PDA

View Full Version : Reading and Leeds

mankvill
03-21-2011, 04:30 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196931_10150168993159994_54476879993_8364634_40484 98_n.jpg

The lack of Radiohead makes me worried. :(

but ODD FUTURE WOLF GANG KILL THEM ALL

RAZOR
03-21-2011, 04:40 PM
That's pretty...bad. :eyes:

Dextrimental
03-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Fake, for one reason, that Friday, Offspring would not play under 30STM and MCR, no way. Everything makes sense but for that. Actually, no it doesn't. Its also missing the token metal headliner.

ravenheart
03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Proves right there how weak and predictable those festivals are (also V). The usual shitty, obvious stuff.

And it's not fake. The line-up was due to be announced today, and that's what's on the official websites.

The only thing that surprises me is the lack of Marilyn Manson.

mankvill
03-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Fake, for one reason, that Friday, Offspring would not play under 30STM and MCR, no way. Everything makes sense but for that. Actually, no it doesn't. Its also missing the token metal headliner.

I got this off New Found Glory's facebook page, so...idk!

ravenheart
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Like I just said, the line-up announcement was 7:15pm GMT. That's the real deal.

Tickets are also on sale at a cool 195 for the weekend.

Dextrimental
03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Really? THATS real? Fuck that. FUCK THAT.

stylesclash516
03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow, for once I'm not jealous of a festival Europe gets over the US.

ravenheart
03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Really? THATS real? Fuck that. FUCK THAT.

You're surprised? Besides the missing metal headliner (hopefully they've finally realised it's a waste of time having one) it's the same boring shit as every year. That's a totally believable bill.

Two acts I want to see on the whole bill is about right too.

ravenheart
03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, for once I'm not jealous of a festival Europe gets over the US.

Isle of Wight, V, Reading and Leeds look like this every year. Without exception. Although Isle of Wight is more likely to pull a cool headliner like Neil Young or Paul Weller out of the hat. But otherwise, this kind of shit is what most English people mean by "summer festivals". They think this is what festival season is.

The other 20% are non-festival goers, hip-hop fans, dance fans, and metal fans.

And that 5% that are the metal fans is actually 4% people who think the festival season is comprised entirely of Download, Wacken and Sonisphere, plus 1% people who know what a real festival is supposed to look like.

And be warned, the company behind Reading and Leeds are the ones responsible for that new festival the US is getting in Orlando this year.

TonyD
03-21-2011, 06:23 PM
So much shit

MPF
03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
The only good thing about that lineup is Henry Rollins.

Dextrimental
03-21-2011, 06:49 PM
You're surprised? Besides the missing metal headliner (hopefully they've finally realised it's a waste of time having one) it's the same boring shit as every year. That's a totally believable bill.

Two acts I want to see on the whole bill is about right too.

Its believeable, just sorta crap. Yeah, too many bands I could see elsewhere, and without the token metal headliner theres very little going on there I would travel over to see.

300%_Density
03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I got this off New Found Glory's facebook page, so...idk!

OK so if nobody else will ask I will... wtf are you doing in the NFG Facebook page? There something you need to share with us?

mankvill
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
OK so if nobody else will ask I will... wtf are you doing in the NFG Facebook page? There something you need to share with us?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I love mainstream pop/punk seriously. Remember the blink-182 and Offspring sets? C'mon, bro.

300%_Density
03-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I thought it was pretty common knowledge that I love mainstream pop/punk seriously. Remember the blink-182 and Offspring sets? C'mon, bro.

Haha yep good point. The Blink stuff ehhh. I guess I see it. Offspring maybe that I'll give ya. NFG.... yep you lost me on that. But not hating. Could always be worse like Yellowcard or Shit like that.

brutal_descent
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Going for the Leeds Saturday. Gotta see the Deftones & The Offspring :cool:

elturtleboy
03-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Madness isnt headlining? BULLSHIT

christopher
03-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Out of that whole thing, I would just want to see Muse, Crystal Castles, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars, Offspring and Rise Against. Mostly Muse and CC though.

ravenheart
03-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Its believeable, just sorta crap

Well yeah, but that's a given. It's only the exact same crap as every year.

Yeah, too many bands I could see elsewhere, and without the token metal headliner theres very little going on there I would travel over to see.

You mean... there has been on previous years? I can get to Reading as easy as anything. I can even stay with a friend for nothing. I still wouldn't go to any line-up there's been since they resurrected the event in whichever year it was.

Dextrimental
03-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Well yeah, but that's a given. It's only the exact same crap as every year.

You mean... there has been on previous years? I can get to Reading as easy as anything. I can even stay with a friend for nothing. I still wouldn't go to any line-up there's been since they resurrected the event in whichever year it was.

Well, see, I am actually quite a big fan of the indie/pop-rock/punk scene, and as such, don't mind seeing alot of these bands as many times as some metal bands I would be seeing. yeah its a boring line up of the same stuff, but in previous years, there has nearly the entire line up worth of stuff I wanted to go see, bands like Bad Religion, Jimmy Eat World, Gallows, and with the token metal headliner, Metallica or Slipknot usually, I would be seeing oen of my favorite bands overall in the process.