PDA

View Full Version : Between the Buried and Me -- Williamsville, NY -- April 19th, 2011

floydhunter9
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Specular Reflection
Augment of Rebirth
Lunar Wilderness
Sun of Nothing
Ants of the Sky
Swim to the Moon Intro/Drum Solo
Fossil Genera - A Feed From Cloud Mountain
---
Are You Dead Yet? (short Children of Bodom cover)
Selkies - The Endless Obsession

Awesome show. The CoB thing came from Tommy telling Paul and Dustie to have a "bad riff off". Paul played something generic, and then Dustie started playing the riff from Are You Dead Yet? and they just sort of went with it for a few minutes. According to Tommy, they play it in rehearsals all the time just for fun, because they think it's so bad.

jd091
04-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Sooo badass! No white walls, which kind of sucks. I am so pissed I have to miss this tour this weekend, I hate you all.

Did you like JFAC at all? Or the Ocean? I have faith that JFAC are becoming a better band by moving away from deathcore, and the Ocean is just plain badass.

PlaysWithKnives
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
So, tell me. What's the fascination with this band for some people. I gave them a couple tries and I think they're really hard to listen too. Pretty much unlistenable to me. I understand they have a unique sound, but that doesn't make them good. What is it about them?

petrovar
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
So, tell me. What's the fascination with this band for some people. I gave them a couple tries and I think they're really hard to listen too. Pretty much unlistenable to me. I understand they have a unique sound, but that doesn't make them good. What is it about them?

With me, it's the blending of technical heavy and soft music. To me, those two elements find an perfect balance to make the music completely enjoyable. If they were all tech heavy or all soft, I probably wouldn't be into them. Their live show is awesome as well. Great stage presence.

jhdeity
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM

This song did it for me:

http://youtu.be/O_FKUPUD1LQ

Once I was hooked on this song I loved the entire Colors cd and went from there. They're an acquired taste but once you acquire it... WOW!

jd091
04-20-2011, 11:23 AM

It was this song for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3l9JTfAEo&feature=related

Prequel to the Sequel, live from the Colors DVD. I came across it one day, and was immediately hooked. I feel like that's a good song to start with; if you begin with something like Mordecai you're gonna think they're just a bunch of noise.

For me, they put together excellent prog guitar arrangements. I'm a guitarist, so I love listening to 'em.

petrovar
04-20-2011, 11:30 AM
if you begin with something like Mordecai you're gonna think they're just a bunch of noise.

That's funny because Mordecai was the song that got me into them, along with Alaska. But I like the last two albums more

PlaysWithKnives
04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
That's cool. Mordecai is the one I listened to first. Then I tried Alaska. Maybe Mordecai ruined Alaska for me. Maybe I'll give them another listen

GameFreac
04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Mordecai isn't on Alaska.

For me, it took me forever to get into them but after hearing Colors like 10 times, now they're one of my favorite bands.

larvtard
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
This song did it for me:

http://youtu.be/O_FKUPUD1LQ

Once I was hooked on this song I loved the entire Colors cd and went from there. They're an acquired taste but once you acquire it... WOW!

that's my favorite BTBAM song :party:

floydhunter9
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
The Ocean were fantastic, yeah, but JFAC was just bland and boring. I don't care if they're "going away from their deathcore sound", they're still bland as bland can be.

jhdeity
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
that's my favorite BTBAM song :party:

Yeah it's still my favorite too. The cd version is flawless and I didn't think they could capture it live as well as they did. The cameraman needs to be kicked for not focusing on the bassist though. That song is BEASTLY on bass