PDA

View Full Version : LAWL Tour Of The Year

300%_Density
04-24-2011, 09:44 PM
The big question is will this tour be sponsored by Afliction & New Era? http://www.theprp.com/2011/04/24/news/emmure-born-of-osiris-and-more-rumored-for-summer-package-tour/

Rumors abound as of late that a new tour will be launched this summer with an announcement expected as early as tomorrow. Artists currently rumored to be participating in the trek, which is expected to take place around July/August include:

Emmure
Born Of Osiris
In This Moment
iwrestledabearonce
For Today
Alesana
Motionless In White
After The Burial
blessthefall
Chelsea Grin
The Ghost Inside
Attila

If a worse idea for a tour has ever come up I dare someone to top this.

Motograter_Ghost
04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey! I like ITM :p

MPF
04-24-2011, 09:48 PM
The big question is will this tour be sponsored by Afliction & New Era?

Rumors abound as of late that a new tour will be launched this summer with an announcement expected as early as tomorrow. Artists currently rumored to be participating in the trek, which is expected to take place around July/August include:

Emmure
Born Of Osiris
In This Moment
iwrestledabearonce
For Today
Alesana
Motionless In White
After The Burial
blessthefall
Chelsea Grin
The Ghost Inside
Attila

If a worse idea for a tour has ever come up I dare someone to top this.

WHY IN THE BLUE FUCK IS AFTER THE BURIAL LUMPED INTO THIS SHIT PILE?

but I digress, Maria Brink is still hot as fuck, and Born Of Osiris is getting better now that they are starting to lose the Deathcore sound, the rest suck.

Motograter_Ghost
04-24-2011, 09:51 PM
but I digress, Maria Brink is still hot as fuck.

and she's a screamer ;)

jd091
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
WHY IN THE BLUE FUCK IS AFTER THE BURIAL LUMPED INTO THIS SHIT PILE?

FUCKING THIS.

I will say I enjoy For Today, though... :tp: And The Ghost Inside is amazing! A great melodic hardcore band, I really encourage checking their stuff out.

MPF
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
and she's a screamer ;)

Very true. :drool::drool::drool:

FUCKING THIS.

I will say I enjoy For Today, though... :tp: And The Ghost Inside is amazing! A great melodic hardcore band, I really encourage checking their stuff out.

I've actually yet to hear either For Today or The Ghost Inside. But I'm looking for some good Hardcore, and if you are recommending them, I'll give both bands a shot.

jd091
04-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Very true. :drool::drool::drool:

I've actually yet to hear either For Today or The Ghost Inside. But I'm looking for some good Hardcore, and if you are recommending them, I'll give both bands a shot.
For Today took me some getting used to, since they're very overtly christian, and pretty much preach onstage. They're straight up metalcore, but have more of a hardcore influence than other metalcore bands; definitely not melodic metalcore. So they fulfill their purpose in my iPod.

And I can't recommend The Ghost Inside enough, Returners was an amazing album. Other than ATB, they are better than the rest of this lineup combined.

mankvill
04-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't think I could make up a worse tour if my troll gauge was in the red. All this needs is Asking Alexandria.

MPF
04-24-2011, 10:00 PM
For Today took me some getting used to, since they're very overtly christian, and pretty much preach onstage. They're straight up metalcore, but have more of a hardcore influence than other metalcore bands; definitely not melodic metalcore. So they fulfill their purpose in my iPod.

And I can't recommend The Ghost Inside enough, Returners was an amazing album. Other than ATB, they are better than the rest of this lineup combined.

The Christian message doesn't bother me. I listen to Neal Morse (Christian) as much as I listen to Behemoth (Satanic) as much as I listen to Orphaned Land (Hebrew). As long as the music is good, that's all that matters.

I'll be checking out both bands now. Thanks. :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while. What exactly is so special about Born Of Osiris? I saw them open for Cannibal Corpse back in 09 and I thought they sounded like every other deathcore band. Is it just their new album that everybody has a hard on for or what?

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't think I could make up a worse tour if my troll gauge was in the red. All this needs is Asking Alexandria.

:lol:

idrinkwine732
04-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I think this tour does a great service to metal.

Smaller tours will now not have these bands. Bravo, promoters, bravo.

MPF
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for a while. What exactly is so special about Born Of Osiris? I saw them open for Cannibal Corpse back in 09 and I thought they sounded like every other deathcore band. Is it just their new album that everybody has a hard on for or what?

Their first album...or well EP, is very damn good, Their 2nd album, the one you saw them open for Cannibal Corpse is a piece of shit Deathcore album. The newest album got rid of 80% of the Deathcore and got back to writing good music again.

300%_Density
04-24-2011, 10:06 PM

Thank you. I was hoping I wasn't the one who thought that. I thought they were really really horrible based off of that experience as well. I still do not understand what is so special about them compared to the other 12 bands on this lineup.

RAZOR
04-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Hey! I like ITM :p

That's a shame.

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:08 PM

:party::party::party::party: TOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH.

First of all, I wouldn't call them deathcore, I'd call them Sumeriancore, which is more of fast, staccato technical "breakdowns" that don't change tempo and rely more on very technical guitar playing verses death metal blast beats and switching to mindless chugging slower than a woman driving in the left lane. Veil of Maya is the most apparent example I can think of, along with After The Burial and Circle of Contempt.

Anyway, I saw them late 2010 and they were great live, I don't know what you were smoking. Listen to some shit like Chelsea Grin, it'll make you want to tear your eyes out. Thats deathcore. Born of Osiris are leaps and bounds better, and sound distinctly different too.

llama lom
04-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I think this tour does a great service to metal.

Smaller tours will now not have these bands. Bravo, promoters, bravo.

That's what I call a silver lining.

mankvill
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
First of all, I wouldn't call them deathcore, I'd call them Sumeriancore, which is more of fast, staccato technical "breakdowns" that don't change tempo and rely more on very technical guitar playing verses death metal blast beats and switching to mindless chugging slower than a woman driving in the left lane

you could almost say the guitars sound a bit different. Like, they make a certain sound.

like "DJENT DJENT DJENT"

if only there was a genre for that

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
First of all, I wouldn't call them deathcore, I'd call them Sumeriancore, which is more of fast, staccato technical "breakdowns" that don't change tempo and rely more on very technical guitar playing verses death metal blast beats and switching to mindless chugging slower than a woman driving in the left lane. Veil of Maya is the most apparent example I can think of, along with After The Burial and Circle of Contempt.

Anyway, I saw them late 2010 and they were great live, I don't know what you were smoking. Listen to some shit like Chelsea Grin, it'll make you want to tear your eyes out. Thats deathcore. Born of Osiris are leaps and bounds better, and sound distinctly different too.

Ravenhearts gonna love this one.

MPF
04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
you could almost say the guitars sound a bit different. Like, they make a certain sound.

like "DJENT DJENT DJENT"

if only there was a genre for that

There's a Visine for that.

mankvill
04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Ravenhearts gonna love this one.

"Sumeriancore" is a made-up fake genre used by MetalSucks.com to describe the sound of bands that make up the majority of the roster for Sumerian Records, like Born of Osiris, After The Burial, etc.

I honestly think djent means the same thing.

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM
"Sumeriancore" is a made-up fake genre used by MetalSucks.com to describe the sound of bands that make up the majority of the roster for Sumerian Records, like Born of Osiris, After The Burial, etc.

I honestly think djent means the same thing.

You can't possibly tell me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uYlB8argE

Sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGF9mMEUgQ&feature=fvst

Sure, Sumeriancore is a made up title by Metalsucks, but its a good title for a subgenre of deathcore that is breaking away from deathcore. And Djent is way different in its style, more focused on the groove of playing polyrhythms over the 4/4 signature in a Meshuggah style verses what is basically a sped-up breakdown. I can't describe it well, but there's a distinct difference.

hellawaits77ny
04-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Terrible. I know Born of Osiris is liked here, but I can't get into them. Their performance at NEMHF was boring and uninteresting. And their 17yo keyboard player who throws out the "ghetto-gangster" arm-swing and point looks like a moron.

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Terrible. I know Born of Osiris is liked here, but I can't get into them. Their performance at NEMHF was boring and uninteresting. And their 17yo keyboard player who throws out the "ghetto-gangster" arm-swing and point looks like a moron.

:lol: Agree, that guy is an idiot. But they have Jason Richardson on guitar, who is amazing, and used to be in All Shall Perish. Who is a much better band.

hellawaits77ny
04-25-2011, 12:11 AM
:lol: Agree, that guy is an idiot. But they have Jason Richardson on guitar, who is amazing, and used to be in All Shall Perish. Who is a much better band.

Yeah that kid is an amazing guitarist. Sorta glad he left ASP. Those guys are all 25-28 and he was like 16-17 at the time. I wouldn't wanna hang out w/ a kid that young at my age.

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm good friends with the drummer and guitarist of BTF, so I might just get on the guest list if this stops by CA.

NickLed19
04-25-2011, 12:19 AM
In This Moment is good.

jd091
04-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Maria Brink is good looking.

Fixed

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 12:27 AM
In This Moment
iwrestledabearonce
Alesana
Motionless In White
After The Burial
blessthefall
The Ghost Inside

I'll go for these bands. Never listened to Alesana, MIW, or iwrestledabearonce but I'm curious from the things my friends have told me.

jd091
04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Motionless in White: someone forgot to tell them it isn't 2002 anymore.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/maddxhatter/default/motionless-in-white--large-msg-129390863004.jpg
http://www.fearnet.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2010918/MIW_Chris_M.jpg
http://www.fearnet.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2010814/Motionless_In_White.jpg

Gentlemen, is it just me, or have we found a new scapegoat? :D

MPF
04-25-2011, 12:35 AM
^ My god....

Marilyn Manson joined Black Veil Brides!

NickLed19
04-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Fixed

Agreed, but I honestly like some of the music.

jd091
04-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Motionless in White: someone forgot to tell them it isn't 2002 anymore.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/maddxhatter/default/motionless-in-white--large-msg-129390863004.jpg
http://www.fearnet.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2010918/MIW_Chris_M.jpg
http://www.fearnet.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2010814/Motionless_In_White.jpg

Gentlemen, is it just me, or have we found a new scapegoat? :D

:agree:

orlandodavis
04-25-2011, 12:46 AM
In the second photo that guy looks like he's waiting for a cock. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

NickLed19
04-25-2011, 12:59 AM
I hate these guys more than Black Veil Brides.

hellawaits77ny
04-25-2011, 01:58 AM
I'll go for these bands. Never listened to Alesana, MIW, or iwrestledabearonce but I'm curious from the things my friends have told me.

iwrestledabearonce may be the worst band/musician I've ever heard.

kommie
04-25-2011, 03:31 AM
If In This Moment didn't have a singer with fake ass tits, and wear that stupid ass dress all the time, actually if their singer had a dick, they wouldn't be as popular as they are. this can apply to most all bands with female singers with some exceptions like Arch Enemy and Lacuna Coil. AE more-so.

mastodon421
04-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Poor Born Of Osiris and After The Burial. Man this must be the "All Stars" tour Born Of Osiris was talking about, this is just awful.

Steev
04-25-2011, 06:08 AM
hmm, well

Born Of Osiris-liked when I saw them with ATR
In This Moment-do like them and have seen a few times
iwrestledabearonce-were actually entertaining when they opened for DEP
blessthefall-seen twice over the years, they were good

that's really all I can say about this tour

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 06:15 AM
blessthefall-seen twice over the years, they were good

YEAAAAA

GarageMetal468
04-25-2011, 06:30 AM
I thought that Summer Slaughter 2012 got leaked for a second there...

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-25-2011, 07:09 AM
This would actually be an improvement over Summer Slaughter.

Steev
04-25-2011, 07:12 AM
YEAAAAA

I never said they were great, for the 30 min they played each time they were ok, they weren't bad, but I also wasn't jumpin to buy a CD either

Nick_to_the_face
04-25-2011, 07:51 AM
The Ghost Inside is fucking amazing, after the Parkway Drive show, I was sold, too bad them, After the Burial, and born of Osiris are stuck with shit

jd091
04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
The Ghost Inside is fucking amazing, after the Parkway Drive show, I was sold, too bad them, After the Burial, and born of Osiris are stuck with shit

Agree, other than BOO. I like them live, but I won't try and defend them.

BloodoftheKings
04-25-2011, 08:54 AM
You can't possibly tell me this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uYlB8argE

Sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGF9mMEUgQ&feature=fvst

Actually, they kinda do :eyes:

jd091
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Actually, they kinda do :eyes:

Ok, I give up. I tried. Call it whatever the hell you want. :deadhorse

BloodoftheKings
04-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Ok, I give up. I tried. Call it whatever the hell you want. :deadhorse

Not the whole song but if you go to the 30 second mark for both songs there is definitely similarities.

Nick_to_the_face
04-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Not the whole song but if you go to the 30 second mark for both songs there is definitely similarities.

Not really..

Bergman101
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
I might actually go to this :eyes: I like BOO, After The Burial, (old) For Today, Ghost Inside and In This Moment.... but other than that this tour is bullshit.

jd091
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I might actually go to this :eyes: I like BOO, After The Burial, (old) For Today, Ghost Inside and In This Moment.... but other than that this tour is bullshit.

You don't like Breaker? I thought that was a pretty solid album. I enjoyed it a lot.

And is it just me, or does anyone else find it insanely weird that In This Moment would do a tour with Emmure? They are on opposite sides of the metal spectrum.

And theres something I feel like I should tell you guys, but I value my life instead. :cool:

Nick_to_the_face
04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
You don't like Breaker? I thought that was a pretty solid album. I enjoyed it a lot.

And is it just me, or does anyone else find it insanely weird that In This Moment would do a tour with Emmure? They are on opposite sides of the metal spectrum.

And theres something I feel like I should tell you guys, but I value my life instead. :cool:

Yeah In This Moment is kinda random...and not just that they are mixed with Emmure, but with After The Burial and The Ghost Inside?? They're gonna stick out really bad.
And what is it??
TELL US

you like Emmure don't you?

300%_Density
05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
This shit now has an official name "all star tour" God I wish I was making this up. http://www.smnnews.com/2011/05/03/all-star-tour-emmure-born-of-osiris-iwrestledabearonce-for-today-more/

Sweet original name for sweet original music.

jd091
05-03-2011, 06:32 PM
you like Emmure don't you?

...I mean...

AnataFan4Life
05-03-2011, 07:18 PM

...I mean...

C'mon, we've all got that one band we are ashamed to like >_>

jd091
05-03-2011, 09:33 PM

Okay: I really, really like their new album. Its incredibly solid. The first time I heard it, I totally dismissed it and thought it was shit. But then it caught on a bit... and I ended up listening to it, front to back when I was running, and I really got into it. Nowhere near as good as Acacia Strain's Wormwood in terms of pure groove heaviness, but it gets the job done for what it stands for.

I think the guys in Emmure are dicks, dress like douches, and have scum-of-the-earth fans, but I sometimes find their music catchy. That is something I'm not proud to admit, so please don't judge me hard because of it.

llama lom
05-03-2011, 09:36 PM

I can't think of one.............

Nick_to_the_face
05-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Okay: I really, really like their new album. Its incredibly solid. The first time I heard it, I totally dismissed it and thought it was shit. But then it caught on a bit... and I ended up listening to it, front to back when I was running, and I really got into it. Nowhere near as good as Acacia Strain's Wormwood in terms of pure groove heaviness, but it gets the job done for what it stands for.

I think the guys in Emmure are dicks, dress like douches, and have scum-of-the-earth fans, but I sometimes find their music catchy. That is something I'm not proud to admit, so please don't judge me hard because of it.

NO
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor,
TAKE HIM AWAY
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/bondmadcat/Movie%20related%20shit/dark_vador-leia.jpg

brutal_descent
05-04-2011, 10:26 AM

The only guilty pleasures I have are Bring Me The Horizon, Slipknot, and A Day To Remember.

Bergman101
05-04-2011, 10:43 AM
(sigh).... I like Silverstein, Dance Gavin Dance and The Devil Wears Prada...

brutal_descent
05-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Why should liking TDWP be shameful?

jd091
05-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Dude, I love Devil Wears Prada and I'm not ashamed of that. They're excellent. The Zombie EP is undeniably metal, and extremely solid.

Bergman101
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
really?? I mean I love Prada but I know a lot of people on here bash them... I am less ashamed now. :D

AnataFan4Life
05-04-2011, 12:14 PM
I think I can top some of these: I actually have a soft spot for Staind's pre-14 Shades of Grey Material

:eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
05-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Dude, I love Devil Wears Prada and I'm not ashamed of that. They're excellent. The Zombie EP is undeniably metal, and extremely solid.

The Zombie EP is actually not bad :eyes:
the rest of it is shit

masterguy49
05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Well now that everyone is coming out of the closet...... my favorite band is Brokencyde.

Naw, I'm fucking with you guys. :tongue:

jd091
05-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Well now that everyone is coming out of the closet...... my favorite band is Brokencyde.

Naw, I'm fucking with you guys. :tongue:

It's spelled BrokeNCYDE, motherfucker. :cool:

mastodon421
05-04-2011, 02:07 PM
really?? I mean I love Prada but I know a lot of people on here bash them... I am less ashamed now. :D

TDWP is pretty decent. I don't love them by any means, but they aren't awful.

Butcher of Birth
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
HA! HA!

jd091
05-04-2011, 04:08 PM
HA! HA!

Just let it all out man, we're 12 stepping here. What is it for you? Attack Attack? Asking Alexandria?

Butcher of Birth
05-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Just let it all out man, we're 12 stepping here. What is it for you? Attack Attack? Asking Alexandria?

All of it, it's like if this tour managed to pull an "O'Doyle's Car Ride" from Billy Madison it would be so great! (was a joke...)

But yeah, a lot of kids are gonna go, get hurt, and parents will blame Metal when these bands are far from anything in terms any other metal bands out there.

MPF
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Short Answer: Parents and protest groups are always going to blame music, whether it is Black Metal, Hip Hop, Manson, or shitty bands like this. Case in point, If anyone was going to get hurt at a show, it's not because of the bands playing, it's because of the douchebags in the crowd in the first place. Besides, let them tour together, that just means *with the exceptions of the bands I mentioned earlier) are on this shit tour and not ruining any good upcoming tours.

MPF
05-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Looks like they added a few bands:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226206_207241175976382_204746842892482_604944_1561 720_n.jpg

treghet
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
So, jd091, are you going to this now? ;)

masterguy49
05-05-2011, 06:45 PM
I hope the venues this will be in have no roofs, considering the amount of helicopters that will be lifting off during the concert.

mankvill
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Looks like they added a few bands:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226206_207241175976382_204746842892482_604944_1561 720_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

smearCampaign
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

illuminatus917
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM

I had a similar reaction.

bt11763
05-05-2011, 09:06 PM
I hope the venues this will be in have no roofs, considering the amount of helicopters that will be lifting off during the concert.

...what?

JLRedWing13
05-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Perfect. :party:

MPF
05-05-2011, 09:41 PM

A broken promise is a lot like a children's pinwheel. You have to be yourself, or at least within the confines.

...it makes just as much sense.

jd091
05-06-2011, 01:27 AM
So, jd091, are you going to this now? ;)

My thoughts:

1) WHY THE FUCK IS AFTER THE BURIAL LISTED SO LOW IN THE LINEUP?

2) Holy shit, that's a fuck-ton of bands.

3) Why the fuck is Iwrestledabearonce so high in the lineup?

4) Is For Today really more popular than Born of Osiris?

5) Wait, what the fuck is that trailer trash piece of crap woman in the middle? And why does she have her face paint like el Dia de Los Muertos?

6) Who the fuck is Alesana?

7) Is this a 2-date tour or something? Or a festival? That's way too many bands to play in 1 day.

8) If it is split into 2 different lineups, the Ghost Inside is the only good band in the blue lineup.

9) ATB = godly, Born of Osiris and For Today = pretty good, Emmure = meh, don't mind them too much musically but couldn't see them live, and Chelsea Grin, IWABO, and Atilla = shit.

To answer your question, no, I will probably not see this. I really want to see After the Burial and woudnt mind For Tiday or BOO, but the other bands aren't worth it, especially for the crowds they attract. Probably gonna be expensive too, based on how many bands are playing.

Will After the Burial just grow a pair and do a headlining tour for In Dreams already? Jeeeesus Christ, I've been waiting to see them headline for a long while.

Steev
05-06-2011, 04:35 AM
I think it might do outside shows like Sounds Of The Underground did(except you know, that had better bands)

I'm suprised In This Moment isn't billed higher, seeing how they usually get on bigger tours

masterguy49
05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
A broken promise is a lot like a children's pinwheel. You have to be yourself, or at least within the confines.

...it makes just as much sense.

:lol: Sorry, it's a joke between my friends and I just felt like saying it. We call hardcore dancers helicopters, cause the whole spinning their fists and shit. So we made this joke about how hardcore dancers would randomly start flying off during a show.

Yeah....... :tongue:

My thoughts:

1) WHY THE FUCK IS AFTER THE BURIAL LISTED SO LOW IN THE LINEUP?
I think they still aren't popular enough yet :mad:
2) Holy shit, that's a fuck-ton of bands.
Agreed and more shit than good

3) Why the fuck is Iwrestledabearonce so high in the lineup?
I guess they're more popular now...
4) Is For Today really more popular than Born of Osiris?
No, For Today, BOO, and IWABO switch off every day. So neither is hight than the other
5) Wait, what the fuck is that trailer trash piece of crap woman in the middle? And why does she have her face paint like el Dia de Los Muertos?
I guess that will attract the type of crowd they are looking for

6) Who the fuck is Alesana?
Dude.... you are a lucky man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZ_EtgBHTY If you survive. Good for you.
7) Is this a 2-date tour or something? Or a festival? That's way too many bands to play in 1 day.
I think they are gonna do some kind of festival. Or have like 2 stages playing constantly? I have no idea. Maybe it's two separate tours....

8) If it is split into 2 different lineups, the Ghost Inside is the only good band in the blue lineup.
Agreed

9) ATB = godly, Born of Osiris and For Today = pretty good, Emmure = meh, don't mind them too much musically but couldn't see them live, and Chelsea Grin, IWABO, and Atilla = shit.

To answer your question, no, I will probably not see this. I really want to see After the Burial and woudnt mind For Tiday or BOO, but the other bands aren't worth it, especially for the crowds they attract. Probably gonna be expensive too, based on how many bands are playing.

Will After the Burial just grow a pair and do a headlining tour for In Dreams already? Jeeeesus Christ, I've been waiting to see them headline for a long while.
Answers in bold ;)
But I agree with the ATB tour. They were awesome with As I Lay Dying.

bt11763
05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
:lol: Sorry, it's a joke between my friends and I just felt like saying it. We call hardcore dancers helicopters, cause the whole spinning their fists and shit. So we made this joke about how hardcore dancers would randomly start flying off during a show.

:lol: ah that makes sense then

jd091
05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Answers in bold ;)
But I agree with the ATB tour. They were awesome with As I Lay Dying.

Thanks, and I am pissed that As I Lay Dying tour didn't come by me. 2 of my favorite bands, AILD and ATB.

MPF
05-06-2011, 06:11 PM

That makes a lot more sense now. :D

masterguy49
05-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks, and I am pissed that As I Lay Dying tour didn't come by me. 2 of my favorite bands, AILD and ATB.
It was awesome! :D

:lol: ah that makes sense then
:D Yeah, now you can enjoy the joke as well.

brutal_descent
05-11-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/the-all-stars-tour/allstars-2011-tour-dates-so-far-more-to-come/208457089188124

Steev
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
it's playing an arena in Reading, confused, yet intrigued

MPF
05-11-2011, 10:42 AM
This tour is coming to St. Paul 7/31, but it's playing outside Station 4.....

....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT GOING TO WORK???

Are they going to be playing right on the grass in front of the new light rail/train station where there is 10 feet of grass, or are they just going to be playing on the street in front of the local PBS broadcasting station? Or even better that Creepy Alley behind Station 4 that smells like urine.

Steev
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Also unless another major tour is happening I think Devildriver could end up being added

It would explain them dropping off Wacken

jd091
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Also unless another major tour is happening I think Devildriver could end up being added

It would explain them dropping off Wacken

Devildriver would be the most misplaced band in existence if they were on this tour.

treghet
05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Devildriver would be the most misplaced band in existence if they were on this tour.

Yep, but it wouldn't be the first time.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/myspaceimages/devildriver/thrash-and-burn.jpg

Also, this was when Periphery had the vocalist with the afro. I don't know his name.

jd091
05-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Yep, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Also, this was when Periphery had the vocalist with the afro. I don't know his name.

What the... I had no idea! I take back my previous statement.

Steev
05-11-2011, 01:55 PM
;)Yep, but it wouldn't be the first time.

LOL at the sponsers(namely Washburn, Tripp, and Randall) being mostly irrelevant now