PDA

View Full Version : Mushroomhead Announces Tour With (Hed)p.e.

Motograter_Ghost
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Saw a mention of it on the forum but didnt see dates posted just someone askin ppl to make sure they post setlist info so here goes....

American nu-metal veterans Mushroomhead have revealed the dates for their upcoming U.S. co-headline tour with (Hed)p.e. You can view the full list of dates, cities and venues below.

04/15 Agora Hills, CA – Canyon Club
04/16 Santa Ana, CA – The Galaxy Theatre
04/17 Sacramento, CA – Ace of Spades
04/19 Spokane, WA – Knitting Factory
04/20 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
04/21 Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
04/22 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
04/23 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall
04/24 Colorado Springs, CO – Black Sheep
04/26 Omaha, NE – Sokol Auditorium
04/27 Minneapolis, MN – Cabooze Presents
04/28 Des Moines, IA – People’s Court
04/29 Sauget, IL – Pop’s Nightclub
04/30 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave
05/01 Joliet, IL – Mojoes
05/02 Battle Creek, MI – Planet Live Music
05/04 Grand Rapids, MI – The Intersection
05/05 Cleveland, OH – Peabody’s
05/06 Columbus, OH – Al Rosa Villa
05/08 Flint, MI – Machine Shop
05/10 Dayton, OH – McGuffys House Of Rock
05/11 Louisville, OH – The Carriage House
05/12 Pittsburgh, PA – Altar Bar
05/13 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
05/14 Albany, NY – Northern Lights
05/15 Auburn, ME – Club Texas
05/17 New York, NY – Gramercy Theatre
05/18 Allentown, PA – Crocodile Rock Cafe
05/19 Springfield, VA – Jaxx
05/20 Jacksonville, NC – Hooligans
05/21 Fayetteville, NC – The Rock Shop
05/22 Charlotte, NC – Tremont Music Hall
05/23 Pensacola, FL – Phineas Phogg’s
05/25 Tallahassee, FL – Floyds Music Store
05/26 St. Petersburg, FL – State Theatre
05/27 Jacksonville, FL – Rain
05/28 Orlando, FL – Firestone Live
05/29 Ft. Lauderdale, FL – The Culture Room
05/31 Tyler, TX – Clicks
06/02 Odessa, TX – Dos Amigos
06/03 Houston, TX – Scout Bar
06/04 Dallas, TX – Trees
06/05 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theatre
06/06 Farmington, NM – Top Deck
06/08 Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre
06/09 Tucson, AZ – Rialto Theatre
06/10 Los Angeles, CA – The Key Club

Source: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=67082

kommie
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
a tour that lasts almost 2 months? more like this is their once a year pay-check. are these bands even still popular with people not stuck in the early 2000s?

RAZOR
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Six dates in Florida? Jesus Christ.

illuminatus917
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
a tour that lasts almost 2 months? more like this is their once a year pay-check. are these bands even still popular with people not stuck in the early 2000s?

There'll be less than 75 people at a decent amount of these shows.

Steev
04-11-2011, 09:42 PM
There'll be less than 75 people at a decent amount of these shows.

This, and honestly when they're playing a dump like allentown instead of Philly its not even worth the nostalgia

Fun fact, Hed's original guitarist is in KoRn now

Motograter_Ghost
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
I would actually love to go to this...too bad the closest date to me is 8 hours away in Dallas :mad:

Steev
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
If it was closer maybe

But usually when these bands play bigger cities its with juggalo approved garbage

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15979

Ahem...

Nick_to_the_face
04-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Fuck you people, Mushroomhead is fucking awesome :mad:
and for you info, i just saw mushroomhead on sunday, and it was packed :cool:

rjturtle9
04-12-2011, 01:01 AM
I can go to this for free, but I'm not.

OraclesofAgony
04-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I remember when I thought "Blackout" was a cool song in middle school.

GWAR654
04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
wow i love how so many people hate mushroomhead. Mushroomhead is amazing. Im friends with some of the band members and they go on these long two month tours because everyone is wanting them to come back. each show on average has about 200-400 people. they are still more popular then you all think.

Steev
04-12-2011, 08:00 AM
wow i love how so many people hate mushroomhead. Mushroomhead is amazing. Im friends with some of the band members and they go on these long two month tours because everyone is wanting them to come back. each show on average has about 200-400 people. they are still more popular then you all think.

I dont hate them, but I live in Philly, where in 2003 they cancelled the day of because of electrical issues

they later rescheduled it months later and I couldnt attend

and they never played Philly again, instead they go to allentown which is a complete cesspool(nothing but bad experiences at that venue)

It took them playing Rock On The Range(which is 10 hours or so from me) to finally see them, and a combination of bad sound quality and a field that was completely destroyed from rain made that not exactly an amazing experience

I do still like the band, but I have a problem with them skipping a major city for 7 years

Nick_to_the_face
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM

Someone's got my back :fist:
I understand Hedpe, cause they suck. But Mushroomhead...i fucking love em.

Steev
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Hed's first couple albums were good

then they got all weird with the conspiracy theories and shit

Motograter_Ghost
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15979

Ahem...

Like I said "I didnt see it" I even used the search, so Im blaming this on site navigation :tongue:

stylesclash516
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
The first (and only) time I saw Mushroomhead was Mayhem 2009 and they were by far the worst band there. They were one of the main reasons I went and I was a bit disappointed. The sound was off, their gimmick was just goofy, and all they did was stand there. To me Mushroomhead died when J-Mann left.

Nick_to_the_face
04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
The first (and only) time I saw Mushroomhead was Mayhem 2009 and they were by far the worst band there. They were one of the main reasons I went and I was a bit disappointed. The sound was off, their gimmick was just goofy, and all they did was stand there. To me Mushroomhead died when J-Mann left.

Then you, sir, were cheated. Maybe because it was a festival

Travis The Dragon
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I've seen Mushroomhead 4 times and they were super amazing every time! The 27th can't get here soon enough!

Nick_to_the_face
04-13-2011, 07:54 AM
I've seen Mushroomhead 4 times and they were super amazing every time! The 27th can't get here soon enough!

Thats what I'm talking about :metal:

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Like I said "I didnt see it" I even used the search, so Im blaming this on site navigation :tongue:

Ignorance and laziness do not constitute an excuse, buddy. Any basic "Mushroomhead" search would have turned up the original thread.

So yeah, let's try using the Search function next time.

GWAR654
04-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Someone's got my back :fist:
I understand Hedpe, cause they suck. But Mushroomhead...i fucking love em.

Hell yeah brother. Mushroomhead is the fucking shit. I love Waylon and what he brings to the band. He seems more energetic then JMann anyways. Its awesome because since Im friends with some of them I get into all the shows free and last shroom show i went to i got to play water drums the last two songs haha it was amazing.

Nick_to_the_face
04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Hell yeah brother. Mushroomhead is the fucking shit. I love Waylon and what he brings to the band. He seems more energetic then JMann anyways. Its awesome because since Im friends with some of them I get into all the shows free and last shroom show i went to i got to play water drums the last two songs haha it was amazing.

Thats badass man :rocker: yeah, i think waylon kicks ass. For the most part though I don't know anyone who hates him. I like both eras of Mushroomhead, but Savior Sorrow, that is a badass record. I've listened to that album all the way through so many fucking times. I never saw them with JMann, so i can't make a judgement.
By the way, you wouldn't happen to know the set they are playing on this tour do you. I have a set, but its all weird. Like, were I know Simple Survival was played, they have WUZYO instead :confused:

Steev
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM

if you know them tell them to book a fucking show in Philly for once

they've been skipping here for over 7 years

Motograter_Ghost
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Ignorance and laziness do not constitute an excuse, buddy. Any basic "Mushroomhead" search would have turned up the original thread.

First of all dont call me buddy, Im not a dude and Im not your buddy, second of all I know sometimes I may be a ditz but I know how anal you all are and I used the search engine 3x by searchin both Mushroomhead and (Hed)p.e. and at that time only 6 things showed up. one of them being "hed to head 2.0 setlist" that had no dates. the other DID NOT show up...why i dunno as it was in fact posted before mine but I DID check 3 times specifically so I didnt have to listen to the crybaby comments Im hearing from you right now. I have the upmost respect for WolverineKills and would never steal his glory on purpose. Sorry for this mishap. Was just tryin to share exciting news and looks like Im not the only one that missed that post back in Feb because I have seen ppl postin on this thread the excitment of this news and going. All in all I figure this website is for sharing info with all metalhead family not about who's junk is bigger in which case I will ultimatly lose everytime cuz I have none. No need to :deadhorse

Travis The Dragon
04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok, here's what I did. I clicked "search">"advanced search". Then, on the right, I selected "misinformation and propaganda" and under the pulldown menu on the left, I selected "search titles only" and I got this (http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=1045232). So, maybe it's all in how you use the search function on this site. It does take a bit of experimenting.

GWAR654
04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Thats badass man :rocker: yeah, i think waylon kicks ass. For the most part though I don't know anyone who hates him. I like both eras of Mushroomhead, but Savior Sorrow, that is a badass record. I've listened to that album all the way through so many fucking times. I never saw them with JMann, so i can't make a judgement.
By the way, you wouldn't happen to know the set they are playing on this tour do you. I have a set, but its all weird. Like, were I know Simple Survival was played, they have WUZYO instead :confused:

yeah they use code names for a lot of shit. what does ur set say.

Nick_to_the_face
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
yeah they use code names for a lot of shit. what does ur set say.

Come On
Bwomp
SDR
Save Us
Kill
Twink
Harvest
Stone
Wuzyo
The Doubt
Burn The Bridge
Floyd
Born

Bolded are the ones i dont know.
I'm pretty sure Floyd is Empty Spaces

Nick_to_the_face
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Yeah..you're a dick.

RAZOR
04-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah..you're a dick.

But he basically said what I'm sure a good chunk of us were thinking. :tongue:

Nick_to_the_face
04-15-2011, 12:07 PM
But he basically said what I'm sure a good chunk of us were thinking. :tongue:

:lol: but there is what you say and how you say it :eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Bumb for answer :eyes:

RAZOR
04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
:lol: but there is what you say and how you say it :eyes:

While that's true, he got his point/thought across regardless.

GWAR654
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Come On
Bwomp
SDR
Save Us
Kill
Twink
Harvest
Stone
Wuzyo
The Doubt
Burn The Bridge
Floyd
Born

Bolded are the ones i dont know.
I'm pretty sure Floyd is Empty Spaces

i know wuzyo is simple survival, twink i think is before i die and i dont remember stone haha

Nick_to_the_face
04-18-2011, 07:28 AM
i know wuzyo is simple survival, twink i think is before i die and i dont remember stone haha

But they didn't play Before I Die..
Haha I'll probably figure it out soon, through PROCESS OF ELIMINATION..
:lol:

I know one of those is Damage Done

GWAR654
04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
But they didn't play Before I Die..
Haha I'll probably figure it out soon, through PROCESS OF ELIMINATION..
:lol:

I know one of those is Damage Done

thats what wuzyo was yup :D

Nick_to_the_face
04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
thats what wuzyo was yup :D

Then what was Simple Survival :confused:

GWAR654
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Then what was Simple Survival :confused:

i meant twink was damage done lol wuyzo was ss

Nick_to_the_face
04-18-2011, 09:07 PM

Ah ok lol.
So you have no idea what Stone is?

GWAR654
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Ah ok lol.
So you have no idea what Stone is?

ill text rick (st1tch) later today and find out ok lol

kommie
04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
I wonder what would of happened if RoadRunner went with Mushroomhead instead of Slipknot, would we be joking about Slipknot sucking instead of Mushroomhead, and would Mushroomhead be a stadium band like Slipknot is now?

Steev
04-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I wonder what would of happened if RoadRunner went with Mushroomhead instead of Slipknot, would we be joking about Slipknot sucking instead of Mushroomhead, and would Mushroomhead be a stadium band like Slipknot is now?

Id say no, unless there is some reason(management wise) alot of this lies in the fact that Mushroomhead seems to do little more than headlining tours of the same middle American cities

early on Slipknot was working their way into support slots(namely one with Coal Chamber-who at the time hit huge-and Machine Head), and festival tours(Tattoo The Earth anyone?) and that allowed them to reach a bigger market(along with alot of European touring, though honestly I don't know how often Mushroomhead tours overseas)

honestly I think it goes deeper than Roadrunner(because many good bands have done nothing on that label, it's a crap shoot when it comes to the public), and more with how a band puts themselves out there

shit even when Mushroomhead did Mayhem it was the same cities they always play, and now they're doing another tour with HeDpe after last year touring with all unknown bands(only one Id heard of was local to my area, and they're awful-see my comments on the Symphony X tour)

Regardless of label I think Slipknot would have always done better, they were aligning themselves with the likes of Slayer, Biohazard, and Fear Factory early on. Meanwhile Mushroomhead was buddying up with ICP(shudder). Basically bad business decisions and alot of the "same old" are why Mushroomhead isn't as big as Slipknot, even Slipknot has gone out on a limb with opening bands over the years and it's worked for them(Mudvayne, Coheed & Cambria, Lamb of God, etc). Maybe if Mushroomhead opened for a bigger name band or did a whole run of Mayhem it'd be different, but this tour in particular is just preaching to the converted. It's the same reason bands like Kittie, Otep, Ill Nino, and a slew of others just kind of linger. At some point these bands just started doing the same tours in the same cities in the same venues, and that does nothing to get new fans.

and going back to the original point there's been an urban legend that Slipknot was never meant to be successful for RR and it just kind of happened on it's own

Nick_to_the_face
04-19-2011, 04:02 PM

Speaking of him, I actually had a sort of run in with him :lol: it was all in fun though

GWAR654
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Speaking of him, I actually had a sort of run in with him :lol: it was all in fun though

what u mean lol?

and mushroomhead is streaming live now

http://www.livestream.com/theknitspokane

Nick_to_the_face
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
what u mean lol?

and mushroomhead is streaming live now

http://www.livestream.com/theknitspokane

I asked him to sign 2 ticket stubs, and he acted like he got mad. Then threw the stub down, then signed it and wouldnt give it back. So i took his sharpie cap. :lol:

Steev
04-22-2011, 08:27 AM

tell them to do a tour that doesnt dick over major cities

seriously how does a tour skip NYC, LA, Philly, and Chicago

GWAR654
04-22-2011, 09:27 AM
tell them to do a tour that doesnt dick over major cities

seriously how does a tour skip NYC, LA, Philly, and Chicago

lol funny you say chicago cause im from chicago. they do smaller cities because they want to throw shows at people in towns that usually dont get shows so the loyal fans still travel but people that are too far away from the main cities can still see there fav band.

Steev
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
lol funny you say chicago cause im from chicago. they do smaller cities because they want to throw shows at people in towns that usually dont get shows so the loyal fans still travel but people that are too far away from the main cities can still see there fav band.

that's a horrible excuse, they've skipped Philly for 7 years(the one time they came and I had tickets they cancelled an hour before due to power failure, picture a couple hundred pissed off people standing outside in the snow)

allentown is the worst city/venue Ive ever been to and it's insulting to think people from my area are going to drive over an hour to go there(especially when the openers are far from worth the trip)

it's funny, I met a few members at Rock On The Range last year and one specifically said they loved playing the Trocadero, yet multiple tours into this album cycle still nothing

sinurgy
04-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Anyone ever figure out which song "Stone" was?

Come On
Bwomp
SDR
Save Us
Kill
Twink
Harvest
Stone???
Wuzyo
The Doubt
Burn The Bridge
Floyd
Born

GWAR654
04-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Anyone ever figure out which song "Stone" was?

damage done.

GWAR654
04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
that's a horrible excuse, they've skipped Philly for 7 years(the one time they came and I had tickets they cancelled an hour before due to power failure, picture a couple hundred pissed off people standing outside in the snow)

allentown is the worst city/venue Ive ever been to and it's insulting to think people from my area are going to drive over an hour to go there(especially when the openers are far from worth the trip)

it's funny, I met a few members at Rock On The Range last year and one specifically said they loved playing the Trocadero, yet multiple tours into this album cycle still nothing

its also hard dude. its not up to the guys persoanlly. its up to there touring manager to where they are playing. its sucks yeah i know.

Nick_to_the_face
04-30-2011, 10:13 AM
damage done.

cool, thanks man. Maybe now I can post my late as fuck set

Steev
04-30-2011, 11:33 AM
its also hard dude. its not up to the guys persoanlly. its up to there touring manager to where they are playing. its sucks yeah i know.

their management is killing them if that's the case

Travis The Dragon
04-30-2011, 02:34 PM
The MN. show was their BEST EVER!!! They were so tight sounding!!!

The vids that my dad took:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVq60iyeqNs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHD-467aXGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47TaNR34Wt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWO1x-rVEV0

sinurgy
04-30-2011, 05:43 PM
damage done.
Ah ok, thanks! I'm pretty pumped to see them, for no particular reason I never got into Mushroomhead until very recently so this will be my first opportunity to see them live.

Can you tell this Mushroomhead noob which singer is responsible for, ah hell, I don't know what type of singing you'd even call it. For lack of better way of saying it, which one does more of the clean vocals and less yelling/screaming? E.g. In Simple Survival, who sings this part:
"Push the colors from the make up
Drop your feelings at the door
Has anybody here had enough
Walking in on so much more
Gonna make you give up"

sinurgy
04-30-2011, 05:52 PM

Anyone ever figure out which song Stone was?

damage done.

Wait...so which is it? Either way it seems Damage Done and Simple Survival were 2 of the 3 songs missing from the setlist, looks like no one has identified the 3rd one.

Travis The Dragon
04-30-2011, 06:27 PM
SDR=Sun Doesn't Rise

Also, this (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mushroomhead/2011/knitting-factory-spokane-wa-33d398c5.html) might help. :)

Nick_to_the_face
04-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Wait...so which is it? Either way it seems Damage Done and Simple Survival were 2 of the 3 songs missing from the setlist, looks like no one has identified the 3rd one.

well shit

sinurgy
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM
SDR=Sun Doesn't Rise

Also, this (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mushroomhead/2011/knitting-factory-spokane-wa-33d398c5.html) might help. :)
Yeah I saw that, I was hoping to get more of a consensus but so far no go. At this point I suppose I'll just go with it and hope it's at least mostly right!

Nick_to_the_face
05-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah I saw that, I was hoping to get more of a consensus but so far no go. At this point I suppose I'll just go with it and hope it's at least mostly right!

Solitare is right, I remember them playing it

sinurgy
05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Solitare is right, I remember them playing it
Is the rest of the setlist that fonzbear200 linked to accurate? If so that's weird. How do you only play one song from your latest album?!

Travis The Dragon
05-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Actually, at the concert I saw, they played the 2 which are in that setlist: Come On and Burn The Bridge. Still though, that's not very supportive for a new album. Same with Blind Guardian and Ozzy on recent tours. That's what I love about bands like Iron Maiden and Rush. If they're touring for a new album, they play at least 5-6 songs from it.

Nick_to_the_face
05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT :party:

Come On
Bwomp
Sun Doesn't Rise
Save Us-->Embrace The Ending-->Save Us
Kill Tomorrow
Solitaire/Unraveling
Harvest The Garden
Damage Done
Simple Survival
The Doubt
Burn The Bridge
Empty Spaces
Born of Desire

This is 99.9% right. all the songs are correct, actually im pretty sure this is 100% correct. I have a picture of the set so I can confirm them

EDIT: Thanks to GWAR654 for helping

GWAR654
05-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I FIGURED IT OUT :party:

Come On
Bwomp
Sun Doesn't Rise
Save Us
Kill Tomorrow
Solitaire/Unraveling
Harvest The Garden
Damage Done
Simple Survival
The Doubt
Burn The Bridge
Empty Spaces
Born of Desire

This is 99.9% right. all the songs are correct, actually im pretty sure this is 100% correct. I have a picture of the set so I can confirm them

save us --> embrace the ending --> save us

sinurgy
05-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Actually, at the concert I saw, they played the 2 which are in that setlist: Come On and Burn The Bridge. Still though, that's not very supportive for a new album. Same with Blind Guardian and Ozzy on recent tours. That's what I love about bands like Iron Maiden and Rush. If they're touring for a new album, they play at least 5-6 songs from it.
Oh duh, not sure how I forgot to include Come On but yeah as you stated, it's still kinda weak they are only playing 2 songs from the new album. On top of that they're not even playing the most popular song from the new album which last time I looked, they have a poll on their website, was Inspiration (great song by the way!!!!!).

Nick_to_the_face
05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh duh, not sure how I forgot to include Come On but yeah as you stated, it's still kinda weak they are only playing 2 songs from the new album. On top of that they're not even playing the most popular song from the new album which last time I looked, they have a poll on their website, was Inspiration (great song by the way!!!!!).

They played 3 at mine