PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden confirmed dead

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
:party::party::party:

Now we need to parade his fucking corpse through the streets of NYC.

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Sorry, I made a duplicate thread. But this occasion warrants it.

:usa:

BloodoftheKings
05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking of making a tribute video. For the song should I use "Time of Your Life" by Green Day or "In the Arms of an Angel" by Sarah Mclaughlin?

powerslave_85
05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking of making a tribute video. For the song should I use "Time of Your Life" by Green Day or "In the Arms of an Angel" by Sarah Mclaughlin?
Better Green Day song: "Ha Ha You're Dead."

Wizzbang11
05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
While it is awesome news, does anyone else find it somewhat concerning that we killed him in Pakistan?

makethemsuffer12
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Fuck, that's a hard one.

mankvill
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I feel like being an uber-patriotic douche and wearing a cowboy hat and blaring patriotic country music and going out and partying

larvtard
05-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Now that I think about it, "time of your life" would be hilarious...

mankvill
05-01-2011, 08:24 PM
my cousin is joining the marines this summer. I really hope this sets things in motion so he doesn't have to go to the Middle East.

christopher
05-01-2011, 08:25 PM
RIP

hahaha Sage Francis cracks me up with his facebook post

Donald Trump and Sarah Palin are already asking to see Osama Bin Laden's death certificate! This is getting ridiculous now

treghet
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
This is incredible. :D

Dextrimental
05-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Just in time for the ten year anniversary too.

Chinese Democracy, Duke Nuem Forever and now this. Think I need more coffee..

bt11763
05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
my cousin is joining the marines this summer. I really hope this sets things in motion so he doesn't have to go to the Middle East.

this.

300%_Density
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Really nobody feels the urge to crank S.O.D. now for this occasion? I'm guessing bc me and manks live somewhat in the same area he dreads the cowboy hat, over patriotic douche bags who will come out of the woood work just like I am.

elturtleboy
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
RIP you legend. Let the hate mail begin

christopher
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
RIP you legend. Let the hate mail begin

Don't worry young one, on the third day he shall rise

christopher
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/231069_10150187204679238_191140694237_6666997_3132 343_n.jpg

elturtleboy
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/231069_10150187204679238_191140694237_6666997_3132 343_n.jpg

he beat ann frank!

christopher
05-01-2011, 09:34 PM
he beat ann frank!

:lol:

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225442_1683689703743_1582624234_31402775_4154404_n .jpg

elturtleboy
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225442_1683689703743_1582624234_31402775_4154404_n .jpg

im not an obama fan or a hater. But he did somthing bush only dreamed of.

MPF
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Now it's Official:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/dietergardner/tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

OraclesofAgony
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
im not an obama fan or a hater. But he did somthing bush only dreamed of.

All these people on my facebook are bitching and saying Bush gets the credit. I'm not a supporter or hater of Obama either but these people that just bitch and moan about Obama all the time annoy me. I guess mainly because most of them are Christian Conservatives as well.

ChildrenofSodom
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
The commander-in-chief doesn't get the credit, but until we find out who the soldier was that pulled the trigger and shot him in the head, I'm going to use Obama as the face of this.

christopher
05-01-2011, 10:28 PM
The commander-in-chief doesn't get the credit, but until we find out who the soldier was that pulled the trigger and shot him in the head, I'm going to use Obama as the face of this.

In what 2021? We aren't going to find out for at least 10 years who shot him and by that time no one will give a shit anymore cause we will be focusing and invading Mars or some shit

illuminatus917
05-01-2011, 10:30 PM
All these people on my facebook are bitching and saying Bush gets the credit. I'm not a supporter or hater of Obama either but these people that just bitch and moan about Obama all the time annoy me. I guess mainly because most of them are Christian Conservatives as well.

Was it any any different with Bush? People are always going to bitch and moan about presidents, including myself.

OraclesofAgony
05-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Was it any any different with Bush? People are always going to bitch and moan about presidents, including myself.

Yeah but this is worse because I have to hear their Christian rhetoric along with their bitching. I guess that's really what annoys me, not really the bitching about Obama part.

elturtleboy
05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Now it's Official:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/dietergardner/tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

LOL!!!!

so how bout those weapons of mass destruction?

TonyD
05-01-2011, 10:46 PM

I'm nominating this for quote of the year along with Indestructible's "this is why people are stupid".

bt11763
05-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm nominating this for quote of the year along with Indestructible's "this is why people are stupid".

+1

time of your life, btw. they used it in the final episode of seinfeld

RAZOR
05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Well it looks like my book has been solved. :party:

http://i52.tinypic.com/w6p2sy.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
05-01-2011, 10:53 PM

At least people making fun of Bush were funny for about the first 5 years or so. He was good for making fun of. :)

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
While it is awesome news, does anyone else find it somewhat concerning that we killed him in Pakistan?

My first thought when I read about him being killed in Pakistan was that we must have surely violated international law in killing him. I also figured Pakistan would be pissed about it considering how they've been feeling about our drone attacks recently. Apparently the ISI was in on the operation though. I can't imagine the kind of pressure we must have put on the Pakistani government to allow us to carry out the operation.

illuminatus917
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah but this is worse because I have to hear their Christian rhetoric along with their bitching. I guess that's really what annoys me, not really the bitching about Obama part.

Understood. Any argument backed by Christianity is invalid.

At least people making fun of Bush were funny for about the first 5 years or so. He was good for making fun of. :)

He brought it on himself, yes. But as Christopher Hitchens said, Bush IQ related jokes became extremely generic, and ultimately, the jokes stupid people laughed at.

NecroRob
05-02-2011, 02:24 AM
All the conspiracy theory fucks that think this is all a well timed publicity stunt and that Bin Laden has been dead for years are REALLY getting on my nerves :mad:

mastodon421
05-02-2011, 04:11 AM
All the conspiracy theory fucks that think this is all a well timed publicity stunt and that Bin Laden has been dead for years are REALLY getting on my nerves :mad:

This. I can't stand those motherfuckers.

Indestructible
05-02-2011, 04:41 AM

Im one of them. Well I can't tell you if Bin Laden has been dead for years or died yesterday or is still being proteced, who knows. But I am one of those "conspiracy fucks" and proud to be.:D Something If you actually listen to us you'll see we're not that bad.

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2011, 04:47 AM
My first thought when I read about him being killed in Pakistan was that we must have surely violated international law in killing him. I also figured Pakistan would be pissed about it considering how they've been feeling about our drone attacks recently. Apparently the ISI was in on the operation though. I can't imagine the kind of pressure we must have put on the Pakistani government to allow us to carry out the operation.

Uh, am I'm a jerk for saying "who cares"? In this particular instance, with such a high value target, especially considering how shitty and undependable Pakistan has been to work with....I say storm in, guns blazing, damn Pakistan's permission. The US does missions similar to this in other countries all the time, but we never hear about them.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Uh, am I'm a jerk for saying "who cares"? In this particular instance, with such a high value target, especially considering how shitty and undependable Pakistan has been to work with....I say storm in, guns blazing, damn Pakistan's permission. The US does missions similar to this in other countries all the time, but we never hear about them.
Well, shit, I hope other countries don't hear about all that. The terrorist recruitment ads will basically write themselves: "Oh hey, do you disagree with America? That's too bad, because those dudes will just drop in and fuck your country up. Suck on that, sovereignty."

bt11763
05-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Im one of them. Well I can't tell you if Bin Laden has been dead for years or died yesterday or is still being proteced, who knows. But I am one of those "conspiracy fucks" and proud to be.:D Something If you actually listen to us you'll see we're not that bad.

http://myfacewhen.com/images/52.jpg

ChildrenofSodom
05-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Well, shit, I hope other countries don't hear about all that. The terrorist recruitment ads will basically write themselves: "Oh hey, do you disagree with America? That's too bad, because those dudes will just drop in and fuck your country up. Suck on that, sovereignty."

I'm really not being unreasonable. And I'm not going to back down from this position, no matter how Jingo/Republican/Hegemonic it makes me sound: Osama Bin Laden is a special circumstance. Pakistan wasn't "disagreeing" with the US on some topical issue. Their corrupt government and military was being uncooperative, and any prior warning about the raid would have made its way through the brass down to Osama, and he would have fled. I don't think that the framework of this situation can be lifted out and applied to another hypothetical. There isn't any target, of any country in the world today, comparable to Osama Bin Laden.

I'm in a super patriotic mood right now, so forgive me: The US has a right to pursue its self-interest and 99% of the time we should pursue them throw the legal bounds of the international system. But when push comes to shove, and you've got the shot - take it. I would rather deal with the repercussions of secretly raiding a house in a shitty, near-failed state like Pakistan than risk losing the opportunity. What right did the US have to invade Afghanistan or Iraq? We didn't, and I'm really surprised that this raid is being placed on the same level of discussion.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm really not being unreasonable. And I'm not going to back down from this position, no matter how Jingo/Republican/Hegemonic it makes me sound: Osama Bin Laden is a special circumstance. Pakistan wasn't "disagreeing" with the US on some topical issue. Their corrupt government and military was being uncooperative, and any prior warning about the raid would have made its way through the brass down to Osama, and he would have fled. I don't think that the framework of this situation can be lifted out and applied to another hypothetical. There isn't any target, of any country in the world today, comparable to Osama Bin Laden.

I'm in a super patriotic mood right now, so forgive me: The US has a right to pursue its self-interest and 99% of the time we should pursue them throw the legal bounds of the international system. But when push comes to shove, and you've got the shot - take it. I would rather deal with the repercussions of secretly raiding a house in a shitty, near-failed state like Pakistan than risk losing the opportunity. What right did the US have to invade Afghanistan or Iraq? We didn't, and I'm really surprised that this raid is being placed on the same level of discussion.
Frankly, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just pointing out how the other side of the world will easily interpret these and other American activities. I think it's obvious that Osama was not a strategic target, but a target with psychological value. If you want to get a raging America boner over our superior ability to spend $1.1 trillion and see the deaths of over 100,000 people, all in the name of defending our country and defeating terrorism, then by all means.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 09:10 AM
In Westchester, Harry Waizer, a survivor, paused nearly a minute before he began to speak when reached by phone.

“If this means there is one less death in the future, then I’m glad for that,” said Mr. Waizer, who was in an elevator riding to work in the north tower when the plane struck the building. He made it down the stairs, but suffered third-degree burns.

“But I just can’t find it in me to be glad one more person is dead, even if it is Osama Bin Laden.”

Asked whether he felt any closure, Mr. Waizer said, “I’ve said for years I didn’t think there would be, but I’ll probably need to think about that more, now that it actually happened.”

“You know, the dead are still dead,” he added. “So in that sense, there is no such thing as closure.”

He expected the reaction from surviving families to be varied. ”Many of them will be grateful he has finally been brought to justice,” Mr. Waizer said. “But many of them will feel that whatever the justice of this, it won’t bring back the people they lost.”

- http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/02/nyregion/amid-cheers-a-message-they-will-be-caught.html

powerslave_85
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
I think it's obvious that Osama was not a strategic target, but a target with psychological value.Disagree. He doesn't have the influence he once had, but to say he had no strategic value re: Al Qaeda is disingenuous.

Nick_to_the_face
05-02-2011, 09:51 AM

Obama had made a statement before that if there is enough intelligence on where he is at, and it leads to Pakistan, they're going in guns a blazin. Bugs me a it though that Pakistan denied he was there for so long:eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
05-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Ya' know, I've always wondered what type of social life you have.

EvilCheeseWedge
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Disagree. He doesn't have the influence he once had, but to say he had no strategic value re: Al Qaeda is disingenuous.

I didn't say he had no strategic value. But clearly he has more psychological value than strategic.

powerslave_85
05-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Maybe, but so what? Even if he's lost influence, he's still the mastermind, still the one who ordered the attacks. That never changed.

JRA
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM

Very.

Indestructible
05-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Ya' know, I've always wondered what type of social life you have.

Not a good one and before you blame the conspiracies know that I have always had a bad social life long before I got into any of this.

BloodoftheKings
05-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Not a good one and before you blame the conspiracies know that I have always had a bad social life long before I got into any of this.

The conspiracies still make things worse though.

Nick_to_the_face
05-02-2011, 01:36 PM
The conspiracies still make things worse though.

exactly

Indestructible
05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
exactly

It's not about what you say it's how you say. It's all about your approach. If you want to talk conspiracies you can't be like Alex Jones with the megaphone, you have to calmly tell people what you found out and even if they don't agree they will atleast listen and look at the info you present. I admitt I could use alittle work on that.

Nick_to_the_face
05-02-2011, 01:45 PM
It's not about what you say it's how you say. It's all about your approach. If you want to talk conspiracies you can't be like Alex Jones with the megaphone, you have to calmly tell people what you found out and even if they don't agree they will atleast listen and look at the info you present. I admitt I could use alittle work on that.

The way you say it isn't any good

masterguy49
05-02-2011, 03:48 PM
http://cdn.raywj.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_lkkvlfmLpU1qbnpp0o1_500.jpg

BloodoftheKings
05-02-2011, 04:05 PM
http://cdn.raywj.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_lkkvlfmLpU1qbnpp0o1_500.jpg

:lol:

elturtleboy
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM

LMFAO!

idrinkwine732
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I straight up believed that Osama was dead before yesterday. I heard of his myriad of health issues and how difficult it would be to keep him both hidden and alive. I just didn't see it happening, however, I believe that I have been corrected.

That may be the funniest thing I've read all day.

JRA
05-03-2011, 07:48 AM

:lol: :lol:

mastodon421
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM

This is genius.