Keyboard Solo
Perfect Strangers
Space Truckin'
Smoke on the Water

Encore:
Hush @Cover[Billy Joe Royal] @Info[With part of Back In USSR]
Bass Solo
Black Night

Well, what can I say. I'm surprised the old men can barely walk, singing/playing insane solos aside. I'm not a huge fan!!!111 but I do like Machine Head - it's one of the best rock albums from the 70s I've ever heard. Anyway, it was a good show, but I do have a few complaints.

First of all, the opening act. Why the fuck is a Britpop indie-rock band opening up for Deep Purple? Ravenheart, quit sending me bad British bands that sound like Joy Divison to make shows I attend worse than they already are ;)

Second, and last (^^) the 'Guitar Solo', 'Bass Solo', and most of all, 'Keyboard Solo' were all 10-15 minutes. :tp:

DO NOT WANT

Tired. Good night, metalsetlists :cool:

sarsip
03-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I dig DP, but you are right the solos are WAY too long. I have seen them four times. Each of the four times the show came grinding to a halt at least three times.

brutal_descent
03-23-2011, 01:38 PM
I dig DP, but you are right the solos are WAY too long. I have seen them four times. Each of the four times the show came grinding to a halt at least three times.

I literally started holding up a sign saying SHOW-OFF from frustration. I somehow found a Sharpie in my pocket and I wrote it on the back of the setlist I got :hmm:

larvtard
03-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I literally started holding up a sign saying SHOW-OFF from frustration. I somehow found a Sharpie in my pocket and I wrote it on the back of the setlist I got :hmm:

:lol:

brutal_descent
03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
:lol:

Dumb-ass seniors.

BlackmoreOfBowling
03-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Second, and last (^^) the 'Guitar Solo', 'Bass Solo', and most of all, 'Keyboard Solo' were all 10-15 minutes. :tp:

DO NOT WANT

Keep in mind that Purple's well into its 4th decade as a band. I wouldn't be surprised if everything transformed into the Steve Morse Show halfway through...

Plus, long musical breaks have been a hallmark to Deep Purple concerts.

brutal_descent
03-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Keep in mind that Purple's well into its 4th decade as a band. I wouldn't be surprised if everything transformed into the Steve Morse Show halfway through...

Plus, long musical breaks have been a hallmark to Deep Purple concerts.

:eyes: Old fuckers. What is this, a Black Label Society show? :lol:

TonyD
03-24-2011, 01:20 AM
srsly

brutal_descent
03-24-2011, 01:34 AM
srsly

ya rly

Maidenmagic
03-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Having 15 minute solos is better than having 6 or 7 songs, with two of them being 30 minutes. That's how they did it back in the 70s. I think it's hard to find a good opening act for them since they don't have a specific genre. I've seen videos and Gillan has trouble singing but he still does have stage presence. I wish he would sing songs he didn't originally sing like Burn and Soldier of Fortune. But I guess he doesn't want to be compared to David Coverdale.

brutal_descent
03-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Having 15 minute solos is better than having 6 or 7 songs, with two of them being 30 minutes. That's how they did it back in the 70s. I think it's hard to find a good opening act for them since they don't have a specific genre. I've seen videos and Gillan has trouble singing but he still does have stage presence. I wish he would sing songs he didn't originally sing like Burn and Soldier of Fortune. But I guess he doesn't want to be compared to David Coverdale.

Gillan couldn't hold notes as long as he used to - example: Highway Star's chorus. It was unbearable.