PDA

View Full Version : New Supergroup Featuring Dave Mustaine and Dan Spitz

BloodoftheKings
05-08-2011, 06:00 PM
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has joined forces with former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz in a brand new project called RED LAMB. The band's debut release, which will consist largely of the music Spitz previously recorded under the DEUXMONKEY banner with vocalist Wade Black (CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES, LEATHERWOLF), ACCEPT bassist Peter Baltes and drummer Patrick Johansson (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, W.A.S.P.), will be mixed by Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis; DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD, STAIND).

Black announced his departure from DEUXMONKEY in April, explaining that the band's "songs were not up to my standards." He added that he gave Spitz "a verbal cease-and-desist on all my lyrics and vocals" in order to ensure that Wade's contributions would be completely wiped off the project's debut release.

In a December 2010 interview, Mustaine revealed that he helped fine-tune the songs on DEUXMONKEY's debut album after hearing some of the material in its early stages of development.

"[Dan] was working on a little side project, and I'd heard it a while ago and it kind of went by in passing 'cause he was just starting it," Mustaine said. "And I heard it about three weeks ago; he was almost done. And I said, 'Man, I love this record.' I said, 'And do you think it's done?' And he goes, 'Yeah.' And he goes, 'Why? What do you think?' And I said, 'Well, I would kind of do this and that.' And he goes, 'Really? Go ahead.' And I went, 'Really?' So I rolled up my sleeves and I completely dedicated myself to Danny's record for the last three weeks, working tirelessly in my studio on this record with him. And it's that good. I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing. Little bit of some smatterings of ANTHRAX because of the speed stuff, but it's much more modern and much more heavy sounding."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/mustainespitz.jpg

MPF
05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
WOAH....

...This better not suck.

BloodoftheKings
05-08-2011, 06:07 PM
They don't make it clear who the vocalist is gonna be, i'm guessing Mustaine but they don't say.

MPF
05-08-2011, 06:10 PM
They don't make it clear who the vocalist is gonna be, i'm guessing Mustaine but they don't say.

Unless he had a major change of heart, I don't think Mustaine would be in a band where he doesn't sing and play guitar.

idrinkwine732
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing.

Not interested.

BloodoftheKings
05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Not interested.

Well that was about Deuxmonkey. This band will probably sound different since Mustaine is involved.

elturtleboy
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
who liked MD.45? U know when they had Lee Ving of FEAR,before Dave rerecorded the vocals.

ravenheart
05-09-2011, 01:53 AM
who liked MD.45? U know when they had Lee Ving of FEAR,before Dave rerecorded the vocals.

I did, and I'll listen to this too if it's going to be heavy and grooving. If it's going to be heavy and boring (Disturbed), I probably won't like it.

ravenheart
05-09-2011, 02:01 AM
The other half of this news is Megadeth are also about to start recording their next album, also with Johnny K producing, for release in the last quarter of 2011 through Roadrunner. Apparently Sneap was going to produce, but scheduling conflicts have meant he's had to pull out.

Hopefully it will be less convoluted and more song-based than the last one.

Maidenmagic
05-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Not interested.

Me neither. Although I love Mustaine, I don't like any of those bands.

Maidenmagic
05-09-2011, 05:27 AM
The other half of this news is Megadeth are also about to start recording their next album, also with Johnny K producing, for release in the last quarter of 2011 through Roadrunner. Apparently Sneap was going to produce, but scheduling conflicts have meant he's had to pull out.

Hopefully it will be less convoluted and more song-based than the last one.

Agree. I thought Endgame was BLAND.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Is any group with Dave Mustaine in it "super"?

/obligatory

JLRedWing13
05-09-2011, 01:44 PM
:tp: At least listen to it before you write it off....

It sounds like Mustaine just came in and tweaked a bunch of stuff though, so who knows.

Endgame was a great album though. :rocker:

illuminatus917
05-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Yes, it was. It gets way more hate than it deserves.

And what's all this about Disturbed being "heavy?"

BloodoftheKings
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes, it was. It gets way more hate than it deserves.

This. I think it was their best since Countdown.

And what's all this about Disturbed being "heavy?"

:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

ravenheart
05-09-2011, 03:13 PM

It would have been had it been instrumental instead of a convoluted diatribe loosely associated with the background music.

illuminatus917
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
This. I think it was their best since Countdown.

Other than Youthanasia, I'd probably agree.

JLRedWing13
05-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Other than Youthanasia, I'd probably agree.
Youthanasia has always been underrated.

PlaysWithKnives
05-10-2011, 08:43 PM
I wont judge it until I hear it, but it doesnt interest me too much.

PlaysWithKnives
05-10-2011, 08:45 PM

This. The World Needs A Hero, too

illuminatus917
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Yes, it has. It's probably the biggest issue I have with most Megadeth fans. Endgame being the second biggest.