PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Komat

Nick_to_the_face
03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Anyone excited for the new one? My friend has the PS3 demo, and that itself kicks ass.

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Is your friend a spaceman from the future? How does he have the PS23?

evildeadjedi
03-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I like that it is going back to the roots and tossing out the 3D bs. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat work better as 2D fighters.

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2011, 04:37 PM
I think it's gonna be a good game but I'd rather have another 3d game. The old school MK games are great but Deadly Alliance is my favorite. MK V. DCU is looked at as a huge fuck up but really that game had good gameplay and it was only lame cause of the lack of blood and gore.

slapguitarer
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I got the demo and I liked it lots. I'll more than likely get the game when it comes out.

Motograter_Ghost
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Im lovin the fact there is more gore and the X-Ray hits are killer! LOVE IT!! CANT WAIT!

Nick_to_the_face
03-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Is your friend a spaceman from the future? How does he have the PS23?

Why yes, yes he is. :cool:

I think it's gonna be a good game but I'd rather have another 3d game. The old school MK games are great but Deadly Alliance is my favorite. MK V. DCU is looked at as a huge fuck up but really that game had good gameplay and it was only lame cause of the lack of blood and gore.

See Deadly Alliance is actually my least favorite. I like the 3D a lot, but I'm really liking the return to 2D

Im lovin the fact there is more gore and the X-Ray hits are killer! LOVE IT!! CANT WAIT!

The X-Rays are brutal :rocker:
they're just way too over powered >.<

mastodon421
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm stoked for it, the demo isn't out for 360 so I haven't played it yet. That being said, I plan on buying it. It looks fucking awesome and I am huge fighting game nerd(even though I suck balls at Mortal Kombat).

EvilCheeseWedge
04-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm excited for it, but I'm also sad because my buddies that dig MK have all moved across the country. Xbox Live is great and all, but personally, I think you need to be in the same room to have the full experience with fighting games. Still, I'll probably grab this game when it can be had cheaper. Or break down and just get it now... Who knows...

Nick_to_the_face
04-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm excited for it, but I'm also sad because my buddies that dig MK have all moved across the country. Xbox Live is great and all, but personally, I think you need to be in the same room to have the full experience with fighting games. Still, I'll probably grab this game when it can be had cheaper. Or break down and just get it now... Who knows...

I know what you mean, but I've played Mk 2 online, and that was fucking awesome, so I actually have high hopes for online play. Either way, gonna be badass :fist:
My friend and little brother have actually been up at Best Buy now since about 9 just to get it tonight..

Motograter_Ghost
04-18-2011, 09:17 PM
TODAYS THE DAY!!!!!!! YYYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!! oh wait...I'm broke **insert EPIC sad face here**

EvilCheeseWedge
04-19-2011, 07:31 AM
I know what you mean, but I've played Mk 2 online, and that was fucking awesome, so I actually have high hopes for online play. Either way, gonna be badass :fist:
My friend and little brother have actually been up at Best Buy now since about 9 just to get it tonight..

I changed my mind already :lol:

Haha, that's awesome! You getting it for 360 or PS3?

I pre-ordered it yesterday from Amazon and it's out for delivery now :party:

John The Drummer
04-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Definitely going to pick this up on the way home from work tonight. Even if it isn't that great, its still Mortal Kombat!!!

BloodoftheKings
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I read a review and they said the only problem was that the boss characters are really cheap. That doesn't bother me, I would be disappointed if Goro wasn't cheap.

Nick_to_the_face
04-19-2011, 07:33 PM
I changed my mind already :lol:

Haha, that's awesome! You getting it for 360 or PS3?

I pre-ordered it yesterday from Amazon and it's out for delivery now :party:

I am getting it for 360, but mine is fucked so thats postponed :mad:
So for now I get to play it on ps3 at my friends house. And speaking of that, I've already played it :D

It's completely badass, no complaints so far, except for smoke's moves when used against you :lol: hell they've even added patched already in order to stop Ermac's and Cyrax's infinite combos.
Game play is smooth and brutal :D
And if you're getting it onPS3, Kratos is cheap :hecho:

I read a review and they said the only problem was that the boss characters are really cheap. That doesn't bother me, I would be disappointed if Goro wasn't cheap.

I would like to see the day when they make bosses and sub-bosses not cheap, but hell, you're right. But i've seen an interview where they said they made them cheap on purpose. So yeah..

John The Drummer
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
It's a pretty good game, but I forgot how much I suck at fighting games :D

I used Sub Zero first, and failed miserably, he feels really slow, but once I moved to Johnny Cage I did better. WTF is up with Smoke's hair? Looks a bit ridiculous.

Anyways, haven't gotten into it much, but I can tell I will be spending a ton of time playing this.

Nick_to_the_face
04-22-2011, 06:10 AM
It's a pretty good game, but I forgot how much I suck at fighting games :D

I used Sub Zero first, and failed miserably, he feels really slow, but once I moved to Johnny Cage I did better. WTF is up with Smoke's hair? Looks a bit ridiculous.

Anyways, haven't gotten into it much, but I can tell I will be spending a ton of time playing this.

Sub-Zero is the shit :cool: my friend also unlocked Cyber Sub-Zero :eek: actually pretty cool.
And I think Smoke looks like a badass :cool:

EvilCheeseWedge
04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Alright, so I ended up picking this up with the dang fight stick. And I have to say: I'm pretty fucking impressed. I think this is easily the best Mortal Kombat since MK 3. And the fight stick takes me back to the days of playing Mortal Kombat in the arcade (anybody else here every have that experience back in the good ol' 90s?)

Nick_to_the_face
04-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Alright, so I ended up picking this up with the dang fight stick. And I have to say: I'm pretty fucking impressed. I think this is easily the best Mortal Kombat since MK 3. And the fight stick takes me back to the days of playing Mortal Kombat in the arcade (anybody else here every have that experience back in the good ol' 90s?)

Badass :fist:
And yes, I do, back when I was like 8 or something, MK3 at the laundromat :metal:

EvilCheeseWedge
04-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Badass :fist:
And yes, I do, back when I was like 8 or something, MK3 at the laundromat :metal:

Haha! Yeah! We had an arcade at our mall that used to have MK3. I was 9 when it came out :fist:

John The Drummer
04-22-2011, 12:30 PM

Ultimate MK 3 at the Roller Rink... omg.... those were the days :light:

mastodon421
04-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I played a lot of Mortal Kombat and Tekken in arcades when I was kid, those were the days.

Anyways picking this up tommorow for 360 and I can't wait to play it.

Namaste
04-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Does the game have good replay value?

EvilCheeseWedge
04-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Does the game have good replay value?
Yeah, there's honestly a ton of content in it. Worthwhile stuff too, not just a bunch of mini-games like chess or kart racing.

Nick_to_the_face
04-28-2011, 08:04 AM
I actually liked chess kombat, but none of that stuff is one here, easily one of the best Mk's. Has a very good reply value

evildeadjedi
04-28-2011, 11:13 AM

I heard the fight stick is awesome from my CIT 121 prof. Currently, I own the Mad Catz SFIV TE 1 and curious how it will feel with MK since the layout is much different than most fighters. Oh hell yea I played the shit out of MK, MK2, and MK3 in arcades.

Ah arcades.... :( I really miss them. Sure, I spent way too much money in them but, I really had fun and liked the social aspect and constantly impressing other people with my "skills"

Me and a buddy could beat House of the Dead 1, House of the Dead 2, and another light gun game (I believe Time Crisis 2) without continuing. We owned the leader boards for as long as they had the machines.

AnataFan4Life
05-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Waiting for my brother to come home with the 360 so I can finally play this.

Who do you guys plan on using? I'm looking forward to using Scorpion and Kabal.

John The Drummer
05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I beat the story mode last night. Without giving spoilers, the ending gives away that there will be another one coming out.

Nick_to_the_face
05-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Waiting for my brother to come home with the 360 so I can finally play this.

Who do you guys plan on using? I'm looking forward to using Scorpion and Kabal.

Sub-Zero and Stryker, all the way.
and I've played with Cyber Sub-Zero, he's pretty badass

AnataFan4Life
05-31-2011, 06:07 PM
All the Klassic Costumes are gonna be available as DLC next week, and we are getting a brand new character called Skarlet.

Nick_to_the_face
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
All the Klassic Costumes are gonna be available as DLC next week, and we are getting a brand new character called Skarlet.

Skarlet is one of those characters like Reptile and Rain where they were made for no reason, but due demand, were actually made with a story line and stuff

Namaste
06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Is the game as hard as that recent Street Fighter game that came out?

Epidemic Reign
07-27-2011, 01:59 AM
They have Freddy Krueger coming out as DLC now, but he's modeled after the shitty remake Freddy rather than the original Robert Englund version. That's irritating. :mad:

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 01:14 PM
They have Freddy Krueger coming out as DLC now, but he's modeled after the shitty remake Freddy rather than the original Robert Englund version. That's irritating. :mad:

I know :mad:
But I think they should have waited till like Halloween to release him, then they could do it. They should have released Cyber-Smoke :cool:

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm going to necro bump the shit out of this thread.....

Any updates on a sequel to the reboot!? They left the ending so open with Shinnok appearigng!

Alduin
05-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I've heard rumours of Netherrealm working on a next Gen game, but if it's Mk10 or the DC fighter injustice Or whatever it was called, nobody knows

John The Drummer
05-14-2014, 12:25 PM
Hope its another MK! I really liked what they did with the last game and how they kind of restarted the storyline but still kept it fresh... and also since they had the ability of making good looking CG they could show how certain parts of the storyline actually looked and folded out, instead of just plain text saying "Shao Khan died" :)

dcmetal108
05-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Last I heard they were doing another HD Remake that jusst got canned.

Alduin
06-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Well,it's official, MKX is coming in 2015, haven't watched the trailer yet but the screenshots look intense