PDA

View Full Version : First Diamond Head North American Tour!

Onioner
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
I can't believe this is actually happening, but it looks like Diamond Head are lining up some dates in America. It's already confirmed that they're playing the Heavy MTL and Heavy TO festivals in Canada and this morning I just saw an ad on Blabbermouth for Santa Ana, CA's Galaxy Theater listing their summer dates. They had Diamond Head/Girlschool listed for August 18, 2011. A search on Ticketmaster revealed an August 26, 2011 date at Blondie's in Detroit, MI as well.

EDIT: I did some digging around on Facebook, venue websites, Ticketmaster and Google and here are the dates I could find.

Confirmed Dates So Far

7/23/11 - Toronto, Ontario - Heavy TO Festival
7/24/11 - Montreal, Quebec - Heavy MTL Festival
8/15/11 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
8/17/11 - San Francisco, CA - Elbo Room
8/18/11 - Santa Ana, CA - Galaxy Theatre
8/24/11 - St. Paul, MN - Station 4
8/26/11 - Detroit, MI - Blondie's
8/28/11 - Milwaukee, WI - Shank Hall
8/30/11 - Pittsburgh, PA - Club Diesel
8/31/11 - Baltimore, MD - Ottobar

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This, ladies and gentlemen, along with the Metalliance Tour and the Sleep reunion tour are your undisputed Top 3 Greatest Tours of 2011.

My mother was a witch, she was burned alive
Thank this little bitch, for the tears I cried
Take her down now, don't want to see her face
Blistered and burnt, can't hide my disgrace

Twenty-seven, everyone is nice
Got to see 'em, make 'em pay the price
See their bodies out on the ice
Take my time

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man
Yes I am

As I watched my mother die, I lost my head
Revenge now I sought, to break with my bread
Taking no chances, you come with me
I'll split you to the bone, help set you free

Twenty-seven, everyone is nice
Got to see 'em, make 'em pay the price
See their bodies out on the ice
Take my time

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man
Yes I am

On with the action now, I'll strip your pride
I'll spread your blood around, I'll see you ride
Your face is scarred with steel, wounds deep and neat
Like a double dozen before you, smells so sweet

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man
Yes I am

My soul is longing for, await my heir
Sent to avenge my mother, sleep myself
My face is long forgot, my face not my own
Sweet and timely whore, take me home

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man
Yes I am

On with the action now, I'll strip your pride
I'll spread your blood around, I'll see you ride
Your face is scarred with steel, your spirits dance
Like a double dozen before you, no romance

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man

Am I evil?
Yes I am
Am I evil?
I am man
Yes I am

\m/

MPF
04-14-2011, 12:24 PM
There's also a date in Minnesota:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200490516658041

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
I can't believe this is actually happening, but it looks like Diamond Head are lining up some dates in America. It's already confirmed that they're playing the Heavy MTL and Heavy TO festivals in Canada and this morning I just saw an ad on Blabbermouth for Santa Ana, CA's Galaxy Theater listing their summer dates. They had Diamond Head/Girlschool listed for August 18, 2011. A search on Ticketmaster revealed an August 26, 2011 date at Blondie's in Detroit, MI as well.

Cool story bro.

Onioner
04-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Cool story bro.

Dude, if the thread title wasn't an indication, this is Diamond Head's first NA tour ever. Hell, the only other American date they've ever done was some festival in New Jersey in 2002. Considering how influential they were on American thrash I'd say their first ever North American tour would be a pretty cool story BROOOOOOOOOOO

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Dude, if the thread title wasn't an indication, this is Diamond Head's first NA tour ever. Hell, the only other American date they've ever done was some festival in New Jersey in 2002. Considering how influential they were on American thrash I'd say their first ever North American tour would be a pretty cool story BROOOOOOOOOOO

http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg
PROBLEM?

Natrlhi
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. Not only is he in love with the "Cool story, bro" meme to the point of it being pathological, but apparently he's having a manic episode today. He's made like 269 posts in the last few hours. I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'.

ravenheart
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Shame Diamond Head never made it when Sean Harris was still in the band and they were still awesome.

I never saw them when they were good either :(

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. Not only is he in love with the "Cool story, bro" meme to the point of it being pathological, but apparently he's having a manic episode today. He's made like 269 posts in the last few hours. I'm not judgin', I'm just sayin'.

Nah, just indifferent to Diamond Head touring the US since I'm seeing them in Heavy TO. :lol:

I am quite over the top today though. :D

slapguitarer
04-14-2011, 05:11 PM
If there are any dates near me, I'll probably go.

ravenheart
04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Support for the Detroit date will be Girlschool and Al Atkins.

Nick_to_the_face
04-14-2011, 06:35 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

but there is no chance in hell that we will get a show :mad::mad::mad:

bringing out kansas city doesnt get metal shows

MPF
04-14-2011, 06:36 PM

add them plus Hydrogen and that's the St. Paul show.

brutal_descent
04-14-2011, 06:42 PM

It's so much funnier hearing you complain now that I can actually see how you look like. :lol: ;)

Onioner
04-14-2011, 08:07 PM

Al "Dammit I wish I was Rob Halford" Atkins?! They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they got him of all guys.

mankvill
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM

- A- omg you baka gaijin, look at my last.fm profile to see we have a shit ton coming up, and most of them are all ages

El Gordo
04-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Isn't Diamond Head just Brian Tatler and a bunch of random dudes? I'd hardly call this Diamond Head. I'd rather hear Metallica play most of their songs anyways. However since Metallica sucks live now too, I'll just double-click "The Prince".

ravenheart
04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Al "Dammit I wish I was Rob Halford" Atkins?! They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they got him of all guys.

Hardly. The Holy Rage album is very good.

ravenheart
04-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Isn't Diamond Head just Brian Tatler and a bunch of random dudes? I'd hardly call this Diamond Head. I'd rather hear Metallica play most of their songs anyways. However since Metallica sucks live now too, I'll just double-click "The Prince".

:tp:

PlaysWithKnives
04-15-2011, 08:04 AM
I bet this tour gets cancelled

brutal_descent
04-15-2011, 08:22 AM

Out of lack of interest?

BlindGuardian93
04-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Please Please announce a PA date

Nick_to_the_face
04-15-2011, 01:12 PM
It's so much funnier hearing you complain now that I can actually see how you look like. :lol: ;)

what you tryin to say ;)

PlaysWithKnives
04-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Out of lack of interest?

Yeah

Onioner
04-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I just updated the first post with more dates that I found. Count me in for the SF date!

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Actually the sheer might and glory of this tour will make all the other "Metal" tours cower and hide.

And if it gets canceled, then it will be due to the sheer might and glory of the Diamond Head tour being too great for the American false-metal collective to comprehend.

Although, on a valid serious note, with the frequency that older bands like UFO, Wishbone Ash and Budgie are able to get around the States even these days, and certainly not to mention Paul Di'Anno and whatever band Mr. Tim Owens is ruining, a Diamond Head tour should spark a substantial interest. And let's not forget that in recent times Monsieurs Halford and Dickinson have proven that A.) Traditional Heavy Metal is not dead and that B.) there is still a market for it.

America shall bare witness to the Diamond Nights! \m/

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005173B.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

jaysadler2
04-16-2011, 03:03 AM
Ive seen Diamond head a couple time over the past 8 years in the UK and they are really good. Would highly recommend seeing them if you havent seen them before....pay your metal respects americans! :rocker:

Jochen
04-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Unless that Pearl Jam rumor is true, I'll try and hit the Milwaukee show.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Unless that Pearl Jam rumor is true, I'll try and hit the Milwaukee show.

lol. Nothing against Pearl Jam, but who are you going to have more chances to see? Pearl Jam are an active touring band, while Diamond Head are on their first ever American tour.

idrinkwine732
04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I just updated the first post with more dates that I found. Count me in for the SF date!

I have bad news about the Elbo Room...

Onioner
04-17-2011, 02:27 AM
I have bad news about the Elbo Room...

I just heard today...Goddamn us for being born in 1993.

daimonos
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
They're playing at Club Diesel in Pittsburgh on August 30th. I think I'll be off to college already, but if I'm home I'll definitely go.

stylesclash516
05-03-2011, 05:02 PM
They're playing at Club Diesel in Pittsburgh on August 30th. I think I'll be off to college already, but if I'm home I'll definitely go.

I should be starting in college in Pittsburgh right around that time. If tickets aren't expensive I'll check them out.

RAZOR
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I should be starting in college in Pittsburgh right around that time. If tickets aren't expensive I'll check them out.

$17-20.

But ffffuuuuuuuu- it's 21 and over. :bouville:

JLRedWing13
05-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Well damn......not going to able to make this one.

ravenheart
06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Extra dates to those in the first post:

August
18 - Santa, Ana, CA - The Galaxy Theater
19 - Tempe, AZ - The Club House
20 - Ramona, CA - Ramona's Main Stage
21 - Las Vegas, NV - The Bunkhouse
23 - Kansas City, MO - Knuckleheads
25 - Wisconsin Rapids, WI - The Pour House
27 - Chicago, IL - Tailgaters
29 - Dayton, OH - McGuffy's House of Rock

September
1 - New York, NY - BB King Blues Bar & Grill

mankvill
06-14-2011, 02:37 PM
23 - Kansas City, MO - Knuckleheads

HOLY FUCK

Nick_to_the_face
06-14-2011, 02:48 PM
HOLY FUCK

AWWW SHIT SON

girnny777
08-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Son of a bitch

I thought this was bumped with new dates

RampinUp46
08-25-2012, 07:15 PM
If this doesn't come to Austin/San Antonio, I'm going to be pissed.

christopher
08-25-2012, 07:48 PM
If this doesn't come to Austin/San Antonio, I'm going to be pissed.

Well...I hate the be the bearer of bad news but....check the year of the older posts in this thread.