PDA

View Full Version : Scion Metal Shows for April

elturtleboy
03-24-2011, 03:26 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/200004_198509856846660_125888680775445_557304_4454 30_n.jpg
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198848_198509920179987_125888680775445_557305_6002 846_n.jpg
i like from ashes rise and all but..FUCK YOU ILLINOIS!:foaming:

treghet
03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Just checked our From Ashes Rise, and they sound great. I'll see about going to this show. :cool:

GarageMetal468
03-24-2011, 04:12 PM
ooooh, bad date for the Chicago show. Macabre is playing that same night as well as Skeletonwitch and 3 Inches of Blood. I'm gonna be seeing Macabre since I only know of Magrudergrind and the Skeletonwitch show is 21+

christopher
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Why have the Scion shows out here been so awful lately? They used to be better when we got Toxic Holocaust, High on Fire or Brutal Truth. I have no idea who From Ashes Rise are. They need to have Macabre or Saint Vitus play the free show. They also need to stop the weekend matinee shows. Go back to Wednesday night at 8pm, that was way easier to get to.

larvtard
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Why have the Scion shows out here been so awful lately? They used to be better when we got Toxic Holocaust, High on Fire or Brutal Truth. I have no idea who From Ashes Rise are. They need to have Macabre or Saint Vitus play the free show. They also need to stop the weekend matinee shows. Go back to Wednesday night at 8pm, that was way easier to get to.

Haha, Atlanta used to get these free Scion shows all the time, but I never made it to ONE because they were during the week. Now that they're doing on the weekend, they've abandoned us... :mad:

Oh, and I've never actually listened to them, but From Ashes Rise is supposedly a really famous crust/hardcore band. They've been broken up for several years, that's probably why you've never heard of them.

rjturtle9
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Why have the Scion shows out here been so awful lately? They used to be better when we got Toxic Holocaust, High on Fire or Brutal Truth. I have no idea who From Ashes Rise are. They need to have Athiest or Vektor play the free show. They also need to stop the weekend matinee shows. Go back to Wednesday night at 8pm, that was way easier to get to.

Fixed a little. Other then that, I agree with everything.

elturtleboy
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM

I dont mind (i actually love) that they've been doing pure Hardcore/Grindcore bands. But it would be nice if they do metal shows again. Warbringer needs to do one. And From ashes rise are that hardcore band then went on before Repulsion that all the crusties went crazy for at during Power Of The Riff. FAR are cool,but im pissed Magrudergrind aint doing one here in LA(again).

bt11763
03-24-2011, 05:40 PM
from ashes rise are fucking amazing, that one will probably sell(?) out. they have a gigantic fanbase.

elturtleboy
03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
from ashes rise are fucking amazing, that one will probably sell(?) out. they have a gigantic fanbase.

last time i saw em a shitload of ppl(mainly crusties) left after they played. and COC/Goatsnake(lame),and Repulsion were headlining.

bt11763
03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
last time i saw em a shitload of ppl(mainly crusties) left after they played. and COC/Goatsnake(lame),and Repulsion were headlining.

that's a fucking awesome show. but yeah crusty central for them. i saw them headline deathfest (pic below), a friend of mine drove up to canada just to see them a year ago.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/29037_1355359757415_1034073400_30842237_6833667_n. jpg

christopher
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm glad no one pulled the "what about that rock fest" bs. I know we got that awesome Scion fest, but the ever other monthly shows have been going down hill. I think the only ones in the last year that seems worth it were Death Angel and Integrity. Its cool they are doing a bunch of small bands, but that works for the openers. They should have big named bands come and play during the week and have a small grind/hardcore/thrash band open. I thought it was cool as fuck when I saw Wolves in the Throne Room open one of those shows in 2008.

idrinkwine732
03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm glad no one pulled the "what about that rock fest" bs. I know we got that awesome Scion fest, but the ever other monthly shows have been going down hill. I think the only ones in the last year that seems worth it were Death Angel and Integrity. Its cool they are doing a bunch of small bands, but that works for the openers. They should have big named bands come and play during the week and have a small grind/hardcore/thrash band open. I thought it was cool as fuck when I saw Wolves in the Throne Room open one of those shows in 2008.

So wait...you're saying that you're angry that the quality of your free metal shows exclusive to the LA Area has decreased.

Just checking.

TonyD
03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I was gonna say...

christopher
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
So wait...you're saying that you're angry that the quality of your free metal shows exclusive to the LA Area has decreased.

Just checking.

Yeah I am. I'm mainly mad at the change of time when it occurs. I am free during the week cause of school, but I work on the weekends. I usually always work during the times of the matinee shows so it sucks I am forced to miss these now. I also don't like shows that get out when the sun is still up. Its such a weird feeling walking out of a venue and being blinded by the sun:lol:

mankvill
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM

holy fuck you had better be shitting me

High On Fire is one of my favorite bands and I'd be shitting my pants to see From Ashes Rise, Mind Eraser and FUCKING NOISEAR HOLY SHIT

bt11763
03-24-2011, 08:27 PM

from ashes rise is a big name band, if you ask me. methinks you're getting a little greedy over there ;)

treghet
03-24-2011, 08:30 PM
My opinion: There's no reason to complain about free shows. A lot of work and money goes into these events, so I'm grateful we have them, despite whether the bands on them interest me or not.

elturtleboy
03-24-2011, 09:23 PM
My opinion: There's no reason to complain about free shows. A lot of work and money goes into these events, so I'm grateful we have them, despite whether the bands on them interest me or not.

:rocker:

rjturtle9
03-24-2011, 10:14 PM

This is true. I love free metal shows but I definitely am not entitled to them.

Also, I don't approve of Elturtleboy's avatar...
;)

elturtleboy
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM
This is true. I love free metal shows but I definitely am not entitled to them.

Also, I don't approve of Elturtleboy's avatar...
;)

EL santo>mr.cacafornia

rjturtle9
03-24-2011, 10:43 PM
EL santo>mr.cacafornia

Very true!

christopher
03-24-2011, 11:08 PM

My biggest thing is the new timing for the shows. They started doing these shows in March 2008. For about 2 years, it was extremely easy to attend because it was at 8pm in the middle of the week. Since last summer, they changed it to a matinee show on a Sunday at 4pm. It must be something to do with the venue, but that is a shitty move for them. I'm sure the bar sales have gone down tremendously, causing the venue to loose some money. Go ahead and tell me you think I'm wrong all you want, but I'm going to be annoyed at this till they get it back to how it was.

mankvill
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
My biggest thing is the new timing for the shows. They started doing these shows in March 2008. For about 2 years, it was extremely easy to attend because it was at 8pm in the middle of the week. Since last summer, they changed it to a matinee show on a Sunday at 4pm. It must be something to do with the venue, but that is a shitty move for them. I'm sure the bar sales have gone down tremendously, causing the venue to loose some money. Go ahead and tell me you think I'm wrong all you want, but I'm going to be annoyed at this till they get it back to how it was.

Hey, you got that horse as a gift. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't look it in the mouth,.

christopher
03-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Hey, you got that horse as a gift. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't look it in the mouth,.

:lol: good one

But what if you were in my shoes. Looked forward to finding out about this show every two months, then have it moved to a time that you couldn't attend at all. The highlight of finding out about these shows went down the drain, and I just get bummed when I find out theres another one near me I can't attend.

brian
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TonyD
03-25-2011, 10:51 AM
lol rly

jd091
03-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Goddamn, I love Reggies. Think I'm gonna try and get some of my friends who don't like Metal but want to experience a metal show come along ;)

DethMaiden
03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Reggie's is the much better venue but the Bottom Lounge has been handily outbooking them for the last year or so. I'd much rather have seen the shows I've seen at the Bottom at Reggie's.

jd091
03-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Reggie's is the much better venue but the Bottom Lounge has been handily outbooking them for the last year or so. I'd much rather have seen the shows I've seen at the Bottom at Reggie's.
I haven't actually been to the Bottom lounge yet; I'm hitting it up Monday for Scale the Summit. I'm seeing a total of 4 shows there this spring and only 1 (converge) at reggies. Glad this got announced so I have another reason to hit up the south side ;)

jd091
04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
So question for anyone who's attended these Scion shows before:

I'm hitting up Magrudergrind tomorrow, and already signed up online. When should I arrive at the venue? It starts at 4, but it told me to get there early since space is limited. Would getting there like, 10 minutes early be fine?

metallicbrian666
04-08-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm hitting up Magrudergrind tomorrow, and already signed up online. When should I arrive at the venue? It starts at 4, but it told me to get there early since space is limited. Would getting there like, 10 minutes early be fine?
Last Scion show really didn't have a line before it started. I'm gonna try and get there between 3:30 and 4.

elturtleboy
04-08-2011, 03:34 PM

When magrudergrind played here in LA i didnt get in cause i went right on time. Get there at least an hour early just in case. Then again Trash talk was oepning on my date and their fan base here is HUGE