubrycht, music journalist, author of No Mercy, the world’s first biography of thrash metal legends SLAYER.

The band will be self-releasing the new album in their native Poland.

Cover art:

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/37898527e0190adf43c79ddd19c60803.jpg

Source: http://www.facebook.com/notes/decapitated/decapitated-new-album-artwork-revealed/10150292631775744

jd091
05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm a little confused, not because the art is necessarily bad, but that it doesnt fit Decapitated's style. That should be a goth or doom album cover, or even something Opeth would do. There's not enough... blood on it for Decapitated.

llama lom
05-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm a little confused, not because the art is necessarily bad, but that it doesnt fit Decapitated's style. That should be a goth or doom album cover, or even something Opeth would do. There's not enough... blood on it for Decapitated.

This. Although I don't know whether to be worried or not.

idrinkwine732
05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Who will disappoint more? Morbid Angel or Decapitated? That's the main question of 2011.

jd091
05-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Who will disappoint more? Morbid Angel or Decapitated? That's the main question of 2011.

This argument is irrelevant. Hate Eternal will have the best death metal record of 2011.

llama lom
05-11-2011, 10:36 AM
This argument is irrelevant. Hate Eternal will have the best death metal record of 2011.

After my first listen, agreed. Although we do have quite a bit left of 2011 so we'll see.

hellawaits77ny
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM

Decapitated. Apparently their live shows w/ the new lineup aren;t that good. Probably wont equate to a good studio album either.

NecroRob
05-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Well this is strange :eyes:

daimonos
05-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I have faith that Decapitated can churn out a killer album. But if they don't, I'll be pretty disappointed.

treghet
05-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I have faith that Decapitated can churn out a killer album. But if they don't, I'll be pretty disappointed.

We can only hope. They really need to make a strong release or what's left of their fan base will dissipate.

mankvill
05-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I hate to be "that guy" but I lost pretty much all interest in this band when they rode the wave of popularity from the death of their amazing drummer and near-death of their amazing vocalist into cheap replacements and headlining Summer Slaughter.

If the crash would've never happened, there's no way they'd have headlined Summer Slaughter.

jd091
05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Nihility and Winds are still in my top 10 favorite records of all time... I can't give up hope... :snivel:

JLRedWing13
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
God that album cover and title are awful....

treghet
05-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Here are a couple videos of new songs live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIm_WKD3UbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PoFmoQ6cxo

christopher
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
God that album cover and title are awful....

Seriously! I looked at it and thought fuck this

treghet
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Track listing:

01. The Knife
02. United
03. Carnival Is Forever
04. Homo Sum
05. 404
06. A View From A Hole
07. Pest
08. Silence

jd091
05-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Track listing:

01. The Knife
02. United
03. Carnival Is Forever
04. Homo Sum
05. 404
06. A View From A Hole
07. Pest
08. Silence

WHAT METAL TITLES. Goddamn.

and inb4 "8 songs wtf"

llama lom
05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Track listing:

01. The Knife
02. United
03. Carnival Is Forever
04. Homo Sum
05. 404
06. A View From A Hole
07. Pest
08. Silence

:eyes:

MPF
05-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Track listing:

01. The Knife
02. United
03. Carnival Is Forever
04. Homo Sum
05. 404
06. A View From A Hole
07. Pest
08. Silence

The titles sound as if In Flames fucked KoRn

JuuKun
05-14-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm going to reserve judgment until hearing the album. I've enjoyed every Decapitated album, even Organic Hallucinosis, which I know some people weren't pleased with.

The only thing I don't get is saying that they wouldn't have headlined Summer Slaughter if the crash hadn't happened. They were right under Necrophagist the first year the tour happened, a couple months before the crash (and night after night there were reviews saying that they blew Necrophagist out of the water), and they had a direct support slot for Amon Amarth scheduled for December that year. You really think that in the span of three crash-free years, they couldn't have built up enough popularity to bump up one spot? I'm pretty sure they could have. The only way you can really say that there's no way they would have headlined if the crash hadn't happened, is if between 2007 and 2010 they were completely inactive.

llama lom
06-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Album previews:
http://www.metalinjection.net/av/stop-listen-taste-decapitated

daimonos
06-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Sounds good to me.

treghet
06-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Aside from a few parts, this actually sounds pretty decent. I'm a bit more excited now.

OraclesofAgony
06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
The riff in "Homo Sum" sounds really good.

jd091
06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Riff for "Carnival is Forever" is pretty fucking heavy! :rocker:

"Homo Sum" almost reminds me of a fast Meshuggah riff, which is very good. :)

"404" solo is solid. :cool:

"Pest" = :horns:

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds extremely mediocre.

treghet
06-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Sounds extremely mediocre.

By Decapitation standards, definitely. But it's listenable and I will probably still enjoy it. However, I won't be seeing them live again unless they completely redo their set and include more than nine fucking songs.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
By Decapitation standards, definitely. But it's listenable and I will probably still enjoy it. However, I won't be seeing them live again unless they completely redo their set and include more than nine fucking songs.

I'm not sure I even like Decapitated, though. The previews just sounded like your standard overproduced tech-death.

treghet
06-17-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure I even like Decapitated, though. The previews just sounded like your standard overproduced tech-death.

Well this should help you make up your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8WH-fd4SY

It's unfortunate we can't return to the past...

larvtard
06-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Well this should help you make up your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL8WH-fd4SY

It's unfortunate we can't return to the past...

My opinion from before still sorta stands. I do like that riff a lot.

AnataFan4Life
06-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I expected much worse from the odd album art. It doesn't sound too bad for the most part.

daimonos
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160008

New song. Sounds alot like the stuff on Organic Halucinosis, which I don't think is a bad thing.

AnataFan4Life
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
I kinda figured this album would be a continuation of the last album.

mastodon421
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Pretty good stuff, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the record.

hellawaits77ny
06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Not bad at all. Wasn't a huge fan of the soft-ish part, but overall a good tune.

OraclesofAgony
07-01-2011, 12:05 AM
This was the song that caught my attention on the preview, and now that I've heard the whole song I dig it. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

KillerCannabis
07-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Leaked.

I haven't given it a proper listen yet, but the little bit I've heard sounds good, not great.

OraclesofAgony
07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Leaked.

I haven't given it a proper listen yet, but the little bit I've heard sounds good, not great.

I got my pre-order 2 days ago and I've given it quite a few listens, I like it. I love the title track. The vocals are kind of weak, but the drumming is solid and there's a lot of killer riffs.

KillerCannabis
07-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm about halfway in, so far it's definitely their weakest effort. Best way I can describe it is like hearing a band covering Decapitated. There are familiar sounds and tones, but something is off. I'm mostly blaming the vocals because they're so bland, but I think the loss of Vitek had a great impact as well. New drummer isn't cutting it for me.

treghet
07-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Well, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, but I expected this. The album has some good moments sprinkled throughout it, but overall it is pretty weak. Krimh's style of drumming is a lot different than Vitek's and it just doesn't fit. He's not a bad drummer, he just doesn't seem to be the right guy for Decapitated. There are some nice riffs here and there, but then there are some incredibly boring ones as well (see "404"). That being said, the solos are still good. The worst part of the album is the vocals. They are monotonous and after a song or two they just start to grate on my ears. After one listen I don't think I will ever look back at this album. It's not worth my money and it's honestly not even worth downloading, since I know I will always choose to listen to other Decapitated albums over it. Oh well... :(

daimonos
07-24-2011, 08:51 AM
You guys are crazy saying that the drums don't fit in, but I play the drums so I probably hear things different than you guys do. The vocals don't really bother me either, I might actually like them more than Covan, but definitely not Sauron. As for the songs I think everythings really solid, but not incredible. This ones gonna take some time to sink in, I think.

Right now my favorites are probably the title track, 404, and A View From a Hole.

mastodon421
07-24-2011, 08:57 AM
I really liked this record. I agree with daimonos, the drums do fit and the vocals don't bother me in the least. This is at the very least in the top half of albums I have heard this year.

treghet
07-24-2011, 11:24 AM
You guys are crazy saying that the drums don't fit in, but I play the drums so I probably hear things different than you guys do.

And why is that? As I said, he's a good drummer but he doesn't have half the intensity of Vitek. And Decapitated without that just doesn't work for me.

ThrashManiac
07-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Decapitated will Tour the US this fall with Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse and another band i dont remember..just saw a flyer promoting it, but i couldn't find info on the net.

and the album is ok, but i'll stick with winds of creation and nihility.

NecroRob
07-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Decapitated will Tour the US this fall with Decrepit Birth, Fleshgod Apocalypse and another band i dont remember..just saw a flyer promoting it, but i couldn't find info on the net.

You better not be fucking with me right now, because that's incredible news :party:

daimonos
07-24-2011, 09:22 PM
And why is that? As I said, he's a good drummer but he doesn't have half the intensity of Vitek. And Decapitated without that just doesn't work for me.

Ah I see, I kinda get what you're saying about the intensity thing, but that's mainly a production issue if you ask me. The music doesn't quite have the ferocity earlier albums had, either.

OraclesofAgony
07-24-2011, 09:57 PM

:D

I'm there.

John The Drummer
07-25-2011, 11:58 AM
You better not be fucking with me right now, because that's incredible news :party:

He isn't lying, and I know that for a fact ;)

OraclesofAgony
07-25-2011, 12:09 PM
He isn't lying, and I know that for a fact ;)

Do you know who the fourth band is then?

John The Drummer
07-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Do you know who the fourth band is then?

I was only told the mentioned bands, I didn't hear of a fourth band. Possibly a local opener?

OraclesofAgony
07-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I was only told the mentioned bands, I didn't hear of a fourth band. Possibly a local opener?

Alright. Just wondering since the other poster mentioned another band.

I'm glad that I'll probably get to see Fleshgod Apocalypse once more.

ThrashManiac
07-25-2011, 10:51 PM
there was definatly a fourth band..and it wasn't a local band. Just cant remember what it was since i never heard of it. i guess i should've kept the flyer haha

hellawaits77ny
08-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Stirring up an old topic here, but thought I'd throw my opinion around a little bit.

Overall, I don't mind the album. I really like the production. Guitars and drums sound great. Granted, the new drummer is no Vitek, but he plays well on this album, and the snares came out great. Vogg's guitar work is killer as always. I really like 'United'. The title track and 'The Knife' are pretty solid, too. '404' or 'A view From a Whole' (one of the 2, I always forget which is 5 and 6) is probably my favorite besides the other 3.

My only REAL negative are the talents of "Rasta" or whatever the fuck they call the new vocalist. They sound great in sound quality way on the album, and I don't think he's a bad vocalist, he just doesn't really fit into Decapitated. To much of a metalcore shout, and not enough of a death metal growl. Sauron was an awesome vocalist, and I don't think they'll ever be able to replace him. I haven't checked out any vids of their performances w/ the new singer. Who knows, maybe he sounds better live. Probably not, though.

jd091
08-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Stirring up an old topic here, but thought I'd throw my opinion around a little bit.

Overall, I don't mind the album. I really like the production. Guitars and drums sound great. Granted, the new drummer is no Vitek, but he plays well on this album, and the snares came out great. Vogg's guitar work is killer as always. I really like 'United'. The title track and 'The Knife' are pretty solid, too. '404' or 'A view From a Whole' (one of the 2, I always forget which is 5 and 6) is probably my favorite besides the other 3.

My only REAL negative are the talents of "Rasta" or whatever the fuck they call the new vocalist. They sound great in sound quality way on the album, and I don't think he's a bad vocalist, he just doesn't really fit into Decapitated. To much of a metalcore shout, and not enough of a death metal growl. Sauron was an awesome vocalist, and I don't think they'll ever be able to replace him. I haven't checked out any vids of their performances w/ the new singer. Who knows, maybe he sounds better live. Probably not, though.

Agree with everything you just said. I'm loving it, actually. I mean, it's no Decapitated, or at least the Decapitated we used to know, but it's still solid. There are lots of passages that remind me heavily of Meshuggah, which is pretty cool.