PDA

View Full Version : Amon Amarth -- Manchester, England -- April 2nd, 2011

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-02-2011, 04:30 PM
I guess they opened up for CoB on The Ugly World Tour.

Here's Amon Amarth's setlist. lets see what we get when they hit the states! It's kinda interesting to see nothing old on this set. I really hope when they do the evening with tour that they put in a few classics off the crusher and verses the world.

War of the Gods
Runes to My Memory
Guardians of Asgaard
Destroyer of the Universe
Live for the Kill
A Beast I Am
Varyags of Miklagaard
Twilight of the Thunder God
The Pursuit of Vikings

Onioner
04-02-2011, 09:07 PM
No Death In Fire?! :flame:

Although Live For The Kill pleases my inner viking.

masterguy49
04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
No Cry of the Black Birds O.o

maidenpriest
04-02-2011, 10:45 PM
really shocked there is no Death in Fire and at least one more off of WOOOS but oh well. I'm not suprised its dominated by TotTG and Surtur, hopefully the US tour isn't the same.

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-03-2011, 07:44 AM
really shocked there is no Death in Fire and at least one more off of WOOOS but oh well. I'm not suprised its dominated by TotTG and Surtur, hopefully the US tour isn't the same.

Same, I really hope that we get more of a diverse setlist. But hey! We get two COMPLETE sets on there US tour so I'll be happy. though rumor has it they are gonna have one set be the ENTIRE Surtur Rising album. Though the more I listen to it that won't be the worst thing ever. I really hope that we get a nice mix of everything.

kommie
04-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Same, I really hope that we get more of a diverse setlist. But hey! We get two COMPLETE sets on there US tour so I'll be happy. though rumor has it they are gonna have one set be the ENTIRE Surtur Rising album. Though the more I listen to it that won't be the worst thing ever. I really hope that we get a nice mix of everything.

this setlists is from them supporting Children of Bodom, and it's not rumor, they will be playing SR in it's entirety.

broncoz
04-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Pretty much what I expected from an opening set. They only had 45 mins so they picked 3 of the shortest songs from Surtur and stuck to mostly new material. Obviously the we are gonna get a lot more older stuff in the States but I hope they keep Live for the Kill

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-03-2011, 11:23 AM
this setlists is from them supporting Children of Bodom, and it's not rumor, they will be playing SR in it's entirety.

where has this been confirmed?

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Pretty much what I expected from an opening set. They only had 45 mins so they picked 3 of the shortest songs from Surtur and stuck to mostly new material. Obviously the we are gonna get a lot more older stuff in the States but I hope they keep Live for the Kill

what i find interesting is that they played 3 off of Surtur and 4 off of Twilight of the Tunder God.....that's odd lol shouldn't it be the other way around?

kommie
04-03-2011, 12:50 PM
where has this been confirmed?

http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth/blog/542031966

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-03-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.myspace.com/amonamarth/blog/542031966

nice, are you hitting any of the dateS?

kommie
04-03-2011, 04:03 PM
nice, are you hitting any of the dateS?

City

adamclark52
04-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I can live without Cry of the Black Birds.

Epidemic Reign
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I can live without Cry of the Black Birds.

Agreed.

I really wish they'd make Once Sealed in Blood one of their staples. Best song they ever wrote in my opinion, and it would be fucking awesome live.

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Agreed.

I really wish they'd make Once Sealed in Blood one of their staples. Best song they ever wrote in my opinion, and it would be fucking awesome live.

hell yeah! Maybe they will toss it into the set now since they have done the 4 night sets where they play the first 4 albums live :)