PDA

View Full Version : CANNABIS CORPSE To Release 'Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise' In July

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
CANNABIS CORPSE the Richmond, Virginia-based old-school death metal band featuring Philip "Landphil" Hall (bass) from MUNICIPAL WASTE and his brother Josh "HallHammer" Hall (drums) has completed work on its brand-new full-length album, "Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise". The CD will be issued on July 12 via Tankcrimes, the label that issued the band's "The Weeding" EP back in 2009.

On "Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise", CANNABIS CORPSE has ventured even further down the left-hand path to pay homage to those other masters of death, MORBID ANGEL and DEICIDE. Tongue-in-cotton-mouthed-cheek titles like "Lunatic of Pot's Creation" and "Immortal Pipes" keep the party rolling, but don't be fooled: CANNABIS CORPSE is not a joke band. Sure, they'll fire up a bowl and chug a beer, but then they'll rip your face off with a brutal old-school death metal assault, the likes of which haven't been seen since the seeds of the genre first began to grow.

Mixed by Erik Rutan at Mana Studios and mastered by Alan Douches at West Side Music, "Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shall Rise" was recorded by the band's own Phil "Landphil" Hall, and reeks of DIY putrefaction.

In other news, CANNABIS CORPSE has several dates booked for the coming months; the band features various members of MUNICIPAL WASTE, PARASYTIC, BATTLEMASTER, and VOLTURE, so you know these dudes can throw down live.

Wizzbang11
04-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Love CC...but actually disappointed they have abandoned pure Cannibal Corpse titles.

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Love CC...but actually disappointed they have abandoned pure Cannibal Corpse titles.

I think they realized parodying one band gets old after a while. I'm glad they moved on to parodying other death metal bands.

jd091
04-20-2011, 09:31 AM
:stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned:

:rocker:

bt11763
04-20-2011, 09:56 AM
i would love to see them

Wizzbang11
04-20-2011, 10:22 AM
i would love to see them

They are absolutely fantastic in concert. If they come anywhere near you SEE THEM!!

elturtleboy
04-20-2011, 11:08 AM

this. This is also great 4/20 news. I need to see em live again. I got my shirt on right now

brutal_descent
04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
August 30th, Moscow, Russia - Plan B
:stoned:

combustion07
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
All ages Kansas City show needs to happen

KillerCannabis
07-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I've been blasting this record for the past day. Never heard these guys before, but I'm hooked right now. I'd love to see them in CA sometime soon.