PDA

View Full Version : Will you still see Judas Priest?

Travis The Dragon
04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
With the recent announcement of KK leaving, I'm wondering how that will affect your decision to see them live. Assuming this truly is the last chance ever and I don't think this will be the same BS that Kiss and Ozzy pulled because of their age, I would go for sure. How about you?

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
If they come within 7 hours, I'm going.

larvtard
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry man, but this is a retarded question. I'm sure KK Downing is a good guitarist (well, I know he's a great guitarist ;)), but ultimately guitarists are replaceable, and to have that factor into your decision...

If they come within 7 hours, I'm going.

Now this is an acceptable answer ;)

Wizzbang11
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I'd loose a great deal of respect for anyone who would not see a band they loved because of the loss of one member, especially when the rest of the "classic" members remain and it's their goddamn farewell tour.

I don't really care about Priest, but if tickets are >$30 I figure I should see it.

SomewhereInTime72
04-22-2011, 02:03 PM
As much as I would prefer KK was in the band, I don't think I could pass up an opportunity to see the rest of the band play together.

Sepultura69
04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
AWESOME THREAD

masterguy49
04-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I've never seen them, so yes. I would rather see a Priest with out KK than a Priest with out Halford.

DementedX14
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Sure I will.

elturtleboy
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
u swear like its halford

mastodon421
04-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Without a doubt, i've never seen them before and I am dying to see them.

ravenheart
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Fuck yes. I won't even miss KK. I'll be seeing them at least twice.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-22-2011, 08:06 PM
If they come to Dallas, sure. I haven't seen them since '05.

Sinfulsot
04-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm in. prob'ly for multiple shows

Travis The Dragon
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Loving the results!!! :D

ravenheart
04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Loving the results!!! :D

Dumb questions always lead to meaningless results.

illuminatus917
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Dumb questions always lead to meaningless results.

Is such a remark really necessary?

Dextrimental
04-23-2011, 06:31 PM
I have the chance to see them at Graspop, but if I end up missing them or part of their set for whatever reason I won't be too annoyed. This is a farewell tour, and one of the members has decided not to say goodbye to us in a proper way. Not that I am insulted, but that strikes me as wrong.

brutal_descent
04-23-2011, 10:15 PM
I have the chance to see them at Graspop, but if I end up missing them or part of their set for whatever reason I won't be too annoyed. This is a farewell tour, and one of the members has decided not to say goodbye to us in a proper way. Not that I am insulted, but that strikes me as wrong.

Thought you weren't going this year? If you do, we should hang out and see a band or two.

ravenheart
04-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Is such a remark really necessary?

It's wholly relevant, so I don't see why not.

And it's certainly no more or less acceptable than:

Sorry man, but this is a retarded question

Which is also accurate.

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Thought you weren't going this year? If you do, we should hang out and see a band or two.

It looked like I might not due to friends wanting to hit a different festival, but we are gung ho for it now. Definitely hafta hang out, few bands I may be seeing on my own so some company for those would be awesome ;)

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 04:24 PM
It looked like I might not due to friends wanting to hit a different festival, but we are gung ho for it now. Definitely hafta hang out, few bands I may be seeing on my own so some company for those would be awesome ;)

What, do your friends want to see Bring Me The Horizon instead of Opeth? :lol:

Maiden33
04-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Where's the option for: "I was 50/50 before, and KK leaving has no effect on me either way"?

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 04:37 PM
What, do your friends want to see Bring Me The Horizon instead of Opeth? :lol:

Oh god no haha, but some of the bands, like Black Dahlia Murder and Parkway Drive, I'm the only one with an interest in seeing them! I actually wouldn't mind seeing BMTH, but not at the epense of missing Opeth!

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Oh god no haha, but some of the bands, like Black Dahlia Murder and Parkway Drive, I'm the only one with an interest in seeing them! I actually wouldn't mind seeing BMTH, but not at the epense of missing Opeth!

I agree with all three things you said. I'm going to see PD play a headlining show a week or two before so that'll decide for me whether I'll want to see them at GMM ;) I'm friends with the guys from BDM so no questions asked I'm going.

And BMTH... :eyes:
nothing short of awesome

...for a core band

Opeth all the way though. :D

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree with all three things you said. I'm going to see PD play a headlining show a week or two before so that'll decide for me whether I'll want to see them at GMM ;) I'm friends with the guys from BDM so no questions asked I'm going.

And BMTH... :eyes:
nothing short of awesome

...for a core band

Opeth all the way though. :D

Same here, PD are headlining here the week before GMM, so I might pop as
long to that, money willing, to check them out, and if they are good I will invest more time in getting to now their music for GMM! I like BMTH, but Opeth would definitely be a better performance, see how the timetable pans out on that one! How do you now BDM? I've been waiting 3 years to see them, an't wait, first day as well, so start off on a really high note!

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Same here, PD are headlining here the week before GMM, so I might pop as
long to that, money willing, to check them out, and if they are good I will invest more time in getting to now their music for GMM! I like BMTH, but Opeth would definitely be a better performance, see how the timetable pans out on that one! How do you now BDM? I've been waiting 3 years to see them, an't wait, first day as well, so start off on a really high note!

Saturday will be my most busy day, with Sunday in second place, and then Friday. Friday is cool though, has good openers including Protest the Hero, The Dwarves, and The Black Dahlia Murder :rocker: Sunday wins with openers though, Gwar and Terror?! Oderus still owes me sex for voting for them in that awards ceremony :lol:

I met them after a headlining show here last May, and they were really (pleasantly, I hope) surprised that somebody from the States would be living in Russia, and they gave me their emails and we've been in contact since then. Because of exams I have to miss their headlining show here May 16th, but they know that I'll see them at GMM and Summer Slaughter :party:

ravenheart
04-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Where's the option for: "I was 50/50 before, and KK leaving has no effect on me either way"?

All you really need is a "maybe" option, seeing as KK leaving has no effect on any of the options either way.

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Saturday will be my most busy day, with Sunday in second place, and then Friday. Friday is cool though, has good openers including Protest the Hero, The Dwarves, and The Black Dahlia Murder :rocker: Sunday wins with openers though, Gwar and Terror?! Oderus still owes me sex for voting for them in that awards ceremony :lol:

I met them after a headlining show here last May, and they were really (pleasantly, I hope) surprised that somebody from the States would be living in Russia, and they gave me their emails and we've been in contact since then. Because of exams I have to miss their headlining show here May 16th, but they know that I'll see them at GMM and Summer Slaughter :party:

yeah Friday is the weakest day for me, but Korn and Journey should make an epic evening!

Sweet, we should totally go to their signing if they do one so!!

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
yeah Friday is the weakest day for me, but Korn and Journey should make an epic evening!

Sweet, we should totally go to their signing if they do one so!!

I am not going to Volbeat. :lol: I pledge to miss Volbeat. If Volbeat can headline over Journey, then the world is ending. :hmm:

Dextrimental
04-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I am not going to Volbeat. :lol: I pledge to miss Volbeat. If Volbeat can headline over Journey, then the world is ending. :hmm:

I think volbeat are ok, but I am not a huge fan, that day will end with orn for me, then gonna eat some ice cream and chill for Scorpions, just cuz of how legendary they are really!

brutal_descent
04-24-2011, 06:17 PM
I think volbeat are ok, but I am not a huge fan, that day will end with orn for me, then gonna eat some ice cream and chill for Scorpions, just cuz of how legendary they are really!

Pretty much what you said.