PDA

View Full Version : Saint Vitus -- Hollywood, CA -- April 5th, 2011

christopher
04-05-2011, 11:31 PM
After weeks of debating about going to this show, I finally gave in and went last minute. I arrived to the House of Blues around the time Kylesa was finishing up their set. I never got around to listening to them, but they sounded great. I found a few of my friends next to the bar and chilled with them for a bit.

Up next was the biggest reason why I decided to go. I have been waiting years to see the mighty Crowbar play live. Too bad it was on this tour where their set was forced to be cut in half, but what I saw made me the happiest I have been in a while. Hearing Plants Collide was a moment in my life I will never forget, that song means so much to me. I was surprised to hear Self Inflicted. Too bad they didn't swap out New Dawn with Slave No More. Oh well, hope they come back soon.

Conquering
The Lasting Dose:rocker:
New Dawn
All I Had
Sever the Wicked Hand
Self Inflicted :rocker:
Planets Collide:bowdown:
Cemetary Angels

Up next was Saint Vitus. This was the second time seeing them. Again too bad they had the bill set up for them to only play around 40 minutes because they deserve a longer set, but it is out of our hands. The highlight of their set was hearing I Bleed Black. I've heard it live before, but just hearing that song makes me so happy. I thought Dying Inside would be the highlight because I can relate to that song extremely well, but it sadly wasn't. By the time SV went to play White Stallions, Wino's voice went out and he sounded like shit for the last 3 songs. The biggest thing about SV for me is hearing Wino's powerful voice along with the doom riffs. Having it go out and sounded terrible during vital songs is a big let down. Oh well, I still had a great time. Dave sure did know how to put on a show with his guitar. I can't wait for the new album and a new tour.

Living Backwards
I Bleed Black
Clear Windowpane
Blessed Night
White Stallions
Dying Inside
Born Too Late

At this point I left cause I don't give a shit about Helmet.

mankvill
04-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Wish you could've seen 'em here!

ravenheart
04-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Woah, short set.

And what the hell are Helmet doing on a metal tour?

christopher
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Wish you could've seen 'em here!

Seriously! I'm still jealous you got the headlining set without Helmet. I don't care CA gets more shows, you're a luckier bastard for that show :D