Am I Evil? w/ Big 4
Hit The Lights
Seek & Destroy

JudasPriest89
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
So stupid they're opening with Trust!

idrinkwine732
04-23-2011, 06:30 PM
What a bitch of a setlist. I thought they'd play My Last Words for sure.

BloodoftheKings
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Anthrax set added

Sanitarium78
04-23-2011, 06:48 PM
What a bitch of a setlist. I thought they'd play My Last Words for sure.

I know because Megadeth's track record with MLW being in the set speaks for itself. I mean how can they not play a song that they never play to begin with?:tp:

Other than that the set is solid. I'm a bit torn on them opening with Trust. It's a strange choice but the song has a nice build to it before the main riff kicks in. So I guess it could work alright as an opener.

Anthrax's set is fine. It's nice to see ATL and AIR make in there since they weren't playing playing those on the American Carnage tour. But GTT has got to go in favor of something better off of POT. Appanently since Joey's come back Anthrax has forgotten that album exists:confused:

I wonder if Metallica has anything special planned for their set?

metallicbrian666
04-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Anthrax set blows aside from AIR and ATL.

Deth set blows, as always.

JRA
04-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I know because Megadeth's track record with MLW being in the set speaks for itself. I mean how can they not play a song that they never play to begin with?:tp:

Well in his defense, it has been popping up during California dates.

idrinkwine732
04-23-2011, 07:18 PM

Take it easy man, that eyerolling is serious.

slapguitarer
04-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Megadeth really sucks at comming up with setlists. I'm hoping they come up with something better for Mayhem, but I know it won't happen. :bouville:

Steev
04-23-2011, 08:12 PM
If they do "She Wolf" and "Hook In Mouth" at Mayhem Ill be happy

illuminatus917
04-23-2011, 08:13 PM
That Rust In Peace anniversary tour was probably the best set we'll ever see from Megadeth.

Indestructible
04-23-2011, 09:00 PM

You can't see where someone would want a band to throw in atleast one rare song during the only big 4 show here?

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I agree that's a pretty doo-doo Megadeth setlist. To anyone I piss off, please don't bother refuting me, cause I don't care.

Hope Slayer + Metallica's will be better. Slayer's will most likely have 2-3 changes from their recent European shows.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Metallica so far:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long

Pretty good, yet standard. I'm wondering if they have any surprises in store, as they're pretty good at that kind of thing.

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Metallica so far:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long

Pretty good, yet standard. I'm wondering if they have any surprises in store, as they're pretty good at that kind of thing.

I'm happy w/ that so far. Except for Fuel of course

jd091
04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Fuel

Gross. You can make shit smell good, but its still shit.

hellawaits77ny
04-23-2011, 09:32 PM

So true, Brother.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 09:34 PM

Fuck off.

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Wizzbang11
04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Isn't that the first Big 4 set again?

jd091
04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Fuck off.

Ouch! But this one is more like it :shred:

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion :rocker:
One

slapguitarer
04-23-2011, 10:02 PM
:bowdown:

Whole song?

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:05 PM
:bowdown:

Whole song?

I'd assume so.

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets

PlaysWithKnives
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Lightning and Puppets heavy. Orion! That's freakin sweet! That's a great set so far.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened

Osiris9019
04-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Fuck my ass that's a killer Metallica set so far. With the exception of Fuel.

AnthG
04-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I think it's safe to predict the rest of the set will be something like this:

Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Encore:

Am I Evil with big 4 bands
- Kill em all song -
Seek and Destroy

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters

Well Sandman is obviously next. I hope they do something cool for the encore.

Indestructible
04-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I know Sandman is a hit but I wouldn't care if Metallica dropped it from their set. Nothing else matters should go too. Can't complain though the rest of the set is awsome.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Shocker, ain't it?

illuminatus917
04-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh man, I forgot how much I love Orion. I'll have to go on a Metallica binge here soon...

PlaysWithKnives
04-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Blackened is the end! Nice. That set is almost perfect. I don't hate fuel like some. Its a pretty good live song. The rest of the set is pretty predictible now. Good stuff.

PlaysWithKnives
04-23-2011, 10:35 PM
I know Sandman is a hit but I wouldn't care if Metallica dropped it from their set. Nothing else matters should go too. Can't complain though the rest of the set is awsome.

I wouldent miss it either, but Sandman ain't going anywhere. NEM needs to be retired and killed. It comes off real crappy live. The posers don't even care about it. But I wouldent complain either after the rest of the set.

jd091
04-23-2011, 10:41 PM
When I saw 'em in Cleveland in 2008, we got Dyers Eve.

Dyers. Fucking. Eve.

;)

Dextrimental
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
Complete bog standard sets from all four bands. They are decent sets, yes, but nothing outside what you would get normally from them. Special occasion my ass, Metallica with a killer support.

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
-----------------------
Am I Evil? w/ Big 4
Hit The Lights

jd091
04-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Am I Evil? w/ Big 4

OH SHI-

makethemsuffer12
04-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
Orion
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
-----------------------
Am I Evil? w/ Big 4
Hit The Lights
Seek and Destroy

So this is basically the DVD setlist with Orion.

BloodoftheKings
04-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Jeff came back for this show. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9288161&id=12019910389

mankvill
04-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Metallica.

Please stop playing (or at least ending with) Seek and Destroy.

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Man, those are such underwhelming setlists.

JudasPriest89
04-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Where's Slayer's setlist?

Onioner
04-24-2011, 03:18 AM

According to SetlistFM as of 3:18 A.M...

1. That one song about blood
2. Never gonna give you up
3. Bed intruder

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 03:26 AM

I just got back from the BIG 4.

FUCKING EPIC. EPIC EPIC. I don't know what you all are bitching about with the setlists but I had a fantastic time and thought most of the sets were great AND NOT underwhelming at all! I'm too tired and drained the fuck out to leave a long rant about how great the show was so I'm just going to make it short and simple.

I thought Anthrax was ALRIGHT, Megadeth was not very good and I thought Mustains voice sucked really bad, SLAYER WAS FUCKING EPIC! Goddamn now I remember why they're one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time, and Metallica was great!!!! But Slayer stole the show for me and it made up for their horrible performance that I had to endure back in october of last year. The only downside about slayers set was it was short and that Kerrys guitar kept blowing out so all you were mostly hearing was Tom and Gary. But still, I had a fucking blast!!! I have no idea why no one has posted Slayers Set yet. Anyways Heres the set

Slayer
World Painted Blood
Hate World Wide
War Ensemble
Postmortem :rocker:
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Dead Skin Mask
Americon
Silent Scream
Anti-Christ :rocker:
Seasons in the Abyss
Payback :rocker:
Snuff
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

And yes I didn't make a typo either, Slayer did indeed go straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem. I really loved that. I don't think slayer has played Postmortem and Raining blood side by side in fuckin ages. It was really great to hear raining blood as the 5th song in the set!

Anyways You cant please them all.:tp:

I had a great fucking time. I thought all the bands were great but Slayer stole the fucking show for me. The moment the opening riff for Payback starts I just scream to the top of my lungs "PAYBACKS A BITCH MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAA" And I jump straight into the moshpit and the rest is just total annihilation :rocker:

Oh yeah, and I got to meet Disposable justice and his friend. Nice meeting you guys! Anyways I'm a leave it off like that. I had a great time, fuck the haters and when it comes down to it...for me it was like

Anthrax - Meh, not bad
Megadeth - They sounded Decent but I think Mustains voice is slowly dying on us.
Slayer - Amazing. Moshing and going crazy during "Payback" is something I will never forget! ALL HAIL SLAYER
Metallica - Great.

PEACE OUT FOLKS.

Onioner
04-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Wait a minute, you said you could only hear Tom and Gary???

Didn't Jeff Hanneman play? Or did he just come on stage for a song or something?

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Wait a minute, you said you could only hear Tom and Gary???

Didn't Jeff Hanneman play? Or did he just come on stage for a song or something?

Disposable justice told me that jeff did indeed come out for the last two songs, but I was so busy Moshing and headbanging that I never looked at the stage once so I never really payed attention to what the hell was going on up there. And yeah, during most of slayers set kerrys guitar kept blowing out. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Compared to the last time I saw slayer, this performance made up for their shitty ass sloppy performance that they had at the gibson amiphitheater in october of last year. I just loved their set so fucking much because I didn't know what to expect. Sure we didn't get chemical warfare or manditory suicide but I could care less, I've heard those songs live anyways. It felt like a treat having to get to hear Silent scream, payback, postmortem, black magic ect.

AND TOM Sounded amazing!!! Probably the best out of the 4 tonight.:rocker:

Onioner
04-24-2011, 03:43 AM
That means you saw the Seasons in the Abyss solo played correctly by Gary Holt, and saw Jeff Hanneman play Angel of Death and South of Heaven with Slayer in the same set!? I'm calling this possibly Slayer's greatest set since they stopped doing 90 minute+ shows.

hellawaits77ny
04-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Happy you had a great time, sounded like an awesome show!!!

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 03:47 AM
That means you saw the Seasons in the Abyss solo played correctly by Gary Holt, and saw Jeff Hanneman play Angel of Death and South of Heaven with Slayer in the same set!? I'm calling this possibly Slayer's greatest set since they stopped doing 90 minute+ shows.

To Tell you the truth... I dont think Gary did the Seasons solo as good as Pat O'Brien.

Also

I wouldn't say the GREATEST, but Slayers set was indeed fucking awesome. I had such a great time. 90% of that is mostly because I was so excited to see and hear what song would be played next, you know? The guessing game. They played a lot of tunes that I did not expect(I honestly didn't think we were going to get Seasons, Silent scream, Postmortem, payback ect). I also loved the fact that they went straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem was finished!!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Maidenmagic
04-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Yes, these sets are underwhelming.
Anthrax: Needs Medusa! Very catchy song. I'm glad they've stopped playing Only. I don't hate the John Bush era but I remember the crowd at the jagermeister show I went to didn't really respond to it well. The dude next to me who was singing all their songs completely froze when they played it. And this is a thrash worship fest, why not play the most brutal thrash song (in my opinion): Gung ho. I can only imagine the moshing.
Megadeth: Way too mid paced, especially for the "state of the art spped metal band." (They had that on concert advertisements back in the 80s.) I am also shocked that my last words was not played because it was played on one of the Jagermeister dates as a request from Lars. (Apparently he was at that gig.) I think it would have been cool to hear Mechanix, especially since Metallica was waiting back stage. Hangar 18 should have been replaced with Take no prisoners. Trust is a sucky opener. Set the world afire would have been more apporiate.
Slayer: I don't like them that much but antichrist is a cool song and one that I know hasn't been played often.
Metallica: Damn, did they just dial in that set or what? Although I would love to hear Creeping Death live, they need to drop it as an opener. I still think Damage inc could open a show well. Fade to black, sanitarium and nothing else matters need to go. One should be the only "ballad." I think it's a crime that they haven't played Dyer's eve for any of the big four shows. (At least to my knowledge.)
But It seems like people had a good time.

petrovar
04-24-2011, 07:33 AM
And yes I didn't make a typo either, Slayer did indeed go straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem.

hate hate hate HATE YOU!
:finger2:

ricky4502
04-24-2011, 07:36 AM

I just fucking love the fact that he has been attempting those high pitched screams again. He couldn't do it for shit when I first saw them at Unholy Alliance '06

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Am I Evil? w/ Big 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0oGUOfrEs

This time Kerry King joined in.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 08:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0oGUOfrEs

This time Kerry King and Dave Lombardo joined in.

FIXED

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2011, 08:15 AM
FIXED

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lombardo joined in the first time.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Lombardo joined in the first time.

what? You mean at the big four Show in Europe or in the U.S? I don't get what you're trying to say, my bad.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, for the big four DVD I dont think anyone from Slayer showed up to do the Am I evil sing a long. There was even an interview with kerry explaining why he or no one showed up to do the am I evil big four sing a long.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2011, 08:22 AM
what? You mean at the big four Show in Europe or in the U.S? I don't get what you're trying to say, my bad.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, for the big four DVD I dont think anyone from Slayer showed up to do the Am I evil sing a long.

Lombardo was there at Sonisphere. That's what I was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlH-5aAHSYs

He's on the righthand side of Lars (your left), wearing a black cap.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Lombardo was there at Sonisphere. That's what I was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlH-5aAHSYs

ahhh, i see, sorry about that. We all make mistakes sometimes. Especially me ;)

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 08:32 AM
I just got back from the BIG 4.

FUCKING EPIC. EPIC EPIC. I don't know what you all are bitching about with the setlists but I had a fantastic time and thought most of the sets were great AND NOT underwhelming at all! I'm too tired and drained the fuck out to leave a long rant about how great the show was so I'm just going to make it short and simple.

I thought Anthrax was ALRIGHT, Megadeth was not very good and I thought Mustains voice sucked really bad, SLAYER WAS FUCKING EPIC! Goddamn now I remember why they're one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time, and Metallica was great!!!! But Slayer stole the show for me and it made up for their horrible performance that I had to endure back in october of last year. The only downside about slayers set was it was short and that Kerrys guitar kept blowing out so all you were mostly hearing was Tom and Gary. But still, I had a fucking blast!!! I have no idea why no one has posted Slayers Set yet. Anyways Heres the set

Slayer
World Painted Blood
Hate World Wide
War Ensemble
Postmortem :rocker:
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Dead Skin Mask
Americon
Silent Scream
Anti-Christ :rocker:
Seasons in the Abyss
Payback :rocker:
Snuff
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

And yes I didn't make a typo either, Slayer did indeed go straight into Raining blood right after Postmortem. I really loved that. I don't think slayer has played Postmortem and Raining blood side by side in fuckin ages. It was really great to hear raining blood as the 5th song in the set!

Anyways You cant please them all.:tp:

I had a great fucking time. I thought all the bands were great but Slayer stole the fucking show for me. The moment the opening riff for Payback starts I just scream to the top of my lungs "PAYBACKS A BITCH MOTHER FUCKAAAAAAAAA" And I jump straight into the moshpit and the rest is just total annihilation :rocker:

Oh yeah, and I got to meet Disposable justice and his friend. Nice meeting you guys! Anyways I'm a leave it off like that. I had a great time, fuck the haters and when it comes down to it...for me it was like

Anthrax - Meh, not bad
Megadeth - They sounded Decent but I think Mustains voice is slowly dying on us.
Slayer - Amazing. Moshing and going crazy during "Payback" is something I will never forget! ALL HAIL SLAYER
Metallica - Great.

PEACE OUT FOLKS.

Slayer definitely wins the setlist contest!

JRA
04-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Metallica.

I think it's a great choice, but they tune it too low and it just sounds ugly.

JRA
04-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Slayer definitely wins the setlist contest!

Not really. They didn't even play Hell Awaits (or anything from the album).

At least they were smart enough to not play Temptation.

As average as that Megadeth set is, it wins. But yea, Dave really needs to ditch Trust as an opener.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah, I just felt like pointing out...

I have never seen so many people with Metallica Tattoos in my life. I saw one guy whos arm was plastured with nothing but metallica on it, aswell as metallica skull logos and ect. The show was plagued with Metallifanboys.

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Not really. They didn't even play Hell Awaits (or anything from the album).

At least they were smart enough to not play Temptation.

As average as that Megadeth set is, it wins. But yea, Dave really needs to ditch Trust as an opener.

Actually that Megadeth setlist sucks nuts. If I were to list my Top 20 favorite Megadeth songs there might be 4-5 of them in there. Not playing This Day We Fight at this point is a total FAIL!

JRA
04-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Actually that Megadeth setlist sucks nuts. If I were to list my Top 20 favorite Megadeth songs there might be 4-5 of them in there. Not playing This Day We Fight at this point is a total FAIL!

If I were to list my top 20 Slayer songs only 2-3 of them would be in theirs.;)

Sanitarium78
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't understand how people can be think Metallica's set is weak in anyway. If you were at that show you'd be going nuts during CD, FWTBT, RTD, FTB, Sanitarium, Orion, Blackened, AMI and HTL. So don't try and act like your cool by bitching about it. When was the last time Metallica played a single set with all those songs in it?

I get why some maybe kind of "meh" about the other sets but at least Metallica was the only band who attempted to make the set special in someway. I guess I can say the same for Anthrax because of ATL and AIR being added in. If anybody mailed it in it song selection wise it was Megadeth and Slayer becuase they played the exact same set they were doing on the European Canage tour for the last month. Still, their sets aren't bad at all.

I would've loved to have gone to this but hopefully this will lead to a full tour next year. Honestly, if I were to go to see this show and I got the same exact setlists that they played here I'd be happy as hell.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm please with the sets for Anthrax and Megadeth. I don't give two shits about the other bands, but over all, happy with the sets.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't understand how people can be think Metallica's set is weak in anyway. If you were at that show you'd be going nuts during CD, FWTBT, RTD, FTB, Sanitarium, Orion, Blackened, AMI and HTL. So don't try and act like your cool by bitching about it. When was the last time Metallica played a single set with all those songs in it?

I would've loved to have gone to this but hopefully this will lead to a full tour next year. Honestly, if I were to go to see this show and I got the same exact setlists that they played here I'd be happy as hell.

This, all of this! Metallica was indeed the 2nd best band of the night and had the craziest crowed as well, a little crazier than slayer. For the first time I saw fire pits and a bunch of moshpits at a metallica show. It was amazing. There were fire pits and all out moshing all around me in my area of the venue. the first 5 times I saw metallica the crowed was tame and there was very little...actually Nah not little...just no moshing at all...what so ever...but not at this show...no sir-EEE! Metallica was fuckin amazing and I didnt know what to expect. I didnt follow the big 4/sonisphere shit back in 2010 so I really didnt know what to expect or was familiar with their setlists so for me this was all BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!! :rocker:

And when they played orion i went bat shit crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy!!!!!!! :drool:

ImmortalEmperor
04-24-2011, 11:30 AM

This. As someone who stopped buying Metallica albums after AJFA, I was really impressed with their set. Starting out with 4 out of 5 from RTL was like a dream come true. Sure, like a lot of the older fans, I would prefer only songs from the first three or four albums, but to hear this many of the classics was really cool. It reminded me of why I fell in love with Metallica in the first place back in 1984. All in all, a really great show and well worth the trip from the Pacific Northwest.

elturtleboy
04-24-2011, 11:36 AM
tooo fuckin tired right now. Quick review

Metallica:wow::bowdown:
Slayer:rocker::666:
Megadeth:bricks::wtf:
Anthrax:horns::blaze:

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Best Slayer set I've seen in recent history.
2 songs off Show No Mercy.
Only 2 songs off South of Heaven (no Mandatory Suicide.)
I'm sooo jealous, that is fucking awesome. And Postmortem-Raining Blood.

Megadeth set is lame. Metallica set is pretty great. Would have been a fun show.

elturtleboy
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM

Megadeth set is lame. Metallica set is pretty great. Would have been a fun show.

THIS!

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
This. As someone who stopped buying Metallica albums after AJFA, I was really impressed with their set. Starting out with 4 out of 5 from RTL was like a dream come true. Sure, like a lot of the older fans, I would prefer only songs from the first three or four albums, but to hear this many of the classics was really cool. It reminded me of why I fell in love with Metallica in the first place back in 1984. All in all, a really great show and well worth the trip from the Pacific Northwest.

You guys

you guys

you still didn't get

DYERS EVE

:ass:

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Shortest straw, harvester of sorrow, dyers eve... my Cleveland 2008 date is automatically 10 times better than this entire show.

slapguitarer
04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Shortest straw, harvester of sorrow, dyers eve... my Cleveland 2008 date is automatically 10 times better than this entire show.

But you didn't have Orion...

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 11:58 AM

It's not, but that's ok.
You didn't have Black Magic and the Antichrist from slayer, which are 10x better than those three songs combined.

jd091
04-24-2011, 11:59 AM
It's not, but that's ok.
You didn't have Black Magic and the Antichrist from slayer, which are 10x better than those three songs combined.

But I got lamb of god

And gojira

Oh snap

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 12:01 PM
But I got lamb of god

And gojira

Oh snap

Are you actually comparing Lamb of God and Gojira to the rest of the big 4?
Say what you will about Anthrax and Megadeth (they certainly deserve it), it's the big 4. Hella historical n shit son.

jd091
04-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Say what you will about Anthrax and Megadeth (they certainly deserve it), it's the big 4. Hella historical n shit son.

I'm kidding I'm kidding, of course the big 4 is a better lineup :D It's fucking Slayer, for chrissakes.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Megadeth's history has been much stronger than Slayer's. If you buy one album, lets be honest, you have purchased all Slayer albums. So I'm unsure why there is all this talk about Megadeth being a small time band... It's not like Slayer is close to be as successful.

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Well said...

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Megadeth's history has been much stronger than Slayer's. If you buy one album, lets be honest, you have purchased all Slayer albums. So I'm unsure why there is all this talk about Megadeth being a small time band... It's not like Slayer is close to be as successful.

No way.
The first three albums are very different, I suppose the next two are forgettable and similar and the mid 90's stuff is garbage, but is still much different. I'll take bad Slayer over any Megadeth post RIP.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 12:55 PM

No, if you buy one Slayer album, let's be honest, you've bought one Slayer album.

Show No Mercy doesn't sound anything like any other Slayer album, same goes for Hell Awaits. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are pretty similar stylistically, but if you only buy Seasons, then you're gonna miss out on the great songs on South. The albums sound alike, but the songs do not. Those two also sound somewhat like Reign in Blood, but not entirely.

Even their later efforts don't really sound like each other. Diabolus sounds nothing like the rest of their discography. Neither does GHUA. Christ Illusion and WPB are kinda similar. Divine Intervention does sound a lot like Reign in Blood. That's it.

I'm just fucking sick of everybody saying that all of Slayer's albums sound the same. It's not true at all.

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
No, if you buy one Slayer album, let's be honest, you've bought one Slayer album.

Show No Mercy doesn't sound anything like any other Slayer album, same goes for Hell Awaits. South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are pretty similar stylistically, but if you only buy Seasons, then you're gonna miss out on the great songs on South. The albums sound alike, but the songs do not. Those two also sound somewhat like Reign in Blood, but not entirely.

Even their later efforts don't really sound like each other. Diabolus sounds nothing like the rest of their discography. Neither does GHUA. Christ Illusion and WPB are kinda similar. Divine Intervention does sound a lot like Reign in Blood. That's it.

I'm just fucking sick of everybody saying that all of Slayer's albums sound the same. It's not true at all.

This

petrovar
04-24-2011, 01:03 PM

THANK YOU!:party::party::party:

jhdeity
04-24-2011, 01:03 PM

To me the true arguments would be Slayer vs. Metallica and Megadeth vs. Anthrax.

OraclesofAgony
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Slayer just had to pick Americon didn't they? I would've taken any song off WPB over that one, it's my least favorite off the album. Human Strain or Playing With Dolls would've been great. And playing Payback was kind of a headscratcher as well when they didn't play Disciple. But aside from that their set was pretty damn awesome. Posmortem, Black Magic, Silent Scream, The Anti-Christ, I went crazy for those, as well as the classics and songs from Seasons they played during American Carnage Carnage. And seeing Jeff Hanneman out there for the encore was a great moment.

Finally got to see Wake Up Dead from Megadeth as well and that was amazing.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM
This

:lovedup:

THANK YOU!:party::party::party:

YOU'RE WELCOME!!! :party::party::party:

OraclesofAgony
04-24-2011, 01:16 PM

Yes he was so much better than the two American Carnage shows I saw him at and that made me very happy. His vocals during Dead Skin Mask were awesome.

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

Me too. I don't get how God Hates Us all, South of Heaven, Reign in Blood and Haunting the Chapel all sound the same? :confused:

If you want to talk about a band that sounds the same in all there albums..... then that would be Motorhead:tp:

elturtleboy
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Metallica.

yes i dont like em ending with it at all. It should be whiplash

jd091
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Me too. I don't get how God Hates Us all, South of Heaven, Reign in Blood and Haunting the Chapel all sound the same? :confused:

If you want to talk about a band that sounds the same in all there albums..... then that would be Motorhead:tp:

It's true they all sound different, but to what extent? I can see both sides of the argument. Its not like, say, Opeth where Orchid sounds completely different from Still Life which sounds completely different than Watershed, etc. Slayer is still, more or less, writing the same style of thrash they have been doing for almost 30 years. The "Slayer Sound", if you will.

Yeah, Christ Illusion and Hell Awaits are completely different, but still in the same niche I would argue. The band never went through a metamorphosis like other metal bands.

christopher
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Here is my long review about my day in the VIP section of the Big 4.

What a long ass day yesterday was. It had its good and bad points. I had to be upat 630am so I could get everything ready to leave for the Big 4 show and had to be at work at 8am and worked till 1230pm. My friend, Mike, met me at work at 1230 and we drove from La Verne straight to Indio. I was flying down the 10 at 85 to 90mph. I got off the freeway around 215 and sat in traffic for a mile or so, then tragedy hit. I smelled something funky and immediately saw steam pouring out from under my hood. I looked down and my engine was over heating :mad: I quickly pulled over on a side. I lifted the hood and saw the radiator had over heated and radiator fluid was boiling out and going everywhere. Worst timing ever!! I called up my dad, who knows everything about cars, trying to get some help on what to do. He told me he was going to get the trailer and come get me and my car and I would have to forget about my show:boohoo: At that point I was heart broken. My VIP ticket would go to waste and I was going to miss the show I had been waiting for years to see. I sat there pouting about what I was going to miss, then I came up with an idea. I would have my parents get the car, then my other friend, Bryan, who was showing up in a bit could drive my friend and me home after the show. I had Bryan pick up Mike while I waited for my parents, then I was going to meet up with them in a bit at the show. My parents were cool with that, so I sat and waited, then something amazing happened. A man with a tool box walked up to me and asked me what was wrong. I told him my radiator blew and I was stranded, being forced to miss the show. He told me to pop the hood and patched up my car so that I would be able to drive to the show and slowly creep it home after so my parents wouldn't have to come get it. I was extremely happy that he was able to fix my car because I was crushed about missing it. The guy went even further to offer to let me leave my car at his house for a bit, which I was parked in front of, and he would drop me off at the show. I told him he already did too much and thanked him greatly for everything. I went and got to the show, parked in the VIP lot and went in.

I walked in through the VIP entrance not knowing I was in the VIP exclusive section, so I didn't pay attention to detail at first. I heard Anthrax going into Metal Thrashing Mad, so I walked over to the field to catch the end of Anthrax and meet up with Bryan and Mike. As I walked across the field, I noticed the sound was terrible in the back. I finally met up with my friends at the I Love Vagina booth haha, it was the onl obvious thing in the distance we could both see. At this point Anthrax was over. Mike wanted to go find a good spot for Megadeth, Bryan needed to find our friend Gerry and I wanted to go check out what my VIP ticket had to offer me. I went back to the VIP area to find. Instead of jut being offered beer and margaritas, we had a full bar. There was a lot of food choices, but I couldn't find anything vegan even though it was advertised as having vegan options:bouville: So I just got a few Sailor Jerrys and redbull and walked over and found a spot in the Megadeth pit. They were ok. After hearing the RIP 3 times last year, this set wasn't that fun. I just stuck to the back and waited for them to end. I went back to the bar for my final drink. I asked the guy to just give me a bunch of sailor on the rocks and he literally filled up a glass full of rum and charged me for a single shot :D

I went back and found a nice spot up front for Slayer. At this point I was pretty drunk and I cut myself off cause I had around 4 hours or so till I needed to be sober enough to drive. I was about 10 feet behind the rail and was enjoying every moment of it. Gary Holt definitely put on a great job filling in for Jeff. I took a quick piss break during Seasons in the Abyss cause I knew I wouldn't want to miss the end of the set. I got back to the pit in time to sing along for Antichrist. I walked through the crowd and some bitch dug her claws in my back cause I was getting closer than her, even though there was a clear amount of space to walk through without pushing people to the side. I was glad to see Jeff come out for the last two songs. Too bad we didn't get Evil has no Boundaries.

After this was the big part of the day I had been waiting for. I turned off my phone so I wouldn't pocket dial anyone. Everyone was pushing and shoving to get up front, as usual for all pits. There were the dumb asses who wanted to be up front but get butt hurt when someone pushed into them. The guy next to me wanted to fight someone everytime someone else was forced in front of him cause the crowd was pushing him there uncontrollably. Another annoying point was when the girl on the other side of me turned to her boyfriend and asked "is the next band the one that did that sandman song?" I wanted to punch her in the face.

Metallica finally went on and everyone went crazy! I was tripping out for a bit when the first 5 songs were 4 songs off of RTL and James kept saying tonight was going to be put down in history. I figured not only is it the Big 4, but we were going to hear RTL all the way through, which turned out to be wrong haha. I was happy to hear soo many songs I haven't seen live by Metallica before. I was happy there were only two songs off of Death Magnetic, 3 songs off of Black album and Fuel could have not been played. I almost shat myself when Orion was played :rocker: I was really happy to see the Big 4 jam on Am I Evil. At this point I was 2 people behind the railing, so I coulld see everything clearly. James was close by, so I screamed Phantom Lord twice, he heard me, looked and smiled, then went into Hit the Lights. Too bad no Phantom Lord but I'm glad I got Hit the Lihts. Songs I never saw live were RTL, Blackened, Orion, Welcome Home, Am I Evil, Hit the Lights. After they were over Rob and Kirk threw out a box full of Big 4 picks. They seemed to throw them in ever spot that wasn't me haha, so I didn't get one. Found my friend and got home at 2am, dead tired. Overall it was a great day:party:

ravenheart
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Huh... all four of those setlists could probably have been written with 90% accuracy long before this show.

:zzz:

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
The band never went through a metamorphosis like other metal bands.
That's true....BUT THEY STILL FUCKIN' RULE :rocker:

JRA
04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Megadeth's history has been much stronger than Slayer's. If you buy one album, lets be honest, you have purchased all Slayer albums.

I live for criticizing Slayer and calling their fanboys retards and even I know this statement is bullshit.

jd091
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Great review, vegan! Sounds awesome, too bad about the car though.

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Slayer have yet to release anything as bad as Risk. Slayer and Megadeth both suffer from the bulk of their fanbase disliking thier output for the last 15 years, and in terms of overall audience, are about the same level of draw, from what I have seen anyway. They are on a pretty similar playing field in terms of overall audience size, but in terms of output, Slayer have ALWAYS sounded like Slayer, you know what you are getting, and I like that, its what you want out of a 30 year old band. Megadeth have tried different things, and it worked against them.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 02:24 PM
I took a quick piss break during Seasons in the Abyss

:eek::eek::eek:

Sepultura69
04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember right before Metallica hit the stage I didnt wanna walk all the way to the bathrooms so I grabbed an empty plastic beer cup, stuck it down my pants and let my wiener do all the working and boom.....That's my piss break for ya:cool:

christopher
04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. I remember right before Metallica hit the stage I didnt wanna walk all the way to the bathrooms so I grabbed an empty plastic beer cup, stuck it down my pants and let my wiener do all the working and boom.....That's my piss break for ya:cool:

Yeah I didn't want to get caught up in the crowd going to take a piss between sets and miss getting a great spot. I have a really close pic of the entire band together at the end, but some jackass next to me bumped into me last second and its really blurry. I turned my phone on during Nothing Else Matters and heres the best pic I got with my phone

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221598_1612255398035_1585778615_31122223_1798715_n .jpg

Oh btw, NEM and ETS back to back = :zzz:

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 02:32 PM

I did that for slayer at the barrier four years ago hahahaha, I did it during slayers set as well, and just threw it to the side then! The things we go through eh?

larvtard
04-24-2011, 02:42 PM
No, I mean why would you do it during that song? That's Slayer's best live song, bar none.

Also, that's hilarious sep...and probably unsanitary :lol:

christopher
04-24-2011, 02:44 PM
No, I mean why would you do it during that song? That's Slayer's best live song, bar none.

Also, that's hilarious sep...and probably unsanitary :lol:

Oh cause I don't care about that song. In my opinion, that and South of Heaven(the songs) are boring live. Everything after Reign in Blood was meh to me. Show No Mercy will always be the best Slayer record in my opinion, but to each their own

OraclesofAgony
04-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh cause I don't care about that song. In my opinion, that and South of Heaven(the songs) are boring live. Everything after Reign in Blood was meh to me. Show No Mercy will always be the best Slayer record in my opinion, but to each their own

I was hoping for something from Haunting the Chapel. Chemical Warfare or Captor of Sin. "Haunting the Chapel" would be amazing but that was a long shot. But luckily they played Black Magic and The Antichrist. And they played my favorite song off of South of Heaven aside from the title track, Silent Scream.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 03:05 PM

Those are my two favorite live songs by them :lol:

christopher
04-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I was hoping for something from Haunting the Chapel. Chemical Warfare or Captor of Sin. "Haunting the Chapel" would be amazing but that was a long shot. But luckily they played Black Magic and The Antichrist. And they played my favorite song off of South of Heaven aside from the title track, Silent Scream.

Yeah I would love to have heard those songs. I think I heard Chemical Warfare once, don't remember. I was mad cause they started Silent Scream right when I was in the bathroom :mad: I actually like that song.

IrritatedTrout
04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Was anyone near the front? How was the crush?

christopher
04-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Not bad, I was right in front of the band, but then again there were less people pushing me than there was for someone at the front of the GA section

IrritatedTrout
04-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Cool, I had forgotten that there were two pit areas for this show.

OraclesofAgony
04-24-2011, 03:25 PM

I was in GA. For Anthrax it wasn't too bad. For Megadeth it was pretty crazy but not as bad as it was when they played the Palladium last year. Slayer and Metallica both were pretty intense at first but then it started to die down in the middle of their sets when they started playing the slower stuff. It picked back up for Metallica when they played Blackened.

Dominicus 1988
04-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Did anyone catch the opening bass note for Orio during sound check? Me and my friend heard it but we just didn't want to believe it. Best moment of the night when they played it :D

rjturtle9
04-24-2011, 03:58 PM
tooo fuckin tired right now. Quick review

Metallica:wow::bowdown:
Slayer:rocker::666:
Megadeth:bricks::wtf:
Anthrax:horns::blaze:

I don't want to post a review, so Turtle boy's will do just fine.

Wind made the sound horrible too, just putting that out there.

DisposableJustice
04-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I just got back to Denver...and FUCKING WOW what an experience!!!

My friend and I flew into Ontario and did the shuttle thing; we missed most of Anthrax's set due to traffic and me making sure to get my size shirt; From what I heard they put on a great show but since we missed I can't give it a grade

Megadeth was good but something felt lacking; the setlist was ok but nothing blew me away and the sound seemed a little muffled, I don't know if it was the wind or what; They were tight musically and it was good but it has been all stuff I have heard before; C mon Dave live a little!

7/10

Slayer...HOLY SHIT they stole the whole show imo; what a perfect setlist (ok if I am picky I wanted to hear Mandatory Suicide, Chemical Warfare, and/or Hell Awaits) but DAMN; Fucking postmortem tore my head off and to flow into Raining Blood AND Black magic was pure win. Dead Skin Mask may be overplayed but that night was special, and you cannot go wrong with Silent Scream. They kept pounding us with Antichrist and Payback!:rocker:

Even as much shit Americon gets I liked it live....More thumbs up for playing my favorite Seasons....then the real treat was Jeff coming on for South and Angel; I will say Gary Holt did a great job for the 1st part of the set but seeing Jeff play even a little after all he has been through was special;

Overall Slayer stepped it up and had perfect sound from where we were..I went the most crazy (those couple of beers helped) but hands done Slayer were the best 11/10

Metallica did played great as they have the past 4 times I've seen them, but I felt their setlist was kinda ho hum; nothing special for me...expect of course Orion that was fucking sweet glad they did that for the US fans finally

I wasn't in love with the Big 4 Am I Evil thing; don't great me wrong I enjoyed it but I think it was more special when they did it in Sofia for the DVD; I think it should have stayed a one time thing; it felt like it lost some luster last night. 9/10

As for the show I think they did a great job with the setup; the sound was great from almost everywhere; the weather was PERFECT: clear skies and sun but a nice breeze to keep us cool; Hell even the food was good. My only gripe here was they did a horrible job on the merch table; No control on lines and jamming everyone into a close space with no direction on who was next or what

Aside from that I have to say this was the best show I have been to ever; I was glad to meet Sep. I'm sorry we didn't meet up some more but it was a trip to see someone in real life from these forums:party:

We were a part of history and I was glad to be there:rocker:

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 06:48 PM

Well when everything I have ever heard sounds the same then I beg to differ on your point. You lot being Slayer fans doesn't do the greater audience of metal any justice. You all have the bias of saying that Slayer is different album to album, but if you pull a song from each, thrash is thrash and there is no if's and's or but's about it. Same goes with death metal but I don't argue it because I accept it. But to think that Slayer are as successful as Megadeth as someone else posted is laughable at best. Megadeth have sold an estimated 26 million records, opposed to Slayer's 3,967,918 (2005).

As of 2005:
SLAYER
Show No Mercy: 158,000
Haunting The Chapel: 109,000
Live Undead: 67,000
Hell Awaits: 148,000 482,000
Reign In Blood: 509,000
South Of Heaven: 485,000
Seasons In The Abyss: 659,000
Decade of Aggression: 406,000
Divine Intervention: 493,000
Undisputed Attitude: 238,000
Diabolus In Musica: 290,000
God Hates Us All: 304,000
Christ Illusion: 101,918

MEGADETH
"Killing is My Business...And Business is Good!*"- 197,000
"Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?*" - 609,000
"So Far, So Good...So What*!" - 388,000
"Rust In Peace*" - 781,000
"Countdown to Extinction*" - 2,272,000
"Youthanasia" - 938,000
"Hidden Treasures*" (out of print) - 286,000
"Cryptic Writings*" - 787,000
"Risk" - 322,000
"The World Needs A Hero" - 219,000
"The System Has Failed" - 171,000

*Not factoring re-issue

New Albums:
World Painted Blood 1st week: 41,000
United Abominations 1st week: 54,000
Endgame 1st week: 45,000
Endgame as of April: 150,000

Stats don't lie, Slayer ain't nothing to Megadeth.

larvtard
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Well when everything I have ever heard sounds the same then I beg to differ on your point. You lot being Slayer fans doesn't do the greater audience of metal any justice. You all have the bias of saying that Slayer is different album to album, but if you pull a song from each, thrash is thrash and there is no if's and's or but's about it. Same goes with death metal but I don't argue it because I accept it. But to think that Slayer are as successful as Megadeth as someone else posted is laughable at best. Megadeth have sold an estimated 26 million records, opposed to Slayer's 3,967,918 (2005).

As of 2005:
SLAYER

MEGADETH
"Youthanasia" - 938,000
"Risk" - 322,000

*Not factoring re-issue

New Albums:

wasn't talking about album sales... wait were you saying that album sales correspond to how good a band is? ;)

also, this statement is false: "You all have the bias of saying that Slayer is different album to album, but if you pull a song from each, thrash is thrash and there is no if's and's or but's about it"

Maiden33
04-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I think I know what he was going at by pulling sales figures into the equation - but that being said, sales figures are hardly the be-all, end-all of a band's popularity and legacy. For example, do you have any idea how many pop artists of yesteryear have equaled if not outsold Iron Maiden? Now, how many of those artists are doing their biggest tours of all-time now, selling more tickets, playing in more countries, and setting attendance records?

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 07:02 PM
wasn't talking about album sales... wait were you saying that album sales correspond to how good a band is? ;)

also, this statement is false: "You all have the bias of saying that Slayer is different album to album, but if you pull a song from each, thrash is thrash and there is no if's and's or but's about it"

If album sales determine quality, Lady Gaga is better than any band on this forum.

christopher
04-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Haha. Seriously, album sales don't mean shit to me. There are so many great bands out there that get little exposure because main stream record companies don't want to sell their shit because its not part of the cookie cutter shit the record company wants to put out and sell a million copies of. For instance, Taylor Swift is only good at sucking dick not music, Hank III is way better at real country music and he has sold a percentage of what that bitch has.

But to your point about the different Slayer sounds, yeah Show No Mercy to Hell Awaits sounds different than the other Slayer albums just cause their the best ones. Reign in Blood kicked ass, but that was the last good effort Slayer put out. I will always say SNM, HA and HTC are the best things Slayer put out because they are evil and violent as fuck. Well to be honest, Live Undead is a little better than SNM cause it doesn't have as much high singing and a little more raw. Around the late 80s, a lot of those great thrash bands lost their touch in my opinion. SOH and SITA had some decent songs on it, but I didn't like them that much overall. I really liked CI and WPB when I first heard it but got over them fast and don't really care for them that much anymore. Basically the first few releases that I mentioned earlier are the only ones that can keep my attention consistently

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 07:13 PM

As of 2005:
SLAYER

MEGADETH
"Youthanasia" - 938,000
"Risk" - 322,000

*Not factoring re-issue

New Albums:

Slayer are about equal with Megadeth. Megadeth have sold more albums, and probably sell a few more tickets while on tour, but I would put them on the same level. You can sit there and quote stats all you like, but touring doesn't lie, these guys play around the same sized vanues and get around the same sied crowds. Case in point, they both play a venue in Dublin called the Ambassador they both sell it out. They both play the Marquee in Cork, and Slayer did better in that. They woul be on pretty even footing in terms of overall preference with fans, with more leaning towards Megadeth due to Daves ability to attract virtuoso guitarists.

Maiden33
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
For all those posting "Durrr Sales Figures don't make one band superior to another"... You're right, that goes without saying, but no one was ever trying to argue that. The question was which band is more SUCCESSFUL. And though I posted saying sales figures are hardly even the be-all, end-all of that, they are certainly a fair chunk of what measures overall success.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
I brought sales into this because of the recent argument that Slayer is a bigger band than Megadeth which is not true in the least.

And obviously there is a bias on all fan bases. A lot of people will say that Cannibal Corpse sounds the same on every album, and me being a fan I will say that isn't true. So there you go Slayer fans.

In terms of musical quality and ability, Megadeth. In terms of overall thrash, Slayer. In terms of overall success, Megadeth. In terms of starting more extreme genres, Slayer. But overall impact on metal, Megadeth.

AnthG
04-24-2011, 07:33 PM

Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
If album sales determine quality, Michael Jackson is better than any band on this forum.

Fixed.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Uhhh, Gojira and Lamb of God are better than Megadeth and Slayer. I'm sure people will say "Oh will Gojira and LOG wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Slayer and Megadeth", but that doesn't change the fact that Gojira and Lamb of God make better music.

:lol: My foot.

Blacktooth85
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah I wish Mustaine would freshen up his set-list a little. Like throw more stuff from Peace Sells considering it's the 25th anniversary, and don't open with Trust. I know he's talking about doing an anniversary tour later in the year...minus The Conjuring....minus Good Mourning/Black Friday....minus Bad Omen. Fuckin' Jesus freak.

And i still don't like the fact nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel for Slayer. They have room for all those World Painted Shit songs but none off those classic albums? Still a pretty good set for the most part.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:36 PM
And i still don't like the fact nothing off Hell Awaits or Haunting the Chapel for Slayer. They have room for all those World Painted Shit songs but none off those classic albums? Still a pretty good set for the most part.

wouldn't you still wanna promote the new album? :eyes:

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 07:38 PM
wouldn't you still wanna promote the new album? :eyes:

Not at a one-off US Big Four date. Honestly, I'm sure this was fun as fuck for anybody that went, but for a milestone like this, I'm sure the bands involved could've written up better setlists.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Not at a one-off US Big Four date. Honestly, I'm sure this was fun as fuck for anybody that went, but for a milestone like this, I'm sure the bands involved could've written up better setlists.

Well duh... Megadeth could have done Ashes in Your Mouth... But I saw it once on the 2007 tour so I'm alright with it haha

Any Megadeth set is a good set for me. Love it all... Minus most of Risk and The World Needs A Hero

Blacktooth85
04-24-2011, 07:41 PM

Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Are you fuckin' serious? Lamb of God are one of the most unoriginal, repetitive bands i ever heard. Pure Generic American Metal. Do they even play guitar solos or do they have to call Alex Skolnick and Chris Poland on every album to play them? And recycle Testament riffs

Don't bring Testament into this... lol

larvtard
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/174/trollface.png

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Sorry, two points to make here:

1: They solo in that same track Poland and Skolnick solo on. And no they don't solo on every track, because not every songs NEEDS a solo, if it works as a song without a solo, why force one in.

2: They've thus far used one riff which sounds like a Testament riff. After that, as far as I now its all them, and they are one of the BEST bands around, but thats my opinion, I just wanted to correct you on those two points.

makethemsuffer12
04-24-2011, 08:18 PM
It's totally fine if you like those bands more than 'Deth and Slayer, but don't be a dick about it state it like it's a fact.

First off, guitar solos =/= good music. Second, based on this it seems that you have barely listened to anything by this band at all and are just trying your hardest to bash them. Real cool, dude.

jd091
04-24-2011, 08:24 PM

Not true. They revitalized american heavy metal, and are single handedly responsible for commercially killing nu-metal. One of the most influential and important metal bands to come out in the last 10 years.

I believe you are referring to this post by me:

But I got lamb of god

And gojira

Oh snap

Where I was trolling that my Cleveland show in 2008 was better than this one. I was originally arguing that metallica had a better set on that one, playing Dyers Eve, Harvester of Sorrow, and Shortest Straw, but it's foolish to argue Gojira and LoG being better than the big 4 as a lineup even though I do enjoy listening to those 2 bands more than megadeth, or even Slayer. :eyes:

I'm biased of course, and being of a younger generation, growing up and listening to Ashes of the Wake right it came out changed my heavy metal life, just like many older guys lives changed in the 80's listening to Reign in Blood or Master of Puppets.

ricky4502
04-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I personally loved the set from Anthrax, I was only bummed they didn't do Gung Ho.

Megadeth was great and I can't really complain about their set since it was only my 2nd time seeing them I only wish their set was longer. I like trust a lot but was expecting them to open with Holy Wars or something like that. I would've really liked to have heard Rattlehead, Take No Prisoners, Five Magics, This Day We Fight and How The Story Ends or even the Conjuring especially since it's Charlie Benante's favorite song. I know Dave doesn't want to play that song but I was hoping he'd make that one exception. I think he sounded better than he did at the Jagermeister Music Tour though.

SLAYER did indeed steal the show, it would just have been nice if they had thrown in Aggressive Pefector again, Disciple, Tormentor, Hell Awaits and At Dawn They Sleep. Oh yeah and Payback was a real treat and a real surprise. That was one of the highlights. Another highlight was the 2 dudes in wheel chairs who got into one of the moshpits and got wheeled around by some of the moshers. That almost brought a tear to my eye.

Since I had never seen Metallica before I was quite happy with their set list for the most part, they could have done without Fuel (fucking hate that song), Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters and instead played The Four Horsemen, Whiplash and Fight Fire With Fire.

All in all it was a good show, all of the bands were awesome I only wish they all had the full sets rather than just Metallica, I mean the trailer did say every band gets a full set so I was expecting every band to do encores and play for at least 90 mins. I also hated the fact that the center screen was only used for Metallica and there was no inverted crosses for South of Heaven. It was nice seeing Metallica for the 1st time but I think I enjoyed the Jagermeister Music Tour more even though Daves voice had been coming and going and I couldn't hear Jeff's guitar for shit. I thought this was going to be the best concert of my life but that title still belongs to MAIDEN's Somewhere Back in Time and Final Frontier tours.

jd091
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM
I think I enjoyed the Jagermeister Music Tour more

wat

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2011, 08:54 PM
wat

I could understand that. Unless it's a big band with a lot of crowd interaction and what not, huge open air fests aren't that good. Metallica and Megadeth I can see working open air properly, but the other two no way. So having smaller indoor venues without Metallica, sure.

Blacktooth85
04-24-2011, 09:06 PM
It's totally fine if you like those bands more than 'Deth and Slayer, but don't be a dick about it state it like it's a fact.

First off, guitar solos =/= good music. Second, based on this it seems that you have barely listened to anything by this band at all and are just trying your hardest to bash them. Real cool, dude.

I was just going off on the guy that said Lamb of God and Gojira were better than Megadeth and Slayer. Those bands don't have shit on Megadeth or Slayer.... And I've heard quite a few LOG songs and nothing impressed me musically.

jd091
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I was just going off on the guy that said Lamb of God and Gojira were better than Megadeth and Slayer. Those bands don't have shit on Megadeth or Slayer.... And I've heard quite a few LOG songs and nothing impressed me musically.

oooooooh

I will show you

all that I have masterrrrrred

FEAAAAR

PAAAAIN

HATRED

POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

I don't get how you don't like LoG.

ricky4502
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I could understand that. Unless it's a big band with a lot of crowd interaction and what not, huge open air fests aren't that good. Metallica and Megadeth I can see working open air properly, but the other two no way. So having smaller indoor venues without Metallica, sure.

Yeah it's not just that but I mean c'mon at that show Megadeth played Rust in Peace in full and they had Kerry King join in on "Rattlehead"... well at least for the last show which I was at they did. SLAYER played Seasons from start to finish and we had Aggressive Pefector but then again I'm not saying that their set at that show was any better than last nights. Anthrax's set last night was pretty much the same with "Got the Time" and "Among the Living" added in.

AnthG
04-24-2011, 09:59 PM

Yeah, because clearly no one ever ever states their opinions as if they're fact, especially on this forum and in this thread. :tp:

Everyone holds and states an opinion on a topic as if they believe it to be true. That's the purpose that opinions serve. If you don't agree with me, then hey, that's fine. But my post was not only stating my opinion about the bands in question, but also a response to the guy who said "don't compare Gojira and LoG to the big 4", or something. As if being around longer and having that status of being legendary automatically makes them immune to comparison to newer bands without such a reputation. It's funny, because i'm sure if I said the opposite of the matter (Megadeth and Slayer are better than Lamb of God and Gojira), then no one would be chiming in and saying anything about that. But because some of the big 4 were compared unfavourably to other bands, oh noes! Blasphemy!11!!11!

Seriously, if you disagree with me, that's fine. And if you want to rebuttle and basically just state that opinion as if it's a fact, that's also fine. I just hate when people get so upset when their favourite bands are talked about negatively and people have to be all "Ohh, well that's only your opinion bro..." Because one thing that's 10x more annoying than people who are dicks about their opinions are the people who have to chime in and say how it's only their opinions and that you can't say something is better than the other without stating "I think" or "in my opinion" at the beginning of it.

BloodoftheKings
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Seriously, if you disagree with me, that's fine. And if you want to rebuttle and basically just state that opinion as if it's a fact, that's also fine. I just hate when people get so upset when their favourite bands are talked about negatively and people have to be all "Ohh, well that's only your opinion bro..." Because one thing that's 10x more annoying than people who are dicks about their opinions are the people who have to chime in and say how it's only their opinions and that you can't say something is better than the other without stating "I think" or "in my opinion" at the beginning of it.

:fist:THIS x 1000:fist:

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
I feel bad for accidentally bringing Lamb of God and Gojira into this. It was intended as a joke, and never to compare anything. I mean, how can you compare them? Totally different styles of metal from different time periods. Is Opeth better than Slayer or Megadeth? How about Amon Amarth? What of Emperor, or Immortal? Hell, even Black Sabbath? You can't compare. It comes down to opinion, and well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/296/1198057-thedude_super.jpg

Anyway, back to the big 4:

SLAYER NEEDS MORE HELL AWAITS IN THIS SET, and :bigfinger TO WORLD PAINTED BLOOD OPENING EVERY GODDAMN SHOW IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. /rant

hellawaits77ny
04-24-2011, 10:34 PM
SLAYER NEEDS MORE HELL AWAITS IN THIS SET, and :bigfinger TO WORLD PAINTED BLOOD OPENING EVERY GODDAMN SHOW IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. /rant

Part A : Yes

Part B : No. Gotta promote your newest album, right?

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 10:38 PM
I wasn't comparing the quality of the bands music, I was comparing their historical significance. Is Witchfinder General better than Black Sabbath? Yes (shut up.) Am I going to say seeing them like was a bigger deal than Sabbath in their heyday? No. Lamb of God and Gojira do nothing for my personal music tastes (and their fans fucking suck) but my problem was that you can't interject any band you like and claim its as important of an event as the Big 4. I don't even really like the Big 4, certainly don't worship their music. But it is a big deal, whereas LoG is just another new band. As big as Anthrax back in the day? Maybe. But there wasn't more extreme metal (not a que for Exodus or whoever the fuck else came first corrections) prior to the existence of the four bands playing at this show, and like it or not they defined what the genre of thrash metal is to this day. Metal was going strong for 20 years before Lamb of God even existed, so even if they have influenced modern bands you can't compare the magnitude of their influence. At all.

daimonos
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Is Witchfinder General better than Black Sabbath? Yes (shut up.)

lol

I do enjoy the Death Penalty album though. Haven't heard the other one.

Wizzbang11
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
lol

I do enjoy the Death Penalty album though. Haven't heard the other one.

I prefer the songs on Death Penalty but the vocal performance on Friends of Hell is superior. My favorite release is the Live '83 album, mainly because it's got the best songs performed with better vocals. Make sure you buy the record or download a vinyl rip though, the CD was pressed at a weird slowed down speed so the pitch and tempo of everything are thrown off and stupid.

EDIT: Just listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwLE_yvNq3E)! It soo great.

jd091
04-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Good points! Playing the devil's advocate a bit here, but I can't necessarily agree with your statement that Lamb of God is "maybe" as "big" as Anthrax back in the day. When you say "big", and not "better", I think of album sales and popularity, to which LoG has a ton of right now. "Wrath" was a so-so album, and debuted at #2, which is incredible in today's music scene. True, they're not selling out stadiums or anything, but give them 20 years and I bet they will.

As influential as Slayer? Hell no. Still incredibly important and influential to metal? You betcha. I've always viewed them as the re-incarnation of Pantera, brining back some southern swag and popularity to metal when it died out in the late 90's. They pretty much revitalized american metal, and directly influenced tons of modern "metal" bands, especially in america, in many genres.

hellawaits77ny
04-24-2011, 11:55 PM
As influential as Slayer? Hell no. Still incredibly important and influential to metal? You betcha. I've always viewed them as the re-incarnation of Pantera, brining back some southern swag and popularity to metal when it died out in the late 90's. They pretty much revitalized american metal, and directly influenced tons of modern "metal" bands, especially in america, in many genres.

I agree. Who do you think was one of the catalysts of the uprise in the New Wave of American Metal in the late 90's early 2000's?

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Who do you think was one of the catalysts of the uprise in the New Wave of American Metal in the late 90's early 2000's?

BrokeNCYDE

daimonos
04-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I prefer the songs on Death Penalty but the vocal performance on Friends of Hell is superior. My favorite release is the Live '83 album, mainly because it's got the best songs performed with better vocals. Make sure you buy the record or download a vinyl rip though, the CD was pressed at a weird slowed down speed so the pitch and tempo of everything are thrown off and stupid.

EDIT: Just listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwLE_yvNq3E)! It soo great.

Thanks I'll check that stuff out.

I do like Death Penalty, and like you said the songs are great, but sometimes the vocals and lyrics make the songs a little less good. But I feel like thats just the kind of band they are, and that's fine with me.

jd091
04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
BrokeNCYDE

:lol::lol::lol:

:fist:

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
It's funny reading through this I saw "The mighty all knowing one" bashing Slayer fanboys and Wizz bagging on LOG and Gojira fans. I just don't get it man. I know some hot chicks who are LoG fans including a Ravens Cheerleader so they're not all meatheads like people always insinuate.

I listen to all of these bands mentioned in this thread (except Brokencyde... never heard of them) and don't hate on any of them or their fans. Hell I just gave Arcade Fire a 13th listen because Brad worships them and even though I don't get it, I don't hate them or their fans.

Cracking jokes about a band being hippie hipsters or whatever is cool but some of this shit is useless banter. I own every Megadeth album and consider myself a fan but if there is any bands fans I don't want to be associated with it's those fans. Reading some of the pro-Megadeth posts just makes me laugh sometimes. Add that to the fact they refuse to play most of their best songs for sheep reasons and I just don't get it.

And for the record some of the coolest people I've ever met in my life are Gojira fans... and I agree Slayer needs more Hell Awaits but they still win the setlist award in my eyes. I expected Metallica to shock the world with more gems off Kill em All and the very last song in the world I ever want to see live again is Seek & Destroy. NEM being second...

christopher
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Well back to the show part of this thread, here is the blurry picture I took with my phone.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216080_1612868293357_1585778615_31123258_6928537_n .jpg

Sepultura69
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
It's funny reading through this I saw "The mighty all knowing one" bashing Slayer fanboys

What? Is this suppose to be directed at me?

and Wizz bagging on LOG and Gojira fans. I just don't get it man. I know some hot chicks who are LoG fans including a Ravens Cheerleader so they're not all meatheads like people always insinuate.

I listen to all of these bands mentioned in this thread (except Brokencyde... never heard of them) and don't hate on any of them or their fans. Hell I just gave Arcade Fire a 13th listen because Brad worships them and even though I don't get it, I don't hate them or their fans.

Cracking jokes about a band being hippie hipsters or whatever is cool but some of this shit is useless banter.

I was just joking about the brokencyde thing :eyes:

I like Lamb of God. Some of my good friends are hardcore lamb of god fanboys. Infact, I was suppose to see them open up for metallica in san diego back in 2008 but we hit MAAAAD traffic and ended up missing all of lamb of gods set and got there 5 minutes before metallica hit the stage. We were all pretty damn wasted and really pissed, but then it quickly changed when metallica came on. Still pretty bummed out.

Also for the record. Even though I dont like listen to all kinds of genres like you, I do have friends that worship and are huge fans of great bands such as emmure, parkway drive, Suicide Silence, Windss of Plague and I totally respect their taste in great music(it does suck when they blast it in my face some times, i won't lie). I never bash them at all, infact some times i lie and tell them it sounds great just cause i feel like a douche if i tell them it sucks.

Anyways, yeah big four was cool, but I think I had a little more fun at scion rock fest :tongue::rocker::hecho::eyes::D :dance:

jhdeity
04-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Um, no. I'm pretty sure we agreed on this subject. I was referring to the person who reads something and thinks it's law because HE read it. That our opinions are all lesser than him and we're all idiots because... HE IS THE ALL KNOWING ONE!

hahahaha

Dominicus 1988
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Big 4 < Amon Amarth

One of the greatest performances ever. :metal:

jd091
04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Big 4 < Amon Amarth

:party: I told you guys it was amazing!

Blacktooth85
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Part A : Yes

Part B : No. Gotta promote your newest album, right?

Yeah i was saying they need something off Hell Awaits too. It's true they have a newer album out, but like someone else said this is a one-off US date with the Big 4. They could have played more classics for a special occasion like this. I could see if Slayer were on their own headlining tour and they played more stuff off WPB.

ricky4502
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Big 4 < Amon Amarth

Fuck I so wanted to go to that too! No setlist on here?

Dominicus 1988
04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Fuck I so wanted to go to that too! No setlist on here?

Exact same set as before minus Eight Hooves. Johan Hegg has one of the most powerful voices I have ever heard and working together with talented musicians made this one of the greatest shows ever. Words cant give their performance justice never pass up on them :rocker:

OraclesofAgony
04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Exact same set as before minus Eight Hooves. Johan Hegg has one of the most powerful voices I have ever heard and working together with talented musicians made this one of the greatest shows ever. Words cant give their performance justice never pass up on them :rocker:

The energy was high all the way through the whole show and they sounded amazing live. They were one of the best sounding bands I've ever seen live.

ricky4502
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Same set list as when? I haven't seen them since '07 at the Avalon. I don't know why but I keep passing up every chance to see them. Johan is among the best death metal vocalists IMO. I especially love his low growls on "Under the Northern Star"

Dominicus 1988
04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Same set list as when? I haven't seen them since '07 at the Avalon. I don't know why but I keep passing up every chance to see them. Johan is among the best death metal vocalists IMO. I especially love his low growls on "Under the Northern Star"

Same set for this tour they are on now. Entire Surtur Rising album (godly BTW) and the another full set.
Seriously one of the best bands out right now.

Wrathchild_84
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
What a shitty Megadeth set. The Yankee stadium show is probably gonna be my last time seeing Megadeth ever.

JLRedWing13
05-05-2011, 05:56 PM
What a shitty Megadeth set. The Yankee stadium show is probably gonna be my last time seeing Megadeth ever.
:tp:

Wrathchild_84
05-06-2011, 06:05 AM
:tp:

:finger: I haven't seen a good Megadeth show in years and I'm ready to give up on them.

Sanitarium78
05-06-2011, 07:19 AM
:finger: I haven't seen a good Megadeth show in years and I'm ready to give up on them.

Really? I saw great Megadeth shows in '94, '97, 2006, 2007 and 2010.

So you must've saw them when they toured for Risk then, right?:D

JLRedWing13
05-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Your loss.

velvetgrass
05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I know this is a little late, but I wanna share my opinions about each band's sets...

Anthrax- can't really comment. The only band out of the Big 4 that I don't know any songs by. I do own the Big 4 2-DVD set, but haven't watched their segment because I have two of their albums (Among The Living and Sound Of White Noise) but with the abundance of music I embarrassingly haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

Megadeth- I have and know every Megadeth album with the exception of Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good and The System Has Failed. Not sure how I feel about Trust as the opener. It's awesome that they kept Poison Was The Cure in the set without the complete RIP, but if they wanted to play a deep cut from RIP I think they should have played Tornado Of Souls. Very disappointing that they didn't include anything from United Abominations which is one of my favorite Megadeth albums (unless you count the A Tout Le Monde remake). It's lovely to see that Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is the closer in it's entirety again. It's my favorite Megadeth song and it annoyed when they were closing with that reprise of it like shown on The Big 4 DVD.

Slayer- I only know two of their albums (Reign In Blood and Christ Illusion) so I don't know a lot of the songs listed in their set. Great to see Postmortem in the set. Also, very happy to see Angel Of Death is the closer instead of Raining Blood. And even happier to find out that Jeff Hanneman is recovering well enough to join them on guitar for the last two songs.

Metallica- I am the most familiar with Metallica and know every song listed in their set. Fairly similar to their setlist on the Big 4 DVD Sofia show. I think Creeping Death is an awesome song but I don't think it's opener worthy. I think they should open with Battery because they don't play the acoustic intro live and that would be a good opportunity for them to take their stage entrance. I'm very disappointed to hear they didn't play anything off Load, which is a tie with Master Of Puppets as my favorite Metallica album. As much as people here pages back have dissed Fuel being in the set it is one of my all time favorite Metallica songs, so if they didn't play it I would be disappointed. Also, I think Seek And Destroy is the perfect closer for Metallica and should stay at it's spot in the set.

hellawaits77ny
05-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Megadeth's setlist did suck. And I'm a big MD fan. I disagree w/ Trust as an opener, and there was very few real fast/heavy songs. Wake Up Dead, Headcrusher, Peace Sells and Holy Wars are about it.

bobbie solo
05-06-2011, 10:45 PM
the absurd amount of $ theyre asking for good seats/good GA for the yankee stadium show has priced me out. Fuck Yankee Stadium, fuck the promoter, and fuck the bands for this show that now reeks of a cashgrab. Im not spending over $200 for a GA ticket that would allow me to actually be close and enjoy the show. total bullshit.

jd091
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
the absurd amount of $ theyre asking for good seats/good GA for the yankee stadium show has priced me out. Fuck Yankee Stadium, fuck the promoter, and fuck the bands for this show that now reeks of a cashgrab. Im not spending over $200 for a GA ticket that would allow me to actually be close and enjoy the show. total bullshit.

http://home.comcast.net/~fxgpic/He_mad.jpg

JLRedWing13
05-06-2011, 11:53 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~fxgpic/He_mad.jpg
:lol: That's one of my favorites.

bobbie solo
05-06-2011, 11:58 PM
I am, im not disputing that. doesnt mean im wrong.

hellawaits77ny
05-07-2011, 12:39 AM
I am, im not disputing that. doesnt mean im wrong.

You're right. It is ridiculous.

But here's the way I look at it: I doubt Slayer will be around for more than another year or 2. Tom's back/neck surgery, gall bladder surgery, voice problems; Jeff's necrotizing fascitis; the fact that Kerry said after Christ Illusion that they would do one more album, then discuss the bands future. I'm willing to pay big $ to see Slayer, cause the chances to are numbered IMO.

Also, I'm sure you know how Metallica rarely tours North America. Didn't from 2004-late 2008. Europe get's 7 Big Four shows, then 1 get's announced in the US. And from the way it looks, I don't think Metallica will do a legit tour of NA until 2013. Yeah, it's a lot of $, but I'm one of the losers that will pay it. Plus I'm a big Megadeth fan, too.

Wrathchild_84
05-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Your loss.

I wouldn't say I'm losing much. IMO the last two albums where total shit. And I'm quite sick of the stale setlists.

JLRedWing13
05-07-2011, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't say I'm losing much. IMO the last two albums where total shit. And I'm quite sick of the stale setlists.
:tp: Alrighty.

Wrathchild_84
05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
:tp: Alrighty.

Why does my opinion on the current state of Megadeth bother you so much? You liking it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

ShatteredFlame
05-07-2011, 10:57 PM
i don't care about these bands tbh but my dad wants to go :tp:

....will get $90 seats if I can draw a pair up on ticketmaster

JLRedWing13
05-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Why does my opinion on the current state of Megadeth bother you so much? You liking it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
It doesn't. I disagree, but you've seen them far more than me, so you're free to stop seeing them as you please.

Sanitarium78
05-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.

Wrathchild_84
05-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure if some people realize how big some of these songs were/are for Megadeth and how they built their fanbase to what it is. You can't get rid of songs like WUD, PS, IMDH, HW, Hangar, SOD and SB. Without these songs Megadeth doesn't have the fanbase it does now. They aren't gonna change it just because a random one percent think they should.

We all do our fair share of setlists complaining on here, myself included. But at the same time i've learned to appreciate a band for what they're gonna play for us rather than bitch about them not changing up the set. The odds are somebody wants to hear some random song that has no chance of getting played anyways, so why bother complaining?

If you don't like Megadeth's set then fine, don't see them live anymore. The band will survive just fine without you. You're not making a point of any kind that they'll notice because there will always be someone else who will buy a ticket.

It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.

toolfansat
05-16-2011, 07:00 AM
What time did the show end?

Wrecking Crew
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
It's not like I expect them to play Killing Is My Business in it's entirety but I don't think asking Dave to mix up the setlist a bit is a tall order. They play the same damn set just about every tour. I've supported the band for the years but if Dave wants to just keep releasing shitty albums and keep playing the same tired setlist with no surprises then thats the end of my support. And I wouldn't say I'm a random 1%. I sure there are plenty of others who are just as sick of Dave's shit as I am.

I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.

rjturtle9
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I agree, I am not seeing Megadeth this year because of this. I have seen them twice now (albeit 20 years apart, in 1990 and last year) and seen all the "hits." I also have this same issue with Rush. Groups really need to shake it up more. I realize they have to play all the songs Sanitarium78 mentioned but that still leaves a lot of room for others. Even one song of of Killing... would be a nice change.

:eek:

Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!

JLRedWing13
05-16-2011, 03:25 PM
:eek:

Rush Setlists always have rarities and other gems in them. You crazy!
This, they are probably one of the best bands when it comes to making setlists.