PDA

View Full Version : Destruction -- Orangevale, CA -- April 30th, 2011

treghet
05-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm surprised nobody has posted a Destruction set, so here's one I got from setlist.fm (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/destruction/2011/the-boardwalk-orangevale-ca-73d386dd.html). I'm very happy with this and I can't wait for my date!

Curse the Gods
Mad Butcher
Armageddonizer
Eternal Ban
D.evolution
Hate Is My Fuel
Metal Discharge
Life Without Sense
Nailed to the Cross
Thrash Till Death
Devil's Advocate
Confused Mind
The Price
Bestial Invasion
---
Release From Agony
Total Desaster

Sepultura69
05-04-2011, 10:44 AM
I like how they're opening up with "Curse the Gods". When I saw destruction at the chain reaction back in 2009 it was like the 13th song in the set, and they didn't even play that super cool creepy little intro that starts the song off. Even if it cant be played live, they should have played a little audio recording of the studio version or something instead of going straight into the main song.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Good set list. Can't wait to see them in 12 days.

John The Drummer
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Saw them for the second time last week, I love thrash, but these guys bore me to death live. Heathen was pretty sick though!

Spiner202
05-04-2011, 07:19 PM
The fact that they're playing Release From Agony makes me very sad that the Ottawa date is 19+. I've never seen Destruction, but I had heard that they don't play songs from that album because Schmier doesn't like it (or something along those lines).

treghet
05-04-2011, 07:25 PM
The fact that they're playing Release From Agony makes me very sad that the Ottawa date is 19+. I've never seen Destruction, but I had heard that they don't play songs from that album because Schmier doesn't like it (or something along those lines).

I didn't know that. I wonder why? It's my favorite album by them.

Spiner202
05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I didn't know that. I wonder why? It's my favorite album by them.

I think he wasn't happy with the technical direction the band was going in. Again, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I do remember hearing it somewhere.

Natrlhi
05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Wow, that's actually not a bad set at all. Now I regret that I can't see them this Friday night (watching the kids again).

Curse the Gods
Mad Butcher
Confused Mind
Bestial Invasion
Total DesasterHoly shit. :drool:

Eternal Ban
Life Without Sense
Release From AgonySuper fucking holy shit. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

kngdymond
05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
show in san diego was great weak crowd but Destruction didn't care they just ripped warbeast was really good also heathen music was great singer very lame :mad:

Onioner
05-04-2011, 10:13 PM
show in san diego was great weak crowd but Destruction didn't care they just ripped warbeast was really good also heathen music was great singer very lame :mad:

First: Holy hell, throw a period or a comma in there or something.

Second: How was David White from Heathen lame? Like, did you dislike his vocals, or him as a person? Frankly I'm convinced he's one the very best thrash singers around, and when I met him after the Exodus/Heathen show last year, he was super friendly and eager to meet all the young fans.

idrinkwine732
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM

Second: How was David White from Heathen lame? Like, did you dislike his vocals, or him as a person? Frankly I'm convinced he's one the very best thrash singers around, and when I met him after the Exodus/Heathen show last year, he was super friendly and eager to meet all the young fans.

I went up and talked to him too at that show (in fact I think you were there when I did) and he was the nicest dude ever.

BrutalN00dle
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
That Destruction set rules, any idea on Heathen's?

kngdymond
05-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Sorry Teacher ha ha

Anyways just dont like the voice at all.thats why they never did much. Im sure he is a cool guy but the voice and stage moves just dont cut it. Again the music was killer and Lee really ripped. They brought other guitarist with Destruction to do release from agony. sounded like it did back in 89.