Blood Money
Deny the Cross :rocker:
Wrecking Crew (Cut)
Horrorscope
Old School
Elimination
Hello from the Gutter
Fuck You

Also, HATE performed out of nowhere, I guess they were making up for their absence from the Rotting Christ show last month. No idea what they played, they were kind of mediocre though, I expected more.

Anyway, SIX local bands (about 5 too many), though Xstrophy and Pain were really good. Local idiots Krass Judgement still suck.

On to Overkill. So this is my fourth time seeing Overkill, easily my favorite setlist, but probably the worst overall "show"; Blitz was a bit sick and wasn't as talkative as usual (still a tenacious frontman though). Absolutely nothing was less than stellar about the performance. However, this is probably the worst crowd I've experienced at an Overkill show, but I don't feel like listing all of the shit that annoys me at shows.

They busted out some rarities in their setlist (relative to recent tours), particularly EVIL NEVER DIES, and HAMMERHEAD which I went apeshit for, as well as Deny the Cross. I was a bit bummed at no Necroshine, but the other three more than made up for it. The cutting of Wrecking Crew was unexpected, but by that point it looked like Blitz was barely gonna make it, though he was still bringing it with his performance.

I'll edit in or post more thoughts after I cool off a bit.

jhdeity
04-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah Xstrophy are pretty good for a local band. They have a decent hot chick following too.

Evil Never Dies and Deny The Cross are 2 of my 3 favorite Overkill songs behind Skullcrusher. I would have gone apeshit during both of those and Wrecking Crew.

El Gordo
04-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Overkill really knows how to put a setlist together. I don't know why they insist on playing Old School though. They could replace it with almost any song in their catalog and it would be an improvement.

makethemsuffer12
04-16-2011, 06:10 AM
I still don't get the hate for Old School, it's such a fun song!

But no Necroshine makes me :(, considering that probably means they won't play it tonight, either. Hopefully Blitz will feel better and Wrecking Crew won't get cut...

And dammit, they took out Endless War. That's my favorite song from Ironbound.

Maideneer
04-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Going tonight...where's Endless War? :hmm:

makethemsuffer12
04-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Going tonight...where's Endless War? :hmm:

My thoughts exactly. Oh well, I'll be yelling for it. :lol: