Gliding Above While Being Below
Divine Step
No Need to Be Human
Der Mussolini
Grin
----------------------
Purple Haze
Reborn Through Hate

Extremely disappointed. I figured they'd favor Grin and the later material more, but I didn't think they'd basically ignore Punishment and RIP.

BrutalN00dle
04-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Fuck everything about that, they need to get their shit together for MDF. ONE SONG off of No More Color and Punishment For Decadence? What the fuck.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Reborn Through Hate

:rocker: We'll slash your necks until you die!!!

Great fucking song.

idrinkwine732
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't mind a set like this, but it would make me wonder if it was truly worth it to fly coast to coast pretty much for Coroner.

GarageMetal468
04-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Fuck everything about that, they need to get their shit together for MDF. ONE SONG off of No More Color and Punishment For Decadence? What the fuck.

This. This set list is disappointing, I still have yet to listen to Grin (despite being a huge Coroner fan) but they can't just ignore possibly the best 2 albums they put out. I really do hope they change it for the better at MDF.

treghet
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
:barf:

treghet
04-24-2011, 07:33 PM
This. This set list is disappointing, I still have yet to listen to Grin (despite being a huge Coroner fan) but they can't just ignore possibly the best 2 albums they put out. I really do hope they change it for the better at MDF.

I don't recommend listening to it. There are some alright parts on it, but the majority of the album just doesn't even sound like Coroner.

moobys37
04-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Masked Jackal is one of my favorite Coroner songs, and Mental Vortex is probably my favorite Coroner album, but this set needs a lot more balance. Still, I'd rather have a lame Coroner set than no Coroner at all.

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 06:50 AM
There was a huge rumor going around saying that Coroner would be headlining this years Thrasho De Mayo in Los Angeles for next month :(

Turns out there isn't going to be a thrasho de mayo this year :(

kngdymond
04-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Are you kidding me ?? this is just the worst thing hey could have done. Go back to driving the trucks:rocker:

GarageMetal468
04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
There was a huge rumor going around saying that Coroner would be headlining this years Thrasho De Mayo in Los Angeles for next month :(

I actually heard that they're gonna be touring with Nuclear Assault at the end of the summer, or something like that.

christopher
04-25-2011, 06:19 PM

NOOOOO!!! I wanted Thrasho de Mayo! First we loose Murderest, now this :bawling: I bet we will never get another Appease the Beast

illuminatus917
04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Damn. That is a bit on the disappointing/puzzling side.

idrinkwine732
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I knew I was being hopeful wanting Sudden Fall, but I didn't think one song from Punishment For Decadence was a possibility...

ShatteredFlame
04-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Love it how this and the MDF board differ so much. The guy that posted saying the setlist sucks is basically being told to shut up and be happy hes going to see a band he loves live.

wroed
04-26-2011, 07:35 AM
I join the ranks of the disappointed. Wonder if it's because the first three albums are more technically challenging?

BrutalN00dle
04-26-2011, 08:56 PM
I hate the "just be glad they're there" logic. By that reasoning, people wouldn't have cared if Celtic Frost had played all of Cold Lake on their short-lived reunion. Why tarnish the band's legacy by playing a mediocre setlist?

illuminatus917
04-26-2011, 09:07 PM
I hate the "just be glad they're there" logic. By that reasoning, people wouldn't have cared if Celtic Frost had played all of Cold Lake on their short-lived reunion. Why tarnish the band's legacy by playing a mediocre setlist?

You make a point.

idrinkwine732
04-26-2011, 09:40 PM

I 100% agree that a setlist like this isn't making the most of their reunion, that is for sure. However, the "I'm just happy to see them" derives from me becoming a Coroner fan knowing there was a .1% chance of me seeing them live one day. I'm still so floored by the fact that the .1% chance came to fruition and that I know I will have a killer time anyway. With that said, this is a very bad setlist and it deserves no protection.

GarageMetal468
05-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Saw this on the MDF last.fm event page

"According to an email received today, they will be adding more material to the setlist from the first 3 records." From Ryan (cofounder) of MDF.

:party:

idrinkwine732
05-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Saw this on the MDF last.fm event page

"According to an email received today, they will be adding more material to the setlist from the first 3 records." From Ryan (cofounder) of MDF.

:party:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

that makes me so relieved.

treghet
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
That's great! I'm looking forward to seeing the set.