PDA

View Full Version : Pat O'Brien to replace Gary Holt in SLAYER

ravenheart
03-30-2011, 04:29 AM
For the last seven dates of Slayer's current European Carnage tour Gary Holt will not be available as he has dates with his own band Exodus.

Cannibal Corpse's Pat O'Brien will replace Holt for these dates:

April
6 - Zagreb Arena, Zagreb, Croatia
7 - Gasometer, Vienna, Austria
8 - Arena Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
10 - Prague O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic
11 - Lodz Sportshall, Lodz, Poland
13 - Volkshaus, Zurich, Switzgerland
14 - Klokgebouw, Eindhoven, Holland

Steev
03-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Im gonna take a stab and say they're also prepping for if Jeff isn't healthy to do the summer tour

christopher
03-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Who is going to play the Big 4 show? The dates with Pat are listed up till a week before the Big 4

JRA
03-30-2011, 08:18 AM
:eek: :drool:

DisposableJustice
03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
well Slayers schedule is filling up fast; they just announced 2 South American dates with more to come in June

Heal quickly Jeff

makethemsuffer12
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Who is going to play the Big 4 show? The dates with Pat are listed up till a week before the Big 4

I'm guessing Gary might come back, but I don't know. Either way, I'm pretty happy that Pat's doing it for now.

brutal_descent
03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Next thing we know, Corpsegrinder takes Araya's place singing ;)

HAMMER-SMASHED SKIN MASK :rocker:

larvtard
03-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Next thing we know, Corpsegrinder takes Araya's place singing ;)

HAMMER-SMASHED SKIN MASK :rocker:

:lol: nice

but don't joke like that...

brutal_descent
03-30-2011, 12:15 PM
:lol: nice

but don't joke like that...

DECENCY DEFIED + SOUTH OF HEAVEN = DECENCY OF HEAVEN

Butcher of Birth
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Pat is the best guitarist to ever be in Slayer. Finally they are not all shit! Way to go Pat!

DethMaiden
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
DECENCY DEFIED + SOUTH OF HEAVEN = DECENCY OF HEAVEN

:lol:

Or South of Decency, but that just sounds like it's about a vagina. :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
03-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I CUM BLOOD + RAINING BLOOD = RAINING CUM.

amidoinitrite?

JRA
03-30-2011, 02:13 PM

amidoinitrite?

I luld.

Or an anus. :eyes:

ravenheart
03-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Pat is the best guitarist to ever be in Slayer. Finally they are not all shit! Way to go Pat!

If only it were Pat and Gary... :eyes:

JRA
03-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Crionic Disembowlment?

Butcher of Birth
03-30-2011, 02:24 PM
If only it were Pat and Gary... :eyes:

Agreed... Both of those guys are overall outstanding musicians, not just "shred shred shred riff riff riff shreeeeed" dudes.

Exodus Corpse > Slayer

El Gordo
03-30-2011, 02:40 PM
"shred shred shred riff riff riff shreeeeed"

Wait wait wait. You mean there's more to it than that? Huh. Oh well.

hellawaits77ny
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Im gonna take a stab and say they're also prepping for if Jeff isn't healthy to do the summer tour

Yep. And Cannibal Corpse isn't touring at all in 2011, so Pat would fit right in.

I can;t wait to see/hear Pat w/ Slayer!

makethemsuffer12
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I luld.

Oh, but there is more.

Black Cum
Cum Zone
Expendable Cum
Cum Awaits
At Dawn They Cum
Spill The Cum
Cum Storm
World Painted Cum
Die By The Cum
Aggressive Cum
Cum Serenade
Playing With Cum
Public Display of Cum
God Send Cum
Here Comes the Cum
Cum Faces
Cumhead
Dead Cum Mask
Cum in the Abyss
Cum Again
Hardening of the Cum
Alter of Cum

/killing it.

IrritatedTrout
03-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh, but there is more.

At Dawn They Cum

christopher
03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Oh, but there is more.

Black Cum
Cum Zone
Expendable Cum
Cum Awaits
At Dawn They Cum
Spill The Cum
Cum Storm
World Painted Cum
Die By The Cum
Aggressive Cum
Cum Serenade
Playing With Cum
Public Display of Cum
God Send Cum
Here Comes the Cum
Cum Faces
Cumhead
Dead Cum Mask
Cum in the Abyss
Cum Again
Hardening of the Cum
Alter of Cum

/killing it.

:lol: add Jesus Cums to that list

makethemsuffer12
03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
:lol: add Jesus Cums to that list

Good looks.

larvtard
03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Hardening of the Cum

Chemical cum-fare
Captor of Cum
Cum has no Boundaries
Agressive Cummer
Praise of Cum
Cumming on the Chapel
Post-cum
Cum Ensemble
Hallowed Cum
Born of Cum
Sex.Murder.Cum.
Divine Cumming
Serenity in Cum
Circle of Cum
Cumming Fields
Cum of Christ

suddenly I feel really immature... also, I don't think those were very funny

DisposableJustice
03-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh, but there is more.

Black Cum
Cum Zone
Expendable Cum
Cum Awaits
At Dawn They Cum
Spill The Cum
Cum Storm
World Painted Cum
Die By The Cum
Aggressive Cum
Cum Serenade
Playing With Cum
Public Display of Cum
God Send Cum
Here Comes the Cum
Cum Faces
Cumhead
Dead Cum Mask
Cum in the Abyss
Cum Again
Hardening of the Cum
Alter of Cum

/killing it.

Nice

though I prefer Seasons in the Cum:eyes:

brutal_descent
03-31-2011, 02:50 AM

amidoinitrite?

This :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sepultura69
03-31-2011, 07:52 AM
What the fuck is going on in this thread.

brutal_descent
03-31-2011, 08:04 AM
What the fuck is going on in this thread.

Lulz, I think that's what they call it. :lol:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/2011/04/pat-o-briens-first-show-with-slayer-video-available/

llama lom
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/2011/04/pat-o-briens-first-show-with-slayer-video-available/

Nice.

Dextrimental
04-07-2011, 04:10 PM
It put the biggest grin on my face to see Tom smiling in that video, dude is having a ball out there. Pat is a better fit than Gary I think, in terms of stage presence at least, still strange without Jeff, he just completed the look.

christopher
04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Damn, too bad they played the same set in the two nights he has performed with them. I hope he knows more songs so they can change the set up a bit

hellawaits77ny
04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
It put the biggest grin on my face to see Tom smiling in that video, dude is having a ball out there. Pat is a better fit than Gary I think, in terms of stage presence at least, still strange without Jeff, he just completed the look.

I agree. Tom also sounded pretty good, too.

DisposableJustice
04-08-2011, 01:33 PM
wow I am impressed; Gary did a great job no doubt but Pat nailed it; if you presented this audio without the video to someone I would think they might mistake Pat for Jeff; hell watching some of the other clips Pat does a better job of the solos than Jeff!

hellawaits77ny
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
wow I am impressed; Gary did a great job no doubt but Pat nailed it; if you presented this audio without the video to someone I would think they might mistake Pat for Jeff; hell watching some of the other clips Pat does a better job of the solos than Jeff!

In the Antichrist clip, he does!

DisposableJustice
04-09-2011, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaUSKLNvZX4

this is Seasons/Snuff.....Pat plays Jeff's Seasons Solo like a work of art:drool:

larvtard
04-09-2011, 11:57 AM

this is Seasons/Snuff.....Pat plays Jeff's Seasons Solo like a work of art:drool:

:eek: OH MY GOD he ACED it...my favorite Slayer solo....
:party::party::party:

llama lom
04-09-2011, 01:00 PM

I came.

brutal_descent
04-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Man, I wish Pat O Brien took over Jeff's place. But then, what would happen to Cannibal Corpse? :(

I think the best decision here is to have Cannibal Corpse and Slayer do everything together so Pat wouldn't have to pick between them :cool: :rockdevil

hellawaits77ny
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Man, I wish Pat O Brien took over Jeff's place. But then, what would happen to Cannibal Corpse? :(

I think the best decision here is to have Cannibal Corpse and Slayer do everything together so Pat wouldn't have to pick between them :cool: :rockdevil

The second part would be sick!!

I wouldn't wish Pat into Slayer over Jeff, though. Jeff is a founding member, and IMO, has written most of their best songs.

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2011, 05:45 AM
I came.

This.

Though Tom's voice got a little rough towards the end.

I would love to see Slayer with Pat, though that probably won't happen. I'm planning on seeing them this summer, but if Jeff isn't back I'd assume Gary would be in his place, considering Slayer and Exodus are touring together.

Sepultura69
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
There's a part of me that kind of hopes Pat sticks around for the upcoming Big Four show. :eyes:

idrinkwine732
04-10-2011, 10:17 AM
There's a part of me that kind of hopes Pat sticks around for the upcoming Big Four show. :eyes:

I'm having trouble selling my ticket, so I might try and make it down next week...

DisposableJustice
04-10-2011, 10:29 AM

I know what you mean....it is possible we are less then 2 weeks away and while we have heard Jeff making great progress, there has been no word about him playing the 23rd

Sepultura69
04-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I'm having trouble selling my ticket, so I might try and make it down next week...

Why you trying to sell it? Having second thoughts? I won't lie... I'm not as thrilled about this show as I was for Scion Rock fest, Infact I'm not THAT excited for the big four show. All though I AM excited as fuck to see my favorite band of all time, other then that.. the other 3 bands are more like a a nice additional treat for me. I'm looking forward to seeing Metallica, Megadeth is great, never cared for anthrax, but Slayer is my favorite band of all time. They may not be crazy lightning fast anymore like back in 83-86 but they are still slayer and have been slayer for 30 fucking years and that's all that matters....And yes I think its been said many times on this board that they're not that great in concert these days, but it still doesn't change the fact that they're a band that means a lot to me and I'm mainly going to this just to see them. It's always a good time when you get to see your favorite band of all time and get a little ape shit. :hmm:

If you end up going to the big four we should meet up like we did at scion rock fest. :rocker:

idrinkwine732
04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I can't go, even though I thought I would have been able to.

JRA
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I hate to burst the "fantasy sports football lineup: music edition" bubble, but you people who are implying that Pat should replace Jeff full time are batshit insane. I like Pat as much as the next guy, but you guys are taking this way too far. If Jeff, hell if any member stops being a part of Slayer at this point, then the band is finished.

makethemsuffer12
04-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I hate to burst the "fantasy sports football lineup: music edition" bubble, but you people who are implying that Pat should replace Jeff full time are batshit insane. I like Pat as much as the next guy, but you guys are taking this way too far. If Jeff, hell if any member stops being a part of Slayer at this point, then the band is finished.

Well it's not like any of us are expecting it to happen, but the band would be 10x better with Pat. The most precise guitarist in metal vs. the sloppiest guitarist in metal. Who would you pick?

Considering his obvious history with the band, Jeff should never be permanently replaced as long as he is able to play, but I personally would love to see them with Pat once, as a huge CC fan and a guy that just wants to hear the SITA solo played correctly.

JRA
04-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Jeff is not even close to the top 10 sloppiest guitarists in metal.

larvtard
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM

This...

however:

I just want to hear the SITA solo played correctly.

This.

hellawaits77ny
04-10-2011, 04:35 PM

x2. And I'm as big a CC fan as anybody.

I agree w/ the next poster about Jeff playing sloppy, but still.

Dextrimental
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Wouldn't go that far. Him and KK are fairly sloppy, though rhythmically they are usually fairly spot on. If Jeff play his solos as they were on record, all would be forgiven.

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2011, 05:11 AM

You obviously are either deaf or know nothing about guitar playing if you really think that.

Sepultura69
04-12-2011, 07:06 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156673

Here's a little copy and paste from the end of the article.

"On when they expect Jeff to rejoin SLAYER on the road:

Lombardo: "I'm hoping he comes back for the 'Big Four' show [with METALLICA, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX] in California that's [scheduled to take place] on the 23rd of April. But, you know... We don't know [yet if that will happen]."

Hmmm something gives me the feeling Jeff is going to be a no show at the Big Four. :eyes:

Steev
04-12-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=156673

Here's a little copy and paste from the end of the article.

"On when they expect Jeff to rejoin SLAYER on the road:

Lombardo: "I'm hoping he comes back for the 'Big Four' show [with METALLICA, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX] in California that's [scheduled to take place] on the 23rd of April. But, you know... We don't know [yet if that will happen]."

Hmmm something gives me the feeling Jeff is going to be a no show at the Big Four. :eyes:

considering its in a week and a half(ish), yeah thats a good assesment

DisposableJustice
04-21-2011, 08:06 AM
An update on Jeff via interview with Tom-

What's the latest with Jeff Hanneman? Is he going to make it to the show?

From what I'm being told, he wants to do the show, but we don't really know what condition he's in. He's obviously doing well enough to play his guitar, so that says a lot that he's determined to want to play the show. Apparently he's healing well. He has two tender areas on his arm that cause him pain when he plays the guitar, but he's eager to play, he's eager to get back out on the road with us. I know that he's healing well enough to want to play the show. We'll see.

In the meantime, you've been playing with someone else.

Right now we're playing with Pat O'Brien, the guitar player for Cannibal Corpse. Before him we had Gary Holt from Exodus. When Gary Holt was brought up, it made it an easier decision to make. He's a friend, and that to me meant a lot. Then Pat O'Brien came in because Gary had highly recommended him. He said that he could do it and that he was a good guy. Those words mean a lot coming from him. I think Gary is going to come to the show in L.A. and obligated tours that we have, until Jeff feels well enough to come in and play. Gary has committed himself to it.
We'll see how Jeff feels or plays the day of the show. I'm hoping he'll be fine. What he's going through, there's a lot of rehabilitation to his arm. I just want Jeff to get better and stays healthy.

Source: http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2011/04/slayers_araya_big_4_interview.php

So.....yes no maybe I don't know:confused:

EDIT: it is confirmed; Gary Holt will play Saturday
http://www.slayerized.com/whatsnew/2011/04/gary-holt-to-replace-jeff-hanneman-on-this-weekends-big-4-show/

Too bad but I'd rather Jeff get 100% better instead of rushing into things and risking further injury

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2011, 12:22 PM
I feel bad for Jeff, that sucks that he has to miss the first US big 4 show. inb4 jeff bashing.

Maideneer
04-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I thought you meant the host of Entertainment Tonight who left those funny voicemails to a co-worker a few years ago.

http://www.southdakotamagazine.com/word/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/patobrien_3-1.jpg

MPF
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I thought you meant the host of Entertainment Tonight who left those funny voicemails to a co-worker a few years ago.

http://www.southdakotamagazine.com/word/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/patobrien_3-1.jpg

At least once a week I listen to the soundboard of those voicemails.

"You are so fucking hot. Let's get some coke and get fucking crazy." :D

Sepultura69
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Gary is filling in for Slayer this Saturday? No complaints. I'm still excited to see them. I really hope they keep Payback, Postmortem and add Chemical Warfare to this show. And kick out americon and switch it with UNIT 731 or something better :hecho:

christopher
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Gary is filling in for Slayer this Saturday? No complaints. I'm still excited to see them. I really hope they keep Payback, Postmortem and add Chemical Warfare to this show. And kick out americon and switch it with UNIT 731 or something better :hecho:

If they come out and only play Evil has no Boundaries, then I would be happy haha. I really want to hear that song.

hellawaits77ny
04-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I would have preferred Pat to continue filling in instead of Gary. That's because I'm a Cannibal Corpse fan, but Gary has done a great job. Hope you fuckers all have a great time at the Big 4!!!!

Sepultura69
04-22-2011, 09:39 AM
TOMORROW :rocker: :party: :party: :rocker:

DisposableJustice
04-22-2011, 12:05 PM
TOMORROW :rocker: :party: :party: :rocker:

Fuck ya man I have been waiting for this for a long time my friend and I are about to head for the airport

btw I will PM you my cell # now as I will not bring my laptop along;)

christopher
04-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Can't wait! Parking info is up on the site. I'm glad my ticket comes along with VIP parking :party: I'm annoyed the set times haven't been posted yet like they promised. Hopefully they get put up today.

Edit: Ok so they updated the set times part saying Anthrax goes on at 4pm and Metallica ends at 11pm. Thats good for me since I won't be there till 230 or so.

elturtleboy
04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
last minute thing but im going:rocker::rocker::rocker:

christopher
04-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Only hours away! I am going into work, then heading out there. I should be there around 230, can't wait!!!:rocker:

Steev
04-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Only hours away! I am going into work, then heading out there. I should be there around 230, can't wait!!!:rocker:

enjoy you lucky bastards

and considering the meaning behind this show I think Gary is better for this

BloodoftheKings
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Suck it haters (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9288161&id=12019910389)

llama lom
04-23-2011, 09:56 PM
There better be from goddamn amazing footage from this.