PDA

View Full Version : BLAZE BAYLEY updates

ravenheart
04-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Blaze announced a couple of days ago that he had disbanded the Blaze Bayley Band and postponed more or less his whole Summer tour to the Winter.

Basic upshot of it all is:

- Not having a dedicated manager was too difficult and he couldn't cope with doing everything by himself
- He will now be a solo artist instead of being a band (no idea, don't ask)
- All scheduled Wolfsbane shows will go ahead
- All scheduled solo festival appearances will go ahead with different musicians
- In September he will do a short UK unplugged tour with Jase from Wolfsbane
- The rest of September will be solo metal shows in Europe
- In October and November he will do a solo metal tour of North America
- In November the new Wolfsbane album will be released
- Most of the UK headlining dates from the Summer will be rescheduled in December
- In 2012 he will record an acoustic album of mostly new songs plus some acoustic versions of old songs, followed by an unplugged World Tour
- In 2013 he will record his next metal album

I think that's all of it. Pretty excited about the acoustic stuff, personally.

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't like this on a lot of levels.

1) He's touring America for the first time ever when I'll be in Europe. That fucker.:mad:

2) I hate to see him going down the same road as Di'Anno and hiring a bunch of different scrubs for every performance. The guys in the last lineup were decent at best and Blaze is all that truly matters but I liked the credibility that comes when you have a stable lineup. I respect Blaze a lot but I'm having a hard time not losing some respect for him if he's really gonna go through with this. A band, even a singers solo project, should have a freaking lineup and not whatever musicians are available that night in that city.

Maiden33
04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
North American tour? Cool. I'll go. :blaze:

Maiden33
04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
2) I hate to see him going down the same road as Di'Anno and hiring a bunch of different scrubs for every performance. The guys in the last lineup were decent at best and Blaze is all that truly matters but I liked the credibility that comes when you have a stable lineup. I respect Blaze a lot but I'm having a hard time not losing some respect for him if he's really gonna go through with this. A band, even a singers solo project, should have a freaking lineup and not whatever musicians are available that night in that city.

To my knowledge, Di'Anno's touring band for his last 2 US runs was Icarus Witch, not just a shifting lineup of musicians from show to show.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Wolfsbane is touring?

I had their first album back in the 80's. It was ok. Some songs were pretty catchy.

ravenheart
04-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Wolfsbane is touring?

I had their first album back in the 80's. It was ok. Some songs were pretty catchy.

Have been doing short tours for the last two or three years. I saw them open for The Quireboys last year. They weren't very good.

ravenheart
04-01-2011, 04:30 PM
To my knowledge, Di'Anno's touring band for his last 2 US runs was Icarus Witch, not just a shifting lineup of musicians from show to show.

Tell it to South America.

Maiden33
04-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Well if Blaze IS gonna just used hired guns for US shows, I'll fucking audition, haha. I already know a whole bunch of tunes off his first 2 albums and the Maiden discs, and I'll work cheap. :lol:

ravenheart
04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
My guess would be it won't. The few festival things in the Summer might be a bit make-shift, but then I'd expect him to have a solid solo band, at least for the duration of each leg of the tour.

jhdeity
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this tour will attract about half the interest Dianno did in the states?

Maiden33
04-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this tour will attract about half the interest Dianno did in the states?

In general? No, I don't think so. It's no secret whatsoever that Di'Anno's erao f Maiden has about 10x the love that Blaze's does. However I actually do know some people who refused to go see Paul because he's just living off the same Maiden hits, and I know people who didn't even like Blaze in Maiden but like his solo work. Overall I do think a Blaze solo tour has less interest than a DiAnno tour, but I hope the people who plan this tour aren't complete idiots about how to book it. That last run of DiAnno dates was downright idiotic in terms of the scheduling. I think if Blaze does only like 15 shows at the right places at the right times, it could be marginally successful.

jhdeity
04-02-2011, 09:22 AM
In general? No, I don't think so. It's no secret whatsoever that Di'Anno's erao f Maiden has about 10x the love that Blaze's does. However I actually do know some people who refused to go see Paul because he's just living off the same Maiden hits, and I know people who didn't even like Blaze in Maiden but like his solo work. Overall I do think a Blaze solo tour has less interest than a DiAnno tour, but I hope the people who plan this tour aren't complete idiots about how to book it. That last run of DiAnno dates was downright idiotic in terms of the scheduling. I think if Blaze does only like 15 shows at the right places at the right times, it could be marginally successful.

Good point. I do give the Dianno camp credit for putting some decent local bands on the bill to sell more tix. At least around here. I saw pics of the Baltimore show and there were 300+ people. If Blaze drew 300 there I'd be shocked.

I think they need to strategically pick the places to play for sure.

SirLardsAlot
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
April Fools?

ravenheart
04-05-2011, 02:15 AM
April Fools?

Nope.

es156
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Source: Blabbermouth (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156570)

British heavy metal vocalist Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) will embark on his first-ever U.S. headlining tour in October/November. So far only one date has been revealed: October 30 at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City.

:blaze:

ravenheart
04-09-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16440

es156
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16440

Thanks.

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2011, 10:28 AM
:mad:Blaze never comes to America and then finally comes when I go to Europe. He apparently never wants me to see him.

Travis The Dragon
04-09-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156570

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

BloodoftheKings
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
God Damnit Fonz

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16440&page=2

treghet
04-09-2011, 03:02 PM
And it's not like the thread was buried... It's about five posts down with Blaze Bayley in capitals.

Travis The Dragon
04-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Moving it hear works too. Thanks. :)