PDA

View Full Version : All That Remains -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2011

justinm4bama
04-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Birmingham doesn't get very many metal bands to come through (especially on a Sunday), and I wasn't expecting a very big crowd. I got to the venue about 30 minutes early, and the line was already about 50 people deep so I was pretty impressed.

For once we got a tour were there wasn't a single bad band on the bill (at least in my opinion). Surrender The Fall didn't sound very promising at first, but they actually put on a good show along with the other bands.

Anyways, I only have the ATR set list, but if you get a chance to see them then do it! They had a lot of energy and were super nice to their fans when I met them after the show.

All That Remains:
Now Let Them Tremble...
For We Are Many :rocker:
The Air That I Breathe
The Last Time
Tattered On My Sleeve
Six :rocker:
Chiron
Days Without
Rape Song
Some Of The People, All Of The Time
Won't Go Quietly :rocker:
Forever In Your Hands
Become The Catalyst
Hold On
This Calling :rocker:
Two Weeks

x-voltage
04-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Wow still can't believe they're only playing one song off of this darkened heart. it's a shame what this band turned into. I loved them before overcome came out. This Darkened Heart and The Fall of Ideals were amazing albums. Overcome had a few decent songs but totally was a new direction. Same with the new album a few new songs but a lot of cheesy radio songs. I just don't listen to them anymore, but I did A LOT in the past. They need to drop the stupid songs like The Last Time, Forever in Your Hands, Hold On, and Two Weeks.

sarsip
04-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I am sorry to say it, but the last time I saw will be the last time I will see them. They are too busy playing to the kids who bought(downloaded) their last two records. They are a shell of a truly great band.

jd091
04-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Wow still can't believe they're only playing one song off of this darkened heart.

Man, you're lucky you got even one song from that record! When I saw 'em last year, it was all new stuff pretty much. I don't mind the new album, but Overcome was shit. And why the hell do they always close with 2 weeks?

Good band, but they need to get their shit straight.

x-voltage
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Ya I remember seeing their sets from last year and they only played songs off of Fall of Ideals and Overcome. Thats BS. And Two Weeks is a terrible closer.

Steev
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
They have 5 records now, get over it

Coming from someone whose been seeing them for over 6 years they're still great live, and usually a couple legs in of a tour they break out the older material

x-voltage
04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Ya, I know theyre still awesome live. I've seen them three times over the past 4 years. I'm just not pleased with the sets.

jd091
04-21-2011, 10:38 AM
They need to do, like, a throwback tour, where they play a set of songs exclusively from their first 2 albums. I would be so happy.

masterguy49
04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
They need to do, like, a throwback tour, where they play a set of songs exclusively from their first 2 albums. I would be so happy.

I'd prefer them to play all of The Fall of Ideals :D

Thanatos88
04-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I sure am glad I saw these guys back when they were touring for The Fall of Ideals. With only 2 excellent albums (and one everyone including the band ignores), the set was half filled with material from This Darkened Heart. It was a great show back when it seemed like they were still hungry and passionate. The last time I saw them they played I think 2 songs tops off of Darkened and Phil couldn't be bothered to sing most of the choruses. When he wasn't pointing the mic out into the crowd, his clean vocals fell really flat. I was very disappointed. Now with this new album full of bland songs along with the boring Overcome, I think i am about done with this band. Such a shame as I used to love these guys.

Dominicus 1988
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow still can't believe they're only playing one song off of this darkened heart. it's a shame what this band turned into. I loved them before overcome came out. This Darkened Heart and The Fall of Ideals were amazing albums. Overcome had a few decent songs but totally was a new direction. Same with the new album a few new songs but a lot of cheesy radio songs. I just don't listen to them anymore, but I did A LOT in the past. They need to drop the stupid songs like The Last Time, Forever in Your Hands, Hold On, and Two Weeks.

EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID. YES! :fist:

Dominicus 1988
04-21-2011, 08:58 PM
I sure am glad I saw these guys back when they were touring for The Fall of Ideals. With only 2 excellent albums (and one everyone including the band ignores), the set was half filled with material from This Darkened Heart. It was a great show back when it seemed like they were still hungry and passionate. The last time I saw them they played I think 2 songs tops off of Darkened and Phil couldn't be bothered to sing most of the choruses. When he wasn't pointing the mic out into the crowd, his clean vocals fell really flat. I was very disappointed. Now with this new album full of bland songs along with the boring Overcome, I think i am about done with this band. Such a shame as I used to love these guys.

I was there with Mr. Thanatos to watch them play on February 25th, 2008. It was my first real concert (ever) and it was amazing to see them perform with such passion and intensity was awesome. They still have talent (Oli is god) but it is so underused now. Such a shame. :tp:

hellawaits77ny
04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I am sorry to say it, but the last time I saw will be the last time I will see them. They are too busy playing to the kids who bought(downloaded) their last two records. They are a shell of a truly great band.

You are right, my friend.

masterguy49
04-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Am I the only one who still loves these guys :'(
I mean I didn't like Overcome that much, but I sure did enjoy their new album....

jd091
04-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I mean I didn't like Overcome that much, but I sure did enjoy their new album....

Naw, my best friend really loves the new album. To each his own, its just not as good as their older stuff. Plain and simple.

hellawaits77ny
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM

Their last 2 albums do have a couple songs I enjoy, but they've become too commercial. Them being more commercial isn't what makes me like the album less, they just seem to be less metal and more melodic. Just can't get into more than a few songs from each.

masterguy49
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Naw, my best friend really loves the new album. To each his own, its just not as good as their older stuff. Plain and simple.
I agree, nothing close to their old stuff, but I still do enjoy them a great deal.

mastodon421
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree, nothing close to their old stuff, but I still do enjoy them a great deal.

+1

the chewbacca defense
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Which song is "Rape Song"