PDA

View Full Version : Ihsahn to replace Arcturus at ProgPower

MPF
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Former EMPEROR frontman, Ihsahn has been confirmed to replace Arcturus at this year’s edition of the annual progressive & power metal festival held in Atlanta, GA September 2011.

Arcturus have issued the following statement regarding their cancellation:

“Arcturus still suffer from hibernation sickness, and due to outdated parts we deeply regret to inform you: We are canceling Progpower USA. This lack of maintenance is entirely our own fault, and sincere apologies go out to the promoter and all ticket holders, especially those of you who had planned to travel far..”

ProgPower USA Promoter, Glenn Harveston, adds:

“I have no idea what the hell that statement means. I’m not going to try and figure it out either, as I have wasted enough time and effort on that “band” already. In the meantime, I would like to personally thank Ihsahn for taking the slot. His professionalism in this situation is greatly appreciated.”

This almost makes me want to book a airplane ticket, hotel room and try to make it to this show, I'd kill to see Ihsahn playing solo material. :rocker:

coltongsmith
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
i was semi-excited for Arcturus but Ihsahn is the best replacement possible. this is definitely worth the money now.

Derelict
04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Saw him at Tuska last year, pretty impressive, and he busted out an emperor song.

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Not to take anything away from Ihsahn but I'd be pretty pissed if I had been planning on going to this.

jd091
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Everyone going to this should stop what they are doing, kiss the ground and thank whatever god you believe in that you have the opportunity to actually witness the pure fucking amazingness that is Ihsahn.

llama lom
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Not to take anything away from Ihsahn but I'd be pretty pissed if I had been planning on going to this.

This, but Ihsahn is at least a good replacement.

ChildrenofSodom
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I like Ihsahn, but he has to be as far from the kind of prog this concert usually books, while still being on the continuum. Don't people that go to ProgPower like the flowerly falsetto business?

Derelict
04-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Same

Akumu
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
i was semi-excited for Arcturus but Ihsahn is the best replacement possible. this is definitely worth the money now.

This.

JuuKun
04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I like Ihsahn, but he has to be as far from the kind of prog this concert usually books, while still being on the continuum. Don't people that go to ProgPower like the flowerly falsetto business?

They've been branching out. Especially for the upper parts of the bill, Glenn's sort of running out of traditional Prog/Power bands without giving the festival goers headliners they've already seen 2-3+ times. Arcturus was pretty far from the usual Prog, and I'm glad the replacement is in the same vein.

That being said - I wanted to see Arcturus, having been a fan for a couple of years now. But Ihsahn is far and away my preferred choice, and made this lineup that much better for me. I say this every year, but more than ever, I'm determined to make this year happen for me.

ravenheart
04-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Interesting choice. Not sure the ProgPower crowd will be that into him though...

I love the PPUSA line-ups recently. Very varied and interesting.

Akumu
04-13-2011, 03:17 AM
Interesting choice. Not sure the ProgPower crowd will be that into him though...

Yeah, I think he's banking on the Arcturus fanboys who had planned on traveling from miles around accepting Ihsahn as a suitable-enough replacement. If Leprous will be performing as his backup band, there'll at least be some familiar faces.

ravenheart
04-13-2011, 03:54 AM
I always love Glenn's mini public strops every time a band cancels.

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Meh, that sucks. Hopefully Arcturus can get their stuff together in the near future. 2011 is supposed to be the lucky number!

“Arcturus still suffer from hibernation sickness, and due to outdated parts we deeply regret to inform you: We are canceling Progpower USA. This lack of maintenance is entirely our own fault, and sincere apologies go out to the promoter and all ticket holders, especially those of you who had planned to travel far..”

Winning.

“I have no idea what the hell that statement means. I’m not going to try and figure it out either, as I have wasted enough time and effort on that “band” already.

Defeat.