View Full Version : Skeletonwitch -- Iowa City, IA -- April 11th, 2011

psicosis91
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
3 Inches of Blood:

The Goatriders Horde
Destroy the Orcs
(new song)
Trial of Champions:rocker:
Fear On The Bridge (Upon The Boiling Sea I)
(new song)
Silent Killer
Forest King
Deadly Sinners:rocker:
Battles and Brotherhood

Skeletonwitch:
Blinding Black Rage
Submit to the Suffering
No Rest for the Dead:rocker:
The Skullsplitter:rocker:
Crushed Beyond Dust
Infernal Resurrection (new song)
Sacrifice For the Slaughtergod
Upon Wings of Black
Baptized in Flames:rocker:
Repulsive Salvation:rocker:
Beyond the Permafrost:blaze:
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
The Despoiler of Human Life
Within My Blood

Butcher of Birth
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Now that is a set for Witch!

kommie
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
going to this on Sunday, do you have any idea if they're switching off headlining every other day? I like Skeletonwitch but not as familiar as em as I am with 3 Inches of Blood. one of the new songs was probably Lords Of Change.

mastodon421
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Nice sets from Skeletonwitch and 3 Inches Of Blood. They are both going to have to drop a few songs for NEMHF which is kind of a bummer. I'm pumped to see them both again.

kommie
04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Nice sets from Skeletonwitch and 3 Inches Of Blood. They are both going to have to drop a few songs for NEMHF which is kind of a bummer. I'm pumped to see them both again.

more than a few as they're only getting 30 minutes each.

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Holy fuck that is a crazy Skeletonwitch set! Not the order I would choose, but damn!

Still no Bringers of Death though.

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Good Skeletonwitch set but no Stand, Fight, and Die :nonono:
Also the 3IOB set is pretty good.

Crionics
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Awsome set. But I always thought 3IOB was more popular than The Witch? Skeletonwitch is one of my favs, but I would have thought 3IOB would headline this.

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Wait a second! Skeletonwitch is headlining! Fuck yes!

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hoping 3 Inches of Blood does Rock In Hell one of these dates. Probably their most powerful song to date. Still solid set, new songs should be awesome.

elturtleboy
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
thats a GREAT skele set. Im still hoping for a Witch/Trp Them tour. It WILL happen

kommie
04-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Hoping 3 Inches of Blood does Rock In Hell one of these dates. Probably their most powerful song to date. Still solid set, new songs should be awesome.

That is the worst song they've ever made. it sounds like something AC/DC would write.

the deathmetaler
04-13-2011, 07:51 AM
I think both of those bands will play their full sets at NEHMF on Saturday. They are the last two bands playing on the upstairs stage. They always let the last few bands play longer than 30 minutes.

kommie
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
I think both of those bands will play their full sets at NEHMF on Saturday. They are the last two bands playing on the upstairs stage. They always let the last few bands play longer than 30 minutes.

The time's were posted and it's 30 minutes, so unless it changes day of, I doubt it, but I've never been to it so I dunno. These setlists add up to 40 minutes each, approximately, so they're getting the same amount of time each.

bt11763
04-13-2011, 02:51 PM
thats a GREAT skele set. Im still hoping for a Witch/Trp Them tour. It WILL happen

i saw them play together last year :cool:

mastodon421
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
The time's were posted and it's 30 minutes, so unless it changes day of, I doubt it, but I've never been to it so I dunno. These setlists add up to 40 minutes each, approximately, so they're getting the same amount of time each.

Municipal Waste played last on the 2nd stage last year and they ended up playing for 45 minutes when they were only supposed to play for 30 minutes. 3 Inches Of Blood will only play 30 minutes for sure, but Skeletonwitch potentially could play their whole set.

the deathmetaler
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Municipal Waste played last on the 2nd stage last year and they ended up playing for 45 minutes when they were only supposed to play for 30 minutes. 3 Inches Of Blood will only play 30 minutes for sure, but Skeletonwitch potentially could play their whole set.

Exactly! Hope fully Skeletonwitch will have alot of people upstairs during their set. Their on pretty much the same time Job For A Cowboy get off and Carnifex go on.

rjturtle9
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Exactly! Hope fully Skeletonwitch will have alot of people upstairs during their set. Their on pretty much the same time Job For A Cowboy get off and Carnifex go on.

Skeletonwith>J4AC>Carnifex

BloodoftheKings
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM

:fist: I'm glad to hear im not the only one hear who likes that song.

Indestructible
04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
This would be cool to see.

mastodon421
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah I plan on watching the first half of Job For A Cowboy, then all of 3 Inches Of Blood and Skeletonwitch. I sadly think they are on the same time as Carnifex, Skeletonwitch won't get that big of audience, which is a fucking shame.

the deathmetaler
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah I plan on watching the first half of Job For A Cowboy, then all of 3 Inches Of Blood and Skeletonwitch. I sadly think they are on the same time as Carnifex, Skeletonwitch won't get that big of audience, which is a fucking shame.

Maybe. I have a feeling that they'll have a really good sized audience even though Carnifex is on.

kommie
04-14-2011, 04:50 PM
do you happen to remember how much merchandise was?

the deathmetaler
04-14-2011, 06:06 PM
do you happen to remember how much merchandise was?

Last year everything was pretty much regular price. More known bands were $25 for shirts and lesser known we like $15 to $20.

kommie
04-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Last year everything was pretty much regular price. More known bands were $25 for shirts and lesser known we like $15 to $20.

uh, do you think this is the NEMHF thread? considering there's only 2 bands on this...

daimonos
04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
going to this on Sunday, do you have any idea if they're switching off headlining every other day? I like Skeletonwitch but not as familiar as em as I am with 3 Inches of Blood. one of the new songs was probably Lords Of Change.

At the Pittsburgh date 3ioB headlined, so I guess they're switching off.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-14-2011, 10:45 PM
That is the worst song they've ever made. it sounds like something AC/DC would write.

So this would explain the vendetta that the seeming majority of this forum has on the most recent 3 Inches of Blood album?