PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie to announce big tour on Monday, March 28

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-25-2011, 07:42 AM
http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/03/rob-zombie-to-unveil-big-tour.html

Came from his twitter account. I am trying to find out more info.

IrritatedTrout
03-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Some guy on Blabbermouth suggested it might be a tour with Slayer. That would be pretty sweet.

mastodon421
03-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Some guy on Blabbermouth suggested it might be a tour with Slayer. That would be pretty sweet.

That would be fucking awesome.

brutal_descent
03-25-2011, 09:10 AM
/jizzed

DethMaiden
03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I'll make this happen. Second favorite live act to only Clutch.

rugbyman
03-25-2011, 09:27 AM

also someone on there posted a link to a show with chevelle, hollywood undead, all that remains, as i lay dying, escape the fate, and 10 years. it's one of those radio festivals, so the tour may have a few of those bands.

ShatteredFlame
03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
I might go depending on the price.

DementedX14
03-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I hope they do a chicago show for this tour. :snivel:

DisposableJustice
03-25-2011, 10:15 AM

I would jizz my pants if that happened:rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-25-2011, 10:34 AM
I do know that Slayer was planning a small tour this summer. Not sure on any details other than that. I would be willing to bet that All That Remains is on the tour with Zombie, maybe Hollywood Undead.

Of course it could an Unholy Alliance tour with Slayer, Zombie, ATR and AILD. That wouldn't be bad at all.

I really thought Zombie would be a perfect headliner for Uproar.

300%_Density
03-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Hollywood Undead... I think that would make my head explode.... ugh....

NickLed19
03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Hopefully no Hollywood Undead. They are so bad.

DementedX14
03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Hollywood Undead... I think that would make my head explode.... ugh....

:barf:

NickLed19
03-25-2011, 02:27 PM
This could be Carnival of Madness. Remember the tour Shinedown and Chevelle did last year? It was announced in like April or May.

ravenheart
03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
This could be Carnival of Madness. Remember the tour Shinedown and Chevelle did last year? It was announced in like April or May.

Wasn't it only called that because Shinedown's album was called 'Sound of Madness'? I didn't think that was going to be an annual package tour.

Maybe it's going to be something we're not expecting. Like he's special guest on the Manson tour.

NickLed19
03-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Carnival of Madness is supposed to be a package tour every summer, from what I have heard.

ravenheart
03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Carnival of Madness is supposed to be a package tour every summer, from what I have heard.

Well, the site for it says there's going to be a 2011, so looks like it's definitely happening. But all the publicity for the 2010 one talked about it as being Shinedown's thing. So maybe it's going to be a bit like BLS's Berzerkus tour and always be headlined by Shinedown? Else last year's marketing was just bullshit.

If it is a Shinedown thing, no way Zombie would be special guest for them.

NickLed19
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Shinedown is not touring in 2011, so no way they do it this year.

NickLed19
03-25-2011, 02:47 PM
My guess is Carnival for Zombie. And it could be with the band mentioned. Hollywood Undead, Chevelle, etc.

snowdog2112
03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Just cant see him being the headliner for Uproar
Maybe co-headliner with some other band closing out the nights

ravenheart
03-25-2011, 02:54 PM
The best announcement of all would be that it's a proper tour and NOT one of these lame package treks.

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 05:23 PM
No offense to you Zombie fans, I hope it's not a Slayer/Zombie tour. As a Slayer fan, I'd like to them headline, and I'm sure the Zombie fans want to see him + his band headline. If they tour together, it'll most likely be a bullshit co-headline deal, where they each only get like 60-70 minutes.

Steev
03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't mind a run with Slayer, except the last couple times I've seen them the crowd has been awful

DisposableJustice
03-25-2011, 06:16 PM
No offense to you Zombie fans, I hope it's not a Slayer/Zombie tour. As a Slayer fan, I'd like to them headline, and I'm sure the Zombie fans want to see him + his band headline. If they tour together, it'll most likely be a bullshit co-headline deal, where they each only get like 60-70 minutes.

This

Although the two together would be great, I'll take a Slayer Headliner anyday

IrritatedTrout
03-25-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=slayer&search.x=0&search.y=0

Scroll to the bottom of the page.:D

hellawaits77ny
03-25-2011, 09:21 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=slayer&search.x=0&search.y=0

Slayer + Zombie. Shit

Yeah, I'm happy Slayer is touring, but as I said in my earlier post, this means a lame 60-70 minute set for both bands. Lame lame lame

Thanks for the info, though

300%_Density
03-25-2011, 09:42 PM

Sneaky bastard. Very well done. Like some CSI shit or something... Ok maybe not that but shit either way its good news.

Northern_Shaman
03-26-2011, 01:58 AM

Ace find! I hope this comes to Vancouver. Love both acts, especially live.

NickLed19
03-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Damn, nice find.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2011, 06:18 AM
I emailed a person close to one of the bands and gsve them the link that ticketmaster posted. They weren't happy about it. I am confident this tour is happening.

Steev
03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Ill go, but after the last couple times seeing Slayer Im hanging in the back of the pit for them

Ive had my fill of drunk 45 year olds swinging punches and throwing shit

Steev
03-26-2011, 06:50 AM
I'll also say I think any of these bands could end up opening this tour:
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains
Devildriver
Volbeat
Chimaira
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Cavalera Conspiracy
Exodus
Mushroomhead

Sepultura69
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm glad slayer is going on a tour other than the one off big four date, but christ all mighty I wish they would go on their own goddamn headlining tour and give us an epic 20 something set. Fuck.

I'm still going to go to this ahahha

SLAYER!!!!

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 07:31 AM
Ive had my fill of drunk 45 year olds swinging punches and throwing shitWhat the fuck does age have to do with anything? Are you implying that older people tend to drink more, or that young kids like yourself actually know how to handle your alcohol better (I mean, what with all your worldly experience and all :rolleyes:)? Are you perhaps implying that the older people get, the more likely they are to act like assholes? What exactly are you trying to say here?

Obviously, you've probably had a bad experience with one or two individuals, and based on that, you're making some incredibly sweeping, irrelevant, and grossly inaccurate generalizations here.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Dude he didn't say every old person is a drunk who acts like an ass. Talk about inaccurate generalizations... and for the record I'm not 45 but I am probably one of the older posters here.

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Dude he didn't say every old person is a drunk who acts like an ass. Talk about inaccurate generalizations... and for the record I'm not 45 but I am probably one of the older posters here.He specifically mentioned 45 year olds...how is that not making age a part of his criticism?

If his comment had been 100% age-independent, he would have simpy said "Ive had my fill of drunk people swinging punches and throwing shit".

EDIT: ...and I'm probably the same age as you - if not older - although I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

Steev
03-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Dude he didn't say every old person is a drunk who acts like an ass. Talk about inaccurate generalizations... and for the record I'm not 45 but I am probably one of the older posters here.

Exactly

It just happens Slayer has been one of the shows in recent years with the most obnoxious crowds, one of the worst crowds I've ever seen was their coheadliner with Manson in 2007, multiple people had to be removed for harassing people in the pit

No where did I say everyone older at shows is a dick, it just happens Slayer shows are packed with obnoxious drunks who are generally older, I've been to shows with irritating drunks that were younger, but these weren't the shows

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2011, 09:15 AM
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains
Devildriver
Volbeat
Chimaira
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Cavalera Conspiracy
Exodus
Mushroomhead

These would be awesome. But unless this is some kind of package tour I think Dimmu Borgir would be too big for this.

Steev
03-26-2011, 09:19 AM
These would be awesome. But unless this is some kind of package tour I think Dimmu Borgir would be too big for this.

Its gonna have to be, the two bands are too big for clubs(together atleast) but probably not big enough for ampitheaters

I really think Volbeat would be a good fit for this though(and were AMAZING on their latest tour)

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Its gonna have to be, the two bands are too big for clubs(together atleast) but probably not big enough for ampitheaters

I really think Volbeat would be a good fit for this though(and were AMAZING on their latest tour)

I know Zombie is a co-headliner but still, Volbeat opening for slayer seems strange. I think Devildriver, Fear Factory, and Calvalera Conspiracy make the most sense.

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 09:39 AM
It just happens Slayer has been one of the shows in recent years with the most obnoxious crowds, one of the worst crowds I've ever seen was their coheadliner with Manson in 2007, multiple people had to be removed for harassing people in the pitSo it's just as I suspected. You had a bad experience at a Slayer show, and now you think that all Slayer shows are going to be that way - with drunk old fucks in the crowd throwing punches and beating on people. That's what the dictionary calls a "generalization".

No where did I say everyone older at shows is a dickYou didn't say it, but your comments implied it. As further evidence of your bias, I submit some more of your own words:

it just happens Slayer shows are packed with obnoxious drunks who are generally olderIf you had stopped at the word "drunks", you would have been fine. The fact that you intentionally felt the need to add that the drunks who cause problems are older than you, reinforces the fact that you are biased against the older members of the crowd - otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to keep bringing it up.

Go back and read your original post, word for word, and put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know what your actual intentions are. To me, your statement clearly implied that if you go to any Slayer shows in the near future, you'll be staying away from the pits because there are bound to be older individuals at those shows (presumably because Slayer has been around for a long time), and it is specifically those older individuals who will be (a) drunk, and (b) causing trouble.

...and your second post only seems to confirm this theory even further.

DethMaiden
03-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Aww, the old man's bored at the retirement home so he's picking on whippersnappers. ;)

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Aww, the old man's bored at the retirement home so he's picking on whippersnappers. ;):lol: You dick. Actually, I have better things to do, like getting ready for tonight's Metalliance show. I'll just have to be careful not to get drunk and manhandle any of you little sissies in the pit. I have a tendency of doing that, because I'm old and angry and can't handle my booze.

ravenheart
03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Haha, I love how youngsters have no idea what implication is.

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Haha, I love how youngsters have no idea what implication is.:lol: Exactly.

mankvill
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
old people smell like diapers

makethemsuffer12
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM
old people smell like diapers

And mothballs.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I've been hearing that All That Remains, 5FDP, Lacuna Coil are likely for Uproar. I also hear Mastodon has something in the works for this summer, as well as Anthrax. Not sure if or where these bands tie in at, but would not be suprised to see the Zombie/Slayer tour attached to those bands as opening acts.

Steev
03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
So it's just as I suspected. You had a bad experience at a Slayer show, and now you think that all Slayer shows are going to be that way - with drunk old fucks in the crowd throwing punches and beating on people. That's what the dictionary calls a "generalization".

You didn't say it, but your comments implied it. As further evidence of your bias, I submit some more of your own words:

If you had stopped at the word "drunks", you would have been fine. The fact that you intentionally felt the need to add that the drunks who cause problems are older than you, reinforces the fact that you are biased against the older members of the crowd - otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to keep bringing it up.

Go back and read your original post, word for word, and put yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn't know what your actual intentions are. To me, your statement clearly implied that if you go to any Slayer shows in the near future, you'll be staying away from the pits because there are bound to be older individuals at those shows (presumably because Slayer has been around for a long time), and it is specifically those older individuals who will be (a) drunk, and (b) causing trouble.

...and your second post only seems to confirm this theory even further.

Ive actually had bad experiences 3 of the last 4 times Ive seen Slayer, and every single time its been someone significantly older and hammered

if we were talking about a different band like Disturbed, them Ive seen and they've had obnoxious drunks more in the 20s/30s range

but when Im been at Slayer shows the assholes usually have beer guts, grey hairs, and tattoos so faded they're illegible

now at no point did I say everyone going was and old drunk asshole, or that everyone over the age of 40 is an asshole, you can keep complaining or just accept the statement

Steev
03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
one of the best shows I ever saw was Priest with H&H, THAT was an older crowd but everyone was just having fun and no one was being a dick

I absolutely felt the need to point it out because if youre 15-20 years(or more) older than me and you smell like booze and are constantly trying to fight people, well, youre an asshole(you would be one at any age really, but it's worse when it reaches that point)

Steev
03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
I know Zombie is a co-headliner but still, Volbeat opening for slayer seems strange. I think Devildriver, Fear Factory, and Calvalera Conspiracy make the most sense.

considering Nekromatix opened for Zombie recently Volbeat seems possible

Rob doesn't seem too interested in playing with metal bands(hell he had The Damned tour with him at one point)

DethMaiden
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
The 2009 openers (Necromantix and Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures) were way better than the 2006 openers (Lacuna Coil and Bullet for My Valentine). He has good taste in non-metal. Let him keep at it.

EDIT: Lacuna didn't actually suck at that show, but I'm pretty sure they would now.

mastodon421
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
This tour is going to kick a whole lot of ass, two of the best live bands I have ever seen together. Throw in some great openers (I would like to see As I Lay Dying and Volbeat out of the ones listed) and you have a tour of the year cotender. Really hoping for an MA date.

Travis The Dragon
03-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Jagermeister Music Tour: Slayer and Megadeth with Anthrax :eek: OMG!!!!!!!!!!

DethMaiden
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Jagermeister Music Tour: Slayer and Megadeth with Anthrax :eek: OMG!!!!!!!!!!

:eyes:

Yes, that was last fall. :eyes: :eyes:

TonyD
03-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Slayer and Zombie hmmm

Travis The Dragon
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
:eyes:

Yes, that was last fall. :eyes: :eyes:

Oh, I'm getting excited and forgetful! :lol:

Steev
03-26-2011, 06:33 PM
This tour is going to kick a whole lot of ass, two of the best live bands I have ever seen together. Throw in some great openers (I would like to see As I Lay Dying and Volbeat out of the ones listed) and you have a tour of the year cotender. Really hoping for an MA date.

That'd be a solid lineup

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens, as for All That Remains potentially being on Phil has said they're doing a 4 week run in the summer when they come back from Europe

hellawaits77ny
03-26-2011, 08:31 PM
All That Remains potentially being on

Boo

hellawaits77ny
03-26-2011, 09:23 PM
As I Lay Dying
All That Remains
Devildriver
Volbeat
Chimaira
Fear Factory
Dimmu Borgir
Cavalera Conspiracy
Exodus
Mushroomhead

I think we can cancel out AILD + Devildriver, as they're both playing @ Heavy MTL the day Slayer is playing @ Heavy TO. No offense to any of the fans here, but I wouldn't be thrilled seeing any of these bands open.

AnthG
03-26-2011, 10:18 PM

I think it would similar to the Manson/Slayer tour in 2007. I'm pretty sure Manson got a full 80-90 minute set while Slayer was in the 60ish range.

Jochen
03-26-2011, 10:58 PM
I think it would similar to the Manson/Slayer tour in 2007. I'm pretty sure Manson got a full 80-90 minute set while Slayer was in the 60ish range.

They both got the same length, ~70 minutes.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Another Slayer co-headlining tour? Oof.

And the Heavy T.O. lineup had my hopes up that Slayer might've possibly been scheduled on a tour with Motorhead. Give us that instead, plz.

snowdog2112
03-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Another Slayer co-headlining tour? Oof.

And the Heavy T.O. lineup had my hopes up that Slayer might've possibly been scheduled on a tour with Motorhead. Give us that instead, plz.

Motorhead touring with The Foo Fighters

Kalsah
03-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Volbeat seems likely, Rob Zombie's website is the only place I could find where it says Volbeat is playing at a Heavy T.O.

Steev
03-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Volbeat seems likely, Rob Zombie's website is the only place I could find where it says Volbeat is playing at a Heavy T.O.

Sounds good to me, they were amazing on their recent tour

As for Slayer no one should be suprised, it's been 4 years since they did a headlining tour and in those years some health issues have started popping up(making it probably easier on them to do 60-70 min sets)

I wouldn't be suprised if they stuck to shorter coheadlining runs from here out

TonyD
03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't try to squeeze in every "essential" song every night, leaving room for only 1 or 2 surprise cuts. It's hard to enjoy more than an hour of Slayer anyway.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Slayer
Motorhead
Diamond Head

Would be amazing.

Sepultura69
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't try to squeeze in every "essential" song every night, leaving room for only 1 or 2 surprise cuts. It's hard for me to enjoy more than an hour of Slayer anyway.

Fixed

DethMaiden
03-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Dates for Slayer/Zombie/Exodus: http://spookshowinternational.blogspot.com/2011/03/hell-on-earth.html

I'm not 100% sure I'll go to Detroit for this, but it is an unbelievable pairing. I'll be thinking this over.

Wizzbang11
03-27-2011, 07:25 PM
NO CA DATE!?!?!

christopher
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Dates for Slayer/Zombie/Exodus: http://spookshowinternational.blogspot.com/2011/03/hell-on-earth.html

I'm not 100% sure I'll go to Detroit for this, but it is an unbelievable pairing. I'll be thinking this over.

I serioulsy hope thats not all the dates. What a cock tease with that opener

LOS ANGELES, CA - MONDAY, March 28, 2011 -- Get ready for hell on earth, because for the first time since they tour together on Ozzfest 1999, Rob Zombie and Slayer are teaming up to hit the road, bringing a glorious purgatory to fans in 12 North American cities

Then no dates near CA. I realize later on its most likely just where the announcement is suppose to have taken place, but still thats lame.

DethMaiden
03-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, who am I kidding. I'm going.

idrinkwine732
03-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't really care, I don't like Rob Zombie and I've seen Slayer and Exodus a bunch each.

Surprised there isn't even an option though.

Steev
03-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Want to see Exodus, so Ill probably go

But wow, big LOL at only 4 US dates(and half are in PA)

ShatteredFlame
03-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't really care, I don't like Rob Zombie and I've seen Slayer and Exodus a bunch each.

Surprised there isn't even an option though.

yeah, I probably wouldn't have gone, but there is no NY/NJ date either :eyes:

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-27-2011, 08:30 PM
No complaints whatsoever here. Pittsburgh date. Slayer appears to be getting top billing. And Exodus as the opener is a great choice. As I Lay Dying or All That Remains would have been vomit city...

Bergman101
03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!! I'd would fucking love to see this tour!! NO NJ OR NYC DATES!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!

hellawaits77ny
03-27-2011, 08:46 PM
We should all relax, I'm betting more dates will be announced.

DethMaiden
03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
There won't, because he said 12 NA dates, and that's 12.

NickLed19
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
12 dates and like 8 of them are in Canada? WTF

RAZOR
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll go. :party:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-27-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd go see this but it's not coming within a thousand miles of me.

mankvill
03-27-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll go. :party:

*punch*

Northern_Shaman
03-27-2011, 09:40 PM

Nice! I'll probably be going to this, depending on ticket prices. Hope that they aren't too crazy, because Zombie and Slayer are excellent live shows. Haven't seen Exodus yet but I certainly look forward to it.

hellawaits77ny
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
There won't, because he said 12 NA dates, and that's 12.

Oh shit, didn't realize that. I take it Bobby said that?

Looks like I'm driving the 7 hours to Reading, PA then.

Motograter_Ghost
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Slayer/Zombie/Exodus??? Oh boy! Please more dates in the U.S. fingers crossed :)

DisposableJustice
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
gahhhhhh

closest date for me would be Portland and even that won't happen; FUCK

well I for one think they will realize that there is a direction called South and add more dates

(My theory is 2010 American Carnage; they miss the entire South-Southeast of NA then come back with Jagermister)

brutal_descent
03-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Heavy TO on my calendar already - I hope Exodus is on the bill too.

IrritatedTrout
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Might go to Pittsburgh if my friends want to go.

es156
03-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Well that sucks.

:hmm:

TonyD
03-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Looks like they're stating that this is it, no more dates.

300%_Density
03-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Trying to talk myself out of being too bummed. More upset for not seeing Exodus. For health reasons I'm trying to not be sad for Slayer because I'd be more upset to have a Slayer date and then have it canceled than no date at all. Love Zombie to death but I'm sick of his setlists. You can look at any set from the last 2+ years and I could almost guarantee they are almost identical within 2-3 songs and ignoring Educated Horses & playing More Human Than Human, Super Charger Heaven & Thunderkiss and ignoring other good White Zombie. I probably would have seen it had it been closer but there's a lot I'd be nervous about.

Sepultura69
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
I must be tripping because I don't see any Los Angeles dates :hecho:

TonyD
03-28-2011, 12:00 AM
California deprived of live metal once again

300%_Density
03-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Lets all say it together "California never gets any good shows" c'mon someone out there wants to say it. Someone needs to...

Sepultura69
03-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Actually California gets plenty of metal shows :hecho:

Iran never gets metal shows :hecho:

mankvill
03-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually California gets plenty of metal shows :hecho:

Iran never gets metal shows :hecho:

wrong, acrassicauda plays often

mastodon421
03-28-2011, 04:20 AM
This is bullshit.

stylesclash516
03-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Fuck yeah, finally PA gets some recognition (well, besides Immortal). There's a 90% chance I'll be at the Pittsburgh date as long as I have enough money left over after I buy A Perfect Circle tickets.

brutal_descent
03-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Exodus and Slayer on one tour?
I feel bad for Gary Holt. :lol:

ravenheart
03-28-2011, 06:35 AM
I'd hit that if it came here. Obviously it won't.

brutal_descent
03-28-2011, 06:36 AM
I'd hit that.

No homo?

makethemsuffer12
03-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Well there's a good chance of me going to Heavy T.O., so Exodus is even more of a reason to go now.

brutal_descent
03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Well there's a good chance of me going to Heavy T.O., so Exodus is even more of a reason to go now.

Yeah, I've already got my tickets, but I'm wondering whether Exodus is playing TO.

makethemsuffer12
03-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I've already got my tickets, but I'm wondering whether Exodus is playing TO.

Well it includes Heavy T.O. on the tour dates and it doesn't say anything about excluding Exodus, so who knows. The site says that more bands will be added (so far we've got Volbeat and now Exodus being rumored).

idrinkwine732
03-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Exodus and Slayer on one tour?
I feel bad for Gary Holt. :lol:

I bet Jeff will be back by then. If not, Gary's probably up for it. Lee Altus pulls double duty a lot because Exodus and Heathen play together a ton.

brutal_descent
03-28-2011, 07:07 AM
I bet Jeff will be back by then. If not, Gary's probably up for it. Lee Altus pulls double duty a lot because Exodus and Heathen play together a ton.

Well, if Jeff does return by then, let's hope he plays with more than one arm. :lol:

TonyD
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Well, if Jeff does return by then, let's hope he plays with more than one arm. :lol:

If not he can just trade parts with Kerry King

daimonos
03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
HA!

PITTSBURGH MOTHERFUCKERS!

I knew that Stage AE place would pay off, and I'm glad we finally got something good.

RAZOR
03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
HA!

I knew that Stage AE place would pay off, and I'm glad we finally got something good.

Stage AE pays off but it's expensive as fuck.

moobys37
03-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Stage AE pays off but it's expensive as fuck.

This is only $40 before fees, which is cheap for them.

RAZOR
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
This is only $40 before fees, which is cheap for them.

I still think it's a lot. :snivel: I'm just cheap, though.

Travis The Dragon
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
And MN. gets fucked again as well! I'm used to it though. :( But I'll FINALLY be seeing Wishbone Ash! :party:

rjturtle9
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I think Slayer have gotten used to playing the bigger venues that they normally couldn't do alone. Their last 6 tours including this one have been either co-headline or the Unholy Alliance. They should do a regular headlining tour with a proper set lists.

moobys37
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
I still think it's a lot. :snivel: I'm just cheap, though.

Poison is $97.25! there. I'll take this price :party:

RAZOR
03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Poison is $97.25! there. I'll take this price :party:

I know! What a great idea that was. I'm not even buying my ticket anyway, so I can't really complain. :lol:

moobys37
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I know! What a great idea that was. I'm not even buying my ticket anyway, so I can't really complain. :lol:

You're going to that? :eyes:

larvtard
03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Well they will obviously do another tour because there's only 5 US dates, and only 2 of them are A-markets (Portalnd and Seaatle). I mean, a major tour that doesn't hit NY or LA, or even Texas? C'mon.

Not too bummed about this. I'm sick of Exodus and I don't even like Rob Zombie.

RAZOR
03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
You're going to that? :eyes:

Yes.. :snivel:

moobys37
03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes.. :snivel:

Good luck not getting hit on by creepy old drunks while Girls, Girls, Girls plays :cool:

RAZOR
03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Good luck not getting hit on by creepy old drunks while Girls, Girls, Girls plays :cool:

OH. I'm not going to Motley Crue, haha. I thought you meant the Zombie/Slayer tour, haha.

moobys37
03-28-2011, 01:58 PM
OH. I'm not going to Motley Crue, haha. I thought you meant the Zombie/Slayer tour, haha.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Well, good luck not getting hit on by drunk guys while Drugula plays :jima:

DethMaiden
03-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Well they will obviously do another tour because there's only 5 US dates, and only 2 of them are A-markets (Portalnd and Seaatle). I mean, a major tour that doesn't hit NY or LA, or even Texas? C'mon.

Not too bummed about this. I'm sick of Exodus and I don't even like Rob Zombie.

Portland is a bigger market than Pittsburgh and Detroit?

tarvos
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Hahahahahaha Slayer and Rob Zombie. And it's only March 28th. Is it April 1st in the Pacific, does that count? Well, I guess this is just what slayer's music has come too.. maybe they will play world painted blood in its entirety for the benefit of their new listeners and Rob Zombie fans.

Sepultura69
03-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I think Slayer have gotten used to playing the bigger venues that they normally couldn't do alone. Their last 6 tours including this one have been either co-headline or the Unholy Alliance. They should do a regular headlining tour with a proper set lists.

this

Hahahahahaha Slayer and Rob Zombie. And it's only March 28th. Is it April 1st in the Pacific, does that count? Well, I guess this is just what slayer's music has come too.. maybe they will play world painted blood in its entirety for the benefit of their new listeners and Rob Zombie fans.
I really hope they don't. World Painted Blood sucks.

MPF
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
I happy for Exodus, but I'm not interested in this tour. So I'm ok with it not coming to Minnesota.

larvtard
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Portland is a bigger market than Pittsburgh and Detroit?

I believe so. Most tours hit Portland.

idrinkwine732
03-28-2011, 08:15 PM
I believe so. Most tours hit Portland.

Frankly, I think that's because it's too far to drive between San Francisco and Seattle, two A markets, in one day so they split it up and hit Portland. Which results in it becoming an A-market, not because they get a ton of attendance or anything.

DethMaiden
03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Frankly, I think that's because it's too far to drive between San Francisco and Seattle, two A markets, in one day so they split it up and hit Portland.

That's what I was about to post. I think Portland just gets shows so bands don't spend the drive earning no money.

TonyD
03-28-2011, 09:12 PM
That's what I was about to post. I think Portland just gets shows so bands don't spend the drive earning no money.

Not to mention it would take like 18 hours. At least Portland to SF is manageable.

elturtleboy
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
ahhh i like the line up but idkk. all 3 kick ass live tho

xskizzelzx90x
03-29-2011, 12:24 PM
HA!

I KNOW RIGHT?

Motograter_Ghost
03-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Looks like they're stating that this is it, no more dates.

NOOOO!!!!! :boohoo: :boohoo: I tried to find an emocon that cuts her wrists and dies but no go...kinda ironic....

Butcher of Birth
03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh well, not like I'm hurting to see Zombie again any way.

Motograter_Ghost
03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
Zombie is not a bad show but I primarily wanna see Slayer and Exodus :)