PDA

View Full Version : Holy Grail -- London, England -- March 28th, 2011

jaysadler2
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
This was the Holy Grail/Revoker headlining tour but mainly went for Holy Grail.

After getting Holy Grails debut album Crisis in Utopia i have been hooked since. It is one of the best metal debut albums and i recommend it to any metal fan. Heavily influenced by Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, heavy riffs/fast shredding solos absolutely awesome.

So was obviously excited to see the show, altho when i arrived i was disappointed to see that Holy Grail would be playing 2nd from last and Revoker getting to close the night, but they were both on for the same length of time (30 mins).

The venue itself was awesome, really small, no barriers and it wasnt too packed, so managed to get right to the front, the band were playing solos right in your face, the singer screaming in your ears and being able give the odd hi 5 inbetween songs lol. I knew that this will be the only time i will get to see this band in a venue like this.
Also got to meet them after, anyways heres the set:

- Nocturne in D minor (intro)
- Fight to kill
- Chase the wind
- Immortal man :rocker:
- Call of Valhalla :rocker:
- Hollow Ground
- Blackest night
- Crisis in Utopia :rocker:
- My last attack

(Order not 100% accurate)

Check these out if you get the chance and buy the album! They are so awesome!

jhdeity
04-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Was Revoker any good? They're being hyped hardcore!

ravenheart
04-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Was Revoker any good? They're being hyped hardcore!

They are?!

I knew they're one of the ones that They have decided are going to be popular, but they didn't seem to be making it like some of the others.

Saw them supporting Zombie in February and they are actually deserving of the praise. They were really good, even though they only got 20 minutes.

arvilla32
04-03-2011, 05:37 AM
love holy grail,great first effort

Metal375
04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
So I take it the two newer members (who HG still won't seem to officially acknowledge on their sites :D) are fitting in OK? Would have liked to see them on the upcoming NA tour with Cauldron, but doesn't look like it's going to happen...

jaysadler2
04-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Revoker were ok, listened to some stuff on myspace but wasnt overally impressed, kinda reminded me of a Welsh Pantera but cant shake away the Welsh label of bullet for my valentine/funeral for a friend/lost prophets shit.

They gave it 100% and tried getting the crowd going but were not that great compared to holy grail. Doubt i'll by anything of theres or see them again.

metalover44
04-09-2011, 10:42 AM
So I take it the two newer members (who HG still won't seem to officially acknowledge on their sites :D) are fitting in OK? Would have liked to see them on the upcoming NA tour with Cauldron, but doesn't look like it's going to happen...

Yeah I talked to Luna and Eli before a show with Eluvietie,they're not acknowledging them yet because these tours were going to be auditions for them. My friend asked to sign his ticket to their bass player and he was shy and said 'uh... i don't know if i am aloud? go talk to the other guys."