PDA

View Full Version : BIG 4 YANKEE STADIUM

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157486

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/big4yankee.jpg

llama lom
04-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh fuck, of course it's when I'm in fucking school. And during baseball season? So are they not going to let people onto the field?

MPF
04-29-2011, 06:22 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Oh wait I'm in Wisconsin, I don't give a fuck.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm so fucking going. But holy shit I'm pissed that it's reserved seating only. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to get a Metclub membership or something, because I am not accepting anything but the best seats for this.

300%_Density
04-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Dammit. Screw the bronx. 2 words: Jerry Dome. Come down to Dallas instead. There might finally be something at Yankee Stadium more expensive than regular Yankees games. Didn't think it was possible.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
That flyer is so metal...

kommie
04-29-2011, 07:12 PM
StubHub will have all the tickets in 10 minutes time.

hellawaits77ny
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Can't wait!! Definately hitting this :rocker:

bt11763
04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
welp, i'll be there, hopefully not too much money :snivel:

honestly, i'm content with getting drunk in the cheap seats for this one :tp:

Steev
04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
hate the Yankees but I'm totally down

AND a member of Metclub, Megadeth Cyber Army, and Slaytanic Weirchmach :)

Steev
04-29-2011, 09:06 PM
hate the Yankees but I'm totally down

AND a member of Metclub, Megadeth Cyber Army, and Slaytanic Weirchmach :)

ShatteredFlame
04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Hoping it's not too much money either. Came up too quick.

TonyD
04-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Man if I had the time or money....

DisposableJustice
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Well congrats East coasters I'm glad you got one finally...but Yankee stadium? Don't you guys have a big ass field anywhere on the east coast?

Glad I did the Big 4 West edition:eyes:

hellawaits77ny
04-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Well congrats East coasters I'm glad you got one finally...but Yankee stadium? Don't you guys have a big ass field anywhere on the east coast?

Dude, all of the shithole known as Upstate NY is a field ;). But hey, we're getting a show, so I can't complain.

I think we can probably expect to pay ~$100 for the best seats, and ~$50 for the nosebleeds.

llama lom
04-29-2011, 10:54 PM

Yankee Stadium was the last place I was expecting this. There had to be bigger places that were available.

powerslave_85
04-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Yankee Stadium was the last place I was expecting this. There had to be bigger places that were available.
Yeah, my money was on the New Meadowlands. It's on a Wednesday, so it's not like there's going to be a Jets or Giants game.

kommie
04-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Maybe StubHub urged em to do yankee stadium since those asshats usually have all the Yankee's tickets.

mastodon421
04-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Man I can't make this, I'm back in school by then and it's the middle of the week:(

IrritatedTrout
04-30-2011, 09:53 AM
I'll be in Europe so no Big 4 for me. I'm sure it'll be a great show but having this on Wednesday in the city with no GA seems like an awful idea.

illuminatus917
04-30-2011, 10:10 AM
I'll be in Europe so no Big 4 for me. I'm sure it'll be a great show but having this on Wednesday in the city with no GA seems like an awful idea.

I'll bet the turnout is meh.

velvetgrass
04-30-2011, 01:54 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Oh wait I'm in Wisconsin, I don't give a fuck.

Yeah, same here. They've got to come to Chicago sometime! I don't really have my hopes up for that though :eyes:

jd091
04-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, same here. They've got to come to Chicago sometime! I don't really have my hopes up for that though :eyes:

THHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS SSSSSS

jaysadler2
04-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Will be shit in a stadium

makethemsuffer12
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I'll bet the turnout is meh.

Did the fact that Metallica is playing escape your mind?

illuminatus917
04-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Did the fact that Metallica is playing escape your mind?

Oh yeah, I forgot they were part of the Big 4.

Nah, I bet the turnout is decent. It just doesn't seem like an ideal setup for a Big 4 show.

makethemsuffer12
04-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot they were part of the Big 4.

Nah, I bet the turnout is decent. It just doesn't seem like an ideal setup for a Big 4 show.

It's not. But people will still show up. Metallica will sell out/near sell out whenever/wherever they play.

BloodoftheKings
04-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Metallica will sell out/near sell out whenever/wherever they play.

Maybe not in Buffalo.

Indestructible
04-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Maybe not in Buffalo.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/zeoz9/UMADBRO.jpg

Sanitarium78
04-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Maybe not in Buffalo.

Every time they play here they always draw a huge crowd. Forget all the crap Indestrucltible says about Buffalo. The people always show up for concerts around here. The main issue is getting some bands to play here, not getting people to show up.

makethemsuffer12
04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Every time they play here they always draw a huge crowd. Forget all the crap Indestrucltible says about Buffalo. The people always show up for concerts around here. The main issue is getting some bands to play here, not getting people to show up.

:lol: He was joking. The whole "every band is underground in Buffalo" thing is pretty much a meme here.

Sanitarium78
04-30-2011, 07:42 PM
:lol: He was joking. The whole "every band is underground in Buffalo" thing is pretty much a meme here.

I know. I was just trying to set the record straight about the concert scene around here.

makethemsuffer12
05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
From Metallica's website:

You asked for it, you got it!! We read your posts, e-mails, tweets and saw the pleas for a general admission floor at this show, so ask and you shall receive! We know you won’t be sitting down for one second, so here’s how it will work – the floor will be divided into two sections, literally a front and a back (simple, uh?).

Ticket prices are as follows:

Front G.A. floor: $225
Back G.A. floor: $175
Reserved lower level seats: $119
Upper deck reserved seats: $90
Additional Ticketmaster and facility fees will be applied.

jd091
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Jesus Christ, thats a lot. Is anyone here willing to pay that much for the front GA?

Sepultura69
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
back (simple, uh?).

So which one are you getting? GA or seats? If I was living in N.Y. I would go to this in a heart beat. I wouldn't mind shelling out a couple of 100's if I got the cash flow. Forget the haters, I had a blast at this show in California and I'm sure it will be just as epic at the yankee stadium :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
05-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm getting that front GA. There's is no way in fucking Hell I'm going to accept seeing my top 3 all-time favorite bands + Anthrax in anything but the best available option.

Sepultura69
05-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm getting that front GA. There's is no way in fucking Hell I'm going to accept seeing my top 3 all-time favorite bands + Anthrax in anything but the best available option.

Yeah the floor is the way to go. I'm sure its going to get pretty hectic and crazy during Metallica and slayers set. At the big four show here in California there were motha fuckin' fire pits all around me during metallicas set. I never thought I'd see the day where There would be all out moshing and fire pits at a metallica show(because the other 5 times I saw them the crowed was SUPER tame and there were no moshing what so ever), I would say there crowed was a little more intense and crazy than slayers set for this show(there were no fire pits or anything like that at all during their set).

makethemsuffer12
05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah the floor is the way to go. I'm sure its going to get pretty hectic and crazy during Metallica and slayers set. At the big four show here in California there were motha fuckin' fire pits all around me during metallicas set. I never thought I'd see the day where There would be all out moshing and fire pits at a metallica show(because the other 5 times I saw them the crowed was SUPER tame and there were no moshing what so ever), I would say there crowed was a little more intense and crazy than slayers set for this show(there were no fire pits or anything like that at all during there set).

Wow, I'm surprised. Unfortunately, I don't expect the same for the NY show, especially at Yankee Stadium. But I'm gonna try and get rail for this, and if not, I'll start motherfucking pits if I don't see any.

ShatteredFlame
05-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm part of the crowd who would just go just to say I was there but fuck it if it's going to be at those prices.

I don't even think Eminem/Jay-Z was that expensive when they played there last year.

kommie
05-02-2011, 03:33 PM
At those prices, I can't imagine what the fuck they're gonna be on StubHub, as I'm sure tons will be there.

BloodoftheKings
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
If i'm going (which is very unlikely by the look of those prices) i'm getting the cheap seats. If I see Anthrax headline i'll be good, I think they hype the big 4 shows to be more then they really are. You could have gone to American Carnage and a Metallica headline show for cheaper then one ticket to this show.

DementedX14
05-02-2011, 04:11 PM

:scared:
Damn those ticket prices are expensive, I hope I have enough cash if they announce a midwest show.

DisposableJustice
05-02-2011, 04:15 PM
From Metallica's website:

You asked for it, you got it!! We read your posts, e-mails, tweets and saw the pleas for a general admission floor at this show, so ask and you shall receive! We know you won’t be sitting down for one second, so here’s how it will work – the floor will be divided into two sections, literally a front and a back (simple, uh?).

HOLY FUCKBALLS :eek:

Damn I got a deal with the Big 4 west

The only reason I can think of the GA being so expensive is the fact it is Yankee Stadium

Well kudos to those who are going I am sure you will have fun

hellawaits77ny
05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Wow, those aren't cheap. I was considering trying to film from the floor, but looks like I'll be getting seats instead.

llama lom
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah fuck that, definitely not going now.

Steev
05-02-2011, 05:39 PM
expensive, but kinda expected that, nice to see the floor will be GA(well, kinda)

and that it's partially seperated so people don't get trampled

MPF
05-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I really feel sorry for anyone going to this that's not going for free.

Those prices are insane.

Steev
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I really feel sorry for anyone going to this that's not going for free.

Those prices are insane.

Except for the fact that they're seeing The Big 4

MPF
05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Except for the fact that they're seeing The Big 4

I've seen them individually (except Anthrax) and payed less then the Front GA Floor. And I know I had a much better time then seeing all 4 in one show.

Every year I want to go to ProgPower, but I don't want to spend over a grand just to enjoy a festival.

Besides the Big 4 DVD is already out, and I don't have to put up with the asshole moshers. That's win-win for me.

bt11763
05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
i'm probably going, lower level seats. friend of mine is gonna pay for my ticket since i'm selling her a laptop.

Steev
05-03-2011, 05:15 AM
I've seen them individually (except Anthrax) and payed less then the Front GA Floor. And I know I had a much better time then seeing all 4 in one show.

Every year I want to go to ProgPower, but I don't want to spend over a grand just to enjoy a festival.

Besides the Big 4 DVD is already out, and I don't have to put up with the asshole moshers. That's win-win for me.

it's a cliche answer but it's ALOT different in person

yes, there will be ALOT of assholes in the crowd, but who knows if these bands will ever do this again

Steev
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm just gonna throw this out there too, if Gary Holt is still filling in for Slayer at this show they should add Exodus, even if its just a small opening slot

or even get Sepultura on since Andreas is filling in for Scott Ian on the European Big 4 dates this summer

girnny777
05-03-2011, 07:34 AM
Probably just going to go for upper level seating, assuming it isn't obstructed view seating.

Steev
05-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Probably just going to go for upper level seating, assuming it isn't obstructed view seating.

I'm assuming the view is fine, probably have video screens too

I'm coming from Philly so I'm just saying fuck it and trying for floor tickets(apparently both the Metallica and Megadeth fanclubs have sent presale info)

MetalMarkLI
05-03-2011, 12:59 PM
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/components/ticketing/thebig_four_map.pdf

Heres a seating chart. These prices are absolutely absurd, I'm sorry. Considering ive seen Metallica 2x and Slayer, and i couldnt give a shit about Megadeth or Anthrax. im definitely not going. i was planning on it, and i would've loved to been there at the stadium, but not with those prices for GA.

Steev
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
and i couldnt give a shit about Megadeth or Anthrax.

you're missing out

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I had $165, but I spent it all on Maryland Deathfest passes. Voivod, Coroner, Neurosis and Nuke Assault are kinda like the Big Four - except better! Guess I'll just have to pretend. But at least I won't have to look up at some jumbotron the whole time. Plus, Slayer's totally playing a headlining concert in Pittsburgh in July. Megadeth's also coming here.

So yeah, I feel sorry for whoever has to pay money to go to this.

Steev
05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I had $165, but I spent it all on Maryland Deathfest passes. Voivod, Coroner, Neurosis and Nuke Assault are kinda like the Big Four - except better! Guess I'll just have to pretend. But at least I won't have to look up at some jumbotron the whole time. Plus, Slayer's totally playing a headlining concert in Pittsburgh in July. Megadeth's also coming here.

So yeah, I feel sorry for whoever has to pay money to go to this.

I understand choosing not to go because of cost, but "feeling sorry" for someone going is a really stupid statement

BlackmoreOfBowling
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Not hatin', just sayin'.

Sepultura69
05-03-2011, 03:41 PM
I understand choosing not to go because of cost, but "feeling sorry" for someone going is a really stupid statement
I concur, good sir. :fist:

Steev
05-03-2011, 03:55 PM
I concur, good sir. :fist:

much oblige

I mean yeah Im not crazy about paying that much, but in the past other bands have charged that much just for them

hellawaits77ny
05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah, they aren't cheap, but people have to realize this is New York City. Shit is just expensive down there, plain and simple. Personally, I think the GA tix are a bit much, but $120 for lower level seats isn't terrible for something like this IMO.

Steev
05-04-2011, 07:10 AM
FRONT PIT!!!!!

I know they cost alot but Im so fucking excited!!!!!

AnthG
05-04-2011, 08:16 AM
These prices actually aren't that far off from what tickets cost for Summer Sanitarium 03. I remember my friend was in the upper bowl of the Skydome for that show and he payed close to $90 for his ticket.

Steev
05-04-2011, 08:41 AM
These prices actually aren't that far off from what tickets cost for Summer Sanitarium 03. I remember my friend was in the upper bowl of the Skydome for that show and he payed close to $90 for his ticket.

Wow I paid like 85 for pit

AnthG
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I just looked up how much tickets were and the most they were were $85. Either he lied about his section, his ticket price, or just got incredibly ripped off. I'll have to ask him about that show and see if he still has that ticket stub.

Steev
05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I just looked up how much tickets were and the most they were were $85. Either he lied about his section, his ticket price, or just got incredibly ripped off. I'll have to ask him about that show and see if he still has that ticket stub.

I've had pit the 4 previous times I've seen them and never paid more than 80 something(pre surcharges) the fan club usually does a good job

TonyD
05-04-2011, 11:40 AM

In Canadian money?

makethemsuffer12
05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
I got GA tix. Not sure if it's front or back, though (my friend's dad bought them).

scrunt
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
So Metallica fan club members and Yankee season ticket holders get presales today but Megadeth and Slayer fan club members don't get presales until tomorrow? Not that it affects me; I live out west and I went to Indio.:confused:

llama lom
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
For those of you in the front pit, say hi to Richard Christy for me.

Steev
05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
So Metallica fan club members and Yankee season ticket holders get presales today but Megadeth and Slayer fan club members don't get presales until tomorrow? Not that it affects me; I live out west and I went to Indio.:confused:

I'm sure each group got an alotment of Pit tickets

Wrathchild_84
05-21-2011, 12:51 PM
For those of you in the front pit, say hi to Richard Christy for me.

I plan to ask him if he wants another go in the tickle chair

hellawaits77ny
09-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Getting close to this. Who is for sure going? Maybe we could meet up and have a few beers if there's a bunch of us.

Steev
09-02-2011, 05:33 AM
Getting close to this. Who is for sure going? Maybe we could meet up and have a few beers if there's a bunch of us.

The Hard Rock inside the stadium is throwing an Anthrax pre-show party

Sepultura69
09-02-2011, 11:11 AM

post slayers set asap fo shizzle, grizzle. I'm jelly for those who are going, I had a fucking blast at the big four in april. I don't care what the haters who didnt go were bitching about but I had a great time. It was an epic night indeed. :rocker:

MPF
09-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Richard Christy is muh fAAAAAAAAAAAAAAvorite

Maideneer
09-10-2011, 03:44 AM
Just found GA VIP tickets through Ticketmaster. Too much $ for not enough value for me, but they are still selling them apparently.

makethemsuffer12
09-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Just found GA VIP tickets through Ticketmaster. Too much $ for not enough value for me, but they are still selling them apparently.

Yeah they released more tickets, which pissed me off since I got my regular GA tickets on the day of the presale. I was damn willing to pay the extra 50 for the VIP.

Maideneer
09-10-2011, 08:56 AM
If the Stadium is running at normal staff levels Wednesday, they have a ticket booth where you can do upgrades on your current seat, try that.

makethemsuffer12
09-10-2011, 09:51 AM
If the Stadium is running at normal staff levels Wednesday, they have a ticket booth where you can do upgrades on your current seat, try that.

Eh, I don't really have the cash for that now. Oh well, at least don't have seats!

Maideneer
09-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I have a seat :) And my 5'6" frame will enjoy every minute of being elevated as I always get stuck behind the 7' tall dude at every GA show.

Maideneer
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM
HOLY GODDAMN DOG SHIT.

$45 for parking for ONE CAR this Wednesday at the Stadium...and to self-park it!
$58 for valet parking
$150 for coach buses

I really hate this. Now I have to take the train which is gonna take FOREVER, damn it.

BlackmoreOfBowling
09-12-2011, 09:04 AM
HOLY GODDAMN DOG SHIT.

*Gaggle*

Sepultura69
09-12-2011, 10:49 AM
HOLY GODDAMN DOG SHIT.

$45 for parking for ONE CAR this Wednesday at the Stadium...and to self-park it!
$58 for valet parking
$150 for coach buses

I really hate this. Now I have to take the train which is gonna take FOREVER, damn it.

Luckily I took a 60 dollar shuttle there and back to the big four show in Cali. It was worth it and much better than driving there myself and having to pay mass cashloads for parking. :D

Oh yeah. Hope everyone has a great time at the show in N.Y, SLLLLAYYYYERawh!!!! :rocker:

Maiden33
09-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I have a seat :) And my 5'6" frame will enjoy every minute of being elevated as I always get stuck behind the 7' tall dude at every GA show.

I'm 6'3" and even I get stuck behind the 7' tall guy at every GA show, it's like it's payback for being tall.

christopher
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM
HOLY GODDAMN DOG SHIT.

$58 for valet parking
$150 for coach buses

Damn, that is fucked up. I got a pit ticket for my show and it automatically upgraded me to VIP, which included free VIP parking.

DisposableJustice
09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
HOLY GODDAMN DOG SHIT.

$58 for valet parking
$150 for coach buses

Ouch babe

Again like Sep I took the bus to the show for 60 bucks

then again this is New York:eyes:

treghet
09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
God damn those prices are insane.

gilpdawg
09-13-2011, 03:14 AM
So, uh, what about that rumor going around that Megadeth may not be playing?

http://t.co/Wvz0Qsw

I don't know about that. I'm sure somebody at that show knows their material well enough to step in and help them out and Dave could just sing. Kerry King or somebody. This is the Big 4 show, you've gotta do a set, unless there's a death in the family or something like that.

toolfansat
09-13-2011, 03:50 AM
First of all... as of this morning, Megadeth IS playing!

As for parking... fuck it. I'm taking the party cruise up from Manhattan to the Bronx - only $25! There might still be room...
http://rocksoff.com/shows/1253

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 04:17 AM

:fist:

ravenheart
09-13-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm 6'3" and even I get stuck behind the 7' tall guy at every GA show, it's like it's payback for being tall.

Good! ;)

Concert crowds should be like school class/year photos. All the tall people should stand at the back and then it decreases in height down to the front.

gilpdawg
09-13-2011, 04:51 AM

As for parking... fuck it. I'm taking the party cruise up from Manhattan to the Bronx - only $25! There might still be room...

Yeah, I saw that Blabbermouth updated the post after I posted that.

Maideneer
09-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Yea, and the subway is only $2.25. It's a 90 minute cruise and cash bar...pffff, they don't even give you a beer on the house to start.

Maideneer
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
GA VIP still available through Ticketmaster for all those interested.

es156
09-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Good! ;)

Concert crowds should be like school class/year photos. All the tall people should stand at the back and then it decreases in height down to the front.

I agree.

Thrasher-NY
09-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Can't wait for this show tomorrow....should be an awesome spectacle!

Butcher of Birth
09-13-2011, 10:44 PM
I agree.

Eric you have no say in the matter! Think of the women and children? My little girlfriend would need me up front with her, correct? ;)

es156
09-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Eric you have no say in the matter! Think of the women and children? My little girlfriend would need me up front with her, correct? ;)

It looked like she was protecting you at the Maiden show in Tampa.

;)

Butcher of Birth
09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
It looked like she was protecting you at the Maiden show in Tampa.

;)

:eyes: Uh... Well...

DisposableJustice
09-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I want to wish all of you going a great time; Even though I went to the CA show I will say I am still a bit jealous since I had a blast at the first US Big 4

*rant time*

I wish they would do more dates in US/Canada it would work I image tonight will be sold out or very close

*rant end*

Looking forward to the sets, wonder what song they Jam on at the end

es156
09-15-2011, 10:20 AM
:eyes: Uh... Well...

:lol:

Your girlfriend is a rocker! :fist:

Back on topic, I am somewhat shocked/disappointed that they did not do any shows anywhere in the midwest.

dcmetal108
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm waiting. I know there will be a Chicago show. It'd be dumb if there wasn't one. That'd sell like crazy.

treghet
09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
:lol:

Your girlfriend is a rocker! :fist:

Back on topic, I am somewhat shocked/disappointed that they did not do any shows anywhere in the midwest.

Elsewhere somebody mentioned that there was rumor they might do one in Dallas. Not sure if that has any merit though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just some fan page set up on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/TheBig4Texas