PDA

View Full Version : Sepultura -- Sayreville, NJ -- April 23rd, 2011

Bergman101
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow, what an amazing show. After going to all kinds of shows with newer bands and hxc death bands I almost forgot how awesome a real metal show was!
Doors were at 6, first band to play was a local band called Ptosis and they weren't good, kinda played generic metalcore but they sucked at it. I timed it they played from 6:38 to 6:50, and in 12 minutes they banged out 3 songs that all sounded the same. 1/10

After them was a band that I was very much looking forward to, Bonded By Blood! These guys were the best opener to a great show like this. Apparently they missed the first couple dates because they're van broke down but I was so happy they played tonight. Newer band playing awesome thrash, these guys killed it! 8/10
Immortal Life
Blood Spilled Offerings
???
600 A.B.
Feed The Beast

Then came the token Tech death band of the night, Neuraxis. These guys were fantastic. Second best band of the night in my opinion. The vocalist was jacked and jumping around on stage belting out his insane voice, spot on guitar work, brutal drumming, I couldn't have been happier with these guys! The only downside was that they had to cut their set a little bit but so did every band. 9.25/10
Reptile
Savior and Destroyer :rocker:
Oracle :rocker:
???? (song off new album)
Caricature

Then after them was Keep of Kalessin. They were pretty good, blackened death band from Norway! :rocker: Honestly they weren't great but not disappointing just not a huge black metal fan. I'm assuming their set was the same as the other night 6.5/10
Kolossus
The Awakening
Judgement
Dragon Iconography
Ascendant

Hate played next and remember what I said about not being a black metal fan? Well these guys were fucking awesome. So like Behemoth, who I love, so I enjoyed these guys very much. 8/10
Erebos
Hex
Resurrection Machine
Omega
Luminous Horizon

After them was Belphegor! Now these guys were good but I would've enjoyed them more if they weren't so fucking loud! They were good but their equipment was so loud that you could barely hear the vocals, and it was hard to distinguish some riffs. I was eventually able to find a spot where I could hear it okay but their sound almost killed em for me. 6/10
In Blood- Devour This Sanctity
Belphegor- Hells Ambassador
Angeli Mortis De Profundis
Impaled On The Tongue of Sathan
Lucifer Incestus
Fall To Rise and Rise To Fall
(played one or 2 more but I didn't catch the names)

Finally, a band I've been waiting almost 5 years to finally see, SEPULTURA! They killed it live! There was pretty much no pit all night but when these guys played the whole place turned into a pit. Had a great time and they were amazing live, so glad I finally got to see them. Set might be a little out of order. 9.5/10
Intro
Arise
Refuse/Resist :rocker:
Dead Embryonic Cells :rocker:
Convicted For Life
Kairos (new song)
Choke
What I Do!
The Treament
Seethe (new song)
Troops of Doom :rocker:
Meaningless Movements
Biotech is Godzilla
Territory
Inner Self

encore:
Ratamahatta
Roots Bloody Roots :rocker:

bobbie solo
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
youre insane to sit through all that shit. call the venue, find out the set times, and show a band or two before headliner.

mankvill
04-23-2011, 10:40 PM
youre insane to sit through all that shit. call the venue, find out the set times, and show a band or two before headliner.

wat

idrinkwine732
04-23-2011, 10:42 PM

lol

Bergman101
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
completely ignore the fact that I like most of the bands..... and if I showed up late and missed BBB and Neuraxis I would've been pissed.

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM

derp

Northern_Shaman
04-23-2011, 10:49 PM

http://www.mediaite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/101102_jim_clyburn_face_ap_328-300x162.jpg

jd091
04-23-2011, 11:05 PM
wat

Seconded.

Come on, half of the experience of metal shows is going early and being introduced to new or different bands you would have never heard before. Some amazing bands I caught this way- Septic Flesh, Psycroptic, Solipsist, and Keep of Kalessin to name a few. I really loved KoK last time I saw them.

cojibo
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
so between watching sepultura, cavalera conspiracy, or both, which should I go for?

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 11:21 PM
so between watching sepultura, cavalera conspiracy, or both, which should I go for?

Both? :D

Once I'll see CC in June, I'll say Sepultura any day of the week :rocker:

cojibo
04-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Both? :D

Once I'll see CC in June, I'll say Sepultura any day of the week :rocker:

haha I see. Though it is apparent that you respect Cavalera Conspiracy, you are forever loyal to Sepultura even through the transformations they have gone through. I personally have never seen any of the above groups which leaves me with a decision!

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 11:50 PM
haha I see. Though it is apparent that you respect Cavalera Conspiracy, you are forever loyal to Sepultura even through the transformations they have gone through. I personally have never seen any of the above groups which leaves me with a decision!

Max is one of my idols, and I'll go to whatever shows he plays at, but in all honesty I like Sepultura's studio recordings with Derrick just as much as the nu-metal that Max experiments with on CC and Soulfly.

I saw Soulfly this past Halloween, and it was one of the wildest shows I've ever been to. I (used to, at least) love Soulfly's studio recordings, and Max actually wrote a 39-song setlist for the Moscow date specifically, seven of which were Sepultura covers. It was a magical evening :rockdevil:rocker:

10/31/2010 Soulfly
06/24/2011 Sepultura
06/26/2011 Cavalera Conspiracy

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Great review man. Definitely a cool lineup

Northern_Shaman
04-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Was really contemplating going to this tour until Nevermore dropped off (they were supposed to replace Belphegor for some of the tour). Would love to see Keep of Kalessin most of all, though. Entered a contest to win tickets so maybe I'll luck out.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 07:25 AM
WHAT?!?! NO "ESCAPE TO THE VOID"?!?!?!?!?!!?! FAIL

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2011, 07:30 AM
This is coming to Dallas a week from tomorrow. I may just go. The set list is pretty decent.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 07:45 AM
This is coming to Dallas a week from tomorrow. I may just go. The set list is pretty decent.

GO! Go to the show. You won't regret it. So far everyone that has written a review about this tour has said nothing but great things. I will also be seeing Sepultura in 2 weeks from now and I can't fucking wait! Blitzkriegwhich craft, I urge you to go see them! Andreas Kisser still brings that epic sepultura sound when it comes to playing those classic old tunes that Soulfly and Cavalera Conspiracy Fail to Capture

Yeah I said it, I personally think Soul fly fucking suck ass at doing Sepultura covers, I don't like the style and sound that Mark Rizzo Plays when they do the covers. I'm not just talking out of my ass, I've seen soul fly in concert before, But at least when Sepultura play their "Covers" they sound almost identical to the fucking album....thanks to mr. Kisser

BLIZT, GO SEE SEPULTURA.

That is all :hmm:

jd091
04-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Sep, I always love reading your posts.

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Max is one of my idols

He may be your idol but it doesn't change the fact that he's a pumpus douche bag. I saw Soul fly last year in november. After the show was done I was chilling out side the venue with 2 other people(there was no one else, just us 3 outside). AND BOOM...There he is!! Max Cavalera!!! He was just chilling out side by him self and his wife was a little farther to the left next to the bus talking to the tour bus guy. He must have been like less than 10 inches away from me!!!!! Hell I could have patted him on the back if I wanted too, ahahahah but why would i do that? ANYWAYS, like any fan would do...me and these 2 other dudes start screaming out his name

"MAAX!?!?!?! MAX!?!?!?! MAX!!!!!!!!! MAXXXX!! SIGN OUR SHIT!! MAXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!?!"

And boom, he grabs on to his wifes hand and they DART it to the tour bus, runnin away from us as if we were a pack of savage wolves. I should remind you that there was only 3 people out side the venue, Not a swooping 300 something fans trying to get your autograph. Ever since that day, I kind of think low of max and i see why so many fans think hes a dick wad. For a fat ass, Max was running like It was for his life....he must really not like chillin with the fans :hecho:

I saw Soulfly this past Halloween, and it was one of the wildest shows I've ever been to. I (used to, at least) love Soulfly's studio recordings, and Max actually wrote a 39-song setlist for the Moscow date specifically, seven of which were Sepultura covers. It was a magical evening :rockdevil:rocker:

10/31/2010 Soulfly
06/24/2011 Sepultura
06/26/2011 Cavalera Conspiracy

What were the 7 sepultura songs? Damn, we only got 3!!

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 07:07 AM
What were the 7 sepultura songs? Damn, we only got 3!!!

Sucks about Max being a dick, he hanged out with us all after the show and was pretty cool :confused:

- Refuse & Resist
- Troops of Doom
- Arise / Dead Embryonic Cells
- Roots Bloody Roots
- Territory
- Inner Self
- Attitude

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 07:12 AM
- Inner Self

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCK

brutal_descent
04-25-2011, 07:28 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCK

;)

Noobsaibot
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I've never seen Sepultura, I am interested to see if they would be better than Soulfly. I saw Soulfly in 06 and they rocked especially when playing Beneath the Remains. I don't mind the two latest Sepultura albums so they could of played more off of Dante. I think Derrick should man up and play the guitar on all their songs, at least the max era ones.
I know Max barely plays the guitar now but still Derrick knows how to play.

jd091
04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Sep69 says they still kill it live, especially Andreas Kisser. I'd trust his judgement.

Noobsaibot
04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
The new Cavalera Conspiracy album can blow me with a condom on, and i liked their first one. Pills are bad

jd091
04-25-2011, 04:12 PM
http://captionsearch.com/pix/pijobf4e8h.jpg

mankvill
04-25-2011, 04:13 PM
http://captionsearch.com/pix/pijobf4e8h.jpg

no, his username is the tits. he can stay.

SO IT IS POSTED
SO IT SHALL BE

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
The new Cavalera Conspiracy album can blow me with a condom on, and i liked their first one. Pills are bad

You want an album to perform oral sex on you? With a condom on? Does an album even have aids? :hecho: :eyes: :hmm: :confused::punk::punk::punk::grim::mrt: :tpaper: :tpaper::tpaper: