PDA

View Full Version : Suffocation US Tour?

Jochen
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.therave.com/concert_details.asp?id=4404

One date, BUT MAYBE A FULL TOUR IS IN THE WORKS??!!! Yeah, I'm excited too.

bt11763
05-04-2011, 03:46 PM
maybe. they're doing a few hometown shows over the next few months, too

llama lom
05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
YES. I still have to see them live!

AnataFan4Life
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Seen them twice, and they were amazing both times. Wonder who they will get as support if it does become a tour...

GarageMetal468
05-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I hope this is a tour as well, but if not then it looks like I'll be going to Milwaukee :D

daimonos
05-04-2011, 05:01 PM
ohhhh myy...

:D

jd091
05-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Please, please tour again! The Suffo/Faceless tour didn't come by me last year, and it sucked.

llama lom
05-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Please, please tour again! The Suffo/Faceless tour didn't come by me last year, and it sucked.

They stopped by for Chicago Deathfest or whatever in November, but that was way out of reach for me to get to. :(

jd091
05-04-2011, 05:28 PM
They stopped by for Chicago Deathfest or whatever in November, but that was way out of reach for me to get to. :(

Yeah, all the way out at the fuckin' Clearwater Theater. I don't have a car here man, I rely on public transportation. Bands coming to suburbs around Chicago rather than the city is my biggest peev. :hmm:

mankvill
05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
The best thing about that date is that it's just them + locals. That'd be awesome.

GarageMetal468
05-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah, all the way out at the fuckin' Clearwater Theater. I don't have a car here man, I rely on public transportation. Bands coming to suburbs around Chicago rather than the city is my biggest peev. :hmm:

In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.

OraclesofAgony
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I'll never blow an opportunity to see Suffocation live. I've seen them three times now and they have killed it every time.

hellawaits77ny
05-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Hoping for a full tour. Still have never seen them.

NecroRob
05-04-2011, 07:31 PM

This x1000

They better come up here if this does become a tour.

jd091
05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
In all honesty that show was probably the worst I've ever been to. The sound there is terrible, and the people working there are fucking stupid. The guy doing sound took literally half an hour to soundcheck Fleshgod Apocalypse, most of the time spent adjusting the wrong microphone when the frontman was yelling at him and pointing to his own mic "THIS MIC, NO THIS ONE NOT THAT ONE." Security are a bunch of shit for brains pricks, and if you're under 21 you can't leave (I had great pleasure telling the people up front that this venue is a joke and I'm only here cause the booking agents don't know any better). And the worst part? Suffocation's set got cut short because of the technical difficulties caused by the nimrods running the show. They played for like 40 minutes, but it was an incredible 40 minutes because regardless of the shitty sound, Suffocation tore it up on there. I'm probably gonna end up going to Milwaukee for this because The Rave is a pretty good venue and Suffocation is one of the best bands I've seen live.

Hot damn. That makes me feel a little better that you say that. I still need to see Suffocation, they're up there pretty high on my "Bands I need to see before I die" list.

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-04-2011, 08:17 PM
I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

http://everyjoe.com/files/2009/03/frank-mullen-suffocation-thumb1.jpg

Jochen
05-04-2011, 10:05 PM

That sucks. You should definitely come to the Rave for this show, I used to not like the Rave, but I've come to realize it's really a good venue. The security used to be dicks there, but they've gotten a lot better during the past two years or so, and the basement stage actually has good sound, which is where Suffocation played last fall. Plus, the website is awesome.

JLRedWing13
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I am highly in favor of Suffocation touring in the near future.

Bring on the Frank Mullen Hand Chops

http://everyjoe.com/files/2009/03/frank-mullen-suffocation-thumb1.jpg
:lol:

AnataFan4Life
05-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Frank Mullen has to be one of the most entertaining frontmen in Death Metal, as far as live performances go :rocker:

Agreed. I love his getups, too. That recent video from FuseTV where they played 2 songs from Blood Oath, he was wearing blue jeans, white running shoes and a sort-of long-long type long sleeve shirt w/ the sleeves rolled up. Not exactly what you'd expect from a death metal frontman, but that's what made it great.

GarageMetal468
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
That sucks. You should definitely come to the Rave for this show, I used to not like the Rave, but I've come to realize it's really a good venue. The security used to be dicks there, but they've gotten a lot better during the past two years or so, and the basement stage actually has good sound, which is where Suffocation played last fall. Plus, the website is awesome.

Yeah I saw Overkill there last year and it was a great venue and show.

AnataFan4Life
05-05-2011, 01:11 PM
If they picked up some class act bands for support (Obscura, Revocation, etc.) then this may very well be the most bonerific tour they've ever done.

hellawaits77ny
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Starting to look like a tour. Apparently a show July 10 in Baltimore has been added.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/475319-suffocation

JLRedWing13
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Come on Detroit date. :blaze: