PDA

View Full Version : Metal Archives Version 2.0

daimonos
04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure how many of you guys use this site, but I've always found it extremely helpful. Anyways, they redid alot of the site, and it's pretty cool.

Link here:
http://209.59.186.200/~metalarc/

DethMaiden
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I love the Archives, but I do hate their holier than thou approach to what is and isn't metal. I remember BTBAM used to be on there then when Colors came out they dropped them. :confused:

larvtard
04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I love the Archives, but I do hate their holier than thou approach to what is and isn't metal. I remember BTBAM used to be on there then when Colors came out they dropped them. :confused:

:lol: btbam isn't metal? And grayceon is?

Maiden33
04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I've had a long-standing argument going about Jaded Heart belonging on the site. I understand why the Michael Bormann stuff (through the "Trust" album) was not qualified, but seriously ,the past 3 albums have DEFINITELY been metal. If they can have shit like Def Leppard and Motley Crue on there, Jaded Heart is seriously qualified. Apparently even the band is kinda angry about it.

moobys37
04-09-2011, 11:24 AM

I always thought it would be better to have stuff that is commercially considered metal to expand the community.

christopher
04-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I still don't understand why Assjack isn't on there. Hank III is metal as fuck. I can understand why the country records would shun him away, but people deserve to know about his metal side

ravenheart
04-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Wow, they are going to need to speed that shit up otherwise it's going to become an infinitely more frustrating site to use. I like the previous band pages layout better.

ChildrenofSodom
04-09-2011, 11:42 AM
The new one "looks" nicer, but I don't like that I have to click around to find certain info. Before, Iron Maiden had one page and I could see all of the band members, past and present, their history, and all of their releases (with ratings) without having to click different tabs. Its was really simple. That being said, I do like seeing the genre of the band when I search for a common name. I always click the wrong Nevermore. :hecho:

Also, I still don't understand their criteria. Miss May I, for example. No one would question whether or not they played "metal" music. Is it good? Is it too far removed from death metal to be called that? How exactly do you describe their sound? These are all details to be hashed out by fans, but they are undoubtedly a metal band. Same goes for Between the Buried and Me.

BloodoftheKings
04-09-2011, 12:08 PM
I also cant stand their standards for what is metal and what isn't. Faith No More has a page on there and they aren't metal, while bands like slipknot (not good metal but still metal) don't have pages just cause the admins don't like them I guess.

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2011, 12:32 PM
It just seems messy now.

mankvill
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh wow, I like this a lot.

treghet
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
It looks a lot nicer and more organized, but I liked having all the information on one page instead of having to click different tabs. It's not a big deal though.

JRA
04-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I also cant stand their standards for what is metal and what isn't. Faith No More has a page on there and they aren't metal, while bands like slipknot (not good metal but still metal) don't have pages just cause the admins don't like them I guess.

You'll be pleased to know that one of Ultraboris's funnier reviews is where he gives the Angel Dust album a 4 out of 100. :D

Anyways, well...the site looks more encyclopedialike. But yea, if they don't speed things up they're dead in the water.

elturtleboy
04-09-2011, 07:39 PM
a shit load of "Anal" bands and not one Cunt

BloodoftheKings
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
You'll be pleased to know that one of Ultraboris's funnier reviews is where he gives the Angel Dust album a 4 out of 100. :D

Anyways, well...the site looks more encyclopedialike. But yea, if they don't speed things up they're dead in the water.

I read that shit, if that guy isn't a troll he's a complete retard. First of all the song is called "Everything's Ruined" not "Everything's Broken", and if FNM has mallcore influence then they must they must have the power to travel through time because mallcore didn't exist in 1992.

masterguy49
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I won't be back after reading a review and seeing this "Overall its frankly terrible much like BTBAM's bloody 'Colours' which is also a wrongly praised pile of 'innovative' garbage."

RAZOR
04-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I like it.

treghet
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
JRA & Ravenheart: The website has been slow for the past year or so. I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. Although, it has been better recently. There were plenty of times that it wouldn't load at all.

ravenheart
04-10-2011, 04:38 AM
JRA & Ravenheart: The website has been slow for the past year or so. I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. Although, it has been better recently. There were plenty of times that it wouldn't load at all.

I've not found it slow at all. Now the page loads, then it sits there saying "searching" for a while. You finally get a list of bands, click one, their page loads but with none of the tabs populated, they sit saying "loading".

It was never like that. I searched, got instant results, clicked and got an instant page with all the information on.

I'm not liking the new site at all.

treghet
04-10-2011, 04:41 AM
I've not found it slow at all. Now the page loads, then it sits there saying "searching" for a while. You finally get a list of bands, click one, their page loads but with none of the tabs populated, they sit saying "loading".

It was never like that. I searched, got instant results, clicked and got an instant page with all the information on.

I'm not liking the new site at all.

That's odd, considering the admins have posted multiple updates regarding the slowness of the server and the couple times it has crashed recently. I assume you're not a frequent visitor to the site if you haven't noticed any of this.

ravenheart
04-10-2011, 04:46 AM
That's odd, considering the admins have posted multiple updates regarding the slowness of the server and the couple times it has crashed recently. I assume you're not a frequent visitor to the site if you haven't noticed any of this.

I only go to it when I need a piece of information. Apart from their archives of band details, what else is there?

I had noticed the messages about server slowness, but since the new site is on a new server, I didn't think it applied to the new site.

El Gordo
04-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I definitely like the new design. I never thought the site looked the way a site called "The Encyclopaedia Metallum" should look.

ravenheart
04-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I definitely like the new design. I never thought the site looked the way a site called "The Encyclopaedia Metallum" should look.

Like a college student had designed it, you mean? ;)

jhdeity
04-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I kinda like it. Some of the reviews make me want to punch people in the face and that's always cool.

The best thing so far was when I was reading a review of one of the greatest cd's ever made, Sadus - Swallowed in Black and one reviewer said 1990 was one of the best years in metal and referenced Rust in Peace, Seasons in the Abyss and Within Temptation.

It took about 15 seconds to find out who he was talking about and when I saw the band Overthrow compared to Dark Angel, Sadus & Kreator I knew I had to check them out. I found a few songs on youtube then a 21 track remaster on ebay. WIN!

El Gordo
04-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Like a college student had designed it, you mean? ;)

Yes, quite. You're right about one thing though. The site is absolutely SLOW AS BALLS.

daimonos
04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Just to clarify, everyone that uses this site knows that anybody can submit a review, right?

idrinkwine732
04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
It's gotten faster over the course of the day.