PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Tampa, FL -- April 17th, 2011

Butcher of Birth
04-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Review pending!

What we know so far, the set list most likely won't change, so there is no need to post a set under my main post and be a huge assfag. Got it Maidenfaggot? :finger:

I won FTTB with Matt, so should be good!!!!

Iron Maiden:
1. Satellite 15...The Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Talisman
5. Coming Home
6. Dance of Death
7. The Trooper
8. The Wicker Man
9. Blood brothers
10. When the Wild Wind Blows
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Number of the Beast
15. Hallowed be Thy Name
16. Running Free

brutal_descent
04-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Are you even going? :eyes:

velvetgrass
04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
I'm almost positive somebody did the dishonor of posting a fake setlist for us-
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/st-pete-times-forum-tampa-fl-33d3a055.html

^ And by the time some of you see this it'll hopefully be corrected. Has the show has even started yet?

brutal_descent
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm almost positive somebody did the dishonor of posting a fake setlist for us-
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2011/st-pete-times-forum-tampa-fl-33d3a055.html

^ And by the time some of you see this it'll hopefully be corrected. Has the show has even started yet?

It's already over. :lovedup:

It was everything FF2011, but no Talisman.

brutal_descent
04-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Satellite 15
The Final Frontier
El Dorado
2 Minutes to Midnight
Coming Home
Dance of Death
The Trooper
The Wickerman
Blood Brothers
Where the Wild Wind Blows
The Evil That Men Do
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast
Hallowed be thy Name
Running Free

Spiral_Slave
04-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I was there, Talisman was definitely played it was the same setlist as before.

Side note, good to meet all you metalsetlists dudes today hope you all enjoyed the show as much as me! Absolutely brilliant. And Nicko gave us the word "It won't be another 20 years!"

JRA
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I was there, Talisman was definitely played it was the same setlist as before.

Side note, good to meet all you metalsetlists dudes today hope you all enjoyed the show as much as me! Absolutely brilliant. And Nicko gave us the word "It won't be another 20 years!"

Well he clearly proved that with two Florida dates for two tours in a row.

Spiral_Slave
04-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Well he clearly proved that with two Florida dates for two tours in a row.

He was referring to playing in Tampa.

IrritatedTrout
04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Great show. Bruce sounded amazing during The Talisman and Steve was absolutely on fire. I had a great spot on the rail... and then things went terribly wrong.:lol: I started feeling sicker and sicker while I was up there and by the time Doctor, Doctor came on I was feeling ready to throw up at any minute. I had eaten at Fudruckers with Logan and his gf before the show and I don't know if mine wasn't prepared right or what (didn't even finish the thing either BTW, which is why it's so crazy that it affected me so bad) but I was suffering up there. However, I knew I'd majorly regret it if I left the rail so I tried to hold on. Maiden hit the stage and I did mostly forget the stomach pain for a few songs although too much moving and screaming made it a lot worse so I had to be waaay more low key than I wanted to be. By the time DoD started I couldn't take it anymore, and I didn't think the band and everyone around me would've appreciated me spilling my lunch all over the rail, so I left once the song ended.:bouville:

I ended up listening to The Trooper and The Wicker Man from the bathroom and I got it all out of my system and was feeling a little better. So the rest of the set I just kinda hung around the soundboard. I definitely wished it hadn't happened but I tried not to let it put a damper on the night and I enjoyed the show from the back even though I still wasn't feeling 100%. Kinda sucks, but what can you do? I'm just glad I got to see 4 of the 5 TFF songs from the rail (and I was in the second row behind the barrier by the time they did WTWWB in Lauderdale so I saw that one almost from the rail).

"You'll take my life but I'll puke on you"

TheClairvoyant
04-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Great show. Bruce sounded amazing during The Talisman and Steve was absolutely on fire. I had a great spot on the rail... and then things went terribly wrong.:lol: I started feeling sicker and sicker while I was up there and by the time Doctor, Doctor came on I was feeling ready to throw up at any minute. I had eaten at Fudruckers with Logan and his gf before the show and I don't know if mine wasn't prepared right or what (didn't even finish the thing either BTW, which is why it's so crazy that it affected me so bad) but I was suffering up there. However, I knew I'd majorly regret it if I left the rail so I tried to hold on. Maiden hit the stage and I did mostly forget the stomach pain for a few songs although too much moving and screaming made it a lot worse so I had to be waaay more low key than I wanted to be. By the time DoD started I couldn't take it anymore, and I didn't think the band and everyone around me would've appreciated me spilling my lunch all over the rail, so I left once the song ended.:bouville:

I ended up listening to The Trooper and The Wicker Man from the bathroom and I got it all out of my system and was feeling a little better. So the rest of the set I just kinda hung around the soundboard. I definitely wished it hadn't happened but I tried not to let it put a damper on the night and I enjoyed the show from the back even though I still wasn't feeling 100%. Kinda sucks, but what can you do? I'm just glad I got to see 4 of the 5 TFF songs from the rail (and I was in the second row behind the barrier by the time they did WTWWB in Lauderdale so I saw that one almost from the rail).

That's unlucky man, shame that happened exactly on the day of a Maiden concert. Hope you feel better :D

The_jman
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
This was the first set from the tour I've seen, its not a bad set...

rjturtle9
04-19-2011, 05:15 PM

God damn dude!

IrritatedTrout
04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Haha yeah, it was very unfortunate. However, it made the lyrics to The Talisman especially awesome.

I have no life left in me
No more strength, and nothing left to give
Must find the will to live

Never thought that we could make it
The sickness I am dying from
Never wanted it to end this way

I could very easily relate to that haha.

Butcher of Birth
04-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Haha yeah, it was very unfortunate. However, it made the lyrics to The Talisman especially awesome.

I have no life left in me
No more strength, and nothing left to give
Must find the will to live

Never thought that we could make it
The sickness I am dying from
Never wanted it to end this way

I could very easily relate to that haha.

:lol: Never thought of that!!! Well played sir...