PDA

View Full Version : SLIPKNOT Will Carry On 'With Or Without' COREY TAYLOR

Indestructible
04-29-2011, 10:08 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157466

IrritatedTrout
04-29-2011, 10:11 AM
That's a shame.

llama lom
04-29-2011, 10:16 AM
If Corey leaves, it'll be the end of Slipknot. They won't be able to find anyone suitable to replace him, and I feel like people would abandon Slipknot if it lost two of its key members.

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2011, 10:50 AM
If Corey left I don't think anyone would continue to support this band.

brutal_descent
04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
You've got to be fucking kidding me.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
It would suck if Corey left, considering he is the face/voice of Slipknot, but I don't think the majority of their fans would abandon ship if it ever happened. Like 'em or not (I'm definitely for the latter, though I consider my self a fan, just not a "maggot":tp:), Slipknot fans are fucking dedicated. If he ever left, I see it as an opportunity to get someone better. Even though Corey's voice is unique and instantly recognizable, he was never the best live, at least since the Vol. 3 touring cycle.

ravenheart
04-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Wait, what's going on now?

kommie
04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't mind it, maybe the next CD wouldn't be absolute shit.

mankvill
04-29-2011, 12:53 PM
omg you mean there can't be two stone sours?!$#?!@?

hellawaits77ny
04-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope they do decide to carry on if that POS Corey quits. Unfortunately, I don't think it will work out.

MPF
04-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Presented by Roadrunner Records and Over The Edge Productions.

Slipknot: The Spirit Carries On

The search for Slipknots new drummer....I mean singer. Featuring 7 of the worlds best singer/screamers: Howard Jones, Glen Benton, Axl Rose, Sammy Hagar, M. Shadows, Phil Anselmo, and that one guy from Attack Attack!

Episode 1 coming April 2012.

kommie
04-29-2011, 01:40 PM
omg you mean there can't be two stone sours?!$#?!@?

honestly, that's what Slipknot's last CD sounded like, if I wanna listen to Stone Sour, I'd listen to Stone Sour.

slapguitarer
04-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Presented by Roadrunner Records and Over The Edge Productions.

Slipknot: The Spirit Carries On

The search for Slipknots new drummer....I mean singer. Featuring 7 of the worlds best singer/screamers: Howard Jones, Glen Benton, Axl Rose, Sammy Hagar, M. Shadows, Phil Anselmo, and that one guy from Attack Attack!

Episode 1 coming April 2012.

:lol:

llama lom
04-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I really don't know how all 9 of them agreed to sound exactly like one of their side projects. The change from Vol. 3 to AHIG was pretty drastic.

The most disappointing thing was hearing Gematria in the beginning and thinking "Holy fuck this is going to be epic!" then getting ballad after ballad.

ravenheart
04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Shame their last CD is easily their best, huh?

kommie
04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Shame their last CD is easily their best, huh?

troll post? or are you somehow serious?

christopher
04-29-2011, 02:35 PM
YES! Bring back Anders!!! He was this shit!

ravenheart
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
troll post? or are you somehow serious?

I, and rather a lot of other people, are completely serious.

It's about time they grew up. They just need to wait a little longer for their fans to do the same.

kommie
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I, and rather a lot of other people, are completely serious.

It's about time they grew up. They just need to wait a little longer for their fans to do the same.

so then should Cannibal Corpse stop writing songs and killing, rape and whatever else they sing about? should Slayer start singing Hymns?

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
so then should Cannibal Corpse stop writing songs and killing, rape and whatever else they sing about? should Slayer start singing Hymns?

You have a point, but the whole "RAHHHH FUCK EVERYTHING SUCK THESE NUTS" kind of thing got old after a while. And even besides lyrical content, their music has matured as well on the last two releases. Vol. 3 is my favorite Slipknot album for that very reason (AHIG is close, but it has just a few too many clunkers for it to take the #1 spot). I definitely respect them from saying fuck and shit just about every other word to not even having a single expletive on the last two albums.

Indestructible
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
The most disappointing thing was hearing Gematria in the beginning and thinking "Holy fuck this is going to be epic!" then getting ballad after ballad.

There's ballad after ballad on All Hope Is Gone? The only ballad I remember is Snuff, and a very good one it is.

llama lom
04-29-2011, 03:21 PM
There's ballad after ballad on All Hope Is Gone? The only ballad I remember is Snuff, and a very good one it is.

Ok that was a bit of an exaggeration, but there was definitely more clean singing than I was anticipating, and it kind of annoyed me a bit.

ravenheart
04-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Wait, did you just make a valid and accurate point?

Well, that's that then. Metalsetlists is doomed. Nice knowing you all.

ravenheart
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Ok that was a bit of an exaggeration, but there was definitely more clean singing than I was anticipating, and it kind of annoyed me a bit.

Yeah, definitely more clean singing. But I think they got the balance right. The songs are far more mature and far more structured.

llama lom
04-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, definitely more clean singing. But I think they got the balance right. The songs are far more mature and far more structured.

I actually preferred the balance on Vol. 3 compared to AHIG. I can understand that they were trying to mature, but I think there are ways to do it while still keeping the same intensity they had on previous records.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 03:31 PM
AHIG has some of Slipknot's most straight forward metal songs. Gematria, This Cold Black, Psychosocial, and The title track all destroy and are some of the best songs they've ever released.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
If Corey leaves, it'll be the end of Slipknot. They won't be able to find anyone suitable to replace him, and I feel like people would abandon Slipknot if it lost two of its key members.

And nothing of value was lost...

larvtard
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
AHIG has some of Slipknot's most straight forward metal songs. Gematria, This Cold Black, Psychosocial, and The title track all destroy and are some of the best songs they've ever released.

Actually, I despise Psychosocial. Gematria and the title track are amazing, though. In fact, the title track is probably the heaviest thing they've ever done. And that's not just by their standards; it really is heavy as fuck.

I liked AHIG much more than other people though. I hated Dead Memories but Snuff is...beautiful :eyes: This Cold Black is great, Sulfur and Wherein Lies Continue are awesome, Vendetta and Butcher's Hook are solid as well, maybe just a bit mediocre.

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2011, 03:55 PM
I stopped listening to Slipknot a little after AHIG came out, i'm sorry but that is just one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

Indestructible
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
All Hope is Gone is my favorite Slipknot album. Gematria, All Hope Is Gone and Snuff are some of the best songs they have ever written IMO. I still like Slipknot and Iowa but alot of you guys are right they have matured since those albums.

Indestructible
04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I stopped listening to Slipknot a little after AHIG came out, i'm sorry but that is just one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

Why do people have a problem with Vol.3 and All Hope Is Gone? I still love Slipknot and Iowa but people are right alot of the lyrics do seem to reach 15 year olds in highschool who hate everything.

BloodoftheKings
04-29-2011, 04:11 PM
If they're trying to be mature why would they still where costumes?

Indestructible
04-29-2011, 04:20 PM

Good point, but they have matured lyrically and it's probably too late now to drop the costumes.

makethemsuffer12
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
The masks have been such an important part of the band, especially in the beginning when it came to getting noticed. Whether you like it or not, image is very important in the music industry and Slipknot's is obviously very well known and represents Slipknot as a brand. All business aside, though, I do sometimes wish they would drop the masks, especially since everyone knows what they look like now, but at the same time the 15 year old in me would be slightly disappointed (it adds a bit to the live spectacle as well). Oh well, at least they got rid of the baggy jumpsuits.

hellawaits77ny
04-29-2011, 07:48 PM
The title track is definately one of Slipknot's all-time best songs. Psychosocial and Gematria are 2 more great ones, but other than that......eh. I think the rest pretty much blew.

AnthG
04-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Volume 3 is their best album in my opinion, but AHIG is too much of a mixed bag. And not even because It isn't as heavy as like Iowa or something, but because a lot of the songs are just incredibly miss, even the "heavy" ones like Butcher's Hook and Wherein Lies Continue. Vendetta is also kind of "meh" as well. It's a shame too because that album kicks off incredibly well with Gematria and Sulfur.

mastodon421
04-30-2011, 07:56 AM
All Hope Is Gone is my favorite Slipknot record as well. It combined the best elements from all of their record. Gemartia, This Cold Black, Wherein Lies Continue, and Sulfur are easily among the best songs they have ever done. It's actually kind of funny you guys mention the title track, that's my least favorite song on the entire album:eyes:

Indestructible
04-30-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't get why people have to hate the last two Slipknot albums, can't you make up your own mind and not follow what everyone else is doing? Im not saying that's the case with everyone but I have seen alot of people who hate the last two Slipknot albums and they seem like they hate them because that's how everyone else thinks.

larvtard
04-30-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't get why people have to hate the last two Slipknot albums, can't you make up your own mind and not follow what everyone else is doing? Im not saying that's the case with everyone but I have seen alot of people who hate the last two Slipknot albums and they seem like they hate them because that's how everyone else thinks.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Idiot:tp:

xskizzelzx90x
04-30-2011, 08:22 AM

say that to gwar...
oh, and this whole thing about "with or without corey taylor" is a scary thought. bleh

BloodoftheKings
04-30-2011, 09:09 AM
say that to gwar...
oh, and this whole thing about "with or without corey taylor" is a scary thought. bleh

But GWAR was never trying to be mature. The costumes still and always did fit the music.

BloodoftheKings
04-30-2011, 09:15 AM

ok, I'll make up my own mind by thinking the same way as you and the other posters in this thread. I didn't hear anyone else's opinion on AHIG before I heard it, and I went in thinking it was gonna be amazing, and I hated it. At what point was I being influenced by the opinion of the tr00 fans? Most Slipknot fans think the last 2 albums are their best anyway so I don't know where your getting "everybody else" from.

christopher
04-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Am I the only one here who things Mate Feed Kill Repeat was their best release? I had another release that came out between MFKR and the first full length that had Anders and Corey both singing on it but don't remember what it was called, found it on a Slipknot fan site a long time ago

AnthG
04-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I personally can't stand MFKR. Anders voice pissed me off and the quality of that album just stunk, and the songs weren't even that good. I know ton of people love it but I could never see the appeal.

llama lom
04-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Am I the only one here who things Mate Feed Kill Repeat was their best release? I had another release that came out between MFKR and the first full length that had Anders and Corey both singing on it but don't remember what it was called, found it on a Slipknot fan site a long time ago

Crows?

christopher
04-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Crows?

Yeah its Crowz, you can listen to it here

http://www.slipknot-metal.com/main.php

combustion07
04-30-2011, 06:39 PM

This. I think the need to get Anders back and play something similar to MFKR.