Kicker
Grayceon
La Fin du Monde

Bender's
806 S. Van Ness
San Francisco, CA, US

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/7911021-kicker-at-benders

Enjoy, you lucky mother fuckers. :bouville:

Of course, it's not a Grayceon headliner, but still.
(Actually, they haven't toured yet for "All We Destroy", but I'm sure you bastards will get a show or three out of it when they do.)

...and La Fin du Monde is fucking awesome as well, for those who don't know. Sweet-ass instrumental post-metal with not one, but TWO bass players. :drool:

You dicks.

idrinkwine732
03-23-2011, 07:42 AM
...because you people never get shit. :rolleyes:

We are the most concert starved area in the country!!!!

I have Appleseed Cast that night...

Natrlhi
03-23-2011, 07:48 AM
We are the most concert starved area in the country!!!!

I have Appleseed Cast that night...:lol: I love how, right after you make your total bullshit statement, you make the observation that you can't go to the show I posted because you have another fucking show to attend. Nice.

You people fucking suck.

TonyD
03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Working

Natrlhi
03-23-2011, 10:45 AM
WorkingCall off or quit, you fucking girl.

idrinkwine732
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
:lol: I love how, right after you make your total bullshit statement, you make the observation that you can't go to the show I posted because you have another fucking show to attend. Nice.

You people fucking suck.

We never get shows man, ever.

illuminatus917
03-23-2011, 01:12 PM
:tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp:

treghet
03-23-2011, 03:16 PM
We never get shows man, ever.

It's a serious problem for us Californian metalheads.

slapguitarer
03-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Seeing as how the venue is called Bender's Bar, it's probably 21+

So I guess I can't go.

rjturtle9
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
It's a serious problem for us Californian metalheads.

I already worte Metal a letter asking for more shows in California. They responded saying they are too busy working on Kansas and Florida.

masterguy49
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I already worte Metal a letter asking for more shows in California. They responded saying they are too busy working on Kansas and Florida.

South Florida seriously needs more shows man. No one ever comes done here, it's so annoying :flame:

idrinkwine732
03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
:tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp::tp:
Yeah, okay, mr. I live in NC, the live metal capital of the world :tp:
Seeing as how the venue is called Bender's Bar, it's probably 21+

So I guess I can't go.

It's a bar and grill, it should be all ages, if they keep the kitchen open.

illuminatus917
03-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, okay, mr. I live in NC, the live metal capital of the world :tp:

:D

slapguitarer
03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
It's a bar and grill, it should be all ages, if they keep the kitchen open

If I had known about this sooner, I could've gone to this. My parents dislike when I pull shit it all last minute on them. I'll see Grayceon eventually.

Sepultura69
03-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Iran never gets metal shows :(

brutal_descent
03-24-2011, 08:31 AM

This.

treghet
03-24-2011, 08:42 AM

That reminds me... A few years ago this Iranian death metal band sent me a friend request on Myspace.

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540318791

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcTpSUz5ezw

slapguitarer
03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
It's 21+

:bouville: :flame: :mad: :pissed: :nag: :bigfinger:(:bawling: :foaming: :boohoo: :bouville:

idrinkwine732
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
It's 21+

:bouville: :flame: :mad: :pissed: :nag: :bigfinger:(:bawling: :foaming: :boohoo: :bouville:

Surprising...

slapguitarer
03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Surprising...

Seriously. I'm getting sick of this shit.

illuminatus917
03-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Seriously. I'm getting sick of this shit.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7817/sawl.png (http://img607.imageshack.us/i/sawl.png/)

El Gordo
03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
It's 21+

:lol: I have the same reaction when the ticket says "ALL AGES".

slapguitarer
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
:lol: I have the same reaction when the ticket says "ALL AGES".

How come?

idrinkwine732
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
How come?

I know that when I'm over 21 I'm gonna hate all the kids that go to shows. I just know it.

El Gordo
03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
How come?

Well I don't actually get angry, but I just get the "awww man all the annoying little scene kids and the little fuckers who think they're so fucking metal and the bitchy little hipsters who wear Maiden shirts to be cool are gonna ruin this show for me" feelings. I realize not all kids are douches, but the majority are.

treghet
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Well I don't actually get angry, but I just get the "awww man all the annoying little scene kids and the little fuckers who think they're so fucking metal and the bitchy little hipsters who wear Maiden shirts to be cool are gonna ruin this show for me" feelings. I realize not all kids are douches, but the majority are.

"I just got into metal 6 months ago and I heard [band]'s newest album and it's pretty sick" kind of thing.

I'm sure people have thought the same thing about me when I go to shows, but I try not to be a douche. :tongue:

slapguitarer
03-24-2011, 07:12 PM

Oh ok, I can understand that. But do you ever actually have problems or confrontations with these kids? Or is their presence alone enough to bother you?

El Gordo
03-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Oh ok, I can understand that. But do you ever actually have problems or confrontations with these kids? Or is their presence alone enough to bother you?

Nah, call me a grumpy old fuck but there's just generally more stupid shit going on at all ages shows. However, I'll admit that I'd much rather go to an all ages metal show than an all ages non-metal show.

masterguy49
03-25-2011, 10:23 PM

You live in Iran? That sucks. I mean my parents are from there and I might be visiting soon, but I didnt even think there has ever been a metal concert in Iran.

Sepultura69
03-26-2011, 07:21 AM
You live in Iran? That sucks. I mean my parents are from there and I might be visiting soon, but I didnt even think there has ever been a metal concert in Iran.

No, I live in America. I did live in Iran Most of my life up untill I was 12 years old. Then the late 90's I moved here to the good ol' U.S OF A's. I Just brought up the "Iran gets no metal shows" as a joke since everyone was wearing out the "California get no metal shows" shtizks.

But seriously, Iran get no metal shows :(

And that aint even funny, its the cold hard truth :flame:

Natrlhi
03-26-2011, 07:33 AM
You live in Iran? That sucks.Nice of you to rip on the guy's homeland, bro.

El Gordo
03-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Nice of you to rip on the guy's homeland, bro.

:lol:

masterguy49
03-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Nice of you to rip on the guy's homeland, bro.

It's my homeland too, dude. ;)

masterguy49
03-26-2011, 01:29 PM
No, I live in America. I did live in Iran Most of my life up untill I was 12 years old. Then the late 90's I moved here to the good ol' U.S OF A's. I Just brought up the "Iran gets no metal shows" as a joke since everyone was wearing out the "California get no metal shows" shtizks.

But seriously, Iran get no metal shows :(

And that aint even funny, its the cold hard truth :flame:

I blame the government. But yeah I know man it sucks. What bard of Iran did you live in?

Sepultura69
03-26-2011, 03:59 PM
I blame the government. But yeah I know man it sucks. What bard of Iran did you live in?

Tehran.

masterguy49
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Tehran.
Ah that's where my parents are from too. I usually visit there when I go to Iran. Also a week late, but happy new year ;)

Sepultura69
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Ah that's where my parents are from too. I usually visit there when I go to Iran. Also a week late, but happy new year ;)

Thanks man! I had a pretty awesome new years. Just hanged out with some Co workers from work and went to a Persian night club thats open till like 4 in the morning. Just chillaxin' till the night was over, havin' a good time. Happy new years to you too :rocker:

illuminatus917
04-01-2011, 11:45 PM

Tehran.

I'm assuming you're familiar with the Arab world, so...

if you don't mind, I'd like to ask for some help. I have to minor in a language for my major, which was going to be Chinese at a point, and still might be depending, but I was considering a possible switch to Arabic. Would you recommend this?

I ask not because of the level of difficulty, but because of the practicality of learning formal Arabic. I've heard most in the Arab world speak sub dialects of Arabic and not formal Arabic, and I was wondering if that's actually the case. I don't want to work my ass off learning a difficult language just to walk down the street in Egypt speaking in a tongue about as conversationally inappropriate to them as Shakespearean English would be to us.

masterguy49
04-03-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm assuming you're familiar with the Arab world, so...

if you don't mind, I'd like to ask for some help. I have to minor in a language for my major, which was going to be Chinese at a point, and still might be depending, but I was considering a possible switch to Arabic. Would you recommend this?

I ask not because of the level of difficulty, but because of the practicality of learning formal Arabic. I've heard most in the Arab world speak sub dialects of Arabic and not formal Arabic, and I was wondering if that's actually the case. I don't want to work my ass off learning a difficult language just to walk down the street in Egypt speaking in a tongue about as conversationally inappropriate to them as Shakespearean English would be to us.
Hmmm good question. I'll ask my parent's about that and tell you tomorrow. Personally I know some of my friends were taught Arabic when they were younger. I think it had to do with religion more. Though looking at the Iranian language it seems very close too if not identical to Arabic. Especially when it comes to writing.

illuminatus917
04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Hmmm good question. I'll ask my parent's about that and tell you tomorrow. Personally I know some of my friends were taught Arabic when they were younger. I think it had to do with religion more. Though looking at the Iranian language it seems very close too if not identical to Arabic. Especially when it comes to writing.

The Iranian language is Persian, right?

Natrlhi
04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
The Iranian language is Persian, right?Yes, or Farsi as it is sometimes called.

illuminatus917
04-04-2011, 06:45 PM

Any word from the folks yet?