PDA

View Full Version : California Discord Los Angeles Festival 2011

christopher
04-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Woohoo!!! Dropdead!!!!! Life is great!! I'm soo fucking excited to see them!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/228777_121597941255596_100002161732396_174131_7264 318_n.jpg

CALIFORNIA DISCORD FESTIVAL 2011 - LOS ANGELES,CALIFORNIA.
CDF IS A 2-DAY PUNK FESTIVAL FOR PUNKS BY PUNKS!

SATURDAY,SEPTEMBER 24TH & SATURDAY,SEPTEMBER 25TH.

California Discord is the first of many yearly D.I.Y festival's to come, showcasing the best in underground music from all over. We will be having a raffle in between each bands set with great prizes!

The Vortex
2341 East Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles,CA (Downtown L.A)
ALL AGES

$25.00 PER DAY
$40.00 2-DAY PASS
Ticket Sold At https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/178753

Bands Confirmed So Far:
RATTUS (Finland)- Exclusive U.S Show & Last Rattus Performance ever.
DROPDEAD (RI)-Exclusive West Coast Show
GHOUL (Creepsylvania)
MANGE (CA)
RESISTANT CULTURE (CA)
DESPISE YOU (CA)
MURDER CONSTRUCT (CA)
LACK OF INTEREST (CA)
BUMBKLAATT (CA/MEX)
DIATRIBE (CA)
RESIST AND EXIST (CA)
COACCION(CA/MEX)
MASSAKRO(CA/MEX)
BLOODY PHOENIX (CA)
DESTROY JUDAS (CA)
DESTROYED IN SECONDS (CA)
HOLOKAUST (CA)
TEMPLE OF DAGON (CA)
DEMINISHING DEVICE (CA)

+A VERY VERY SPECIAL GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presented By Bones Booking & HPLC
Booking Contact:
www.facebook.com/bonesbooking
bonesbooking@gmail.com
kyle.hertz@gmail.com

Vendor Contact:
JackieBlatz@gmail.com

mankvill
04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
GHOUL (Creepsylvania)
DESPISE YOU (CA)
MURDER CONSTRUCT (CA)
LACK OF INTEREST (CA)

sexy

Wizzbang11
04-25-2011, 08:44 PM
im all over this shit

elturtleboy
04-25-2011, 09:14 PM
im going for sure.

treghet
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
This has my interest. Ghoul and Murder Construct!

christopher
04-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Dropdead for me is like Anal Cunt for Eturtle. I want to check out Bumbklaatt since I missed them last time they came to town. I need to check out Rattus asap. I'm happy Ghould, Lack, MC and Despise You is on this bill too.

christopher
04-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I hope DFA from Canada is added, they're the sickest band I've heard in a while and fit the lineup well.

elturtleboy
04-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Theyre not listed But Temple Of Dagon will be playing this since the bass player is hosting this. This is gonna be so crust its gonna smell like ass:ass:

christopher
04-26-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm really hoping Bastard Noise doesn't play but I'm sure they will

Bones Booking
04-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Hey,

Thanks for posting this!
We will have more bands announced i believe this weekend, and same as the price and pre-sale. Please keep in mind the Doll Hut is an outside stage and if you are 21+ you may go inside the bar and drink, it is a separate area. And the ticket sales are limited,especially the pre-sale ones.

So please be sure to purchase your ticket as soon as we announce it,it will sell out for sure.

Cheers!

Daniel
Bones Booking
California Discord Festival 2011
www.facebook.com/californiadiscord
www.facebook.com/bonesbooking

christopher
05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Here is info on the battle of the bands for the opening slot. I'm sure ACXDC will win

The lineups for the battles are as follows. Show details (date, location, etc) will be announced shortly. Stay tuned!

1st show
acxdc
tension
internal corrosion
eat the living
professor panyck's schizo circus

2nd show
colombian necktie
duke nukem forever
get greens
burn idols
goner

christopher
05-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Looks like the show was moved to the Vortex in LA because of the overwhelming response. They also announced that Rattus will play their final show at this fest with the original line up. Tickets will go on sale soon and the final band will be announced soon.

christopher
05-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Heres an update, tickets go on sale tomorrow, Mange(Dytopia, Phobia) just got added

Edit: Woah I just realized Todd and Dino are going to be playing this fest at some point. All they need is Matt and they're "Special Surprise Guest" could potentially be Dystopia!! *crosses fingers*

elturtleboy
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Bands Confirmed So Far:
RATTUS (Finland)- Exclusive U.S Show & Last Rattus Performance ever.
GHOUL (Creepsylvania)
RESISTANT CULTURE (CA)
DESPISE YOU (CA)
MURDER CONSTRUCT (CA)
LACK OF INTEREST (CA)
BLOODY PHOENIX (CA)
DESTROYED IN SECONDS (CA)
HOLOKAUST (CA)
TEMPLE OF DAGON (CA)

+A VERY VERY SPECIAL GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

It was 20 for one day yesterday. I guess they raised it to 25 so it would be smarter to go both days. Arrrrg they got me. I need cash for this.

Im so hoping special guest is Doom. But i have a feeling its dystopia

christopher
05-19-2011, 01:36 PM

It was 20 for one day yesterday. I guess they raised it to 25 so it would be smarter to go both days. Arrrrg they got me. I need cash for this.

Bastards! They shouldn't have raised the price. I seriously doubt its Doom. Doom is barely playing their first LA show next month, I doubt they would come back 3 months later. I really really hope its Dystopia, but who knows. They said they would never play ever again. Imagine if its Rudimentary Peni:drool: if its Bastard Noise, I'm going to kick a baby.

Travis The Dragon
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Damn, I wish MN. would get things like this! Even though I've never heard of any of those bands, I'd go just to check them out and discover new music.

Bones Booking
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Hello,

1.We Never said it was going to be $20.00. We posted on Wednesday that it was $25.00 per day and $40-2 Day Pass and that we would post further information of ticket sales in a day or so. And we did. Price has not changed.

2.It's not Doom, would be great, but why have them if they're already playing here in 2 weeks? And no it's not BN. So......... ;)

christopher
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
2.It's not Doom, would be great, but why have them if they're already playing here in 2 weeks? And no it's not BN. So......... ;)

I figured it wouldn't be Doom. No point in having them come back so soon. Thank you! There have been way too many times lately where they say very special surprise guest and it turns out to be Doom :hecho: Hmmm not turning down our Dystopia rumor ehh? haha I'm just messing with you

elturtleboy
05-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello,

1.We Never said it was going to be $20.00. We posted on Wednesday that it was $25.00 per day and $40-2 Day Pass and that we would post further information of ticket sales in a day or so. And we did. Price has not changed.

Sorry i guess i was blind or something. my mistake. This will be huge

christopher
05-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I just order my two day pass :rocker:

Bones Booking
05-21-2011, 04:42 PM
No worries guys! :)
Thanks for supporting CDF!

treghet
05-21-2011, 05:55 PM
No worries guys! :)
Thanks for supporting CDF!

Do you happen to know what bands will be playing on each day yet? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I can make it on Sunday. :(

christopher
05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Do you happen to know what bands will be playing on each day yet? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I can make it on Sunday. :(

The only thing posted so far is that Rattus is Saturday and Dropdead is Sunday

treghet
05-21-2011, 07:13 PM
The only thing posted so far is that Rattus is Saturday and Dropdead is Sunday

Cool, thanks. I really hope Lack of Interest plays on Saturday, but I might find a way to make it to both days. Time will tell...

christopher
05-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Cool, thanks. I really hope Lack of Interest plays on Saturday, but I might find a way to make it to both days. Time will tell...

Wait, what? The day Lack of Interest determines what day you are going?? That's kind of ridiculous. They're scheduled two shows in the next month, and play almost every big power violence show out here every month or so. Go see Extortion with Lack of Interest on May 30th for 10 bucks at The Blvd

treghet
05-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Wait, what? The day Lack of Interest determines what day you are going?? That's kind of ridiculous.

Uh... no. There are other bands I'm interested in seeing too, moreso than Lack of Interest. I'm happy Rattus is playing Saturday because it's their last show. I just mentioned Lack of Interest because they're on the right side of the poster, which leads me to believe they might be on Sunday.

Bones Booking
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Hello,

Not sure who asked the question. But no, the positions on the flyer don't mean anything in regards to days, or who plays after who. Of course Rattus and Dropdead headline.

And the band lists will be posted somewhat soon. Regardless, most people are deciding by who's headlining the show :cool:

Keep in mind, the two day passes are Limited.
(Hey thread owner,do you mind updating the flyer on this?) If not it's cool. I posted before and it was considered spamm cause it was already posted, haha.

treghet
05-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. I look forward to the announcement. :)

christopher
05-28-2011, 05:50 PM
I just got my 2 day pass ticket in the mail:rocker:

Bones Booking
05-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I just got my 2 day pass ticket in the mail:rocker:

Send us a pic on the FB page, if you use it :allan:

christopher
05-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Send us a pic on the FB page, if you use it :allan:

You mind if its edited a little? I just want to cover the ticket number so no one gets smart and tries to make a duplicate of my ticket and I get screwed over when going in.

Oh two questions:

1. I was talking to Brain from the Blvd last night and he made it sound like the Vortex might not be the best venue to have this show cause its close to a fire station and they might shut the show down cause there will most likely be a bunch of kids drinking in the street. Why not take this to the Proud Bird or the Echoplex. I don't know how difficult booking a venue is but just throwing the idea out there. I'm really concerned that the Doom show is going to be shut down tomorrow, so I'll be crushed if it happens to CDF.

2. Any idea when the surprise guest will be announced?? I've given up on the idea of Dystopia cause I was told it won't happen any time soon, but I'm eager to find out. Any hints will be appreciated :D

Bones Booking
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
You mind if its edited a little? I just want to cover the ticket number so no one gets smart and tries to make a duplicate of my ticket and I get screwed over when going in.

Oh two questions:

1. I was talking to Brain from the Blvd last night and he made it sound like the Vortex might not be the best venue to have this show cause its close to a fire station and they might shut the show down cause there will most likely be a bunch of kids drinking in the street. Why not take this to the Proud Bird or the Echoplex. I don't know how difficult booking a venue is but just throwing the idea out there. I'm really concerned that the Doom show is going to be shut down tomorrow, so I'll be crushed if it happens to CDF.

2. Any idea when the surprise guest will be announced?? I've given up on the idea of Dystopia cause I was told it won't happen any time soon, but I'm eager to find out. Any hints will be appreciated :D

Sure, it's just a for fun pic, shit, put Godzilla in the background if you want.

1.Yes, it is near, not next to a Fire Station. We've looked for tons of venues, this one fit the best so we can make the tickets affordable for people, sure, there's the glasshouse, echoplex,keyclub, etc, but tickets would've not been $25, they would've probably been $50 a piece, you have to consider those places want large overheads, so those are definitely better venues, but not overall for the fest. We are aware of the hazards and precautions we have to take. We will NOT have tickets at the door, so that should discard possibilities of kids coming trying to get a ticket. We will have security inside and outside patrolling to ensure there's no one near the premises drinking, nor vandalizing the venue nor surrounding businesses. Of course, there will always be the "Mr Punk Rock" who will do it anyways, but no worries, it will be handled.

Trust me, we have thought of almost any hazard and precaution for this fest because we've put so much work into it that it would kill us to have it cancel, which will NOT happen. Hell, we're even ready for a Zombie Apocalypse that night.

2.We know exactly when the Special Guest will be announced, we just can't announce it until later on, possibly almost right before the fest, because there's other factors to consider. All i know is, who ever doesnt buy a 2-Day pass is missing the hell out...

Hm...Hint:They play loud,and fast.:confused:

mankvill
06-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Hm...Hint:They play loud,and fast.:confused:

MOTORHEAD

elturtleboy
06-03-2011, 11:16 PM
DAY 1

RATTUS
(Exclusive U.S Gig/Last Gig)
Special Guest
DESPISE YOU
BUMBKLAATT
BLOWN TO BITS
DIATRIBE
HOLOKAUST
DESTROY JUDAS
DESTROYED IN SECONDS
(More to be announced-Line up is subject to change)

DAY 2

DROPDEAD
(Exclusive West Coast Gig)
GHOUL
LACK OF INTEREST
BLOODY PHOENIX
COACCION
RESIST AND EXIST
MURDER CONSTRUCT
TEMPLE OF DAGON
MASSAKRO
DEMINISHING DEVICE
(More to be announced-Line up is subject to change)

ill be doing day 2.

treghet
06-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Ahhh... most of the bands I want to see are playing day 2.

elturtleboy
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Ahhh... most of the bands I want to see are playing day 2.

minus Despise You,DIS(seen both),and Rattus id rather go to day 2. Ill be missing the big surprise but ahhh im broke

Bones Booking
06-06-2011, 06:44 AM
I like how no one has thought of clicking the "Special Guest" link, people ask for clues, and i give them one, and then they don't even click it...ay ay ay...

PS-TICKETS ARE NOW BEING SOLD @ MASS MEDIA RECORDS IN COSTA MESA.
THEY ARE ON FACEBOOK AND HAVE A WEBSITE, GOOGLE IT.
SINGLE- DAY PASSES ONLY, 2-DAY PASSES ARE ONLY ONLINE AND LIMITED!!

Wizzbang11
06-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Special guest is related to a Bulldog, and either:
Discordance Axis
Spazz
Inepsy
English Dogs
Terrorizer
Amebix
or
Misfits with Danzig
(if one of those other ones is a joke, it's lost on me, I don't know much about most of these bands.)

If it's Inepsy or English Dogs and I miss this, I will be upset. Although I'm pretty sure Inepsy can't come here till 2012..

elturtleboy
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Why isnt Resistant Culture on the line ups? Is it because Terrorizer is the special guest?

christopher
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Why isnt Resistant Culture on the line ups? Is it because Terrorizer is the special guest?

But Pete is out of commission

elturtleboy
06-06-2011, 07:40 PM
But Pete is out of commission

im a fan of resistant culture,but not of the new "Terrorizer". Id rather see Nausea(Grind) in a backyard for Terrorizer. I wouldnt doubt it if theyd play this show without asking for cash.

christopher
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Magrudergrind just got added!!! Special guest still TBA

mankvill
06-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Magrudergrind just got added!!! Special guest still TBA

I'd fap to that!

christopher
06-09-2011, 04:38 PM
I'd fap to that!

Come out here for the show :D

elturtleboy
06-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah now im gonna have to kill ppl for money. I need both days now:drool:

Bones Booking
06-16-2011, 07:18 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2j68pw6.jpg

elturtleboy
06-16-2011, 03:31 PM
:rocker::rocker:i got my 2 day pass!

Bones Booking
07-12-2011, 07:48 AM
If you still haven't bought your tickets, pre-sale ends july 20th!
There's only 30 passes left!!

Special Guest will be announced in a couple of weeks.:blaze:
http://i56.tinypic.com/33op0ci.jpg

christopher
07-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Is there any information on the pre fest yet?

Bones Booking
07-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Yea, i just posted that info last night! Check the CDF wall.

christopher
08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
UNLEARN (Canada) Unfortunately broke up - We have added Transient (PDX) and THEORIES (Members of Skarp/Samothrace/Book of Black Eath) & Age Of Collapse

mankvill
08-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Samothrace

sup Lawrence

christopher
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
From CDF's facebook

Thank you to everyone who purchased a ticket for CDF 2011. For any other festival information please visit the website www.californiadiscord.com.

Now, to all those who still keep e-mailing us, sending us messages, posting comments, thinking there's still tickets available.
****R E A D T H I S & P L E A S E U N D E R S T A N D*****

There will be NOT be any tickets sold at the door,on the street,at stores,online,at your moms house,at the corner,at the gas station. NOWHERE. There is ZERO tickets left, it's not that we don't want to make more tickets, it's the simple fact that we are at our capacity of the venue and cannot fit more people, it's simply just SOLD OUT.

Please understand that you will NOT be able to get in, or be near the premises without a ticket, if you are NOT a TICKET HOLDER please do NOT come to the festival. Security staff will be outside making sure only ticket holders are lining up for entrance. Please we ask you to NOT come to the festival if you do NOT have a ticket, we would like to have this festival every year, and that will only happen if you support the festival in every way and not just by buying a ticket.

We're fucking punks just like you are! And we worked our assess off to get this done, and would really appreciate if you understand this message.

Again, NO TICKETS ARE LEFT - THERE'S NO MORE TICKETS AVAILABLE, ANYWHERE,THERE WILL BE NONE AT THE DOOR, OR ANYWHERE NEAR THE PREMISES. IF YOU ARE BUYING TICKETS FROM A FRIEND, DO SO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Thanks for reading, and understanding. If you are attending, and wish this fest to be a success, please share this to your friends, on your wall,whatever. Spread the word.
Like Share

mankvill
09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
omg?! you mean i can't just be a crusty asshole waste of space and they won't fucking let me get drunk and belligerent just outside of the venue while I call the security guys nazi assholes for doing their job?!

sellouts! not true punx!

John The Drummer
09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Resistant Culture is fucking amazing. They are playing in Seattle in November, but I'll be playing a show in Spokane that night :'(

christopher
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/307324_170148666401069_100002178109385_344604_1498 105537_n.jpg

Set times!!:party:

treghet
09-24-2011, 11:59 PM
The show has been reschedule and SOME of the bands will play tomorrow:

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
We want to APOLOGIZE for the fiasco that went down today at CDF. What happened with the LAPD was beyond our control. We had proper permits,and went to the proper legal mesasures with the police and fire department months ahead of time to have this festival. But the LAPD just simply shut us down.

However, we are having a "make-up" show at the RIFF HAUS in FULLERTON,CA (no it is not a house it is a venue. Sunday 9/25 at 1PM, we will be having MANGE,GHOUL,DROPDEAD,AND RATTUS. They will be playing at 1PM and again at 6PM so that we can accomodate as many people as possible. If you have a ticket to either day,receipt,you will be able to enter, if not bring your ID that matches your WILL-CALL name. For those who DIDN'T get to buy a ticket at all when the fest was sold out, you may pay the venue (not us) $10 to enter the show,and see these bands.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO COULDN'T MAKE IT OR DIDN'T GET TO SEE BANDS TONIGHT. AGAIN, WE APOLOGIZE.

I'm seriously considering going now. I want to see Dropdead!

christopher
09-25-2011, 01:37 AM
I'll be at the 1pm show. It works out better for me to see my Goddamn Gallows show after :D

treghet
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Official statement regarding what happened:

First of all, we would like to apologize SINCERELY to all of the people who had bought tickets. We totally understand how you feel, and it is a terrible thing that happened. We know you want refunds, and we wish we could accommodate everyone, but unfortunately that is not possible. We still had to pay the venue, still had to pay the security, had already paid for the permits, fire marshall, three parking lots, all of the bands (and the bands with guarantees DID get paid, despite people claiming otherwise), flights, sound engineer, etc. We did our best to make up for the show, by having the headliners play 2 separate sets (because the venue was so small and we wanted EVERYONE to get a chance to see them) at the ONLY venue that would give us the time on such short notice. And I know charging some people $10 was pretty wack, but that wasn't us. That was the venue so they could make their overhead and pay their crew. It sucks but it had to be done.

For those wanting an explanation, here's the rundown. We have been planning this show for 9 months. We went to the city, the police dept., and the fire dept., talked to everyone we could and got every permit we needed. We worked with the venue to make prices as low as possible (I know 30 a day seems like a lot of money, but given the massive overhead on bands, flights, sound, and everything else, we still had to come out of our own pocket on this). We had a fire marshall on hand making sure everything was fine, safe, and legal. We had security. We even had the police show up during the day. They checked out the venue/show, checked our permits, said everything was fine, then left. However, during Resistant Culture's set, a large police force showed up. They put our security against the wall, and asked to speak with us. During this time, they tried to talk circles around us, claiming our permits were invalid, that the show was illegal, etc. The fire marshall had our back, we showed them our permits (which are definitely valid), and they still came in, slapped us with a $10000 citation and a notice to appear in court, and shut us down. It all comes down to LAPD flexing their muscles on a bunch of kids trying to enjoy a punk show. We will be fighting this in court, but what's done is done - even if (and when) we win our case, the show is still over, and everyone is still fucked. For this we apologize. We will do our best to make it up to you. Please understand though, we didn't keep any money. We did not do this for many and didn't make a dime. We are not thieves, we are just punks that wanted to bring a good show to all of you. What happened was completely out of our control, and we are going to be fighting it with the city, so please understand where we are coming from. We apologize again, so much, and thank you for understanding.

Terrible situation, but at least some people still got to see Dropdead, and Rattus was able to play their last show. And Magrudergrind did a free house show before flying back.

EDIT:

Magrudergrind & Transient house show photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumxlphotos/sets/72157627760905924/
Dropdead & Rattus photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumxlphotos/sets/72157627637061399/

christopher
09-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Damn, that sucks how it went down. I hate how a lot of people are talking so much shit right now on facebook. I hope the legal issues get resolved with ease. I have Rattus' setlist from the Sunday show and will post a review tomorrow or sometime soon.

elturtleboy
09-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Damn, that sucks how it went down. I hate how a lot of people are talking so much shit right now on facebook. I hope the legal issues get resolved with ease. I have Rattus' setlist from the Sunday show and will post a review tomorrow or sometime soon.

I know. Its annoying and their being immature as fuck. Only set I got wasACxDC :D

christopher
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Only set I got wasACxDC :D

Damn, there was a lot to remember in that 8 minutes that played :lol: they were still sick.

elturtleboy
09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Damn, there was a lot to remember in that 8 minutes that played :lol: they were still sick.

Best 8 min of my life.:drool: