PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take young kids to concerts

noahj
04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I have an 8 year old son who is wanting to go to Amon Amarth next week with me here in Denver. I took him to see Iron Maiden last year, but it was in a big ampitheatre. Amon Amarth is in a smaller venue, but i've called and they told me he can come with me.

Anyone have smaller kids they've taken to shows? My big concern is how crowded it will be and his safety. I've never been to The Summitt in Denver either. Anyone ever been there and know if there are places i could take my son and him not be trampled?

IrritatedTrout
04-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I went to an Amon Amarth show once and the pit was pretty wild, but I was near the front. If you stay near the back I would think it wouldn't be so bad.

Indestructible
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I would definetly keep him in the back away from the pit.

mastodon421
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I think if you stay near the back, you should be fine

noahj
04-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I called The Summitt and they tell me there is a balcony which should be good if i take him.

Wondering if any Denver locals can let me know if they've been to The Summitt if that seems reasonable.

Little guy is dying to see them....how could a dad refuse? :rocker:

smearCampaign
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Bring ear protection for the little one for sure.

noahj
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Ya i got some ear plugs from Maiden i plan to bring. He doesn't know yet and he'll be so damn excited when i tell him tonight!

AnataFan4Life
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
At Volume 11 in Raleigh, I oftentimes see a man and his wife, who look to be in their 40's, with their son, who looks to be about 8-10. I found it pretty awesome that they are taking their kid to death metal shows, so I think your kid will be fine.

Just keep him away from the pit >_>

ImmortalEmperor
04-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I called The Summitt and they tell me there is a balcony which should be good if i take him.

Wondering if any Denver locals can let me know if they've been to The Summitt if that seems reasonable.

Not a local, but I saw Immortal at the Summit Music Hall in February. Yes, they do have a balcony which should work for you. I didn't go up there, but it seemed to fill up pretty quickly. Also, there is an area off to the left side of the main floor that has some booths, etc. and is pretty empty, though your view from there would probably be restricted.

mankvill
04-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Next time you make a thread like this, please put it in the general chat.

I've seen a guy take his son to multiple shows, including shows that are 21+. He sometimes has them right up against the stage, but he does a good job at protecting them from moshing and stage diving. In my opinion, if you take a kid, keep them out of the pit.

MPF
04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
As long as he has ear plugs, and is away from the douchebag moshers, you should be all good.

OraclesofAgony
04-11-2011, 04:15 PM

I've seen a guy take his son to multiple shows, including shows that are 21+. He sometimes has them right up against the stage, but he does a good job at protecting them from moshing and stage diving. In my opinion, if you take a kid, keep them out of the pit.

The same rule should apply to guys who go out of their way to protect their girlfriends. I don't like having an elbow or fist dug into my back because someone is trying to protect their girlfriend.

rjturtle9
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
The same rule should apply to guys who go out of their way to protect their girlfriends. I don't like having an elbow or fist dug into my back because someone is trying to protect their girlfriend.

Yeah, I hate that shit too. Usually the cause of many fights. Usually, when I get an elbow by any asshole, I wait for a good wave of people to come my way, and try to knock said asshole into the pit. Works like a charm.

brutal_descent
04-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I hate that shit too. Usually the cause of many fights. Usually, when I get an elbow by any asshole, I wait for a good wave of people to come my way, and try to knock said asshole into the pit. Works like a charm.

Haha, I did that once and the fucker lost his glasses. :lol:

rjturtle9
04-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Haha, I did that once and the fucker lost his glasses. :lol:

Good for him :D

jd091
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM

This.

But like everyone else is saying, just stay near the back. And you are officially the greatest dad ever.

kommie
04-11-2011, 06:31 PM
I was at Ozzfest one of the last years where it was a real thing, and some guy had a kid on his shoulders, and Rob Zombie pointed it out saying it was awesome or some such.

rjturtle9
04-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I was at Ozzfest one of the last years where it was a real thing, and some guy had a kid on his shoulders, and Rob Zombie pointed it out saying it was awesome or some such.

Some guy had his kid daughter on his shoulders... IN THE FUCKING PIT WHILE EXODUS PLAYED TOXIC WALTZ! They both looked like they were having a great time.

maidenpriest
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Just bring ear plugs and keep him away from the pit. I remember seeing shows when i was young (and not used to loud music) and my ears were ringing for a long time. Rush was worth it though :D

noahj
04-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry i put this in the wrong forum.

Got home and my son went ape shit when i told him he could go.....started singing Twilight of the Thunder God.

Already have ear plugs from Maiden show i took him to and will definitely stay away from the pits.

bt11763
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM

oh yeah that was awesome! :lol:

Got home and my son went ape shit when i told him he could go.....started singing Twilight of the Thunder God.

that's fantastic. you are the dad that i would like to be. and my son better turn out like yours or i'll beat it into him.

llama lom
04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
If my kid's into metal I will be the happiest dad on the planet. Even if he doesn't I probably still will. :D

noahj
04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
My son was listening to metal in the crib....so he didn't have much choice but to like it :)

He really wants to see Megadeth at Mayhem, but i just can't force myself to sit through most of the other bands.

Hoping Megadeth swings through Denver late next year so i can take him. Kinda regret i didn't take him to Slayer/Megadeth last year.

Nick_to_the_face
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Always giving new comers shit :nonono:

:lol:

HackedUpForBBQ
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I remember seeing a father with two young boys at the Metal Masters Tour back in '08. The boys both had Iron Maiden shirts on, which were immediately ripped off when Motorhead took the stage. The boys then began throwing each other around and punching each other with the father simply sitting there. It's damn good to see youth like that!

DethMaiden
04-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Misread the thread title as "anyone take young kids FROM concerts" and thought I could help.

But in this case, no.

jd091
04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Misread the thread title as "anyone take young kids FROM concerts" and thought I could help.

:lol:

ravenheart
04-19-2011, 02:50 PM

But in this case, no.

Should I be warning airport security at Heathrow?

rjturtle9
04-19-2011, 05:14 PM

But in this case, no.

:lol: you people sure have been coming up with a lot of great posts this year.