Aug 09 Rocketown Nashville, TN Presale RSVP
Aug 10 The Orange Peel Asheville, NC Presale RSVP
Aug 11 The National Richmond, VA Presale RSVP
Aug 12 Newport Music Hall Columbus, OH Presale RSVP
Aug 13 Purple Door Festival Lebanon, PA Tickets RSVP
Aug 18 XNoizz Flevo Festival Apeldoorn, Netherlands RSVP
Bandsintown

By the 18th they're already in the Netherlands, and before the two dates they play Sweden on July 1st, so I'm assuming the tour is mostly July-August.

Times of Grace info: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/Times-of-Grace-To-Hit-The-Road-This-Summer-22928.aspx

Personally, I'll hit this up if it comes to the Bay Area. I loved the TOG debut album :party:

Dates TBA Monday.

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 06:21 PM
I saw an ad that said they're playing the Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale, NY. Not that I want to go or anything :eyes:

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I saw an ad that said they're playing the Crazy Donkey

Bestiality? :eek:

llama lom
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Noice. Will definitely try to go to this.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Bestiality? :eek:

:lol: venue

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol: venue

I knew that ;)

Steev
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Saw some leaked dates, skipping a lot of cities

Hopefully TOG is coming out on a bigger tour later in the summer

maxpower
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Backstage Live has it posted on their website this is coming to San Antonio 8/3. I think I will check this out. I'm interested in seeing TOG live.

hellawaits77ny
04-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I saw TOG @ NEMHF. Nothing special live, really. I don't hate them, but they didn't impress me a whole lot.

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I love Underoath. Haters gonna hate. I'll definitely try and hit this up if this comes by me, I don't know why I didn't go to the Underoath/Thursday/Animals as Leaders tour in February. I hadn't listened to Thursday before then, and wrote them off as a stupid emo band, but after listening to War All The Time... they are fucking brilliant.

And They're Only Chasing Safety is a godly album as well. So goddamn catchy, with amazingly well written songs. :allan:

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:26 PM
And this is a sick tour poster, too. I would consider getting a shirt with that design on it.

http://a2.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/07872e0293a840c1803e2d5005de7f40/l.jpg

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:29 PM
And sorry for the triple post here, but since when does Underoath have 70 million plays on myspace? Thats 20 million more than Bring Me The Horizon! Goddamn, I didn't know they were that popular. I guess I'm really out of it when it comes to scene kids these days :dorky:

MPF
04-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Underoath is a Christian band. So they will have a huge audience.

That said they do suck. between them or Hairspray it's a tough call, What say you Manky? ;)

I guess it's not too surprising Times Of Grace are on this bill. Jesse is a Christian, so it makes sense. I haven't heard the other two bands, but I think it's safe to assume its Christian Emo Metalcore.

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Yep. You assume correctly. Still sticking to my guns, I love Underoath. Just do. Don't know why.

MPF
04-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I will say that I do respect Underoath. For their style at least they do have some technicality behind their stuff. Just the clean vocals remind me of the clean vocals on the latest As I Lay Dying....no, just no.

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I will say that I do respect Underoath. For their style at least they do have some technicality behind their stuff. Just the clean vocals remind me of the clean vocals on the latest As I Lay Dying....no, just no.

:lol: Yeah, it took me the longest time to accept clean vocals in any style of music. But in the end, I looked into myself, and realized I found they're music catchy and enjoyable to listen to. I was just afraid of being outcast by the metal community for stooping to such depths of musicality.

mankvill
04-24-2011, 11:00 PM
And sorry for the triple post here, but since when does Underoath have 70 million plays on myspace? Thats 20 million more than Bring Me The Horizon! Goddamn, I didn't know they were that popular. I guess I'm really out of it when it comes to scene kids these days :dorky:

Underoath were huge when I was in 9th grade. Where have you been?

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Underoath were huge when I was in 9th grade. Where have you been?

Man, I have no idea. I'm really out of touch with the music other people like. Now its all, like, dubstep. I don't even know.

MPF
04-24-2011, 11:10 PM
:lol: Yeah, it took me the longest time to accept clean vocals in any style of music. But in the end, I looked into myself, and realized I found they're music catchy and enjoyable to listen to. I was just afraid of being outcast by the metal community for stooping to such depths of musicality.

I enjoy clean vocals, like death Metal growls, Black Metal screams, etc, when done right. As I Lay Dying used to have killer clean vocals like on An Ocean Between Us. The Powerless Rise, decided 'What is we went to Hot Topic?"

Like I said in the other thread. Good music is good music no matter the genre, hot topic hype, hipster hype or the fat ass kids on Blabbermouth feel about music. In the end it all comes down to how you personally feel about it and if it is worth your time.

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Good music is good music no matter the genre, hot topic hype, hipster hype or the fat ass kids on Blabbermouth feel about music. In the end it all comes down to how you personally feel about it and if it is worth your time.

:bowdown:

I think this might be the smartest post I have ever read on this forum.

MPF
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
:bowdown:

I think this might be the smartest post I have ever read on this forum.

Thanks man!

It's the honest truth. A lot of people forget about that now a days. How did most genres get created? By wanting to change what their main genre already had. How do you do that? By taking all of your influences and creating something you want to play.

Just like on my bands upcoming album that we are currently recording. Just from Jamming I helped change the Metallica Fade To Black style ballad we had going into a great Blues Rock ballad all from me fucking around with a blues beat in between songs at practice. It's going to take a lot of people by shock, especially from what we normally play. But I love that. It shows that we're not scared to show what we love to play and make a great song from it.

Same goes for listening to music. My two favorite genres are Progressive Metal and Thrash. That doesn't stop me from enjoying The Roots, Dredg, Mute Math and The Antlers. Good music is good music.

idrinkwine732
04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Like I said in the other thread. Good music is good music no matter the genre, hot topic hype, hipster hype or the fat ass kids on Blabbermouth feel about music. In the end it all comes down to how you personally feel about it and if it is worth your time.

lol youre an idiot bro

:tongue:

MPF
04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
lol youre an idiot bro

*Although if you were serious, yes, I did notice some lack of punctuation.*

If I was a famous drummer by now, what I just posted would have been a major headline on Blabbermouth and all the Comic Book Guy's of Blabbermouth would have gotten the bat signal. Then they would be telling me how much of a fucking asshole I am and how my playing suck worse and worse.

detuned
04-25-2011, 05:36 AM
prp has had many of the dates for days now: http://www.theprp.com/2011/04/21/news/initial-dates-leaked-for-underoath-times-of-grace-etc-tour/

official announcement on underoath's site at 10am

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 07:25 AM
What shit, it's skipping CA.

Jul 05 Lincoln Theatre Raleigh, NC Presale RSVP
Jul 05 Lincoln Theatre Raleigh, NC Presale RSVP
Jul 06 Crocodile Rock Allentown, PA Presale RSVP
Jul 07 Crazy Donkey Bar and Grill Farmingdale, NY Presale RSVP
Jul 08 Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ Presale RSVP
Jul 10 Webster Theater Hartford, CT Presale RSVP
Jul 11 State Theatre Portland, ME Presale RSVP
Jul 12 Northern Lights Clifton Park, NY Presale RSVP
Jul 13 Sonar Baltimore, MD Presale RSVP
Jul 15 Expo Five Louisville, KY Presale RSVP
Jul 16 Pops Sauget, IL Presale RSVP
Jul 18 Riverfront Pavilion Little Rock, AR Presale RSVP
Jul 20 Castle Theater Bloomington, IL Presale RSVP
Jul 21 Headliners Toledo, OH Presale RSVP
Jul 22 Westcott Theater Syracuse, NY Presale RSVP
Jul 24 Higher Ground South Burlington, VT Presale RSVP
Jul 26 The Intersection Grand Rapids, MI Presale RSVP
Jul 27 Eagles Club/The Rave/Eagles Ballroom Milwaukee, WI Presale RSVP
Jul 28 Wheelhouse Cedar Falls, IA Presale RSVP
Jul 29 Granada Lawrence, KS Presale RSVP
Jul 30 Sokol Auditorium Omaha, NE Presale RSVP
Aug 01 The Black Sheep Colorado Springs, CO Presale RSVP
Aug 03 Backstage Live San Antonio, TX Presale RSVP
Aug 04 Rock The Desert Midland, TX Tickets RSVP
Aug 05 The Warehouse Whitehouse, TX Presale RSVP
Aug 07 House of Blues New Orleans New Orleans, LA Presale RSVP
Aug 09 Rocketown Nashville, TN Presale RSVP
Aug 10 The Orange Peel Asheville, NC Presale RSVP
Aug 11 The National Richmond, VA Presale RSVP
Aug 13 Purple Door Festival Lebanon, PA Tickets RSVP
Aug 18 XNoizz Flevo Festival Apeldoorn, Netherlands RSVP
Bandsintown

Steev
04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Purple Door is a Christian music fest

And TOG isn't listed on their site

Statutory-Mike
04-25-2011, 08:41 AM
going for Stray from the Path. they gonna kill it

llama lom
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I doubt I can go to this now, with the Hate Eternal show three days before and this being in a different state. I'll live though.